FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sacrier sugestions

By AngryBeardIvI - SUBSCRIBER - April 15, 2012, 22:55:27
DevTracker

Mmm ok, lets put this discussion to the test and prove to some people I can be civilised. I will give this a go and see how these new reps digest and discuse these ideas.

Everybody knows I think that some sacrier spells need improvement. I won't go into the math gobbledeeegook you mnost proberly have read me ranting about it someplace at some point in these forums. Any points bold like this are sugested made to modify the spells mechanic in this thread. I mark these points to debate on what ones you like /agree/ disagree with

Assalt

My sugestion is this. 2ap at all levels to cast. 1/40 crit rate +3 dmg on the crit. Can only be triggered 2 times a turn (a turn being one rotation of everybodies go)

level 1: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 3 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 5 (sacrier being the centre of the blast radius)
level 2: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 6 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 5
level 3: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 9 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 5
level 4: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 9 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 4
level 5: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 12 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 4
level 6: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 3 cell radius take 12 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 3

Pro's: A climing low damage area of effect that is triggerd every time the sacrier is hit for its duration.
Con's: In pvp or if switched while using sacrifice if could hurt the sacrier considerably through area effect damage / stacked up to the amount of sacrificed players caught in the blast. eg: at level 6 if the aoe hit hit 2 sacrificed players in the sacriers aoe, it would do x 2 12 damage at the sacriers agility to the sac.

1. When cast anyone caught in the a.o.e (2 cell with sac in the middle) of assalt would enter assalt state. Allies and enemies alike.
2. When the sacrier is hit anyone in the assalt state takes the assalts damage.
3. Assalt state lasts 2 full rounds
4. if a person is sacrificed and under the assalt state, the sacrier would take the assalt damage and switch possition with them.

Other proposed change in conjunction with the above

only the player making the attack on the sacrier takes the damage not all effected. Ill list a few examples to hopefully leave us on the same page:
you have assaulted enemies 1 2 and 3, and you have assaulted and sacrificed ally 1..

1. enemy 1 swings his/her cheeken axe 2x directly at the sacrier stacking his poisoned like effect 8 times... at the end of his own turn the damage triggers on himself only.
  2. enemy 2 fires 2 explosive arrows hitting the sacrier and ally 1 effectively hitting the sacrier 2 times per cast for 4 stacks.. at the endo f his turn this enemy only takes the 4 stacks of damage.
  3. ally 1 wants to move into a better position so he throws coins at himself to trigger the sacrificed swap so he gets 1 stack of this poison and then at the end of his turn he recieves the poisoned damage (still in debate whether sacrifice should take the damage or should bypass the sacrifice and damage the player like a traditional poison)

Sacriers foot

My sugestion is this. 4ap at all levels to cast. Have it as a 1 cell area of effect like dissolution. 1/35 crit rate. 2 casts a turn restriction.

level 1: One cell area of effect. Minus 10 dodge to those hit. 10-14 earth damage. 14-18 earth damage on the crit.
level 2: One cell area of effect. Minus 10 dodge to those hit. 12-16 earth damage. 16-20 earth damage on the crit.
level 3: One cell area of effect. Minus 12 dodge to those hit. 14-18 earth damage. 18-22 earth damage on the crit.
level 4: One cell area of effect. Minus 12 dodge to those hit. 22-26 earth damage. 26-30 earth damage on the crit.
level 5: One cell area of effect. Minus 12 dodge to those hit. 26-30 earth damage. 30-34 earth damage on the crit.
level 6: One cell area of effect. Minus 15 dodge to those hit. 30-34 earth damage. 34-40 earth damage on the crit.

Close quarter area of effect tanking spell.

Add a 5-7% erosion effect instead of the dodge malus.

Flying sword

Justification for this sugestion is; The flying sword compaired to a chafer /chafa lancer isn't very good. A chafer for example at level 6 at 200 has 825hp, 40% res. While a lancer has 45% res and 1560hp.

Looking at the sword with its negitive ressistance in 2 elements and lower ressistance than the chafi's in the other three. for the same ap cost of the chafi. It isnt very good. Plus at level 6 flying sword is summoned with 560 hp. Mmmm not a very good summon.

My sugestion: Lower its ap cost to 2 at all levels. Lower its cool down by one at level 6. Leave everything else the same.

Three sugestions, I deliberately left out vitality punishment. For me I find vitality punishment is a tricky one to get right. Sugestions have been made to make it a % of the sacriers hp for x rounds. My concern would be weakened state really does shut down the sacriers main damage out put (weapon).

