FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Don't refill HP after Kolossium fights, and 1/2 XP

By Nonnok October 19, 2011, 18:18:48
Reactions 180
Score : 7696

Ha ha ha.

"The update hurt bakers, true, but it helped shieldsmiths..." "It's done nothing for Alchemists! Why are you trying to sell the idea that it's doing good things for Alchemists?"

"Bakers don't exist in a vacuum, there are other professions..." "ONLY BAKERS! STICK TO THE SUBJECT! STOP GOING OFF-TOPIC" "Okay, I'll just talk about bakers then." "What, Butchers and Fishermen and Alchemists aren't good enough for you to talk about?"

I'm glad to see it's not just me who gets sucked into these kinds of "discussions". Keep up the good work, guys.

0 0
Score : 3954

Honestly the kama rewards are small, and the xp rewards are not high compared to PVM when you FACTOR IN the fact that you can loose and gain nothing where as in pvm the odds of you losing are much smaller. The system just needs balenced fights because I so far have 2 types of fights. The ones where I just win, or I just lose. Nothing in between. Fix this smile But regarding the hp loss..... I KNOW I dont want it but.... it is needed. So +1 from me(expect for the xp part so i guess +.5 smile )

0 0
Score : 254
greekg|2011-10-27 22:15:38
Honestly the kama rewards are small, and the xp rewards are not high compared to PVM when you FACTOR IN the fact that you can loose and gain nothing where as in pvm the odds of you losing are much smaller. The system just needs balenced fights because I so far have 2 types of fights. The ones where I just win, or I just lose. Nothing in between. Fix this smile But regarding the hp loss..... I KNOW I dont want it but.... it is needed. So +1 from me(expect for the xp part so i guess +.5 smile )

You said it yourself; You gain nothing from losing a Kolo fight, but you don't lose anything, either. Right now there is no losing in a kolo match, sure your team gets beaten, but nothing bad comes of it. If you die in a PvM fight, and it happens far more often then your odds state, then you lose HP/Energy/Pet HP (if equipped), you're also sent spiralling back to whatever Zap you had saved, incurring costs to get back to where you were training.

If anyone really wants fairness between PvP and PvM then they both have to incur the same consequences for losing. At this moment in time you only win in kolo matches, it doesn't matter if you only 'win' one match out of ten because you have lost nothing in the process. It's like gambling but always winning back your starting bet no matter what happens.
0 0
Score : 4490
the IMMEDIATE kama rewards are small, but you discount the koloss tokens in that. and the xp rewards are by no means "not high compared to pvm." i just run a bherb run with a friend, and we completed the run AND soul in 55-66 minutes and the total xp gain i got from it? 4.62m xp. koloss gives me more xp than one of the BEST pvm xp dungeons for me, and in less time. the xp still needs some moderation.
0 0
Score : 3954
UnsteppedRhyme|2011-10-28 00:13:02

You said it yourself; You gain nothing from losing a Kolo fight, but you don't lose anything, either. Right now there is no losing in a kolo match, sure your team gets beaten, but nothing bad comes of it. If you die in a PvM fight, and it happens far more often then your odds state, then you lose HP/Energy/Pet HP (if equipped), you're also sent spiralling back to whatever Zap you had saved, incurring costs to get back to where you were training.

If anyone really wants fairness between PvP and PvM then they both have to incur the same consequences for losing. At this moment in time you only win in kolo matches, it doesn't matter if you only 'win' one match out of ten because you have lost nothing in the process. It's like gambling but always winning back your starting bet no matter what happens.
Well forums just deleted my old post so lets make this short and sweet. Reread my post and you will see that I AGREE WITH LOSING HP at the end of fights. But really.... Do you think people will PVP if they lose xp or kamas or somthing like you suggest? Even if they lost energy..... I HIGHLY DOUPT that you lose your pvm fights 50% of the time. If you do MAYBE Practice a little bit.
0 0
Score : 7810

Didn't stop them from headhunting, that's for sure.

