FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

My 8th Class Suggestion: Zombie Rockstar

By Gunnerwolfang - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - July 17, 2012, 17:13:21

Sacrier uses shout and blood sacrifice, but a new breed of disciples uses screaming songs and flesh sacrifice.

Sacriers Flesh: Macabre Rythmn
Zombie Rockstar (parody on Lord Raptor of Darkstalker saga)

Rockstar Mode

A long time ago Owzy, a very talented sacrier rose to fame. Utilizing his natural shouting ability as a sacrier, he was able to synchronize shouting into musical masterpieces. He was soon worshiped by thousand of adoring fans to the point where some of them considered him as a "Rock God"...

But Owzy hides a dark secret. He was seduced by the demon lord Rushu, who promise him immortality and a place in the pantheon. Rushu gave him a book (Necronomicon) which holds the secret to eternal life (or in this case... eternal death.... which is close enough to eternal life). Owzy studied the book and soon discovered a way to perform the ultimate curse which will grant him eternal death... The preparation was a long process, which he methodically performed in the form of "Albums". He releases 6 albums, with 6 tracks over an interval of 6 years each... There were rumors that some fans committed suicide after hearing his albums.

On his final concert, he performed the final curse passage, in a song entitled "Death Sacrifice". After performing the final cursed lyrics, a massive surge of stasis energy explosion suck dry the blood of 666 fans (although they died with the look of happiness in their faces). This stasis release turned Owzy into a dried up corpse. Officials decided to bury Owzy and all the fans in a mass burial ground thinking that they are all dead.

Soon after, Owzy and the 666 fans who died, was secretly unearthed by Rushu and placed them under his control using his power to control stasis creatures. Rushu keep them hidden, planning to use them in his future plans... But Owzy manage to break Rushu's control over him and escape his imprisonment along with his followers. He seek salvation in the hands of his rightful patron, the goddess Sacrier, who forgive them for obeying Rushu and take them back as her disciples.

Thus, the zombie rockstar class emerges.

Zombie Mode

Fighting Style:
Rockstar Skills: Utilizes "Bard" technique. Uses songs to cast enchantment or curse.
Zombie Skills: Undead abilities. Sacrifices his body to inflict damage, high survivability skills to tank.
Suicide Skills: This are the abilities of zombies that are equivalent to the sacriers "Punishments" buff. Zombies grow stronger the more they attempt to kill themselves.

SPELLS
Level 1: Zombie Rights removes his right arm to fight for him.
Level 1: Headbanger removes his head to auto-swap at start of next turn.
Level 1: Cannibalism: Takes a bite off his victim. Earth steal attack
Level 3: Harakiri: Earth buff suicide
Level 6: MoonWalker/Zombiewalk: Sacrifice his turn's MP to give it to himself next turn or to give it to an ally.
Level 9: Thriller: A dance song which transforms the performer into a master zombie.
Level 13: Chest Suction: Pulls the target towards the caster while stealing their breath. Air steal attack + Attraction
Level 17: Lethal Gas: Air buff suicide.
Level 21: The World is My Stage: Death teleportation.
Level 26: Regurgitate: Spit out stomach acid. Medium range water attack.
Level 31: Drown: Water buff suicide
Level 36: "Eyes On Me": A solemn song which makes those who listen to it cries, blurring their visions and the caster also steals their vision.
Level 42: Standing Ovation: Kills self to buff allies.
Level 48: Encore: Allows the caster to return back after dying.
Level 54: Detonation Human Bomb: Detonate himself, but later recompose back together. Fire AoE attack but loses HP.
Level 60: Burn: Fire buff suicide.
Level 70: Self-Cannibalism: Loses HP to increase maximum HP up to 150%
Level 80: Elvis Impersonators: Sacrifice self to call forth kamikaze zombie.
Level 90: Last Breath: State of unkillable rage but causes death after the state expires.
Level 100: Final Requiem: A devastating song that sends a wave of death energy around the singer. Will summon a zombie for everyone (ally/enemy/monsters/summons) who dies due to this spell.
Level 200: Zombie Rockstar Dopple
Class Spell: Doom Box Summon a static boombox that amplifies the spell's range and AoE.