Discuss.
0 0
First Ankama intervention

Guys, I'm not going to drag this thread off topic. As I said, no matter what your opinion of the class changes that happened in the past year, it's clear that adding new classes doesn't stop the devs from making changes to existing classes.

That's all I'm saying on the matter at this time. It's far, far too early to discuss any other upcoming changes right now.

See message in context
Reactions 340
Score : 118

I like sacrier's foot.

0 0
Score : 27370

It seems like you have simply changed these to make them better in PvP. I don't use any of these in PvM very much because they are for the most part useless, and your suggestions seem to balance them for PvP but I don't see any bones for the PvM players. A lot of the frigost dungeons stack +100 dodge and Lock on the enemies so +10 would't really do very much. I will finish my thought later.

0 0
Score : 2823

For the sake of comparison, I'll just leave the links to the current versions of Assault and Sacrier's Foot here.

By far my favorite part of these suggestions is having Sacrier's Foot lower Dodge instead of stealing Agility, since you can steal more to lock a person properly without overpowering the stat steal. Although I do have a couple questions about how you would propose the new spells would work.

1. Since you have concerns about the Sacrier being the victim of his own attack with Assault, I can only assume that allies would also be damaged by this spell. Is this correct?
2. Something that catches my eye is the disproportionate increase in damage going from level 3 to level 4 with Sacrier's Foot. If you kept a linear progression of +4 base damage at each level, there would be no discrepancy. What was your reasoning for changing the front end while keeping the tail end the same?
3. If a Sacrier had Assault and Sacrifice up at the same time, and the Sacrier and a Sacrifice'd ally were both hit by an AoE attack, would the center of the radius be at the Sacrier's original position, the new one, or both?
4. What do you have to say about possible tactical decisions to use self-damaging moves like a Iop's Mutilation to set off Assault as an offensive measure?

And while I have seen some of your ramblings, I didn't hang around Sacrier threads too often, so I'm really interested to see this math gobbeldygook of yours. If you feel it would take up too much space here, feel free to send it via Ankabox.

0 0

Maybe you could change them to add 5% Permanent damage taken, 7% on a crit, low range aoe, and stack it twice a turn instead of low air damage or taking away dodge. This is something both PvP and PvM players would find useful, I know I would.

0 0
Score : 564

Flying sword is a very powerful move in it's own way. I've never met a sac who doesn't use it.

0 0
flowersatemycat|2012-04-16 00:23:01
Flying sword is a very powerful move in it's own way. I've never met a sac who doesn't use it.
My sac has it at level and and I never ever use it.
0 0
Score : 3056
Private-Prinny|2012-04-15 23:31:28
For the sake of comparison, I'll just leave the links to the current versions of Assault and Sacrier's Foot here.

By far my favorite part of these suggestions is having Sacrier's Foot lower Dodge instead of stealing Agility, since you can steal more to lock a person properly without overpowering the stat steal. Although I do have a couple questions about how you would propose the new spells would work.

1. Since you have concerns about the Sacrier being the victim of his own attack with Assault, I can only assume that allies would also be damaged by this spell. Is this correct?
2. Something that catches my eye is the disproportionate increase in damage going from level 3 to level 4 with Sacrier's Foot. If you kept a linear progression of +4 base damage at each level, there would be no discrepancy. What was your reasoning for changing the front end while keeping the tail end the same?
3. If a Sacrier had Assault and Sacrifice up at the same time, and the Sacrier and a Sacrifice'd ally were both hit by an AoE attack, would the center of the radius be at the Sacrier's original position, the new one, or both?
4. What do you have to say about possible tactical decisions to use self-damaging moves like a Iop's Mutilation to set off Assault as an offensive measure?

And while I have seen some of your ramblings, I didn't hang around Sacrier threads too often, so I'm really interested to see this math gobbeldygook of yours. If you feel it would take up too much space here, feel free to send it via Ankabox.
@ questions 1 . I will show you visualy. The panda attacks the sacrier, The damage taken to the sacrier triggers assalts effect. Doing its area of effect damage to both the osa and panda. Allies and enemys alike both take damage if caught in the area of effect.