0 0
greekg|2011-10-28 01:03:52

Well forums just deleted my old post so lets make this short and sweet. Reread my post and you will see that I AGREE WITH LOSING HP at the end of fights. But really.... Do you think people will PVP if they lose xp or kamas or somthing like you suggest? Even if they lost energy..... I HIGHLY DOUPT that you lose your pvm fights 50% of the time. If you do MAYBE Practice a little bit.

I know you agree with the HP system. I, on the other hand, didn't suggest losing xp/kamas. I simply said the risk/reward should mirror PvM. As Silent Said it didn't stop them from Headhunting, even through the rewards were greater people still had to suffer the consequences of losing a match.

People should PvP for the fun/challenge, not the overabundance of candy dished out by Ankama for them. Losing HP in the process should be a given, that we agree on, what we didn't agree on was this

"and the xp rewards are not high compared to PVM when you FACTOR IN the fact that you can loose and gain nothing"

They are exponentially higher if you risk nothing in getting the xp. It doesn't matter how trivial, or great, the amount of Xp is It's the fact that if you lose there are no consequences, and that certainly beats the odd trouncing you sometimes get from monsters.
0 0
Score : 8180

"Gaining nothing if you lose" -- not necessarily the case. You DO win a better chance at your NEXT win...

Edit: also, one could argue that: monsters > more predictable; less XP should be rewarded for that, versus players > less predictable > more reward. Makes sense from that perspective (devils advocate speakingly.)
0 0
Score : 1057

How about unbalanced fights( 120s vs 190s and stuff)? when they will fix that, im gonna agree with this.

0 0
kokimura-love-alts|2011-10-28 09:45:23
How about unbalanced fights( 120s vs 190s and stuff)? when they will fix that, im gonna agree with this.
read the thread better, and learn koloss better. there are posts putting forward ideas to deal with the "easy" xp gain koloss provides.
0 0
Score : 446
SilentRevenge|2011-10-28 01:15:59
Didn't stop them from headhunting, that's for sure.

Most Headhunters only went after targs they knew they could beat. Most of the time there was no agreement between both parties. You had your wings up (for prism or whatever case), some higher level dude comes over and attacks you.

Kolossium is trying to attract PvM player to do a bit PvP too. If there would be HP and Energy loss i dont think many ppl will do anymore.

Edit: I dont care about exp halved. They can do whatever they want with that biggrin I get more exp from PvM fights.
0 0
Score : 2029

Until a player lvls a character from 1 to 200 in a few weeks with the kolossium (or I guess 50 to 200), I'm not gonna buy the "pvp gives better xp than pvm" argument. I've seen players lvl new characters to the epic lvls through pvm easily within a month, sometimes in less time than that.

Also, just because a lot of new players are participating in the kolossium a lot doesn't mean it's due to the fact that the rewards are broken. It's also possible there's a lot of participation because it's a lot of fun and people actually like team-based pvp. The bonus xp, kolossotokens and minimal costs help make the player feel like they're actually progressing through this system, even though pvm really offers better rewards.

Nonnok,

The 100 battles I was speaking of was just an estimate given the supposed 50% winning average. At the time of that writing, that player actually defeated croca and buck anear a good 20 times or so. Also, check this guy out

Click here

He lvld from 192 (at the highest) to 198 in a day by fighting frig monsters. It says he gained over a billion xp. Do you think anyone could gain that xp by winning about 200 kolossium battles in a day (and possibly participating in up to 400 battles)? There are several examples of players like this on the ladder. The best possible way to gain xp is through pvm.

As for healing items, given what seems to be poor rewards through this system, forcing a player to recover hp could discourage players from participating in multiple fights (which could kill the system). A player with 3k hp participating in 20 fights in a day could very well spend at least 100kk to 150kk for healing items. I think they should instead improve these professions in the same way they improved shieldsmiths.