Suggested spells:
ROCKSTAR SKILLS
Rockstar Skill: "Eyes On Me"
A 2 tile AoE spell that steals the range of everyone within the AoE.
Dodgeable
Self cast range.
AoE/Range modifiable

Rockstar Skill: "Thriller" (Undead Aura)
Switches the character into "Zombie Mode".
Gains 5-20% HP at the start of each turn.
Cannot be healed. Healing will damage the character instead.
AP Cost: 4/4/4/3/3/2
Duration: 3/3/4/5/6/7
Cooldown: 10/10/9/9/8/8
HP gains at the start of turn: 5%/8%/11%/14%/17%/20%

Rockstar Skill: Harmony (courtesy of SniperViper)
Changes all elements to support the element of next attack, at a 2 for 1 ratio (for hybrids to temporarily change to a strong one element build).
E.g, if the next attack is strength and you have 300 agi and 300 intel, they convert to a 300 strength (600/2), for 3-4 turns ... effect also cancels if you use a different elemental attack.

Rockstar Skilll: Doom Box
Summons a "Kamikazeoke" (a boom box with a mic and stand)
A static summon.
The summon have an automatical glyph on all 4 adjacent tiles (similar to the glyph of cawwot summon).
The glyph steals 1-2 hp everytime it is activated.
Activates by standing on the glyph and casting a spell.
Effect: Increases the range and AoE of the spell (principle of spell amplification).
Level / casting cost / +Range / +AoE
Level 1 / 5AP / +1 Range / +1 AoE
Level 2 / 5AP / +2 Range / +1 AoE
Level 3 / 4AP / +3 Range / +2 AoE
Level 4 / 4AP / +4 Range / +2 AoE
Level 5 / 3AP / +5 Range / +3 AoE
Level 6 / 3AP / +6 Range / +3 AoE

ZOMBIE SKILLS
Zombie Skill: Encore ("I'll Be Back")
This spell will allow the caster to return to life after dying.
When the caster die while still in the effect of this spell, he will fall on the ground into a heap of pulsating blob of flesh.
He will then spring back to life after the 1-3 turn cooldown.
Needs to be in "Zombie Mode" to cast this.
Effect: Places the caster in "Returnee State".
While in this state, if the zombie loses all his HP, he will crumble to the ground and become a pile of flesh and bone (with 10-60% HP depending on the spell level). The pile of remains will spring back to life 1-3 turn after dying (turn depends on spell level).
Duration of "Returnee State": 1/1/2/2/3/3
Cooldown: 8/8/8/7/7/6
HP returned to pile of remains: 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%/60%
Turn to return back to life: 3/3/3/2/2/1

Zombie Skill: Final Requiem
Modifiable AoE
Self-cast
The character releases a death energy that causes moderate damage to everyone within range.
Whenever somebody died due to this spell, they will become a zombie summon.
Zombiefied character cannot be resurrected by the osa's Spiritual Leash.
To revive an ally, the zombiefied ally have to be directly targeted by the leash spell.
Zombified enemy will receive 10-60% life damage when hit by Spiritual Leash.
Zombie summons cannot be healed and receive damage when healed.
Zombie summons do not require +summonables.
Zombie summons have vitality equal to a gobbal summon, 1-3MP, a 1AoE poison glyph and attack using "Bite" (equal to gobbal bite attack).

Zombie Skill: Self-Cannibalism
Eats himself losing 20% HP but increases 5-20% maximum HP.
Used to counter erosion damage.
Must be in "Zombie Mode" to cast his spell
Casting cost: 2-3 AP
Can be cast once every turn with a 1 turn duration. A zombie must continually cast this spell to accumulate his vitality buff. Useless against enemy that can unbewitch.
Max HP buff is capped at 150% of the original maximum HP.

Example: A Zombie with 6,000 HP uses a level 6 of this spell.
He will lose 1,200 HP but gains 1,200 maximum HP. He will end up with 4,800/7,200 HP.
The zombie gains 1,200 max HP buff (can be unbewitch since it only have 1 turn duration).
On the start of his next turn he will gain 1,440 HP (Zombie mode 20% regeneration). He will end up with 6,240/7,200 HP.
Max HP will not go higher than 9,000 max HP (150% of 6,000 HP - the original max HP).

This technique is tricky because zombie mode cannot be healed, thus it will only rely on his HP steal and HP regeneration to regain lost HP.
This spell still needs to be tweaked I must admit. I was thinking this spell will not be too OP considering that the zombie mode have a duration so when the zombie mode eventually run out then the max HP buff will be automatically removed since the spell can only be cast while in zombie mode. If the player is running on buff max HP, he will suddenly drop down to minimum max HP as soon as the player is unable to cast the spell. I have to finalized the zombie mode spell first.

