FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A better support system

By x-haruno-x January 03, 2012, 19:13:10

I'm pretty bitter about ankama's support system. Whether its because of lack of staffing, lack of care, or the fact that everyone needs support, I think the support system is pretty rubbish. I got hacked a few months ago, in fact, right after the ankama shield got put up. One day after it got put up, I got hacked by some random canadian, who amazingly, the ankama shield thought was "safe", and gave them access to steal my items etc etc. Now, with support, the closest thing I can be directed to is, "Have you had your account stolen?" Well yes, "Do you have access to your account?" Yes to that as well, after 2 hours of trying to get a code to find out my IP address is apparantly "unsafe". I literally, laughed at the fact I am not allowed to spend a individual ticket to them, and instead they simply put on the website, something along the lines of "Change your password", with no implications that they will help you. They may as well have put "Pfft, you have your account, whats the problem?"

AeriaGames have amazing support, you can send them individual tickets, where you give screenshot proof, a detailed explanation and get a reply within a maximum 48 hours, where usually they reply in around 4 hours. With ankama, you have to wait hours, before you can talk to a moderator, after you finally figure out that you have to visit a website that you don't even know is up to date! Yes, I've quit, no, I wasn't the only one who was hacked that day for no entire reason, no I did not account share, no I did not have viruses, and no, if you want to flame then I simply do not care. Im sure that many others will agree, that the support system for this company is in fact, rubbish.
And yes, I have heard people have had their character restored, but on the dofus website I see nothing about it, either I have not been looking where I should have been looking, or yet again, their support system is hard to find, hard to use, and bad in general. I've loved dofus for many years, don't get me wrong, I wish I could play even now, but Ive been playing a game that has many more events than dofus, much better support, with miniscule botting and hacking occuring. I'm not saying it is staffs fault, I'm not saying that it is the company's fault for being hacked every few weeks/months. I'm saying the support system needs to have a major check up, it needs to be easier to use, navigate, and it should be able to let you give individual tickets where you can explain in depth what the problem is, and get eventual response from support regardless of time zones within a certain amount of time, even a week would be better than never.

Click here
And this is the amazing reply they give to you if you know your password and can get into your account. If I am wrong by the way, don't be afraid to tell me where the 'Contact Us' button is, because I sure cannot find it.

2 0
Reactions 14
Score : 389

PREACH, LEADER! PREACH!
Every word of this is true.
Everybody that has;

:- Been hacked
:- Been abused
:- Forgot their password
:- Forgot their username
:- Forgot their secret question
:- Had a question about the game
:- Been victim of a bug and/or glitch
:- Had problems with subscription
:- Had problems with registration
:- Had problems
(Everybody)

will know how annoying, fiddly, useless, and generally the opposite of user-friendly, the Ankama support system is.
In fact, I quit, I was gonna start playing and paying again, but they one of my friends said, "No, don't do that. You remember their support. You remember how much they care about subscribers and players."
Basically, you don't.

Perhaps Ankama should think about how many subscribers they lose every day to their terrible customer support systems.

2 0
Score : -229

Remember the adult swim commercial?

"IT'S DOFUS! "Stupid sounding name, Smart game!"

Maybe they should add "Terrible Support!" to give new players an idea of what they will be getting. tongue

2 0
Score : 4480
x-haruno-x|2012-01-03 19:13:10
I'm pretty bitter about ankama's support system. Whether its because of lack of staffing, lack of care, or the fact that everyone needs support, I think the support system is pretty rubbish. I got hacked a few months ago, in fact, right after the ankama shield got put up. One day after it got put up, I got hacked by some random canadian, who amazingly, the ankama shield thought was "safe", and gave them access to steal my items etc etc. Now, with support, the closest thing I can be directed to is, "Have you had your account stolen?" Well yes, "Do you have access to your account?" Yes to that as well, after 2 hours of trying to get a code to find out my IP address is apparantly "unsafe". I literally, laughed at the fact I am not allowed to spend a individual ticket to them, and instead they simply put on the website, something along the lines of "Change your password", with no implications that they will help you. They may as well have put "Pfft, you have your account, whats the problem?"

