FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

My 5th Class Suggestion: The Monster Gobball?

By Gunnerwolfang - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - December 11, 2011, 06:48:48
Gobball's Herd

How to access this class:
1. Ogrine. For 6000 Ogrine points, players will be given an extra character slot to create this monster class
2. Premium Perks. Premium members can create one for free (but it will take up an extra character slot).
3. Loyalty Reward: Players who have subscribed for an accumulated time of 3 years.

Ever since the ancient lores, Gobballs have survived the test of time. They can be found where civilization flourished. Hidden in plain sight, we are unaware that ours is not the only sentient existance.... up until now....

This class will give us an insight to the gobball civilization, the mysteries of their adaptive nature. Your journey will bring you to the aristocratic gobball village (Tainiella), to the easy-go-lucky brutal gobball village (Koalak Mountain / Koolich Caves), up to the hidden/secluded/frozen nomadic tribe (Frigost).

The chapter signifies the character level.
Each chapter in the gobballs form have a max level. To be able to continue leveling, they must undergo an evolution/transformation process.

Chapter 1-6: White Gobbly
Level 1 Spells:
Dribbling: Cha Attack
Nibbling: Neu Attack
Nimble: +1 to 3 MP

Level 3 spell:
Chew: Int attack steals 1-2 HP.

You start out as a young gobball, frolicking within the confines of Tainella (the aristocratic gobbal tribe).
Gobballs of this tribe consider themselves as sophisticated and refine... with the few exception of those who wanted more out of their confined life.
Your character wanted to explore the world outside of the colony, so you set out on a quest to leave the wall of the gobbaldom.

In your first quest, you are to seek a gobball who was rumored to know a way to leave and survive in the outside world. *you cannot talk to other class except fellow gobballs.

You manage to track down a black gobball named "Bud Imp Lou Wence" (Requirement: Level 5), and he sent you on a quest to gather flower/insect/gobball mats that he can turn into a potion to grant your wish.

After drinking the "Translator Potion", you gained the ability to talk to humans.
When the gobball elders learned of what you have done, they sentence you to banishment and cast spell on you so that every gobball will know that you are banished from the tribe. From now on, your character will be a castaway "Black Sheep" hence you have been transformed into a Black Gobbly (you can learn the level 6 spell and can level up to level 17 as a Black Gobbly).

After this scenario, you will then be teleported to Incarnam to begin the Incarnam Tutorials.
*White Gobbly cannot level up beyond level 6 until they finish this quest.
*They also cannot learn their Level 6 Spell until they transform.

Chapter 7-17: Black Gobbly

Level 6 spell: Summon White Gobbly.
Level 9 spell: Spit: Agi damage, -1 to 3 AP
Level 13 spell: Exhale: +1 to 6 range.

Story
After being banished, the young gobball set out to explore the world. He encountered many opponents and eventually gain more powers.
Upon reaching level 17, he feels that he is ready to return to the colony and ask for forgiveness.

The Tainella elders will only allow him to return to Tainella if he pass a trial/training.
He was send to a gobball master trainer named "Yoga", where he is to learn the way of the "Fleece".
The power is strong within the young gobball that he soon became a full pledge "Gobball".

He transform into a "Gobball"and learns the level 17 spell "Summon Black Gobbly".

Wiill continue again soon.
Chapter 18-42: Gobball
Chapter 43-80: Hybrid Gobball
Chapter 81-131: Gobball Warchief
Chapter 132-200: Royal Gobball

Equipment:
Gobballs will also have the same equipment slots as regular classes but how the appear will be different
Example:
Hat: will be on top of the gobball with some exemptions like if a gobball wears a royal gobball headgear, only the crown part of the headgear will show on top and not the whole headgear.

Shields: will appear as armor on the BOTH left and right side of the gobball even if they are only wearing one shield (to create a more balance looks).

Cape: will either be attached on the tail part of the gobball or in the sides just above the shield portion (in cases of scara wings).