Zombie Skill: Follow (courtesy of SniperViper)
Undodgable mp steal from a target for 2 turns. Can only deal damage to that target for 4 turns.
(cons: maybe a little unfair in 1 v 1 pvp)

Zombie Skill: Moonwalker/Zombie Walk
When cast on an another target, it will remove all the casters remaining MP and transfer it to his target.
When self-casted, it will remove the caster's remaining MP and next turn the removed MP will be added to the caster.
Duration: 1 turn

Spell lvl / Casting cost / Range / Cooldown
Level 1 / 3 AP / 0-1 tiles / 7 turns
Level 2 / 3 AP / 0-2 tiles / 6 turns
Level 3 / 3 AP / 0-3 tiles / 5 turns
Level 4 / 2 AP / 0-4 tiles / 4 turns
Level 5 / 2 AP / 0-5 tiles / 3 turns
Level 6 / 1 AP / 0-6 tiles / 2 turns

This is a situational spell that you can use to be able to escape next turn or give your MP to your ally but it will leave you totally defenseless on the turn that you use it. A tanker support buff to ally.

Zombie Skill: Headbanger
Telportation/additional healing.
The zombie rockstar removes his head and throws it 1-6 tiles away (boostable).
The head and body will have 50% of the original HP/Max HP. Example, if the zombie rockstar have 3000/6000 HP, the head and body will both have 1500/3000 HP.
At the start of the next turn, both the head and body will receive the zombie regeneration healing. Then the body will crumble to the ground and burst out of the head's ground and reattach itsef to each other.
If the head is killed, the body will regenerate a new head next turn, the head will regenerate a new body next turn if it is the the body that dies.
Note: The body can still act and move after throwing his head.

Zombie Skill: Zombie Rights (Pseudo-summon)
The zombie rockstar throws his right arm as a projectile 2-6 tiles away (linear, LoS) doing 5-10 neutral damage, then lands on the adjacent tile of the target tile.
The right arm will have 50% of the zombie rockstar's HP/Max HP, 6AP and 3MP.
The zombie rockstar will lose 3 maxAP and 25% maxHP while the right arm is in play.
The right arm is controlled by AI and will deal CC attack/damage.
The right arm have a global cooldown per character, only one can be in play, casting another will remove the first one.
The right arm also have regenerative healing.
Unlike zombie rockstar, the right arm can be damaged by healing spells and leash (Damaged by 60% by level 6 Animal Leash)

SUICIDE SKILLS
Suicide Skill: Burn
Dowse himself with kerosene and light up a cigarette.
Sacrifice 10% of vitality to increase 200% Fire.
Can be cast on self up to 2 times per turn.
Duration: 3 Turn

Suicide Skill: Drown
The zombie is engulf in a bubble of water.
Sacrifice 10% of vitality to increase 200% Water.

Suicide Skill: Lethal Gas
Breaks a vial of deadly gas and proceed to inhale all the fumes.
Sacrifice 10% of vitality to increase 200% Air.

Suicide Skill: Harakiri (Impalement)
Trust a blade into his stomach and leaves it there.
Sacrifice 10% of vitality to increase 200% Earth.

Suicide Skill: Last breath (courtesy of SniperViper)
Immunity (cannot be killed) for 2-3 turns, but death right after. (cannot be lifted/ doesn't work with coming back) .

Electricotter's version of suicide spells.
Detonation: You build up your Necrotic energies to go out with a bang!
Enter state: Final Performance 3 turns.
After the state ends you explode in a 2 AoE circular (3 AoE at lvl 6)
Similar to Pulsar, the damage dealt is based off of the AP you have when cast.
High Neutral damage in the AoE.
You Die.
You revive in 2 turns : unhealable state for 2 turns. Increased Erosion.

The World is my Stage: The world is your stage and the concert was a massacre!
Teleportation spell.
You Die. On your next turn your corpse bursts forth from the ground on the targeted cell.
AoE1 (2 at lvl 6) Earth damage. Unhealable state for 1 turn. Increased Erosion.