Click here
And this is the amazing reply they give to you if you know your password and can get into your account. If I am wrong by the way, don't be afraid to tell me where the 'Contact Us' button is, because I sure cannot find it.
if you have ankama shield activated and someone "hacked" into your account despite it, you had far more serious problems because you had a keylogger sitting on your computer. how else would they know your username, password, email address, and your email account password? it was the failure of your own creating that resulted in the problem. and here's why ankama does not let you send a ticket if you still can access your account; they will not give you anything back that you lost. you could lose a celestial bearbarian set with ap/mp exomage, a full set of perfect dofus, and 55 billion kaamas, and ankama will simply reply "and?" so no, they wont help you. its the combination of human stupidity that support will blithely agree to your supposed losses and the fact that 99.99% of "hackings" are account sharing. on top of that, about the same amount of "i want my items back" claims were fraudulent, resulting in ankama's policy of "you lose stuff that was not due to a game error, you're up shit creek with neither paddle nor boat."
0 -1
Score : 915
talith|2012-01-03 22:30:56
x-haruno-x|2012-01-03 19:13:10

Click here
if you have ankama shield activated and someone "hacked" into your account despite it, you had far more serious problems because you had a keylogger sitting on your computer. how else would they know your username, password, email address, and your email account password? it was the failure of your own creating that resulted in the problem. and here's why ankama does not let you send a ticket if you still can access your account; they will not give you anything back that you lost. you could lose a celestial bearbarian set with ap/mp exomage, a full set of perfect dofus, and 55 billion kaamas, and ankama will simply reply "and?" so no, they wont help you. its the combination of human stupidity that support will blithely agree to your supposed losses and the fact that 99.99% of "hackings" are account sharing. on top of that, about the same amount of "i want my items back" claims were fraudulent, resulting in ankama's policy of "you lose stuff that was not due to a game error, you're up shit creek with neither paddle nor boat."

Love how you cut out the part where I said I had no virus and didn't account share at all, it's as if you hadn't read my post at all. I hadn't downloaded anything but to view webpages in the past few days, did several antivirus checks using Online Armour ++ and AVG, as well as norton security and MCAffee, all of which said I had no virus. If I had a virus, I would have been hacked months before. You fail to see the point of this topic, even if I wouldn't get my items back, the support system needs to be improved. Ankama is losing customers, and will keep on losing customers due to their crap support system.

Also, if I had been given a keylogger, they would have hacked my other accounts. My friend (A level 199 Iop) had gotten hacked just 6 hours before from around the same area (From IP information that we screenshotted). He didn't account share, yet his iop got hacked. He hadn't had any viruses or keyloggers, else his brother who plays on the same computer sometimes would have been hacked too. My other friend a 199 sram got hacked from a guy in jamaica, around 1 hour before me on that very same day, and countless other people got hacked too. This clearly shows that our hacking was a fault of ankama's poor security on their database and website, especially since it had occurred right after the new installation of the ankama shield. The very fact that we cannot contact support, despite the website telling us to contact support, means we cannot even report that these incidents occurred, nor the IP addresses that hacked us. Also, they did not enter my email account, as I have distinct IP logs of whom have entered and logged in as me on my email, and to this date, it has only been me, my own IP address, clearly showing that the ankama shield is bugged, faulty, and useless.

From these facts alone, I can very easily blame Ankama for having my account hacked, as the security system obviously failed. And no, I have other accounts, around level 100 to level 1 for storing SOS money, and none of them were hacked. My friend had other accounts, not as high as 199, they didn't get hacked. In fact, it was only level 190+ that got hacked to my best knowledge, showing it was database hacked and the accounts were hacked specifically for the high probability that they would be stinking rich, and coincidentally this followed the installation of the ankama shield.

But I really don't care. The most annoying thing about this whole thing is that you cannot get any support whatsoever. Let alone get my items back, I can't even report the bloody thing! Another dofus friend spent long hours trying to contact support (for a completely different reason), and when she finally managed to send a ticket, they haven't even came back to her after 3 weeks! AND it is still pending.

One of the things that all companies are expected to provide and execute is supporting customers and allowing them to contact support. Ankamas support system is horrendous. And there is no argument there.
0 0
Score : 7686

The problem with your story is that it's just that - a story. Anyone can say "my friend had the Shield turned on and still had all his stuff stolen", but that's all but impossible.

Even if someone broke into Ankama's computers and stole all their information, there's no way that information would include your friend's e-mail password.

And since that piece of information is absolutely required in order to authorize a new computer or IP address, that means there's only three ways your story can be true:

(1) This mysterious hacker had access to your friend's computer and got his Ankama password and e-mail password from there.
(2) This mysterious hacker had access to Ankama's computer, but your friend gave his Ankama account and the corresponding e-mail account the same password.
(3) This mysterious hacker has access to Ankama's computer as well as to the computers of every single e-mail company in the entire world.

Option 3 is impossible, and options 1 and 2 are security breakdowns on your friend's end.

