FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Resistance Trespassing

By heslyhs - SUBSCRIBER - September 15, 2012, 00:58:04

Hi i just had this though. Found interesting the idea of creating an item characteristic that is a resist trespassing, like "trample" from magic. Example, one item has 1% fire trespassing, it would ignore 1% of it's target fire resist for all its attacks. It would be nice taking account on current resist itens like shields and armored mounts, players would be looking not just to get more resist but also to ignore enemies resists.

0 0
Reactions 25
Score : 961

No. % resists are the only thing fecas have going for them now that erosion blows past their armors no matter what.

0 0
Score : 3719

% resist isn't special for just Fecas. Anyone can get 50% resist.

I wouldn't mind this, I've always thought being able to hit through resists would be nice, just like having more resists is nice.

0 0
Score : 5030

If this would happen I bet feca's shields would become stronger so I say no for this suggestion. I would rather see ankama nerf the feca's shields ( so it won't resist 100 damage per each element but 100 in total )

0 0
Score : 245

Nerfing Feca's shields would be a difference only playing against fecas. I though of something that could be applied to everyone, like Justabeast said, anyone can get 50% resist. The same way the Fecas would have the disvantage of having their resistances trespassed so would other classes and it would not be unbalanced.

And Fecas also have the "normal" shields that do elemental damage reduction, not % resist. Ankama could maybe improve those, although I think 50% resist + elemental shields is hard enough.

0 0
Score : 4768
heslyhs|2012-09-15 00:58:04
Hi i just had this though. Found interesting the idea of creating an item characteristic that is a resist trespassing, like "trumple" from magic. Example, one item has 1% fire trespassing, it would ignore 1% of it's target fire resist for all its attacks. It would be nice taking account on current resist itens like shields and armored mounts, players would be looking not just to get more resist but also to ignore enemies resists.
Just a quick thing to help anybody who doesn't get what you are saying: It is "Trample," not "trumple" in Magic. You are suggesting a way to Trample through a targets defences.
0 0
Score : 27379

Or a weapon that could ignore critical resists. The "shield" has gotten too strong lately, time for the "sword" to get a buff.

0 0
VoidofSouls|2012-09-18 22:36:30
heslyhs|2012-09-15 00:58:04
Hi i just had this though. Found interesting the idea of creating an item characteristic that is a resist trespassing, like "trumple" from magic. Example, one item has 1% fire trespassing, it would ignore 1% of it's target fire resist for all its attacks. It would be nice taking account on current resist itens like shields and armored mounts, players would be looking not just to get more resist but also to ignore enemies resists.
Just a quick thing to help anybody who doesn't get what you are saying: It is "Trample," not "trumple" in Magic. You are suggesting a way to Trample through a targets defences.
Thanks, haven't noticed
0 0
Score : 6478
Revil-Nunor|2012-09-18 22:38:37
Or a weapon that could ignore critical resists. The "shield" has gotten too strong lately, time for the "sword" to get a buff.
Weapons don't really require a buff.

This would be a really good addition to say, the Sacrier.
Increasing their more overshadowed spells such as Absorption with this "Fire Penetration".
0 0
Electricotter|2012-09-18 23:04:51

Increasing their more overshadowed spells such as Absorption with this "Fire Penetration".
... Revil doesn't mean weapons. He was using "sword" to mean "attacks." He is using it as the Sword and Shield idea or Attack and Defence respectively.
0 0
Score : 6715

I don't like this first post suggestion. Also, "resist trespassing" would be, in my imagination, a system where you would be prevented from stepping close to a player. It would be the opposite to dodge lock.

Dodge lock is where you are already one cell away from another character and you are unable to move away from them.
Trespassing would be where you are 2 cells away from another character and you are unable to move closer to them.

This would allow players to counter close-quarters combat, like being spammed with swords (ie. peccary blade) and other close-combat attacks like dissolution.

If a defending player's "resist trespassing" level were higher than an attacking player's "trespassing" level, then the attacking player would not be able to move 1 cell away from the defending player on their turn, but the defending player would be able to move 1 cell away from the attacking player on their turn.

Player 1: 10 trespassing, 5 resist trespassing
Player 2: 3 trespassing, 11 resist trespassing

Player 1's Turn: Player 1 cannot move close to Player 2 (Player 2 has 11 resist trespassing, Player 1 has 10 trespassing)
Player 2's Turn: Player 2 cannot move close to Player 1 (Player 1 has 5 resist trespassing, Player 3 has 3 trespassing)

Player 1: 1 trespassing, 4 resist trespassing
Player 2: 5 trespassing, 0 resist trespassing

Player 1's Turn: Player 1 can move close to Player 2 (Player 2 has 0 resist trespassing, Player 1 has 1 trespassing)
Player 2's Turn: Player 2 can move close to Player 1 (Player 1 has 4 resist trespassing, Player 2 has 5 trespassing)

If the trespassing level of an attacker and the resist trespassing level of a defender are the same value, then there is a 50/50 chance of the result.

0 0
Liquid-Flame|2012-09-19 00:07:55
I don't like this first post suggestion. Also, "resist trespassing" would be, in my imagination, a system where you would be prevented from stepping close to a player. It would be the opposite to dodge lock.