0 0
Scientiavore|2011-10-28 21:47:25
Until a player lvls a character from 1 to 200 in a few weeks with the kolossium (or I guess 50 to 200), I'm not gonna buy the "pvp gives better xp than pvm" argument. I've seen players lvl new characters to the epic lvls through pvm easily within a month, sometimes in less time than that.

dont buy it if you want, it just makes you ignorant of the truth. as i posted earlier in the thread, the xp for 50-110 is comparable to pvm in the same timeframe, if not a little worse. the xp for endgame, 180-199 is well and truly "meh." but it is the xp in the MIDDLE of those two that is well overdone. proof of my point? just yesterday i did a bherb run/soul with a friend using only our own characters to reduce the total time taken (which likely would be doubled due to the retards that would have wanted to come) and the total time for the run itself was 44:32, and the soul adding up to make that a total of 59:32 or so. i earned roughly 4.5m xp off of that, and only ONE 55% challenge was completed on both boss fights combined.

at my level, losses in koloss dont take 10-15 minutes, they take about 3 minutes. so if we remain generous and say 15 minutes per fight with wait times, that's 4 fights in the same time as running that dungeon. if i win one koloss, the xp is comparable, but still worse. the moment i win 2+ koloss in an hour's time, the xp now suddenly outweighs pvm by a landslide.
0 0
Score : 9385

"Yeah, let's say that something is not overpowered because it is less effective than some completely broken and abusive mechanism!"

No. This is a horrible arguement. We all know very well that leeching is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. Only because the Kolossium is not exactly as bad doesn't mean it's good. That's like saying that AIDS is no problem because ebola is much worse. Obviously a very ridiculous thing to say.

Let's face it, the Kolossium is way too rewarding. You don't need any bread ever, you don't need any eni powder ever, you don't need any energy potions you don't need anything ever, heck you don't even have to move. All you have to do is signing up for battles, and the Kolossium automatically breads you, automatically keeps your energy full no matter how often you lose, magically makes your pets not lose any HP and conveniently teleports you there and back again.

And what you get is more kamas then you will ever find on monsters, a ton of xp and a lot of kolossokens. Heck, i get about 150kk worth of kolossokens a fight for curbstomping noobs that hit eachother and tell me to kill them faster. How nice. And as if that's not enough cash and rewards and xp for free, i get another 1.5mk worth of Kolossokens from just logging in. Yeah. I just log in and get hundreds of Kolossokens for doing absolutely nothing at all. And of course, some more kamas. Like "yeah, here you get some kamas to use the zaap and buy bread... oh wait we totally forgot you don't need any of these anymore because we give that away for free".

Earlier today i made my first major trophy. They're worth around 15-20mk or so currently. I earned it by pretty much doing nothing. Sometimes you stomp some team into the ground, sometimes you tell a team composed of Cthulhu reincarnated as dofus characters to stomp you into the ground more quickly so you can stomp the next team into the ground. But at the end of the day, you got a crapton of kolossokens, an easy 50-100 million xp for doing next to nothing without even needing wis and maybe a 100kk of cash which they're just handing out for free while on the other hand they are giving their best to make every monster in the game give the least kamas possible so it doesn't inflate the currency while they're handing out tons of it for free to PvP players. Good night, see you tomorrow, which starts out with another free 100-200 Kolossokens for being able to log in.
0 0
Blazeron|2011-10-29 18:40:13

"Yeah, let's say that something is not overpowered because it is less effective than some completely broken and abusive mechanism!"

No. This is a horrible arguement. We all know very well that leeching is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. Only because the Kolossium is not exactly as bad doesn't mean it's good. That's like saying that AIDS is no problem because ebola is much worse. Obviously a very ridiculous thing to say.

Let's face it, the Kolossium is way too rewarding. You don't need any bread ever, you don't need any eni powder ever, you don't need any energy potions you don't need anything ever, heck you don't even have to move. All you have to do is signing up for battles, and the Kolossium automatically breads you, automatically keeps your energy full no matter how often you lose, magically makes your pets not lose any HP and conveniently teleports you there and back again.