That means the only thing you could possibly need to report is "I screwed up!"

Now, does the support system need to be improved? Heck yeah. RIght now, it's abysmally slow: it used to take two to three days, now it takes two weeks, and that's unacceptable. But your issue has absolutely nothing to do with Support and everything to do with keeping control of your own account security.

0 0

You are both getting hooked on one example, that of being hacked. You fail to see that we're not saying, "Ankama should have made it so we didn't get hacked", and you fail to see that we're not saying "It was all Ankama's fault we were hacked! Why don't we get compensation!"

No, what we want is actual customer support. A site where, if you send the report that you were hacked, you get at least a "Sorry, we can't really do anything from our end", as oppose to just being ignored.

Y'know, a site where you can get a speedy response to a problem that applies to you; instead of waiting a week to learn why you can't subscribe properly.

Y'know, a site where you don't get blocked from support questions for your Mac, purely because you live in England.

No joke. You actually get blocked from Mac Support if you live in England. Apparently that's because we're asian and bot farmers or something. Damn those Korean Kamafarmers, making their hide-outs in all four corners of Manchester.

To reiterate, we're not saying AMFG I WAS HACKED I WAS HACKED HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME.
We're not saying that.
We're saying, "Why does Ankama's support systems, FAQs, staff (etc.), lack so much? Why is it so unfriendly to users? So fiddly? So complicated?"

Now, I asked a friend this, and he replied, "Because in France, customer support is a luxury, not a necessity".

Well it might just be my opinion but when you're a MMO Game that has servers around the world, you should get up to date on Customer Support. Just because the French don't need the customer support which is even sometimes only given to the French, doesn't mean that the rest of the world, with all their subscription problems from overseas, all their abuse reports, bug reports, glitch reports (etc.), should have to suffer.

1 0
Score : 7686

If you don't want to focus on being hacked as an example, then you shouldn't have used it as your only example.

The Support site is designed the way it is very deliberately. Years ago, the Support site did actually have a big red "Send a ticket" button. As a result, people used it for every little problem ("All my spells are written as 2d6 instead of 2-12!" "It's Tuesday morning, and I can't connect to the game for some reason!" "There's a typo in an item name!" "My computer smells funny, and it's somehow due to Dofus!"), flooding Support so badly that it took them literally months to reply to tickets.

So instead they set it up as a FAQ system so people would know exactly what Support can and can't do. If there's a page for it and a link at the bottom that says "Send a message", then it's something Support handles. If there's no page for your problem, then it's not something they handle. If there's a page but no "Send a message" link, then it's not something they handle. Once that was put into place, ticket times decreased literally from six months to two days.

The current slowness is something else entirely. They're flooded with Ankama Shield problems, and need to clear that out as soon as possible.

So, to sum up: Support definitely needs to do something to speed up the problem, but making Support "easier" to use so that everyone can send in a ticket for every minor problem and non-problem again is not that solution.

0 -1

It's not just the fact that they take a long time that needs improvement. The quality of the support also needs changing. Here's another example:

I bought a pack from the shop, hoping it would arrive in time for my birthday.
At the date of arrival: No pack.
Day or two later, I send a thing to the Customer Support bit for the subsection about purchased goods (etc)

I ask them if it's normal that it's late and if they know of the time it will arrive; Just to know if it will in fact arrive for my birthday.
At the end of the question, I put another question that is irrelevant to the times and stuff but is about the box itself.
I start that question "P.S. It doesn't really matter, but..."

They then proceed to answer the "P.S. It doesn't really matter" question as if it were the main question; nonsensically; in a way that tells me they really haven't understood even that question. They ignore all previous questions, questions before that, including the fact that it's missed its date of arrival. Also, that reply came a week later, after the pack had already got to me.

In short, they (the support systems) proved themselves once again, absolutely useless.

And I mean, I wouldn't even be slightly annoyed if it had made sense. If they gave me a completely sound "Sorry about that, we've sent it off on-time but it may be the fault of the mail companies (etc) used", I would've said to myself, "Oh, no worries, it's already here."

No, they completely ignored all questions, except for a pointless one at the end which was purely to satisfy my own curiosity, and was noted as such. Additionally I couldn't even make sense of the answer they gave me for that, and the lateness of the reply made the nonsensical, pointless reply even more pointless.

All around fail moment for their support; I hear they have a few of those.

