Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Quests - they should be restarteable

By Suricate2 January 08, 2013, 14:28:37
DevTracker
Reactions 37
Score : 1123
clarkymark|2013-01-15 19:04:32
No not exchangable and no I don't have the option to change from anyone in the rogue temple sad
Aww that's too bad, it seems to only be there after the final quest in the chain then.
Have you checked your Miscellaneous tab and Quest tab to see if the potion is really not there somewhere?
0 0
Score : 6187

yeah, I have had this problem from when the quest was first implemented several years ago. I reported it back then but got ignored. Originally forgot about it till couple months ago, reported again only for almost 2 months later get a pointless reply clearly not understanding a word I said.

Its a general bug from years back which was never sorted. I know many people who quit years ago who had the exact same issue. When I logged off several years ago I was out the wabbit state. Its physically impossible to carry on with this quest literally, therefore physically impossible to do the achievement. Its quite irritating. sending tickets is useless as they clearly do not understand English very well, i'm hoping that person Izmar said may help but not holding my breathe.

btw, izmar that link you gave just goes to some zenith thing which has nothing to do with anything really.

0 0
clarkymark|2013-01-15 22:01:42
yeah, I have had this problem from when the quest was first implemented several years ago. I reported it back then but got ignored. Originally forgot about it till couple months ago, reported again only for almost 2 months later get a pointless reply clearly not understanding a word I said.

Its a general bug from years back which was never sorted. I know many people who quit years ago who had the exact same issue. When I logged off several years ago I was out the wabbit state. Its physically impossible to carry on with this quest literally, therefore physically impossible to do the achievement. Its quite irritating. sending tickets is useless as they clearly do not understand English very well, i'm hoping that person Izmar said may help but not holding my breathe.

btw, izmar that link you gave just goes to some zenith thing which has nothing to do with anything really.
Oh damn that really sucks. I hope that person can help!
Have you also tried talking to Vil Smisse at 7, -5?
Another thing you could try, if you haven't yet, is to bring all the items required for the potion to Uba Tesse at 1, 16.
I have no idea if either of them will work and if you have tried them or not, but if you haven't, I'd say it's worth a try. If you already did, I can't really think of anything else and really hope that person can help you out.

About tickets, I get some pointless responds to them from time to time aswell, if they even respond.
0 0
Score : 47

I've already spoken to all NPC's that interfere in the quest and even lvled an alt to transfer the item. But the item is a quest item therefore I can't even transfer to my main through the bank.

I think there should be an option to just buy the quest items you need to finish the quest. Shouldn't be that hard. Or something a mod could give back like a present.

0 0
ourmatey|2013-01-15 22:34:36

Another thing you could try, if you haven't yet, is to bring all the items required for the potion to Uba Tesse at 1, 16.
I have no idea if either of them will work and if you have tried them or not, but if you haven't, I'd say it's worth a try. If you already did, I can't really think of anything else and really hope that person can help you out.

About tickets, I get some pointless responds to them from time to time aswell, if they even respond.
Tried both, the item thing doesn't work because i'm past that stages, and trying to carry on with it doesn't work because im not a wa wabbit.
0 0
clarkymark|2013-01-16 07:52:56
ourmatey|2013-01-15 22:34:36

Tried both, the item thing doesn't work because i'm past that stages, and trying to carry on with it doesn't work because im not a wa wabbit.
That's too bad. sad Vil Smisse shouldn't be the one to speak to to carry on, which I know you can't, that's why I mentioned him to see if it could help, but if you've tried it's too bad that also that doesn't work. I sadly have no idea of anything else that could work, so I can only hope that person can help you out.
0 0

I know, its the npc in the castle you need to speak to to fight the war cheif but it doesn't work. I did try Vil too.

It is just a bug dating years back, They did fix it but not for anyone who already suffered from it which is kind of stupid really. As i said, i knew many people who had the same issue. They have long since quit. i bet there are people who play now who have this issue too, only like me they forgot about it

0 0

Yup that's most likely the case and they might stumble upon the issue again when they notice the quest chain has to be completed for an achievement.
I hope Ankama adds the option to that NPC to change into Wa Wabbit again if you have lost the transformation.

0 0
Score : 560
polopin|2013-01-13 04:23:18
Izmar|2013-01-13 03:34:53
AniMalle|2013-01-12 00:11:36
Would a restart the step option not work?

Due to the nature of quests in Dofus, this would require quest-by-quest review by the devs. For example, on each step of the Eternal Harvest quest, the player receives a number of perfect soul stones so they may capture the souls required to complete the step.

If each quest step could be restarted freely, every player in the game would have an unlimited source of free soulstones. This is just one instance out of many that I mention to illustrate why changing the quest system to allow restarts is not something that can be changed easily or quickly.

A request for broad changes to a system as detailed and extensive as the questing system this has many far-reaching implications that require time and planning to review and account for, that is why, even if the developers do agree that it is a good idea, it may take years before it is possible for them to add this change to the game.
He wasn't asking for a reset of the quest, but rather the step you were on. Since you don't get the reward till you accomplish that step, it wouldn't be abuse-able and (should) fix the problem.
The soul stones come as a reward at the end of the last step, not at the start of the next step. So by that token, all you could ever do is lose soul stones, not gain them.
0 0

Err, no... the link I gave was to the translated known bug list, which contains information about how to contact [Briss] about bugs, and what you should send him. ^^

Doesn't actually have anything to do with the Zenith, directly. Please go and read the entire thread, thanks!

I did read it. The problem I have is not a known bug, it was fixed years ago, but they never bothered to actually fix it for the people who suffered, they just made it so when you log out or die in battle you still stay in the wa wabbit state. No one who had the issue that I know of ever got it fixed for them. So they fixed the quest for future questeries (i know thats not a word)

I apologize though at first I thought the guy who created that was saying contact him above the support thing, realized its actually going to briss's email. My bad.

Just out of curiosity, where about were you from? Don't have to give an exact address or what not, just the country or county if you came from the UK, I listened to one of your video things and couldn't work out the accent. sounded kinda like your from the midlands in UK.

0 0
Score : 27377

I believe she said she was from America.

0 0

ah well didn't sound american. biggrin. Then again to me they only have 3 accents. Mississippi, texas and the rest lol. anyone getting off topic here. ignore me

0 0
Score : 27377
clarkymark|2013-01-18 08:58:49
ah well didn't sound american. biggrin. Then again to me they only have 3 accents. Mississippi, texas and the rest lol. anyone getting off topic here. ignore me
I guess you have never heard anyone from Boston talk then. :blink: 
0 0

I have not lol

0 0
Score : 336

My apologies for bumping this topic. But how about making quest items actual quest items that can't be deleted? It should give you a warning like "You can't delete quest items".

0 0
Score : 1602
-DragonMusic-|2013-05-14 08:47:41
My apologies for bumping this topic. But how about making quest items actual quest items that can't be deleted? It should give you a warning like "You can't delete quest items".
Well as you've bumped it I might as well reply.

My answer is yes to that. I have lost my Ballotwine Amulet (yeah big deal I no, but I like them titles so actually I kinda want to get it back - never heard back from support asking them to reset my quest so I could repeat it either but maybe next year) somehow. I am assuming it either got deleted or was fed to a livi amulet, either way if something is non-exchangeable then it should also be non-deletable I think. And as that is not quite the same thing, surely if they implemented one they could also implement the other.

--Ex--
0 0
Score : 1226
Revil-Nunor|2013-01-18 18:18:21
clarkymark|2013-01-18 08:58:49
I guess you have never heard anyone from Boston talk then. :blink:
OMG Ted anyone??
0 0
Respond to this thread