FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Range/Summons Pets/Petsmounts!!!

By Osa-masterz - SUBSCRIBER - March 03, 2013, 19:02:31

Title pretty much explains it self...

We need a range/summons pet or petsmount...

lets see what comes up in the discussion!

0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 27370

The problem with range or summons is that only some classes can use them and usually Ankama tries to give pets that anyone can use. Lots of %power, prospecting, pods and so on.

I think it is telling that they released 70 new trophies and only one gave range, and none gave summons. Doesn't seem to be a direction Ankama wants to pursue.

0 0
Score : 2154

The problem is that it doesn't make much sense for a pet.
What would be the max? Anything above two Range could be too much...so it'd need to be a Soul Eater that eats a LOT of high level stuff.
Summons, maybe +3.

0 0
Score : 7685

Judging by the 2.10 update, the direction they're heading for summons is to have fewer summons that are more powerful. (This is most noticeable in the new versions of Animal Blessing and Knowledge of Dolls, which give smaller +Summon bonuses for a shorter duration now, but most of the actual summoned animals and dolls themselves have been beefed up)

So I wouldn't be surprised if there's no +Summons pet or petsmount. (I'd like to see gear - pets or otherwise - that give bonuses directly to summoned entities themselves, but that's grist for another topic)

0 0
Score : 123

I am still wishing for max 6 summon limit.

0 0
HeVaRiPeIkKo|2013-03-05 07:30:38
There are only two classes that can easily get 6 summons out, and are even given spells to encourage it, therefore there is no need for a cap just to stifle Osas and Sadis from doing what their class is designed to do.

Now if Ankama wanted to power up the summons, or make them manually controllable, then I would see a summon limit as making sense but not before that.
0 0
Score : 8193
Revil-Nunor|2013-03-05 07:34:06
HeVaRiPeIkKo|2013-03-05 07:30:38
There are only two classes that can easily get 6 summons out, and are even given spells to encourage it, therefore there is no need for a cap just to stifle Osas and Sadis from doing what their class is designed to do.

Now if Ankama wanted to power up the summons, or make them manually controllable, then I would see a summon limit as making sense but not before that.
I think Ankama is thinking:

Just picture how long it would take if it was an 8 Vs. Osa perc battle all with max summons... (And if they become more popular than they currently are...) then that would be much more often... .-.

Keep the ideas coming though! Gotta be opptamistic!

-Cato
0 0

Why would Ankama care if a perc fight took 3 or 4 hours? If they would be willing to use that as a reason to change a class that would be pretty lousy.

0 0
Score : 8193
Revil-Nunor|2013-03-06 03:11:52
Why would Ankama care if a perc fight took 3 or 4 hours? If they would be willing to use that as a reason to change a class that would be pretty lousy.
Suppose that has some merit, maybe I was using Ankama logics... And swag forum title, haha. :"D

Edit: mind sharing your story on how that one came about? Props. (Working on an "official unofficial")
0 0
Score : 179

Sorry this is very late but I just recently returned to dofus and was curious how this thread ended up.

Range Mount
The mount would resemble some sort of majestic colorful bird for the +range (Birds fly, so when you are up higher you see alot more)
Must be a Subscriber to equipt, level 100+
Soul Eater pet that eats Tofus or Crows. It would be max +2 range and you would have to beat the tofu or crow dungeon master 50 times to get the stat or a regular crow 1000 times to get +1, maybe 1500 tofus to get +1
(Any more ideas are supported)

Summon Mount
This mount would look like a kangaroo. (I;m thinking how they have their Joeys in the front pouch, like it gives you summons so it needs to have some sort of relation, maybe even like a turtle idk that would be cool... turtles lay eggs...)
Must be a Subscriber to equipt, level 100+
Soul Eater that (If a turtle) eats otamai creatures, 25 dungeon bosses would give you 1 summon. (If a Kangaroo) It would eat Cania creatures. The dungeons in Cania would provide the +1 attribute depending on how many dungeon master souls Ankama feels would suffice.

0 0
Score : -209

If there is already a range and summon dragoturkey, I don't see any reason why a pet, or petsmount version should would make Ankama break any of their policy.

The real question is, is it necessary to add those version when the dragoturkey version is far superior with it's ability to crossbreed with others?

I have an almond dragoturkey that gives initiative, vitality and 2 summonables.
I also have a almond/emerald crossbreed that gives initiative, vitality, 1 summonables and 1mp.

Why would I want a petsmount or pet that would only give +summonables and loses HP everytime it dies?

Now if the thread was suggestion +summonables "trophy", now that would be a more interesting discussion on whether Ankama should consider making tropies that is not useful to all classes... But since there are pushback trophies, which is pretty useless to all class, even more apparent as an abuse with the recent PB formula update, I figure a summon trophy should be implemented.

0 0
Respond to this thread