0 0
Score : 3952

Ok, I finally actually read some of this. I can attest to the post above, partially. It has been a long time since I've even bothered with support but the time I did I typically got an automated response saying that I would hear from customer support soon. Only once did I actually hear back from them and the response was mostly rhetorical gibberish that not only had no pertinence to the subject of my inquiry but didn't really make much sense at all.

The issue of finding the send a ticket button is unacceptable as well. Saying making it was easier to find would make it subject to abuse is bullshit. They have a group of people who are paid to sort through that stuff and weed out the irrelevant material. If they don't have enough for that then they need to hire more. Ankama is a company with customers in every corner of the planet and it is well beyond time for people to stop defending their shortcomings.

There is no valid reason for people to run into dead end links or have to search at all in order to find a way to actually contact support. There truly are dead ends on that site. There was a link labeled "I would like to report a bug" that just takes you to a blank section of the FAQ. Absolutely unacceptable.

The simple fact is people have been unsatisfied with Ankama's support system for YEARS. That is a flaw that must be dealt with. Setting up labyrinthine websites to keep people from bothering them is a complete failure of customer service. A quality product can only hold up a broken infrastructure for so long before things start to collapse. As the company continues to expand they are going to have to figure out a way to handle things better or it will lead to large scale failure for the company.

1 0
Score : 74

My own personal problem with Ankama is their delayed response as well. I took a hiatus from Dofus some months back only to find out, once I attempted to return, that the account passwords had been reset. Me being too involved in other things didn't really focus too much on it and let it go. Now, just recently, I had to set up a new account and fish through the support site for what seemed to be the closest to my issue. I've now been waiting about a week for a response. While I'm patient, I would've liked to get back onto my old accounts... it really sucks to have to start from scratch especially when I'd been playing the game on one of the accounts since Beta. Truthfully, if there's no way I can get those accounts back then I'll just have to wash my hands of Dofus and be done with it.

As to the hacking... I can't say I've been in your shoes because I've never been hacked, though I can imagine how frustrating it must be; so no comments there.

When it comes to their support system, I'd have to agree that it seems to be lacking but, what do I know when I'm only waiting a few days? I'm not much for MMOs, Dofus is the only one I play so I can't make any comparisons. However, I have played social games such as GaiaOnline and PS Home where support is much swifter even if it's not the response you would've liked.

What I'd like to see is quick response, maybe some live chat with and agent that which is a dream I won't bank on... a support site that is more deliberate and less of what seems to be a cluster of different topics and miscellaneous things that may dishearten someone from making a full attempt at even trying to contact and just blowing off whatever issue they've had.

I agree with both sides, to a degree but know this... Ankama is making plenty, plenty, PLENTY of money off of the subscribers they have. This isn't to say a non-subscriber is any less valuable (even if they just might be) but that for every, one person that has had enough and quits... I'm sure five more people are subscribing or extending their subscriptions. If another week goes by and I don't get a response about my accounts then it is what it is... the game didn't care enough for me so I don't care enough for the game.

0 0
Score : 915
Schmendrick|2012-01-03 23:55:23
The problem with your story is that it's just that - a story. Anyone can say "my friend had the Shield turned on and still had all his stuff stolen", but that's all but impossible.

Even if someone broke into Ankama's computers and stole all their information, there's no way that information would include your friend's e-mail password.

And since that piece of information is absolutely required in order to authorize a new computer or IP address, that means there's only three ways your story can be true:

(1) This mysterious hacker had access to your friend's computer and got his Ankama password and e-mail password from there.
(2) This mysterious hacker had access to Ankama's computer, but your friend gave his Ankama account and the corresponding e-mail account the same password.
(3) This mysterious hacker has access to Ankama's computer as well as to the computers of every single e-mail company in the entire world.

Option 3 is impossible, and options 1 and 2 are security breakdowns on your friend's end.

That means the only thing you could possibly need to report is "I screwed up!"

I understand where you come from, and in fact the first thing I thought when I got hacked was that I obviously had a keylogger. After several 6 hour long antivirus scans, and a bit of common sense due to the fact that several people got hacked around the same time with similar IP areas, as well as other factors that I have explained before, the three ways of my 'story' that you have proclaimed was false. Ankama's database got hacked, whether the shield is a cover up of that or not, I still got hacked, and there is no one to blame but ankama for these numerous happenings. Like I have said before, if I had been keylogged, or my friends had been keylogged, ALL their accounts would have been hacked.
Schmendrick|2012-01-04 01:22:12
If you don't want to focus on being hacked as an example, then you shouldn't have used it as your only example.