If in this picture example the osa was sacrificed. When the panda hits the sac, The damage the sacrier takes triggers assalt. Assalt does damage to the panda and osa (damage on osa going to the sacrier because of sacrifice). After damage is delt the sacrier would switch places with the osa. If multiple people are caught in this area of effect while sacrificed it could do a lot of self harm to the sacrier. This can both be played as an advantage and disadvantage. From both allies and enemys alike.

@ question 3 The first triggered damage of the assalt would do damage from the sacriers position. The second assalt would be done from the osas possition as the sac was hit twice in aoe. However the second assalt damage would hit the osas again leaving the sacrier. Doing damage from the sacriers possition then switching with the osa.

@ question 4. Yes it would be a nice tactical trick to use mutilation /sacrifice / assalt. Hence why as a spell it is low damage, this means even when fully buffed an agl sacrier will average about 250-300 damage from each hit that assalt dishes out. But remember, the more you hit the sacrier, the more hp he looses, the more hits he takes, the more erosion damage he takes from his stat punishment and the blow trigging the effect.

@ question 2. The increase in damage on the sacs foot was done for this reason. When a sacrier buffs because the statistic punishments increase %stat spells that do 25+ damage benifit from the buffs the most (below 25 benifits more from +damage more). Something the sacrier dosn't realy have at the moment. Except on peak crit rolls on absorbtion and dissolution. This minimal peak damage on these spells as they are utility steal spells. But in regards to the damage proposed here for sacs foot it is so a sacrier can maintain a nice mid to high stable damage while using the spell for its dodge utility. It would be the only spell to date that benifits most from the stat punishment. Because as a sacriers damage spells are at the moment we benifit most from +damage not +state. because of the low base damage of the spells being below 25.

Combos. Scas foot and dissolution and assalt. Lock, steal, assalt triggerd damage would make a sac fun Area of effect tank. This would encourage more spell usage than weapon spam as the area of effect damage stacked may bring the spells up to par eg:

12ap end game sac (the extream combos)

Sacs foot x2 (4ap x 2), assalt (2ap), weapon skill (2ap)
Sacs foot x2 (4ap x 2), Dissolution (4ap).
Sacs foot (4ap), dissolution x2 (4ap x 2)
and other variations including absorbtion (4ap) ect.

@Revel-numor: I think this will work in pvm as well as pvp. Mask lock bonus or dodge malus ect, not to mention using swap to set enemies up for aoe damage and othe combos of team play (feca mp glyffs, cras lashing ect). Admittedly the dodge malus is not high, but that is because of the damage the spell has. In low level pvm it would help the 30-130 levels very much in the pvm grind. Later on in the 170-200's, not so much in pvm, but better in pvp. But its damage and area of effect would still make it useful in end game pvm for the above reasons.

flowersatemycat|2012-04-16 00:23:01

At end game the chafer is a better option for four reasons.

1. Its res is much higher so it survives longer than the sword. Most characters or monsters have to designate at least 4-8 ap to kill a chafer.
2. Because of the chafers higher hp it is a better blood pool for stealing and healing using bloodthisty madness.
3. The chafer can self buff the sacrier by hitting him.
4. The chafa does more damage than the flying sword (flying sword does have a steal attack. But with a max of 560 hp, most people kill it in 4ap)

This is the reason why I sugested the ap cost should be lowered and the cool down lowered to 3 at level 6. Small hp expendable summon. Its a simple idea while keeping the summon tapered for balance. Plus it would make end game sacriers consider casting it over a chafa /possible chafer lancer (1560hp)
0 0

What about on things like the Serpula where aoe spells cause them to trigger Rholl Back, would this active on those?

I cannot speak to the PvP aspect of things because I am woefully ignorant of that aspect of dofus, but for end-game PvM I think I disagree with the proposed change I do not think +10 dodge or a low leveled aoe poison damage is enough to encourage me to use those spells and not be a cc monkey on my Sacrier.

I think that 5 to 7% premanent damage would be more effective while keeping a practical application for everyone using the spells in PvP or PvM at a low or a high level. Just my thoughts anyway.

0 0
Revil-Nunor|2012-04-16 00:35:33
What about on things like the Serpula where aoe spells cause them to trigger Rholl Back, would this active on those?

I cannot speak to the PvP aspect of things because I am woefully ignorant of that aspect of dofus, but for end-game PvM I think I disagree with the proposed change I do not think +10 dodge or a low leveled aoe poison damage is enough to encourage me to use those spells and not be a cc monkey on my Sacrier.