Standing Ovation: You have made the crowd very happy!
You let your necrotic energy loose over a large radius empowering your allies.
You Die. AoE 5 circular. Buff to Power, MP, AP, with a short duration.
You rez next turn, unhealable state 3 turns. Increased Erosion.

Elvis Impersonators: You have so many fans...that are DYING to be like you!
You Die.
You Summon 4 Impersonators.
Melee based tanky summons.
In 3 turns they all explode dealing Neutral damage in an AoE1 circular. You then get revived, unhealable state 2 turns, increased Erosion.

Definition of Die:
You become a tombstone in your current square (maybe just a pile of body parts/bones?
You are invulnerable, immovable, in the gravity state, unhealable, heavy.
Monsters will be highly attracted to you in this state, you have increased lock.
(This is a new, unique form of tanking)

More spells to come... maybe later.
BRB. Oh. I got most of the materials in the Darkstalker Wikia under the character "Lord Raptor".

You can also check out my previous class suggestions:
1st: Magical Engineer ( Xelor's Gears) Click here Time displaced rebels who created their own mechanical god to destroy the 12 gods. Now under the watchful eye of the god Xelor, who some suspects plans to use the engineers technology for his own agenda.

2nd: Cowboy Class (Cra's Legacy, Cravalry) Click here Mounted Gunslinger. Former follower of Cra who allied themselves with the magical engineers. Learned to use "Riding Skills" and "Magic Gun Skills".

3rd: Druid Class (Eniripsa's Potions) Click here Followers of Otomai who combines science and magic. Former nature loving followers of Eniripsa who followed the path of higher knowledge.

4th: Gemini Class (Pandawa Twin) Click here What happens when 4 pandawa tribes inter-mingle? You will get a 4 element hybrid "Avatar" class. (actually each twin controls only 2 elements but together they control 4).

5th: Monster Class: Gobball (Feca's Herd) Click here Have you ever wondered what it feels like to be a monster? Here is your chance. The goddess Feca have been also known as the herder god, which is why all the gobballs consider her as their protector and patron.

6th: Shadow Mimic (Osamoda's Beastman) Click here Former Osamodas followers who were seduced by the demon god "Rushu". The highest evolution of the dopple race. Uses the power of shadow magic and mimicry.

7th: Feng Shui TarotS (Ecaflip's Karma) Click here The lucky cat persona of the god Ecaflip.

9th: Icarus Wings (Iop's Wings) Click here "Why jump, when you can fly?" A new order of the Iop's disciples who rediscovered the lost secret of the ancient magical artifacts.
0 0
Reactions 35
Score : 11100

Random and awesome tongue ! Best background story so far.
As for the spells, Zombie mode seems OP, Unless their health gets capped or something.

0 0
Score : 3565

Haha , Cool it's like the combination of Bard and Ghoul/Undead from the Final Fantasy Tactics biggrin

0 0
Score : 25843
XehanordHeartless|2012-07-17 18:34:42
As for the spells, Zombie mode seems OP, Unless their health gets capped or something.
Hmmm... I guess the 5-30% heal can be reduced to 5-20% heal (maybe even lower if it is still OP). One major drawback to this spell is that zombie mode cannot be healed and will have weakness towards healing spells. They will have a natural disadvantage against healing class and healing weapons.

Other drawbacks can be added like -1MP (just like drunk pandawa) or -1AP, since the character will become a rotting zombie.

If all 12 gods have a 2nd disciple, how would you like my previous suggestion on "Dual Class System"? Would you like a zombie rockstar to be the alternate class for your sacrier? biggrin

ElecAquaFire|2012-07-17 18:52:42
Haha , Cool it's like the combination of Bard and Ghoul/Undead from the Final Fantasy Tactics biggrin
Or the Skeleton/Ghost class from "Tactics Ogre"... They cannot be killed, they just keep coming back (until exorcized). biggrin 
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2012-07-17 18:57:18
XehanordHeartless|2012-07-17 18:34:42
Hmmm... I guess the 5-30% heal can be reduced to 5-20% heal (maybe even lower if it is still OP). One major drawback to this spell is that zombie mode cannot be healed and will have weakness towards healing spells. They will have a natural disadvantage against healing class and healing weapons.

Other drawbacks can be added like -1MP (just like drunk pandawa) or -1AP, since the character will become a rotting zombie.

