FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

NPC Mercenary for Hire.

By Gunnerwolfang - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - October 24, 2011, 10:58:12

I prefer solo playing, just like in Diablo games where I can hire a mercenary to fight beside me and stay beside me until we both lost.

There would be various class and level with corresponding fee. (Regular 14 class and Incarnations)

They would be a following character and will auto-join you in fight.

They will leave your service if you join a group or joined a fight with another player.

Each mercenary have a preferred build and spell sets that you can choose from the recruitment agency.

Contribution to group PP is optional and mercenary will keep their drops.

You can only hire mercenary who are same level or lower leveled than you.

5 0
Reactions 48
Score : 7810

Sounds like GuildWars's henchies/heroes system. Worked pretty well there

0 0
Score : 5478

Obviously don't include it in PvP lmao
Nice idea though, could help people who play solo in dungeons.

0 0
Score : 16928

If headhunter was still in the game, I would say no. But this would be a very fun idea.

+1

0 0
Score : 25911

Sample NPC Mercenary:

Gobballeater
Osamodas Level 20

Equipment:
Gobball Set with 165 Gobtubby.

Build:
Pure vitality.

Spell Set:
Gobball 5
Toad 5

AI:
Cowardly
Summon Gobball then Toad on next turn.

Unlocked:
Finish his quest.
Finish Gobball dung 10 times.

Hiring Fee: 20,000 kamas

0 0
Score : 4333

The only drawback I could see to something like this is it would create a huge kamas sink. HUGE! Especially if a level 20 NPC started at 20000 kamas. Figure out a way to keep the money in the economy and flowing between players and I could support this idea smile 

0 0
Nonnok|2011-10-25 07:47:41
The only drawback I could see to something like this is it would create a huge kamas sink. HUGE! Especially if a level 20 NPC started at 20000 kamas. Figure out a way to keep the money in the economy and flowing between players and I could support this idea smile
Personally 20,000 kamas is not much for me but I guess you are right since not every level 20 newbies can afford 20kk.

I have only given out an example which means that it could be revised by the dev't team as they see fit. How about 200k per NPC level or 4,000k for a level 20 NPC mercenary? Still too much, 100k per level or 2000k for the service of a level 20 NPC mercenary (20kk for a level 200)?
0 0
Score : 1849
Gunnerwolfang|2011-10-25 11:24:24
Personally 20,000 kamas is not much for me but I guess you are right since not every level 20 newbies can afford 20kk.

I have only given out an example which means that it could be revised by the dev't team as they see fit. How about 200k per NPC level or 4,000k for a level 20 NPC mercenary? Still too much, 100k per level or 2000k for the service of a level 20 NPC mercenary (20kk for a level 200)?
need a different lvl based system, not just a linear system so it fits in with both the lvl 20's and the 200's.
0 0
Score : 392

This sounds fun, my suggestion would make the mercenary change depending on the level.

Some sort of formula for the price cost.

The mercenary would be 2/3 of the level of hiring player and have half of the stats of the hiring player? smile 

0 0
Score : 6474

How about you go to any Class Temple and just rent a dopple? You would get the dopple in your current level bracket or perhaps 5-10 lvls lower than you?
You could rent a dopple for a dopploon cost or for a number of kamas.

Another suggestion would be entering "Mercenary Mode" instead of Merchant Mode.

In Mercenary Mode you are a dopple of your class with your colors.
The dopple shares your level.
The build would probably be generic or at best would reflect your highest stat.

The player would gain whatever Kamas they charge for their Merc services.

A player in Merc Mode would be hired for 20 fights or the the end of a dungeon, whichever came first.

Whenever you start a dungeon the Merc stays even past the 20 fight limit, but you need to provide a key for the Merc.