I think that 5 to 7% premanent damage would be more effective while keeping a practical application for everyone using the spells in PvP or PvM at a low or a high level. Just my thoughts anyway.
@bolded part. Yes it would, but in that situation you wouldn't use it. Very situation and dungeon specific.

That is an interesting thought about the sacriers foot doing an area effect % erosion on enemys caught in the blast instead of the dodge malus. Am i right in thinking you are sugesting the sacriers foot would do x erosion area of effect 1 cell as well as the damage? If so, I think that is quite a good idea. But dont you think 15-19% erosion a.o.e (2x sacs foot 5-7% erosion and the natural 10% we all have) May be a little bit too nasty rolling into a punishment?
0 0
Score : 564

Why sword is better than chafer:

1: It attacks enemies
2: it steals/heals
3: it is predictable (can be used for a specific location swap instead of random)

Now the extremely obvious fact of this is that if you don't want these three things, and you would rather an unpredictable monster with more hp and resist, you can use chafer. No point in having two spells that do the exact same thing.

0 0
AngryBeardIvI|2012-04-16 00:45:50

@bolded part. Yes it would, but in that situation you wouldn't use it. Very situation and dungeon specific.

That is an interesting thought about the sacriers foot doing an area effect % erosion on enemys caught in the blast instead of the dodge malus. Am i right in thinking you are sugesting the sacriers foot would do x erosion area of effect 1 cell as well as the damage? If so, I think that is quite a good idea. But dont you think 15-19% erosion a.o.e (2x sacs foot 5-7% erosion and the natural 10% we all have) May be a little bit too nasty rolling into a punishment?
Well, you could always make it just apply the 5 to 7% on the person who you cast the attack on if you feel it is too high, but Ecas can stack 40 or 50% permanent damage a turn and Srams can stack something like 30 or 35%, I am not 100% on how much a rogue can stack but I know Blunderbuss is at least 10 or 15% twice a turn, so 15 to 19% seems entirely reasonable and you can only punish one person.

flowersatemycat|2012-04-16 00:48:16

3: it is predictable (can be used for a specific location swap instead of random)

Now the extremely obvious fact of this is that if you don't want these three things, and you would rather an unpredictable monster with more hp and resist, you can use chafer. No point in having two spells that do the exact same thing.
But also:
Garbage Hp
Bad resistances
Negligable damage
0 0

Don't get me wrong sword is good if you can sacrifice it. But if sacrificed its steal is a bit mute, Its damage is rather low. Mine does about 140-170 damage. This isn't much at the end game. Mid game its not that high eather. Hence the sugestion of lowing its ap cost to 2. For its low hp and weakness's in its ressistance's, most things kill it in one blow.

Also if you do sacrifice the sword to keep it alive, it may corse problems. Double damage if the sacrier and the sword are both caught in an a.o.e attack ect. If not sacrificed the sword dosen't last too long.

Don't get me wrong sword has its uses, but for 4ap, compair it to a 3ap panda waster with 1k+vit and negitive 20 dodgeand weakness state and 30% res. That hp steal does not look that good in my opinion.

This is why I sugestied the tweak to only the ap cost to summon it and its Cool down to 3 at level 6. Desposable summon in end game 180+. Before end game at level 80+ its a pretty ok summon. But it gets gradualy worse the higher level you get.

My method of thinking here is to make it useful at all levels, not just in the lower tiers.

@revil' You make a valid point.
0 0
AngryBeardIvI|2012-04-16 01:03:25

Don't get me wrong sword is good if you can sacrifice it. But if sacrificed its steal is a bit mute, Its damage is rather low. Mine does about 140-170 damage. This isn't much at the end game. Mid game its not that high eather. Hence the sugestion of lowing its ap cost to 2. For its low hp and weakness's in its ressistance's, most things kill it in one blow.

Also if you do sacrifice the sword to keep it alive, it may corse problems. Double damage if the sacrier and the sword are both caught in an a.o.e attack ect. If not sacrificed the sword dosen't last too long.

Don't get me wrong sword has its uses, but for 4ap, compair it to a 3ap panda waster with 1k+vit and negitive 20 dodgeand weakness state and 30% res. That hp steal does not look that good in my opinion.

This is why I sugestied the tweak to only the ap cost to summon it and its Cool down to 3 at level 6. Desposable summon in end game 180+. Before end game at level 80+ its a pretty ok summon. But it gets gradualy worse the higher level you get.

