FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Enutrof spell changes

By talith May 01, 2012, 02:10:45

looks like i'll take the initiative on making suggestions for a class i rarely play, and not even one of a high level at that.

Enutrof changes

Living Chest: Remove 1 per team limit of summon. Set base prospecting to 0, remove summon from team prospecting pool. Chest now rolls for drops separate from, and after (but before percs), the entire team, using owner's prospecting, and prospecting buffs.

Example: 6 players, 4 enus. All 4 cast living chest. Enu 1's chest has PP of 403, enu 2's has 250, enu 3's has 600, and enu 4's has 150.

//comments: changing the summon in this way works two-fold. Its a massive nerf to the ability for a chest to drop items itself (by the removal from team roster for drops), which further lessens the economical impact of the summon's ability, and a buff to having multiple enutrofs in a team, allowing the advantage of the chests' combat potential without the overshadowing of “drop-whoring” the class.

living shovel: modal AI. Using the “show cell” shortcut set's summon AI to move, and aim spells, in that direction. Summon will continue in that “mode” until reaching the vicinity of the cell (+/-2 cells) and then return to default AI. Hovering over summon's timeline card with highlight the current modal target, if any. Alternatively, having a living shovel out would “grant” the enutrof a 0 ap cost spell named “X marks the spot.” this spell would have infinite range, 1 cast/turn, no critical hit/failure chance. It would put out a cross-shaped glyph that has no effects other than “remove Lured state,” in addition to giving ANY living shovels that enutrof currently owns the Lured state. The state would compel the summon to orient all of its actions to have a net result of moving towards the glyph, and would disappear upon successful removal of the state.

Example: (map depiction) XXXXSXXEXXXXXTXPXXXX if player (P) sets the target at (T), then summon (S) will push enemies of choice (E) towards it, and spend mp moving in that direction. (map depiction) XXXEXXXXXXXTXPXXXX in this example, if the summon is “above” or “below” the enemy of choice, it will attempt to move to such a spot as to push the enemy towards the lure and continue that way itself.

//comments: a change such as this is long deserved for enutrofs who abhor this summon for its fickle nature. This change also skirts the boundaries of what the devs find unfair for summon controlling, but doesnt fully venture into 100% control as it only influences were the summon goes, not every action.

Shovel throwing: increase all damage by 3-3 at levels 1-5, 5-4 at level 6.

• optional change 1: decrease ap to 3 at all levels, casts per target 2
  • optional change 2: decrease ap to 3 at level 6, casts per target 2, malus of -(spell level) mp resistance (max accum 1)
//comments: the primary change to this spell is to help facilitate the attractiveness of a strength build, whether pure or hybrid. The 2 optional changes to the spell help even more. Option 2 makes the spell incredibly useful for strength/chance hybrid enutrofs as they could use shovel throwing followed by shovel of judgement, increasing the odds of successfully removing mp.

Mound: increase all damage damage by 2-2 at all levels, malus of 20% chance of -1 range (chance for full aoe infliction, not chance per target hit).

//comments: the damage increase and chance to give -1 range to everyone within the aoe complement reducing key's range reduction by providing supportive mass range loss.

Unsummoning: can now be cast on players. Player damage- 1: 9-15/24, 2: 9-18/27, 3: 9-21/30, 4: 9-24/33, 5: 15-33/36, 6: 21-39/39. all level critical hits inflict “puppet-less” state, duration 3 turns. State effect: -2 summons. Cooldown changed to 5/5/4/4/3/3 respectively.

Shovel kiss: damage increased by 2 at all levels.

//comments: none really, other than this makes the spell stronger to encourage the use of intel.

Shovel of judgment: increase damage by 3 at all levels.

//comments: increasing the damage for shovel of judgment is mostly self-explanatory.

Slaughtering shovel: reduce damage by 10-5 at all levels, ap cost reduced to 4 at all levels.

• Optional change: critical hit damage reduced by a further 0-5 damage. critical hit inflicts Dazed state 1 turn. State effect prohibits initiation of movement spells (jump, feline leap, flight, teleportation, cooperation?, transposition?)
//comments: this is a hard trade-off to gauge personally. In the end I leaned in favor of a slight reduction of damage for a reduced ap cost. While this does weaken the spell specifically, the reduced ap cost should have the broader benefit of making the chance build much stronger. (easier SS->SoJ->SoJ) I also think that this trade-off is much more preferable to a larger damage loss in exchange for 2 casts/target, and remaining at 5 ap, but that's just me, and can be debated by everyone else. (edited) the optional change is one that would help fix one of the biggest complaints i've seen from those that play enus; ecas, iops, and xelors can still maintain close combat attacks even with 0 mp.

