FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Edit Your House!

By Osa-masterz - SUBSCRIBER - February 22, 2013, 08:15:03

Imagine how cool it would be if you could change the inside of your house?! If this idea was to be accepted just think of the possibilities!!!

-Move furniture
-Change furniture
-Take down furniture
-Use the Resources you just dropped from that Tengu Snowfoux and make Taxidermy!
-Add up to 1 extra room for 500,000 kamas.
-Add another chest for 500,000 - 1,000,000 kamas.
-Craft a wallpaper changing potion!
-Taxidermy a rug!
- Bring in the festivities around the holidays.
-String lights outside of house.
-Add a paddock off of your house for 800,000 kamas per mount space!

The ideas are really endless. I am just bored with all of the houses being identical... If I am going to spend a ton of money on a house I would like to customize it!!!!

1 0
Reactions 20
Score : 3856

Being able to customize your home might be nice. But I'd rather they balance out the pvm issues that have appeared due to pvp nerfs

0 0
Score : 216

Whose to say that they can't just do both?

0 0
Score : 392

and make house shared between husband&wife!

(for other things i advice you to play in Sims3 tongue ) 

0 0
FlowerForce|2013-02-22 11:09:00
and make house shared between husband&wife!

(for other things i advice you to play in Sims3 tongue wink
Shared, but who ever buys it owns it! But that might just be pushing it... I just wanna make my house look cool
0 0
Score : 472

Something like that works in wakfu so who knows... maybe somewhere in the future.
Tho I smell it could be problemative programing-wise

0 0
Score : 5262

How will you add rooms... Because if you ad one, it wont be only visible on the inside, and not on the outside.. And same with paddocks, if there are 7 houses on one map, all 7 people buy a 4 space paddocks, How will you move around the map! it'll all be very cramped. The only way i can see this happening is if the paddocks turn into underground paddocks like in the breeders village and if the extra rooms go underground too..

0 0
Score : 13167

This is a topic I brought up a ccouple years ago, and I do really think it would be awesome. Here are a few ideas I have:

Purchase a trophy chest (this would be a craft added to either an existing profession, or perhaps a new one). These could come in different shapes and sizes. The first time you kill a boss, you would recieve a "trophy" of some kind (probably not want to call them trophies, since that would be confused with the new trophy slot system), and then you could bring it back and display it in your house. For example, you could get a Royal Masto Gob Crown, and it would log the date you first killed it. Then, weeks, months, years down the road, you could come back and remember the FIRST time you fought that boss! Not to mention, it would inspire people to go kill everyone at least once, so they can add to their display! biggrin

Add treasure chests... again, this would be crafted, and they could be bought in different sizes. There would probably need to be a limit set per house... perhaps something like "Max of 3 chests per floor"... this would inspire people with small houses, to buy larger capacity chests, while those with the bigger ones, might opt to get the small cheaper ones.

Wall Mounts. This would be profession related (but doesn't have to be I guess), but you take a complilation of drops from a certain boss, go to a crafter, and they could create a wall mount for you to put up in your house. Mount the head of a Royal Pinguin or Obidemon... that would be pretty cool. The house's could be made with a set number of "Wall Mount" slots. Some people may want a house that has lots of chest space, but others may go for a house with a lot of mounting space.

These are just a few of the idea's I had... I have LOTS more, but I realize that houses aren't really a "critical" part of the game, so Ankama (although they probably really like these ideas) don't have the time and/or manpower to invest into such a small aspect of the game. Perhaps some day, if they start to run out of things to add, this will come up on their radar. biggrin

Benjamight

0 0
Sackrace|2013-02-22 14:30:48
How will you add rooms... Because if you ad one, it wont be only visible on the inside, and not on the outside.. And same with paddocks, if there are 7 houses on one map, all 7 people buy a 4 space paddocks, How will you move around the map! it'll all be very cramped. The only way i can see this happening is if the paddocks turn into underground paddocks like in the breeders village and if the extra rooms go underground too..
Have set limits depending on map/size of the house when you bought it. Can't be that hard to do. biggrin

Benja-might|2013-02-22 16:42:54
This is a topic I brought up a ccouple years ago, and I do really think it would be awesome. Here are a few ideas I have:

Purchase a trophy chest (this would be a craft added to either an existing profession, or perhaps a new one). These could come in different shapes and sizes. The first time you kill a boss, you would recieve a "trophy" of some kind (probably not want to call them trophies, since that would be confused with the new trophy slot system), and then you could bring it back and display it in your house. For example, you could get a Royal Masto Gob Crown, and it would log the date you first killed it. Then, weeks, months, years down the road, you could come back and remember the FIRST time you fought that boss! Not to mention, it would inspire people to go kill everyone at least once, so they can add to their display! biggrin

Add treasure chests... again, this would be crafted, and they could be bought in different sizes. There would probably need to be a limit set per house... perhaps something like "Max of 3 chests per floor"... this would inspire people with small houses, to buy larger capacity chests, while those with the bigger ones, might opt to get the small cheaper ones.