If all 12 gods have a 2nd disciple, how would you like my previous suggestion on "Dual Class System"? Would you like a zombie rockstar to be the alternate class for your sacrier? biggrin

ElecAquaFire|2012-07-17 18:52:42
Or the Skeleton/Ghost class from "Tactics Ogre"... They cannot be killed, they just keep coming back (until exorcized). biggrin

I like the idea of this class. As for the state, the healing seems alright, what makes me skeptical is the fact they can be revived on their own.
0 0
XehanordHeartless|2012-07-17 19:08:57

I like the idea of this class. As for the state, the healing seems alright, what makes me skeptical is the fact they can be revived on their own.
Oh. That... Well it's self revival is not that OP.
There are many ways to counter it.
1. The "I'll Be Back" spell have a 2-3 turn duration with a 6-8 turn cooldown. In PvP, just make sure to kill him after the 2-3 turn duration of effect (Return State).
2. After dying, the character will turn into a non-moving defenseless piece of meat, with 10-60% HP (weakened by erosion). It will only rise back after 1-3 turn, which means you can pound it to death even before it rise back
3. The fallen zombie will no longer be revive if he is the only member left in the team. If you are in a 3v3 fight, the fight automatically ends when the other 2 member of your team dies while you have not been revived yet. This spell is useless if you are playing solo (just like Skeleton/Ghost in "Tactics Ogre").
0 0

Well it sounds reasonable then.

0 0
Score : 4774

I like the backstory apart from one thing: Rushu is not a demigod. Other than that, this is fantastic Gunner! Great backstory, well thought out, nice visual aids, and an overall great idea. I wouldn't mind seeing this in the game.

0 0
VoidofSouls|2012-07-17 19:50:59
I like the backstory apart from one thing: Rushu is not a demigod. Other than that, this is fantastic Gunner! Great backstory, well thought out, nice visual aids, and an overall great idea. I wouldn't mind seeing this in the game.
Thanks. I will try to edit the part about Rushu. What title can be use for Rushu?
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2012-07-17 19:59:30
Thanks. I will try to edit the part about Rushu. What title can be use for Rushu?
Rushu is a Demon Lord. He has some serious ambitions though: He wants to be a god. At one point, he was trying to inspire people to believe in him and have faith so he could ascend to the true pantheon of the Dofus Gods.
0 0
VoidofSouls|2012-07-17 20:01:57
Rushu is a Demon Lord. He has some serious ambitions though: He wants to be a god. At one point, he was trying to inspire people to believe in him and have faith so he could ascend to the true pantheon of the Dofus Gods.
Ok. Edited the backstory. Thanks for the info.
0 0

Demon Lord I guess.

ps. ninjad! damn!
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2012-07-17 20:05:49
VoidofSouls|2012-07-17 20:01:57
It's not a problem at all Gunner. I like the idea and I'm curious as to how Ankama would run with the visuals for this. We have graveyards and cemeteries everywhere in the game even though it says nobody in the World of Twelve truly dies. Why not show those who truly did die have their souls never leave their bodies so the flesh is animated but is never truly whole again?
0 0
New Skill Line: SUICIDE SKILLS
This are the abilities of zombies that are equivalent to the sacriers "Punishments" buff.
Zombies grow stronger the more they attempt to kill themselves.

Suicide Skill: Burn
Dowse himself with kerosene and light up a cigarette.
Sacrifice 10% of vitality to increase 200% Fire.

Suicide Skill: Drown
The zombie is engulf in a bubble of water.
Sacrifice 10% of vitality to increase 200% Water.

Suicide Skill: Lethal Gas
Breaks a vial of deadly gas and proceed to inhale all the fumes.
Sacrifice 10% of vitality to increase 200% Air.

Suicide Skill: Harakiri (Impalement)
Trust a blade into his stomach and leaves it there.
Sacrifice 10% of vitality to increase 200% Earth.

Zombie Skill: Self-Cannibalism
Eats himself losing 20% HP but increases 5-20% maximum HP.
Used to counter erosion damage.
Must be in "Zombie Mode" to cast his spell
Casting cost: 2-3 AP
Can be cast once every turn with a 1 turn duration. A zombie must continually cast this spell to accumulate his vitality buff. Useless against enemy that can unbewitch.
Max HP buff is capped at 150% of the original maximum HP.