Mass clumsiness: additional malus of “triggered effect: -(spell level) mp resistance 3 turns” for 3 turns. (maximum malus from spell is 18)

//comments: I honestly believe this is an obvious explanation, but in case it isnt; mass clumsiness is a wide area malus spell. Enutrofs may focus on mp theft for the most part, but removing their ap theft spell seems kinda self-defeatist for a “swiss army knife” class. Thus the addition of the mp resistance malus, which also makes sense for the spell.
0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 1966

I doubt chest will continue to provide porspecting in future updates or the additional loot spot. I suspect that (if chest isnt completely replaced with another spell) chest might get an AoE debuff like erosion or somthing added to its attack. As for your other ideas, i like your summon attracting spell a lure of some sort. It has been suggested for many classes however including the osamadas and the ecaflip. This spell would have to be worked exactly right to make it worth the spell points. Perhaps just adding in some different tactical interfaces for summons would be best such as an offensive mode( in the example of shovel to push enemies away whenever possible), a defensive mode( that lets the summon linger near the enutrof but push things away when they get too close) and perhaps just a regular mode. Otherwise i agree with your other spell changes regarding increasing damage output besides slaughtering shovel and unsummoning. I personally prefer to have a spell that actually directly hurts a summon instead of reducing the summons the caster has. As for slaughtering shovel: I don't mind your idea on the ap reduction and damage reduction but the idea of a gravity state applied could be extremely overpowered. It would allow 1/2 crit characters to perhaps gravity a single target many turns in a row.

0 0
Score : 15686

Most of these things seem like nice buffs that I personally would love as someone who has a 189 enu, but probably there are plenty of people who are going to complain that it will make enus too powerful in PvP.

As far as suggestions about things that should be adjusted I feel that the living shovel technique you proposed is way to complicated. It should just be a controllable summon much like the rogues boombot. I am torn as to whether the living shovel should be allowed to survive for multiple turns or whether it should die like the boombot. I am leaning towards the living shovel being allowed to survive multiple turns despite being player controlled simply because it is nowhere near as powerful as the boombot.

I agree that enus should be allowed to inflict a gravity state, much like cra's atonement arrow, but I think it would be too powerful if they could inflict it with on crit hit because it is way to easy to get 1/2.

0 0
Score : 2608

I would love the change to living chest, though I don't see them doing this. It wouldn't actually be that much different than the way it was before... with teams of 6 or so enu's.

Living shovel could also just be modified to always push away (or simply not push at all and be a locker).

Shovel throwing is pretty weak, having it at 3 ap would be nice.

Shovel kiss doesn't really need changing.

Mound could use an explosive AoE instead of a cross.

Perhaps unsummoning should be just changed into another spell (with the damage that you proposed)... it would make an agility build (more likely hybrid) more viable.

I rarely use Soj and would find it more helpful if it took a single mp on a non-crit rather than more damage.

Slaughtering shovel would be better with your change, but I don't see it necessary.

Mass clumsiness has a rather long cooldown for it to be too useful. I'd rather them reduce it than adding another effect.
I also have a concern with pandora's box being so random and prime of life being castable once per target (but if you are making unsummoning affective on players this might not be a problem.)

Edit:
@ Mishna: No one in their right minds would think enus are too powerful in pvp. Maybe if all of these changes were put into place.. maybe... but they still probably won't be the best. So far enus have been nerfed both in combat (unbewitchment) and in drops, and I still doubt they will bring the combat level back to what it was before.

0 0
Score : 4480

i dont know if it was obvious or not, but things being sub-bulleted with "OPTIONALblablabla" literally means that. its not a change that i feel certain enough to put into that spell, but something to be discussed at length. for the most part, anything tagged as optional i added as afterthoughts.

0 0

One change that I would definitely like to see is to Pandora's Box. If the target has less than 100% hp then it should always heal, but if the targets HP is full it should always buff crits. Optionally it could also be made to affect enemies by reducing their stats/crits/lock randomly, somewhat like Stain. This would make the spell much more dependable, and useful.

0 0
Score : 2608
Mishna|2012-05-01 03:34:09
One change that I would definitely like to see is to Pandora's Box. If the target has less than 100% hp then it should always heal, but if the targets HP is full it should always buff crits. Optionally it could also be made to affect enemies by reducing their stats/crits/lock randomly, somewhat like Stain. This would make the spell much more dependable, and useful.
Perhaps if the hp was under 50%... the healing of this spell isn't really that impressive, and one would almost always prefer the crits. Casting it on enemies to reduce their crits (by 5 or so) would be great.
0 0

Once I cast greed my Enu can often heal 150-200 hp with level 6 pandora's box. That is pretty good. But I do agree that a 50% switch over might make more sense.

0 0
Score : 27377

I disagree with the changing of slaughtering shovel, that is the bread and butter damage spell for an enutrof. And I would rather not have the chest changed again, other than that I like the changes tho.

I would also like to suggest adding -1 range or erosion damage to shovel throwing and mound on a crit. You can never have too much erosion. wink 

0 0
Respond to this thread