And what you get is more kamas then you will ever find on monsters, a ton of xp and a lot of kolossokens. Heck, i get about 150kk worth of kolossokens a fight for curbstomping noobs that hit eachother and tell me to kill them faster. How nice. And as if that's not enough cash and rewards and xp for free, i get another 1.5mk worth of Kolossokens from just logging in. Yeah. I just log in and get hundreds of Kolossokens for doing absolutely nothing at all. And of course, some more kamas. Like "yeah, here you get some kamas to use the zaap and buy bread... oh wait we totally forgot you don't need any of these anymore because we give that away for free".

Earlier today i made my first major trophy. They're worth around 15-20mk or so currently. I earned it by pretty much doing nothing. Sometimes you stomp some team into the ground, sometimes you tell a team composed of Cthulhu reincarnated as dofus characters to stomp you into the ground more quickly so you can stomp the next team into the ground. But at the end of the day, you got a crapton of kolossokens, an easy 50-100 million xp for doing next to nothing without even needing wis and maybe a 100kk of cash which they're just handing out for free while on the other hand they are giving their best to make every monster in the game give the least kamas possible so it doesn't inflate the currency while they're handing out tons of it for free to PvP players. Good night, see you tomorrow, which starts out with another free 100-200 Kolossokens for being able to log in.

I never do this but here goes. Awesome post!
0 0
Score : 3339

Except for the mention of Cthulhu I agree with everything it sums up the situation perfectly.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
0 0
Score : 2029

I agree with the leeching assessment, but the point is not about leeching but dungeon xp in general. I doubt the link I provided to the lvl 198 player that gained over 1 billion xp within 24 hours is a leech if he gained a lot of that xp doing celestial bearbarian.

Also, an economy is much more than the unit of currency involved, it's also about the goods and services in the markets. While you may not be able get as much currency per fight through pvm, you will gain more than a pure pvp player in resources to craft valuable items which ultimately will be far more valuable than the kamas and kolossotokens the pvp player is acquiring. I think we can all agree that if it's so easy to get kolossotokens for "doing nothing at all", soon the value of anything you can get with kolossotokens will decrease dramatically (including the major trophies which are clearly being overpriced atm). That's just how an economy works, no one's going to pay through the nose for something that's so damn easy to acquire.

@ talith

I agree that if you're partnered with people who don't know what they're doing, pvm xp can be worse. It's all about efficiency after all. I think 1 hour for bherb is a bit too long though, one bherb run with your team doesn't really prove much. It may be that for you the pvp xp is better, but I've been able to run bherb with friends in half an hour, including the soul. There may be people who can run it even faster. I know of people who run royal ping and royal masto in under 20 minutes and gain a lot more xp, as well as mats. Hell, some people can run CB in 20 minutes, so they can probably run dungeons like royal ping and royal masto even faster than that.
0 0

