FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums
Score : 27220

Dofus Market

By Revil-Nunor April 23, 2012, 01:48:14
Been suggested time and time again I am sure, but it's a valid idea so lets bring it back to Ankama's attention. They have markets for everything else but the dofus.
Reactions 51
Score : 1668
I totally suggested this in guild chat
igotleeched|2012-04-23 01:49:29
I totally suggested this in guild chat
wink 
Score : 30089
Are you willing to take the risk of putting a tax of 1mk+ when your dofus never get sold after 2 weeks?

Turq dofus 15mk with a tax of 1mk? Which nobody would buy...

The good thing is that people will now put high priced dofus at lowered price so that they actually get sold.
Example: Turq dofus 11 crit for 1mk. tongue
Gunnerwolfang|2012-04-23 01:55:41
Are you willing to take the risk of putting a tax of 1mk+ when your dofus never get sold after 2 weeks?

The good thing is that people will now put high priced dofus at lowered price so that they actually get sold.
Yes I will take a 1mk penalty for it not selling because dofuses usually sell really fast as long as you are not price gouging. I rarely have a Turq or Crimson on sale longer than 48 hours. I am tired of having to remember to use merchant mode tho, an actual dofus market would make life so much easier.
Score : 1668
Again I say, if you don't want to use the update, don't. It won't hurt you not to anymore than it hurts you not to use the current markets, maybe less. People who dont want to pay the tax can still sell the items like they do now. The trade channel is still active. I can't see this be a server-ending exploitable update. There are markets for all other equips so why not dofus. Don't you pay a tax in merchant mode as well?
igotleeched|2012-04-23 02:12:03
Again I say, if you don't want to use the update, don't. It won't hurt you not to anymore than it hurts you not to use the current markets, maybe less. People who dont want to pay the tax can still sell the items like they do now. The trade channel is still active. I can't see this be a server-ending exploitable update. There are markets for all other equips so why not dofus. Don't you pay a tax in merchant mode as well?
Yes you pay a percentage of how much you are selling.
Exactly... What is the point of wasting the dev't team's time if there is already a way to sell dofus (merchant and trade channel).

And like I said... a dofus market could be good, since prices are bound to drop due to price undercutting... but everytime you undercut price, you are bound to lose millions in wasted taxes.... Making merchant and trade selling more viable....

There are markets for all other equips, but none as expensive as 50-100mk+ dofuses.
Gunnerwolfang|2012-04-23 02:45:11
Exactly... What is the point of wasting the dev't team's time if there is already a way to sell dofus (merchant and trade channel).

And like I said... a dofus market could be good, since prices are bound to drop due to price undercutting... but everytime you undercut price, you are bound to lose millions in wasted taxes.... Making merchant and trade selling more viable....

There are markets for all other equips, but none as expensive as 50-100mk+ dofuses.
Wrong, you can purchase ap maged gear for 80 to 100mk on the markets on Solar at least.
Score : 2573
Gunnerwolfang|2012-04-23 01:55:41

Since when does a 15mk item have a 1mk tax?
Tax has increased to 2% I believe, but that still means 300kk of tax for a 15mk dofus.

The suggestion makes the markets for dofuses more competitive and easier to find. This may be the problem as they are suppose to be difficult to find, but I am not against this. This will save sellers the pain of spamming the chats all day. Problem with merchant mode is that there are fewer people checking your shops, and there is no guarantee that they can find your shop once they saved enough to buy it.

Edit: What's the point of having a market for any equips if there are already other ways to sell them? May as well scrap that.
Revil-Nunor|2012-04-23 02:38:10
Correct, but you only have to pay .01% tax compared to 2% tax on market.

If you sell a 100mk dofus in merchant you only pay 10kk x 14 days = 140kk
If you sell a 100mk dofus in market you pay 2mk
Gunnerwolfang|2012-04-23 02:55:49
Correct, but you only have to pay .01% tax compared to 20% tax on market.