2 Merc max/group? No PvP.

0 0
Score : 4333
Gunnerwolfang|2011-10-25 11:24:24

The cost is certainly a concern, but not my biggest concern. It's where the money's going. When you pay NPCs for an item or a service, that's called a money sink. Players are sinking their kamas into and endless dark abyss of nothingness and that money is removed from the economy never to be seen again. This is the same reason the soulstone NPC is being removed and being replaced by craftable stones. The money goes back to players instead of being taken out of the economy.

Even if a level 20 NPC's wage was 2kk, and a level 200 NPC's wage was 20kk... Imagine countless players running to hire the black and pink knight for around 18kk. That's quite a bit of money exiting the economy. Again, it's not the amount of kamas that concerns me most, but rather where it's going.

Figure out a way to keep that money among the players and I could throw my support behind it. It does seem like a cool idea.
0 0
Score : 2029
Electricotter|2011-10-25 16:27:45
How about you go to any Class Temple and just rent a dopple? You would get the dopple in your current level bracket or perhaps 5-10 lvls lower than you?

A player in Merc Mode would be hired for 20 fights or the the end of a dungeon, whichever came first.

Whenever you start a dungeon the Merc stays even past the 20 fight limit, but you need to provide a key for the Merc.

I actually like electricotter's idea, although I'd modify it a bit. First, the ability to enter mercenary mode is tied to your alignment's order. Upon reaching lvl 20 of your alignment's order, you can hire yourself out as a mercenary when entering merchant mode. You set your own price and the number of fights with which you'll assist the player. If a player hires you, they get a copy of your player following them around. A player can only have up to one merc following them around at a time, and they don't drop anything or gain xp, but they still count towards the lvl cap. The player sets up their copies ai and basic behavior (melee attack option, ranged attack option, spell priority, etc.), and this info will be displayed to prospective hirers.

Upon getting higher alignment order lvls, you can actually get your own npc henchman for free amongst the 14 classes, common incarnations, and alignment guards, etc., and you can hire those out in merchant mode as well.

Personally, I don't see the problem with allowing these in alignment or perc pvp. These guys are gonna take up a slot, and since dofus ai isn't exactly very good they're not going to be nearly as good as a player. I'd have an option to deselect them for pvp fights though. Of course, they wouldn't be involved in kolossium pvp.
0 0
Score : 16928

Heres some mercs for ya.

Omusa:

Level 80 Osa.

Intelligence.

Spells:
Gob: 5
Toad: 5
Ghostly Claw: 5
PoC: 5
Bwork Magus: 5
Crow: 5
Feline Movement: 5

AI:
Cowardly: Tends to summon creatures and buff them/you if enemy gets close, attacks.

800HP
10 ap
3 mp
0% resist to all.

100,000 kamas.

Satoshi:

Level 80 Cra.

Chance

Spells:
Atonament Arrow: 5
Bats Eye: 5
Paralyzing Arrow: 5
Slow Down Arrow: 5
Distant Shooting: 5
Critical Shooting: 5
Powerful Shooting: 5

AI:
Cowardly: shoots from a long distance

600HP
8 ap
4 mp
0% resist to all

100,000 kamas.

Mogul:

Level 80 Enu.

Chance

Spells:
Slaughtering Shovel: 5
Shovel of Judgment: 5
Coins Throwing: 5
Chance: 5
Living Bag: 5
Bribery: 5
Ghostly Shovel: 5

AI:
Cowardly: hits from a distance.

600HP
8 ap
4 mp

Rai'ken.

Level 80 Iop

Strength

Spells:
Pressure: 5
Cocentration: 5
Power: 5
Bravery Guide: 5
Increase: 5
Compulsion: 5
Jump: 5

800HP
10 ap
4 mp
AI:
Agressive: Charges anything in site.