My method of thinking here is to make it useful at all levels, not just in the lower tiers.
If you sac that summon against an intelligent osa in PvP. Good game. wink 
0 0
Score : 2823
Revil-Nunor|2012-04-16 00:58:03

Well, you could always make it just apply the 5 to 7% on the person who you cast the attack on if you feel it is too high, but Ecas can stack 40 or 50% permanent damage a turn and Srams can stack something like 30 or 35%, I am not 100% on how much a rogue can stack but I know Blunderbuss is at least 10 or 15% twice a turn, so 15 to 19% seems entirely reasonable and you can only punish one person.
Rogues have 25% Erosion per cast on Blunderbuss. I'm fairly sure that Erosion caps at 50%, anyway, but I could be wrong.
0 0

Yeah the erosion seams fair. You all make very good points on why. It would make the spell more useful than a dodge malus. I agree.

In the case of player erosion it is capped at 50%.

0 0
Private-Prinny|2012-04-16 01:05:49
Revil-Nunor|2012-04-16 00:58:03

Rogues have 25% Erosion per cast on Blunderbuss. I'm fairly sure that Erosion caps at 50%, anyway, but I could be wrong.
Yeah I think 50% is the cap. Per turn anyway.

Permanent Damage or erosion seems to be "In Vogue" with Ankama right now, so if you want to modify spells, it seems fair to share the Erosion Damage around since only 3 or 4 classes currently enjoy it.
0 0
Score : 65
AngryBeardIvI|2012-04-15 22:55:27

Assalt

My sugestion is this. 2ap at all levels to cast. 1/40 crit rate +3 dmg on the crit. Can only be triggered 2 times a turn

level 1: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 3 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 5 (sacrier being the centre of the blast radius)
level 2: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 6 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 5
level 3: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 9 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 5
level 4: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 9 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 4
level 5: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 2 cell radius take 12 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 4
level 6: When the sacrier takes damage, anyone in a 3 cell radius take 12 air damage. Duration 2 rounds, cool down 3

Pro's: A climing low damage area of effect that is triggerd every time the sacrier is hit for its duration.
Con's: In pvp or if switched while using sacrifice if could hurt the sacrier considerably through area effect damage / stacked up to the amount of sacrificed players caught in the blast. eg: at level 6 if the aoe hit hit 2 sacrificed players in the sacriers aoe, it would do x 2 12 damage at the sacriers agility to the sac.

Discuss.
I think i understand most of your points but the complications i have with it is that it isnt a very noob user friendly spell as how a very complex mechanism it is... my suggestion is instead of having an actively moving aoe as the sacrier moves about the field.. have it be like a reverse version of sacrifice.. where the area you cast it all those players (enemy and ally alike) are hit with a similar poison/reflect and stackable effect.. remove the quantity of triggers per turn for this as well..

poisoned player takes spell lvl dmg per attack delt to you that is unleashed at the end of their turn.. so a str/int character swings a cheeken axe at you to trigger for 4 times and your spell dmg is at lvl 6 for the 12 specified... the 1 swing triggers 4 x 12 when their turn ends and there is no aoe about it just hits themselves.

I would even suggest renaming this version of the spell to ripost as it has become more of a counter attack.
0 0
SupersonikElectronik|2012-04-16 02:24:34
I think i understand most of your points but the complications i have with it is that it isnt a very noob user friendly spell as how a very complex mechanism it is... my suggestion is instead of having an actively moving aoe as the sacrier moves about the field.. have it be like a reverse version of sacrifice.. where the area you cast it all those players (enemy and ally alike) are hit with a similar poison/reflect and stackable effect.. remove the quantity of triggers per turn for this as well..

poisoned player takes spell lvl dmg per attack delt to you that is unleashed at the end of their turn.. so a str/int character swings a cheeken axe at you to trigger for 4 times and your spell dmg is at lvl 6 for the 12 specified... the 1 swing triggers 4 x 12 when their turn ends and there is no aoe about it just hits themselves.

This is a much better mechanic than I was sugesting. So am I right in thinking this is what you propose?

1. When cast anyone caught in the a.o.e (2 cell with sac in the middle) of assalt would enter assalt state. Allies and enemies alike.
2. When the sacrier is hit anyone in the assalt state takes the assalts damage.
3. Assalt state lasts 2 full rounds
4. if a person is sacrificed and under the assalt state, the sacrier would take the assalt damage and switch possition with them.

Did I get it right?
0 0

I think Riposte is the new name for the old counter spell, monsters use it.

0 0
Respond to this thread