44 minutes for the run itself. it was another 15 for the soul only because i had to relog my clients. and barring returning to full wisdom with pure intel gear, bherb is the fastest dungeon i can run for pvm xp unless i'm in a group that knows what they're doing well enough for me to risk other dungeons. i have stopped running dungeons outside of guild/close friends because of 4 consecutive fuck-ups by the randoms in the group. one was a retarded enu using living shovel to "keep him from being killed by the royal" and instead causes 5 other people in the group to get insta-killed, including me (mastogob is the one dungeon i demand high init for because, unfortunately, i dont trust people to micromanage the pushing required), which caused the dungeon to fail. i still have a dungeon save point there after 6 weeks. the second was a screw-up in pingwin because retards wouldnt kill everything but the royal first because "the royal would be buffed by it" despite the fact that the amount the royal gets buffed is a paltry slap to the face compared to the ass-pounding people were getting in the fight by OTHER monsters. save point has lasted for 4 weeks. 3rd screw was a croc run. some idiot running 2 intel cras decided to, despite ALL THE WARNINGS FROM 6 OTHER PEOPLE, display his lack of intelligence and spend all his ap using explosive arrow on croc and everything else around her. normally not a problem, but everything around croc was buffed by croc's roar. so guess what? both cras are at/below 40% health bitching for heals as everyone else in the fight proceeds to get wrecked by the uber monsters. i'm barely alive by my turn by the grace of luck and having 50% res in the fight, and i tell them that this is why retards should not be invited to croc runs and then i pass my turn to finish the fight. the fourth and final one was a toror/tot run with another MCer who ran 2 enus. we get through toror just fine. tot takes a nosedive because the friggin moron is so clueless he doesnt have ghostly on 1/2 on his enus, and fails to unbewitch the minotot EVERY TURN. not ghostly failing to crit, but the tard failing to CAST it. instead he's begging for pushback and mp theft. we only won the fight because everyone else in the fight wasnt braindead. PUGs in dofus need to be renamed to "DDSs," Definite Death Sentences.

my point? an hour for bherb is relatively fast for me. really its only that long because two of my triplets arent yet 100+ to speed up the fights even faster, and the longest fight in the entire run was with the 4-5 kilis taking 20 minutes. once my triplets are ALL above level 100 and in "final" battle sets, i should be running bherb even faster. even then, the xp still pales in comparison to koloss. in fact, i know of someone who, that in 2 weeks of straight koloss only, has leveled from 170 to 181. roughly 400m xp in 2 weeks. not entirely sure how easily people can do that in 2 weeks of pvm if you compare the true time spent "gaining" that xp. if ankama really does record fight results, they'd realize that the xp really needs some tweaking. personally i think it should be tied to your opponents levels in some way, even if its as simple as (if team level > opponent team level, then modified xp award by [insert formula here], else give xp award of XXXXXX).

0 0
Score : 13
Scientiavore|2011-10-30 21:47:43

I agree that if you're partnered with people who don't know what they're doing, pvm xp can be worse.
True only in part. I am a good player that is well equipped. I did 10 fights in the kolo today one of which I won.
That single win was a total fluke, only because the guy 2x my lvl on the other team kept dcing.

It took 4 hours to get these 10 fights and I lost all but 1. That is 500k xp in 4 hrs for a lvl 82 with crappy Wisdom.

I won't say I am blameless...I am human and make mistakes too...but I am constantly getting paired up with idiots or teams where the lowest lvl on the other team is 20 higher than me minimum.
My last 3 kolo fights all had at least 1 lvl 19x. I have only ever had an eni in my group 4 times.

And the few times...very few times...I had a balanced fight (in terms of lvl) the people on my team were so stupid and terrible at this game that they must have bought their accounts.

I have never really had a problem in PvM and the few dungeons I have lost in we could just teleport back to the dungy and go straight to the boss, this time to win.

Long story short?

The Kolo is perfectly balanced.

Either you have an even match so its 50-50
Or you go up against a completely overpowered team...failing that, your team is completely overpowering the other.

In all of these cases the odds of winning are 50%.

They might as well just make a system where your team goes up against 3 lvl 1's or 3 lvl 200's.
0 0
Score : 4775

I'm only here to add a single point:

Scientiavore, you can not compare the experience gained in PvM to the experience in Kolossium the way you want to. PvM experience is based on your Wisdom whereas the Kolossium is not. I gained more experience in the Bherb run with Talith because my characters have 35X and 43X Wisdom each. That being said, I still gain far more in Kolossium and I don't even have to have any Wisdom at all. Somebody with 0 Wisdom is gaining 3 million experience just the same as somebody with 800 Wisdom in the Kolossium. PvM experience is 100% different in that regard. So, saying that person gained however many billion experience in PvM is moot because they obviously have a around 400+ Wisdom and gets that bonus.

0 0
Respond to this thread