0 0
Score : 6474
Scientiavore|2011-10-25 23:24:31
Electricotter|2011-10-25 16:27:45

I actually like electricotter's idea, although I'd modify it a bit. First, the ability to enter mercenary mode is tied to your alignment's order. Upon reaching lvl 20 of your alignment's order, you can hire yourself out as a mercenary when entering merchant mode. You set your own price and the number of fights with which you'll assist the player. If a player hires you, they get a copy of your player following them around. A player can only have up to one merc following them around at a time, and they don't drop anything or gain xp, but they still count towards the lvl cap. The player sets up their copies ai and basic behavior (melee attack option, ranged attack option, spell priority, etc.), and this info will be displayed to prospective hirers.

Upon getting higher alignment order lvls, you can actually get your own npc henchman for free amongst the 14 classes, common incarnations, and alignment guards, etc., and you can hire those out in merchant mode as well.

Personally, I don't see the problem with allowing these in alignment or perc pvp. These guys are gonna take up a slot, and since dofus ai isn't exactly very good they're not going to be nearly as good as a player. I'd have an option to deselect them for pvp fights though. Of course, they wouldn't be involved in kolossium pvp.
I dislike your changes.

I'm Neutral. I would want to use this system.
I detest already how this game forces you to align in order to access certain parts of the PvM game.

Bring in the Mercenary alignment and I will join that. Problem solved.
Your Merc alignment would allow you enter Merc mode. Your Merc level would effect your hiring cost and duration, here is an example:
Align lvl 10 Merc sells her services for 100k.
When hired for 100k the merc receives 101k (1% kama increase for each 10 merc lvls).
Over the month our fictional Merc was offline she was hired 10 times (max times able to be hired=merc align lvl).

Other Merc possibilities would also be open. For example, with the new team finder for dungeons, Mercs would have their wings on (available) or off (unavailable) for all dungeons.
Each dungeon would have a preset or player set kama charge.

I do like your suggestion of setting ones own AI however. I am just unsure if that would be in the cards.

Maybe for each 25 Merc lvls you could have a certificate for a dopple rental? You would charge x kamas in Merch mode and the certificate would be valid for 10/25/50 fights.
The Merch would earn these certificates by either spending doploons or some form of craft, the craft components only being available as offline/hired drops.

Though now Merch is sounding more like a profession...and it would probably be the only profession I would actually enjoy.
Perhaps it could take up a Magus craft slot. Requiring 3 lvl 60 professions and a character lvl of 100+

Or the Magus version of being a Merc could be "Dopple Breeder"
Where you raise and lvl your own Dopples for rental as Mercs.
0 0
Score : 2609

Figure out a way that supports this system and keeps the money in the community and i'll be happy biggrin
maybe some craftable item that last a certain amount of fights etc...

0 0

Hidden mercenary:

Amloch, Smirkerth, Dusolair and Firetellini
Magik Riktus

Level: 30
Equipment: Unknown
Build: Multi
Spell: Bandit Spells
A.I.: Chaotic/Random
Unlock: Quest
Hiring Fee: 3,000-12,000 kamas

0 0
Score : 4490

unless they're going to follow temple dopple stat and spell structure, minimum level to hire being level 40 to allow the dopples to fall within the -20 level brackets, non-player associated mercenaries are a definite no.

player-based mercenaries however, are much more workable. the dopple's spell set, "gear" and stats are all exact replicas of the player's.