Example: A Zombie with 6,000 HP uses a level 6 of this spell.
He will lose 1,200 HP but gains 1,200 maximum HP. He will end up with 4,800/7,200 HP.
The zombie gains 1,200 max HP buff (can be unbewitch since it only have 1 turn duration).
On the start of his next turn he will gain 1,440 HP (Zombie mode 20% regeneration). He will end up with 6,240/7,200 HP.
Max HP will not go higher than 9,000 max HP (150% of 6,000 HP - the original max HP).

This technique is tricky because zombie mode cannot be healed, thus it will only rely on his HP steal and HP regeneration to regain lost HP.
This spell still needs to be tweaked I must admit. I was thinking this spell will not be too OP considering that the zombie mode have a duration so when the zombie mode eventually run out then the max HP buff will be automatically removed since the spell can only be cast while in zombie mode. If the player is running on buff max HP, he will suddenly drop down to minimum max HP as soon as the player is unable to cast the spell. I have to finalized the zombie mode spell first.

VoidofSouls|2012-07-17 20:24:57
Gunnerwolfang|2012-07-17 20:05:49
It's not a problem at all Gunner. I like the idea and I'm curious as to how Ankama would run with the visuals for this. We have graveyards and cemeteries everywhere in the game even though it says nobody in the World of Twelve truly dies. Why not show those who truly did die have their souls never leave their bodies so the flesh is animated but is never truly whole again?
Now that I think about it... I too, wonder what will happen to a zombie class who run out of energy? Will they become a ghost zombie? This in itself would be a mystery. I'm just glad this is not a ghost class suggestion... Now that (ghost of a ghost class) would really be mind boggling.
0 0
Score : 6474

I love this HAHAHA!

My input:

Rework the Suicide Skills:
They are far too similar to Sacrier abilities.

Every class has its own mechanics or a unique way of presenting familiar mechanics.

Suggested mechanic:

Remove Sacrifice spells. Remove the high state dependence. Remove the self Rez spell.

Incorporate Self Rez into several spells in place of Sacrifice Spells. Lots of Neutral damage.

Enter state: Final Performance 3 turns.
After the state ends you explode in a 2 AoE circular (3 AoE at lvl 6)
Similar to Pulsar, the damage dealt is based off of the AP you have when cast.
High Neutral damage in the AoE.
You Die.
You revive in 2 turns : unhealable state for 2 turns. Increased Erosion.

The World is my Stage: The world is your stage and the concert was a massacre!

Teleportation spell.
You Die. On your next turn your corpse bursts forth from the ground on the targeted cell.
AoE1 (2 at lvl 6) Earth damage. Unhealable state for 1 turn. Increased Erosion.

Standing Ovation: You have made the crowd very happy!

You let your necrotic energy loose over a large radius empowering your allies.

You Die. AoE 5 circular. Buff to Power, MP, AP, with a short duration.
You rez next turn, unhealable state 3 turns. Increased Erosion.

You Die.
You Summon 4 Impersonators.
Melee based tanky summons.
In 3 turns they all explode dealing Neutral damage in an AoE1 circular. You then get revived, unhealable state 2 turns, increased Erosion.

Definition of Die:
You become a tombstone in your current square (maybe just a pile of body parts/bones?
You are invulnerable, immovable, in the gravity state, unhealable, heavy.
Monsters will be highly attracted to you in this state, you have increased lock.
(This is a new, unique form of tanking)

All Suicide Skills will share a Global cooldown.

0 0

I now want to play this class :

0 0
Electricotter|2012-07-22 13:31:59
The World is my Stage: Teleportation spell.
Standing Ovation: You let your necrotic energy loose over a large radius empowering your allies.
Definition of Die: You become a tombstone in your current square.
I do like the direction that you are going with the suicide spells. I will place them in the first post as "preferred" alternatives.

One issue though is the act of dying. On the first 4 of your spell, the zombie is removed from the battle field. It could be OP since that ia a minimum of 4 turns of invulnerability (Impersonators even last 3 turn of invulnerability). By the way, would they be revive with the same amount of HP that they have at the time it was cast?

Tombstone mechanics share similarity to sylvan power. It could use some modification to be unique. I also think increase lock is a bit illogical.

Thanks for the good contributions of spells... Appreciate them much. I really like those new spells.
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2012-07-22 15:19:02
Electricotter|2012-07-22 13:31:59
The World is my Stage: Teleportation spell.
Standing Ovation: You let your necrotic energy loose over a large radius empowering your allies.
Definition of Die: You become a tombstone in your current square.
I do like the direction that you are going with the suicide spells. I will place them in the first post as "preferred" alternatives.