Dodge lock is where you are already one cell away from another character and you are unable to move away from them.
Trespassing would be where you are 2 cells away from another character and you are unable to move closer to them.

This would allow players to counter close-quarters combat, like being spammed with swords (ie. peccary blade) and other close-combat attacks like dissolution.

If a defending player's "resist trespassing" level were higher than an attacking player's "trespassing" level, then the attacking player would not be able to move 1 cell away from the defending player on their turn, but the defending player would be able to move 1 cell away from the attacking player on their turn.

Player 1: 10 trespassing, 5 resist trespassing
Player 2: 3 trespassing, 11 resist trespassing

Player 1's Turn: Player 1 cannot move close to Player 2 (Player 2 has 11 resist trespassing, Player 1 has 10 trespassing)
Player 2's Turn: Player 2 cannot move close to Player 1 (Player 1 has 5 resist trespassing, Player 3 has 3 trespassing)

Player 1: 1 trespassing, 4 resist trespassing
Player 2: 5 trespassing, 0 resist trespassing

Player 1's Turn: Player 1 can move close to Player 2 (Player 2 has 0 resist trespassing, Player 1 has 1 trespassing)
Player 2's Turn: Player 2 can move close to Player 1 (Player 1 has 4 resist trespassing, Player 2 has 5 trespassing)

If the trespassing level of an attacker and the resist trespassing level of a defender are the same value, then there is a 50/50 chance of the result.
I don't think it's a good idea for it to be a permanent effect like dodge lock, cause it would change the entire dofus combat system and the use of weapons. Nevertheless i found it interesting to be used maybe as a spell.
0 0
VoidofSouls|2012-09-18 23:27:22

... Revil doesn't mean weapons. He was using "sword" to mean "attacks." He is using it as the Sword and Shield idea or Attack and Defence respectively.
Look at the first sentence.
0 0
Electricotter|2012-09-19 01:17:58
VoidofSouls|2012-09-18 23:27:22

Look at the first sentence.
Yes, the first sentence says that, however he used "sword" with quotations to denote it is not being used in the normal context and meaning of a sword.
0 0

Yeah, I was referring to an arms race. I am surprised that you of all people didn't get that Electricotter. It is a classic example, one side builds up their resistance gear (sheild) and the other side tries to get weapons strong enough to punch thru (sword).

Right now the shield is pretty much having its way with the sword in terms of critical resistance and fixed resistance and the next move should be, in my opinion, a way to counter that. This being damage that can be delivered thru such things be it on weapons or spells.

0 0

That certainly is the case, but I feel Crit based weapons...weapons in general...are more Crit reliant.

The first thing that comes to mind here is the entire weapon category, daggers, that are designed around crit damage.

I understand entirely your metaphor of the "sword" and "shield" as well as your "arms race", but let's just be realistic here.

We compile offense so others then compile defense, then we design counter defense for their offense, which leads to adding in new offense.

This effect, if put on gear for example, would only make Crit based weapons just as strong now as they were before...which was and is, in my opinion, too strong.

I'll give you that it would be something valid for a spell, if it was just for resists period, but something designed to bypass crit resistance specifically has WEAPON written all over it.

"Dude! Imma cast my spell that bypasses crit resist on the chance I crit with it!"

A Crit spell or weapon already deals greater damage, it would make more sense to just increase crit values.
Either way however, someone building up Crit Resist gear is adding on gear that only works, best case scenario, half of the time.

Someone like me, who doesn't even try for 1/2 on attack spells (I also avoid weapon abuse)(my Osa will be 1/2 on all buffs if I ever get a +9 Turq...read as +11) makes their useful only 1/50 of the time.

They are trading off constant effects for effects that are more or less PvP based and work only 1/2 the time.

0 0

I would view it as something like this. Say you replace Leek Pie, just an example, with a spell that why cast allows all your damage to pass thru shields or resistances without them stopping any of it. However casting this spell on yourself would also put you in a state similar to what Jinx, the Sram special spell, does by making all your spells and weapon attacks deal the lowest amount of damage possible and preventing a critical hit. To balance the spell, the Jinx effect would last two turns, while the beneficial effect would only last one.

So this would allow you to breach the wall, but would prevent you from having massive game-ending damage, which I think makes it a fairly strategic idea. happy I realize it isn't a perfect suggestion, however I don't think it is terribly overpowered and would definitely help break the stranglehold Fecas have in PvP.

0 0

So now the Feca just casts Truce and his Sram and Iop teammates pummel the opposition?

Brokle bypasses Jinx so sharing the state would share the effect.

Anyways, I do like the idea in theory Phil.

However I'd like to hear from the OP as we may be derailing the thread from its intended purpose.

0 0

Well, Truce and Immunity would be exceptions I think, I just mean the regular armors and resistances Fecas and players have.

0 0
Score : 961
So Erosion eating through every type of defensive spell, including those of a feca, isnt enough? You want to deal even more damage? If anything the ability to inflict damage has gotten too strong.
0 0
Respond to this thread