I used being hacked because this is the most common of the things that people need support on, whether they give items back or not is a totally different story, and I don't even care about my items being returned at this point because I knew as soon as I logged on with my character naked, it was gone for good. The thing is that I wanted to report that the incident had even happened, report the IP address and maybe see that IP address get banned, which to be honest won't happen because support here is crap.

I'm sorry if I have sound like I am winging about it, but my point is that the support system here is really...lame. Other incidents such as losing passwords, subscription problems, transactions and overbilling, installation problems that do not have help on the FAQ and you desperately need help in order to play, you can't get help for, these are all examples I could have included. Its all good to make a FAQ, but when there is nothing on the FAQ that you need help on, what are we to do? Sit on our asses for around five hours to wait on a chatbox for a moderator to come on? To whom you find is too busy to help you or simply cannot be bothered? Why should we waste our time trying to find ways to enjoy a game that we have to pay for, when 1. We cannot play it, and 2. The support system is as good as a pile of dung?

What I'm trying to emphasize in this post, is not the fact I got hacked. Although I did get hacked and I'm extremely bitter about it, I could care less about it right now. I've found a better game. But my friends still play this, my family still plays this, I still want to come back one day in the future, but the thing that annoys me is if there is another issue such as this, no one can get support or help or any kind of feedback, as well as the fact that as a customer I feel I have been denied the right to contact staff for help, or to even give my feedback that their support system is a useless pile of crap.

I like dofus, I like dofus very much. But there are things that make this game unplayable, and a huge, HUGE factor is the support system. Like Priz rightly said, it is absolutely unacceptable that we as their customers, who pay their daily wages, be sent on a wild goose chase around a string of badly written webpages in attempt to try to find out what is wrong with our account/game/computer/credit card, and then finally see a page that may have the answer, to have the most useless comment put on there. If they don't want to be abused by a contact us ticket system, then they shouldn't have made a company in the first place. It is expected by all companies for customers to be able to contact support easily, and to send feedback as well.

And yes, ankama is probably making a lot of money right now from new subscribers, but there will be a point where the people who have quit the game tell their friends, "No, don't play this game, its not worth it. Spend that 3 month subscription on a pizza or an Xbox game, their support is bullshit" or something to that effect. Ankama do not realise that the loyalty of customers is extremely important, and that word of mouth spreads easily. It takes one bad review from a well liked player to spread the bad word about the game, and as dofus gets older and older, and more people start to realise that this game indeed, is getting less and less what they want a game to be like, they will invest their subscription money in a different mmorpg or console game.

Not saying it's support only that will drive customers away, although the majority of the more loyal/old players of dofus have in fact been put off by that aspect. Before support comes the quality of the game, and thats a completely different topic which I don't really want to go into. But from past experience, at least 20 friends from dofus have quit the game, all of which had around 3 alternate characters to 8 for their team for the reason that the support sucks alone. So many people quit dofus every day for different reasons, and one of the biggest reasons apart from game nerfing is support issues and lack of it.
0 0
Score : 7872

Ankama is a French company. French companies in general don't care much for support sections, they view it as more of a luxury than a necessity. I don't predict it improving much anytime soon.

0 0
Score : 4480
Flashtrex|2012-01-14 07:43:13
Whats the worst is that all this dumb security stuff is now conflicting with many people's operating systems and not allowing the dofus application to function.
proof please. i'd like to know how something that is not installed on a computer can "conflict" with an operating system. the software is run directly within a game client or by coding within a browser, which gives no room to conflict with an operating system.
0 0
Score : 349

I agree in many parts in what the original poster is saying, especially with regards to the Support System. In France, perhaps Customer Support is a luxury but it's a game that expands well beyond its borders which demands attention and care beyond its own conflated enterprise. If Ankama is serious about business on a Global scale, they need to be able to accommodate to meeting the expectations of players around the world to the best of their ability.

"

Ankama is a French company. French companies in general don't care much for support sections, they view it as more of a luxury than a necessity."

Is not a valid excuse for shoddy support. I understand there are multi-factorial problems which the support cannot tend to, especially at every whine or cry but I hardly see that being a justifiable reason for making their support inaccessible to unique issues and treating those unique problems with disdain. A FAQ is not a bad idea and while they may have issues, it's better to also update the FAQ to unique problems so that users who may happen to encounter similar problems can access it and see what to do next. They don't even do that.

Anyway, it seems to me like the company has some pretty mediocre support practices. If they have money to spend for conventions, they should have money to spend on expanding the support system on here as well. Moreover, the company should be fully responsible for its own delinquency or faulty security system-- not the players.
0 0
Respond to this thread