One issue though is the act of dying. On the first 4 of your spell, the zombie is removed from the battle field. It could be OP since that ia a minimum of 4 turns of invulnerability (Impersonators even last 3 turn of invulnerability). By the way, would they be revive with the same amount of HP that they have at the time it was cast?

Tombstone mechanics share similarity to sylvan power. It could use some modification to be unique. I also think increase lock is a bit illogical.

Thanks for the good contributions of spells... Appreciate them much. I really like those new spells.
Yes Impersonators is the longest of Invuln, 3 turns. The second longest is Detonation.
The Zombie isn't removed from the battlefield at all though.
Also the Unhealable State and/or increased Erosion keep this from being OP. The fact that the tombstone/zombieparts draw monsters to lock the, this means when you Rez you are surrounded(potentially) and you are unhealable with increased Erosion. That is a big deal.
With "The World is My Stage' however, you can entice some monsters around your corpse and the next turn you have teleported by fewer, no, or more monsters dealing damage.

These spells are intended to offer their main ability, but also to have a new, unique form of tanking.
Boowolf is like"MEEAAT!!!" so he runs to the tombstone or pile of zombieparts and starts eating. The increased lock represents that he doesn't want to leave, but will if needed to (at a cost for going against his instincts, hence the increased lock, you make them want to stay there for whatever reason).
This applies to others as well, they are spending their time trying to loot your gear for example while you are 'dead' or maybe just going for the close range 'double tap'.
This is, in essence, the unique modification. A new and interesting way to tank in bursts.

I was thinking that perhaps you would still suffer Erosion despite taking no damage, with the Erosion increase not happening until you rez.
Being removed from play for 1-3 turns while still taking Erosion damage is a double edged sword. But you also get the effect of the spell you cast and the tanking bonus, which doesn't help in PvP (boo-hoo).
0 0
Electricotter|2012-07-22 20:00:03
Yes Impersonators is the longest of Invuln, 3 turns. The second longest is Detonation.
The Zombie isn't removed from the battlefield at all though.
Also the Unhealable State and/or increased Erosion keep this from being OP. The fact that the tombstone/zombieparts draw monsters to lock the, this means when you Rez you are surrounded(potentially) and you are unhealable with increased Erosion. That is a big deal.
With "The World is My Stage' however, you can entice some monsters around your corpse and the next turn you have teleported by fewer, no, or more monsters dealing damage.

These spells are intended to offer their main ability, but also to have a new, unique form of tanking.
Boowolf is like"MEEAAT!!!" so he runs to the tombstone or pile of zombieparts and starts eating. The increased lock represents that he doesn't want to leave, but will if needed to (at a cost for going against his instincts, hence the increased lock, you make them want to stay there for whatever reason).
This applies to others as well, they are spending their time trying to loot your gear for example while you are 'dead' or maybe just going for the close range 'double tap'.
This is, in essence, the unique modification. A new and interesting way to tank in bursts.

I was thinking that perhaps you would still suffer Erosion despite taking no damage, with the Erosion increase not happening until you rez.
Being removed from play for 1-3 turns while still taking Erosion damage is a double edged sword. But you also get the effect of the spell you cast and the tanking bonus, which doesn't help in PvP (boo-hoo).
I just realize that if your spells would not remove the zombie from the playing field (same mechanic as my resurrection spell "Encore"), then it would become too detrimental to cast them. Instead of invulnerability, the zombie would be is a position of too much vulnerability. 3 turn of ""Zombie impersonator" for example, would render the zombie useless for 3 turns (that would be 3 turn of AP/MP wasted), while the enemy would keep on beating you up. The zombie explosion damage would have to make up for those wasted AP/MP.

I imagine a zombie class to use the concept of "Death" as their strong points, not their weakness.
0 0

Enhanced unique tanking as well as invulnerability is a pretty good incentive.

With the particular spell you mention, 4 tank like damaging summons, which also explode after the 3rd turn, in some ways makes up for it.

All of these spells sharing a global cooldown makes an incentive of using the right spell for the right situation.

There are times this would be your best choice, in others it wouldn't.

Despite all of that however, just suggestions, its your class/idea, and its a fun sounding one.

0 0
Respond to this thread