Pets: instead of walking beside the class, pets will be riding on top of the gobball, just like Cait Sith of FF7 (parody if a gobball class wears a bow meow pet). Imagine a gobball class wearing a gobtubby pet and you will be reminded of a snowman. tongue

Weapon: since a gobball cannot be depicted as attacking using a weapon (although they equip one), their attack will be replaced by monster attacks depending on the weapon type.
Sword: Gobball Bite
Dagger: Horn Strike
Axe: Horn Slash
Bow: Stone Spit
Wand: Saliva Spit
Hammer: Jumping Ground Smash
Staff: Horn Headbutt

Profession Gathering Action:

Farmer and Alchemist: Bites and pull the cereals/flowers
Fisherman: Drinks the water and then snare a fish.
Lumberjack: Slashes the tree until it is cut.
Miner: Headbutts the ore vein until it breaks off.

Gobball Temple. (Gobball Arena)

It is an underground gobball arena where gobball trainers fit each others battle gobballs against one another.
This is where the legendary battle gobball "Sparagus" resides. A gobball trainer will also allow players to fight a "Gobbaliator" (equivalent to a temple dopple) for a gobball coin reward. Gobball coins can be use as filler for the 14 temple dopple coins in the dopple coin trade in case a player have 1 class dopple that they cannot defeat. (Gobball dopple is not included in the "Bigger Baker Dozen" quest).

TO BE CONTINUED....

You can also check out my previous class suggestions:
1st: Magical Engineer ( Xelor's Gears) Click here Time displaced rebels who created their own mechanical god to destroy the 12 gods. Now under the watchful eye of the god Xelor, who some suspects plans to use the engineers technology for his own agenda.

2nd: Cowboy Class (Cra's Legacy, Cravalry) Click here Mounted Gunslinger. Former follower of Cra who allied themselves with the magical engineers. Learned to use "Riding Skills" and "Magic Gun Skills".

3rd: Druid Class (Eniripsa's Potions) Click here Followers of Otomai who combines science and magic. Former nature loving followers of Eniripsa who followed the path of higher knowledge.

4th: Gemini Class (Pandawa Twin) Click here What happens when 4 pandawa tribes inter-mingle? You will get a 4 element hybrid "Avatar" class. (actually each twin controls only 2 elements but together they control 4).

6th: Shadow Mimic (Osamoda's Beastman) Click here Former Osamodas followers who were seduced by the demon god "Rushu". The highest evolution of the dopple race. Uses the power of shadow magic and mimicry.

7th: Feng Shui TarotS (Ecaflip's Karma) Click here The lucky cat persona of the god Ecaflip.

8th: Zombie Rockstar (Sacrier's Flesh) Click here Enticed by the power of death and rock music, these sacrier returnee are a testament that "Rock and Roll is dead... or should I say undead.

9th: Icarus Wings (Iop's Wings) Click here "Why jump, when you can fly?" A new order of the Iop's disciples who rediscovered the lost secret of the ancient magical artifacts.
1 0
Reactions 4
Score : 5786

I've played other MMO's where one of the character classes is actually a variation of a common enemy monster. I think that sort of thing is a really fascinating idea, and a definite twist on gameplay.

0 0
Score : 484

this actually amused me ^^ if not a class but an interesting quest! :p

0 0
Score : 363

What I like the most about this idea is the unique levelling of this class if I understand right. You got to evolve to level up instead of just boring grinding, you have to do several stuff in order to get to the next form would make for atleast another interesting year of trying out this class ( atleast for me it would if it would ever appear ) .

+1 ^^

0 0
Score : 25843
InuzukaKiba|2011-12-11 07:19:23
I've played other MMO's where one of the character classes is actually a variation of a common enemy monster. I think that sort of thing is a really fascinating idea, and a definite twist on gameplay.
An ideal D&D tabletop RPG enables templates for monsters also. So I believe that the ultimate RPG is one that enables the playability of even the monsters in the game. The monster class "Gobball" is just one of the possible monster that can be converted into a playable class. Almost all regular monster can be converted.

ItsJustDikkie|2011-12-11 14:45:25
this actually amused me ^^ if not a class but an interesting quest! :p
I will try to add more story tonight. Hope you like it. I would also invite you to add some idea into this class suggestion.

skatingfun123|2011-12-11 15:21:46
What I like the most about this idea is the unique levelling of this class if I understand right. You got to evolve to level up instead of just boring grinding, you have to do several stuff in order to get to the next form would make for atleast another interesting year of trying out this class ( atleast for me it would if it would ever appear ) .

+1 ^^
Thanks for the +1.

Yea, I tried to incorporate all the different form of the gobball family into this class. After all, how come there are so many different type of gobball in the first place? The transformations of this class will try to show how the different gobball form existed.
0 0
Respond to this thread