Wall Mounts. This would be profession related (but doesn't have to be I guess), but you take a complilation of drops from a certain boss, go to a crafter, and they could create a wall mount for you to put up in your house. Mount the head of a Royal Pinguin or Obidemon... that would be pretty cool. The house's could be made with a set number of "Wall Mount" slots. Some people may want a house that has lots of chest space, but others may go for a house with a lot of mounting space.

These are just a few of the idea's I had... I have LOTS more, but I realize that houses aren't really a "critical" part of the game, so Ankama (although they probably really like these ideas) don't have the time and/or manpower to invest into such a small aspect of the game. Perhaps some day, if they start to run out of things to add, this will come up on their radar. biggrin

Benjamight
I think that this might bring more appeal to the game, maybe it will ease the pain of changes being made to the characters.
0 0
Score : 3055
Osa-masterz|2013-02-23 02:44:39
Sackrace|2013-02-22 14:30:48
Have set limits depending on map/size of the house when you bought it. Can't be that hard to do. biggrin

Benja-might|2013-02-22 16:42:54

Benjamight
I think that this might bring more appeal to the game, maybe it will ease the pain of changes being made to the characters.
And gives us a better reason to spend millions of kamas on a house rather than a little bit of extra storage and possibly a workbench.
0 0
Score : 6184

A carpenter type profession has been suggested since houses existed. I would LOVE this idea. It would give me a reason to actually buy one other than to sell it on for more (yeah i do that sorry tongue).

At the moment i don't see the point in houses really. The extra benefits they do give like faster energy regain and free bank (chest) mean nothing to me. Bank is cheap anyway and i do die that much to be honest

it would work well with either a lumberjack or handyman to be honest

0 0
Score : 27373
clarkymark|2013-02-23 11:31:46
A carpenter type profession has been suggested since houses existed. I would LOVE this idea. It would give me a reason to actually buy one other than to sell it on for more (yeah i do that sorry tongue).

At the moment i don't see the point in houses really. The extra benefits they do give like faster energy regain and free bank (chest) mean nothing to me. Bank is cheap anyway and i do die that much to be honest

it would work well with either a lumberjack or handyman to be honest
Different houses give different benefits. Someone who owns a Lake Palace or Snowbound Manor will have a different perspective than someone who owns a 1 chest house in the middle of nowhere.
0 0
Score : 6184

I've always wanted a house in the middle of nowhere, or in astrub. Theres a small house in amanka forest near some mine tracks i have always wanted.

0 0

I was thinking different professions for different things.

Taxidermy - Hunter
Furniture - Handyman
etc biggrin 

0 0

The only problem with this idea if it's ever implemented is. The houses once customized will be sold for much more than they are now. I mean I've seen people trying to get 100mk for a small jewelers house though not often I admit. 10mk is usually a more common price I see them listed for and for a small house that's way too much. So if some one owns an enormous baker's house and customizes it seeing it listed for sale for a price of 50 mk or more would be come common place and make them unaffordable for anyone who's not rich

0 0
danan|2013-02-28 22:05:05
The only problem with this idea if it's ever implemented is. The houses once customized will be sold for much more than they are now. I mean I've seen people trying to get 100mk for a small jewelers house though not often I admit. 10mk is usually a more common price I see them listed for and for a small house that's way too much. So if some one owns an enormous baker's house and customizes it seeing it listed for sale for a price of 50 mk or more would be come common place and make them unaffordable for anyone who's not rich
There will be set limits, and what is wrong with houses being worth more after customized?

What server are you on?
0 0
Score : 123

No thank you

0 0
Score : 34

I would definitely love that!

0 0
Osa-masterz|2013-03-03 19:00:26
danan|2013-02-28 22:05:05
There will be set limits, and what is wrong with houses being worth more after customized?

What server are you on?
Rosal and the problem is only the super rich could afford to buy a house after it's been customized. And that restricts others who aren't super rich from owning a house themselves. I mean it's already a problem now people buying houses they don't need and then reselling them for much more than they're worth. So unless you're telling me you can guarantee they'd be affordable by anyone who wishes to buy a house. I can't support this idea and think it unnecessary.

That's the problem even a small house would triple or more in price and unless some one already owns one. They'd never be able to afford one and that's just wrong, This isn't real life and the kamas are fictional. They aren't going into people's real life bank accounts and aren't hard to come by at that! So being greedy "not saying you are" about making them is pointless. So unless there is a limit to how much they can be customized to keep them affordable by all and not a select few houses are fine the way they are now.

If any one wants to be able to customize their house and sell it. But fails to take the current problem of people buying houses they don't need and reselling them for far too much. I say they're only worried about the kamas they'd make after selling said house and nothing else! Which in other words means being greedy over a fictional currency. Which is both wrong and quite sad to be honest
0 0
Score : 762

I like the idea but people will just buy a house customize sell it and poorer players couldn't have one because every house is done up!

0 0
Respond to this thread