If you sell a 100mk dofus in market you pay 20mk
2% tax not 20%
Revil-Nunor|2012-04-23 02:56:58

2% tax not 20%
edited above... still 140kk is better than 2mk.
Gunnerwolfang|2012-04-23 02:57:52

2% tax not 20%
But on Solar the good merch spots are usually taken, you have to resort to underhanded tactics like hogging a spot with an alt selling piwi feathers for 500kk, or you gotta merch out in the boonies. The markets are much more trafficked, personally I hate having to check 500 merchants to see if I can find a good deal.
Revil-Nunor|2012-04-23 03:00:08
But on Solar the good merch spots are usually taken, you have to resort to underhanded tactics like hogging a spot with an alt selling piwi feathers for 500kk, or you gotta merch out in the boonies. The markets are much more trafficked, personally I hate having to check 500 merchants to see if I can find a good deal.
True.. that is all part of the strategy.... but right now, the 2 amakna merchant square are usually not full (there are less than 10 on the 2nd merchant square 2 map above the iop temple)... and even if they were, there are a few maps around them that are not yet taken.
Score : 2573

2% tax not 20%

You are assuming that the person doesn't log on more than once a day and doesn't play at all. You pay a small fee each time you log off (or if you choose not to switch to merchant mode, it won't cover the entire day like putting it in the market would).

There are also other benefits of putting something in the market. It is easier to find, and always in the same place, you don't have to fight for a spot on the most popular maps... without these benefits there wouldn't be any need for markets at all. The debate here is why dofuses should be excluded.
Gunnerwolfang|2012-04-23 03:03:11
Revil-Nunor|2012-04-23 03:00:08
True.. that is all part of the strategy.... but right now, the 2 amakna merchant square are usually not full (there are less than 10 on the 2nd merchant 2 square above the iop temple)... and even if they were, there are a few maps around them that are not yet taken.
I see on the Mod thread that they kick people for engaging in that practice, it may not be illegal, but it sure is unethical. If I see people doing that, I am much less likely to go out of my way to help you. A dofus market would make things much simpler and eliminate the unethical drama that surrounds the merchandising practices.

@sniper we want to include them not exclude them.
SniperViper|2012-04-23 03:06:57

2% tax not 20%

You are assuming that the person doesn't log on more than once a day and doesn't play at all. You pay a small fee each time you log off (or if you choose not to switch to merchant mode, it won't cover the entire day like putting it in the market would).

There are also other benefits of putting something in the market. It is easier to find, and always in the same place, you don't have to fight for a spot on the most popular maps... without these benefits there wouldn't be any need for markets at all. The debate here is why dofuses should be excluded.
You are assuming that a person who plays cannot use the trade chat to sell.

My argument is that merchant and trade chat is way better than a 2% tax on items that do not usually get sold for months of a time.... When was the last time you ever sold a 100mk item? Can you consistently sell such an expensively priced commodities? If we are talking about the cheap cawwots and kaliptus dofus then my argument is irrelevant... but rare dofuses are just too expensive and too risky to sell on a 2 week 2% tax market.
Well Gunner I sold an ap maged Head Band earlier this week for 85mk, and like I said before I almost always sell any dofuses I am trying to sell within 48 hours, and I do it by keeping my prices reasonable and the result being that I have a reputation on Solar for having good prices and I get a lot of my business now from people who buy from me telling other people about my good service and competitive pricing. I do not ever use merchant mode, I shudder to think of the horror of trying to keep one of those organized, and if I remember correctly if you are not a higher level PvPer, the size of your merchant is rather limited.

I think merchant mode needs to just be removed and people should simply use the markets.
Revil-Nunor|2012-04-23 03:20:37
Well Gunner I sold an ap maged Head Band earlier this week for 85mk, and like I said before I almost always sell any dofuses I am trying to sell within 48 hours, and I do it by keeping my prices reasonable and the result being that I have a reputation on Solar for having good prices and I get a lot of my business now from people who buy from me telling other people about my good service and competitive pricing. I do not ever use merchant mode, I shudder to think of the horror of trying to keep one of those organized, and if I remember correctly if you are not a higher level PvPer, the size of your merchant is rather limited.
See, you sell dofuses without paying the 2% tax. Can you imagine the kama drains that a dofus market do to the in-game economy? Billions of kamas will be lost due to price undercutting and unsold items...

If you can sell expensive dofus without resorting to 2%market tax, then it would be better for you in the long run.
Respond to this thread