• mercenaries would cost (10,000 base)*(merc level /100+1)+(1,000 per fight)*(merc level /100) with minimum fights being 10, maximum being 50. if mercenary is dismissed before the end of the "contract" you are refunded (250*fights)*(merc level /100). [a level 100 merc for 10 fights would cost 30,000]
  • maximum level to higher is 10 levels above your character, no minimum level.
  • maximum mercenary count is two. if attempting to hire more than the limit, the player is required to dismiss one of the other mercenaries. [OR, the "oldest" mercenary is automatically dismissed]
  • mercenaries contribute to party level and prospecting, but function like perceptors in fight rewards. xp gained is reduced to 1%, and mercenaries receive kamas and drop rolls after players, and before perceptors. upon ending the contract, the hired player is sent an ankabox message (or green message on login) that will list the experience, kamas, and items earned while hired, which will be placed in the bank (items) or awarded to the character (xp). (do not argue this point. if you want to, you can increase the hiring cost by 5-10 times or more to truly compensate the person being hired in exchange for not receiving drops, kamas, or xp from fights. and for all you dofus hunting zealots, this isnt even an issue for you, you already run your own teams, so what would you need mercenaries for?)
  • when hiring mercenaries, it is possible to view statistics (both basic and advanced), spell set, and equipment. none of them are modifiable by the player hiring.
  • aligned mercenaries will not pass into territories requiring a specific alignment to access, and the player is given the choice to dismiss the mercenary or "leave the area" (you get bumped to the previous map). (brak/bont mercs cant enter bonta/brakmar or alignment territories if they are held by opposing alignment.)
when entering merchant mode, you're first given a popup that asks if you want to offer your services as a mercenary. if "no" you continue to the merchant confirmation popup. if you selected "yes" you are then asked to enter a number of how many contracts you are offering. once you select the number of contracts, you are then given a confirmation window to make sure you are certain, and then you proceed to the merchant confirm. once in merchant mode, you will have 5 different contract items in your merchant shop, 10, 20, ..., 50 fight duration contracts, whose quantity you stated before going into merchant mode. every contract purchased detracts from ALL durations, ie if someone buys 5 of your 10 contracts for 50 fights, you dont have 10 contracts for 10/20/30/40 and 5 for 50 left, you only have 5 contracts left. the contract items themselves have a 72 hour decay time. a new npc would be found within the amakna castle militia, and this npc allows you to activate a contract.

(and at this point the thought train plummeted off a cliff and i'm drawing a blank for anything else beyond the above)
0 0

To address the issue of the huge kama sink. I would suggest another method to implement an NPC Mercenary system.

New Kollosium Profession: Merk Kontractor
Acquired: Registering to an NPC in one of the Kollosium room.
Requirement: Quest - Win one Kollo fight.

Gathering: Quest - Establishing "Pacts"
Player can ask the Kontractor for quest wherein the reward will be a pact to a specific "Mercenary".
Only when a Kontractor acquired a pact with a mercenary can he craft a "Kontract" with him/her.

Sample quest:
"Kontract: Gobballeater"
Step 1: Get the quest from the kollo NPC
Step 2: Talk to Gobballeater.
Step 3: Beat Royal Gobball 10 times
Step 4: Talk to Gobballeater to finish the quest
Reward: 3,000 professional exp and a quest item "Gobballeater Sigil" (pacts that enables the signing of Gobtubby thru kontract crafting.

Crafting: "Kontract"
The player should click on a drawing table (Kontractor worktable found inside the Kollosium) and he will pick up a pen and make a contract draft. If the contract was successful, he gains a "Mercenary Kontract" a usable/consumable item and loses the materials that was traded as mercenary fees (if the crafting fails, we can just assume that a impersonator have hustled the mats).

Sample kontract:
"Gobballeater Kontract"
Consumable Item
Craftable by Level 20 Merk Kontractor with a "Gobballeater Sigil"
Recipe: (3 slots) 1 small perfect soulstone, 1 crimson pebble, 1 warchief gobball wool
Condition for use: Level >19, player should not be in a group.
Effect: when used/consumed, the Merk Gobballeater will be "Hired" and will be following the player and auto-join in every fight. A picture icon of the mercenary will be in the drop-down curse/state tab on the upper right of the screen.
Nullify Kontract: If the player/merk lose to a fight, the merk will dissapear. If the player joins another group or joins another fight, the merk Kontract will be canceled.

The kama sink issues will be solve since the kamas will be given to the players who crafted the "Kontract" items.

Still a work in progress. will try to add more improvement later if I can.

0 0
Score : 4490

koloss tokens are a quest item, not a resource, and are not tradeable as a result.

0 0
Score : 2315

I would like this for certain quests someone cannot solo themselves such as Click here or pet dungeon

0 0
Respond to this thread