FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Let spouses use home potions.

By OhGurl May 04, 2013, 08:04:00
DevTracker

Doesn't it make sense that your spouse should be able to use a home potion to go to your house?

0 0
First Ankama intervention

I think that there's enough here to make a decent case to the devs. I've kicked it up to them, we'll see what they think. =)

See message in context
Reactions 62
Score : 27377

Not really, unless you were somehow sharing ownership I don't see how that would work. Dofus doesn't allow cohabitation.

0 0
Score : 6940

Which is stupid, would you get married and not live together?

0 0
Score : 473

Sounds legit.

0 0
Score : 336
OhGurl|2013-05-04 11:05:47
Because you're not supposed to be married, you're supposed to fight. That's how Ankama sees it. Why giving more freedom when it's so much more easier to make limits?
0 -1
OhGurl|2013-05-04 11:05:47
That would be pretty over-the-top role playing.
0 0
Score : 6565

I don't understand why it's being considered such a significant reach to think that married people should be able to share a home to at least some degree. Being allowed to Home Potion to my wife's house would actually be fantastic and would save so much of our time!

0 0
InuzukaKiba|2013-05-04 19:49:34
I don't understand why it's being considered such a significant reach to think that married people should be able to share a home to at least some degree. Being allowed to Home Potion to my wife's house would actually be fantastic and would save so much of our time!
Guild house potions?
0 0
Score : 3544
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-04 20:14:31
Guild house potions?

I use my house just to hang out with close friends. I don't want my guild members randomly appearing in my house.

I don't see why you're so against his suggestion. It's a good one that makes perfect sense. If I have a house, why should I not be allowed to share it?

EDIT: It's not even like spouses can steal from you. House chests use different passwords to the doors. There's not actually any reason that this shouldn't be in the game.
0 0

I am not really for or against it. I just don't see a reason to add it.

0 0
Score : 6565
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-04 20:14:31
Guild house potions?

Which requires the houses to actually be guild houses... Not a really good solution.

For couples that often collaborate on certain projects, or need to make quick drop-offs when the other isn't available, this would be an absolutely wonderful addition. I have a feeling this isn't how you play, in which case I can understand why you don't think is very useful. But coming from someone that would love to quickly be able to warp to the wife's house when need be, this is really something that would be nice.
0 0
Score : 5503

Better idea: Spouse potions.
Home potion + some sort of flower.

0 0
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-04 20:29:13
I am not really for or against it. I just don't see a reason to add it.

Here's a reason: Convenience for spouses. (A reason which has been stated and justified several times)

My boyfriend has complained on several occasions about not being able to log out in, teleport to or easily enter my house. Despite the both of us being married in game.

You may not be married in game, however a lot of players are, myself included. And not everyone wants to make their house a guild house. This is an easy feature to implement, and it makes sense to have it in the game.
0 0
Here's a reason: Convenience for spouses.
You may not be married in game, however a lot of players are, myself included.

This is neither here nor there, but serious players and casual players have very different uses for being married. We marry accounts for teleportation, this is an obsolete function now but for many years it was the easiest way to quickly move 8 accounts to a dungeon or somewhere else on a map.

And at its core, being married stands against what players like myself are all about. We prize efficiency over distractions, and I would have to rate marriage as one of the biggest distractions from productivity in anything you are doing.

I would hold off on being so hasty to call it easy to implement a feature like that, if it was truly so easy it would probably already have been added wouldn't you agree?
0 0
Score : 6940

I think you just need to complain.

If it doesn't affect you, you cannot have a valid opinion.

0 0

If they spend time programming something like this instead of spending those hours on inter-server Kolossium or something like that it would certainly be affecting me.

If it requires a minimal amount of effort to add, then I don't really care because it wouldn't affect me, as you said. But if it turns into a herculean effort and means that time is being taken out of solving issues that affect the game a lot more than a QoL change would, then I think that it is irresponsible to add it.

0 0
Score : 336
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-05 08:47:19
If they spend time programming something like this instead of spending those hours on inter-server Kolossium or something like that it would certainly be affecting me.

If it requires a minimal amount of effort to add, then I don't really care because it wouldn't affect me, as you said. But if it turns into a herculean effort and means that time is being taken out of solving issues that affect the game a lot more than a QoL change would, then I think that it is irresponsible to add it.
From my view, it wouldn't be so hard.
They already have the code. Why not just (raw example) make:

Like now the house potion (could be/is) like this:
If playerownhouse==1
Teleport to house
Else
You do not have a house
Endif

So, for the spouse it could be
if PlayerMarried==1;Ownshouse==1;
Teleport to house of spouse
Else
Warning
endif

Again, this is pure raw data, I know it isn't easy as this, but it shouldn't be that hard to make. Just a simple extra check with the home potion. And as for the potion design, so what? They use more items with the same image.

Spouse Potion

Conditions:
Player must be Married
0 0
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-05 08:47:19

There are different teams working on those.

Look at the list of Ankama employees. _Click here

BillFR and his team would work on the inter-server kolo and Lichen/Kam would work on implementing spouse potions.

Even if it wasn't an easy task, you're coming across as quite selfish..

Revil-Nunor|2013-05-05 06:21:23
This is neither here nor there, but serious players and casual players have very different uses for being married. We marry accounts for teleportation, this is an obsolete function now but for many years it was the easiest way to quickly move 8 accounts to a dungeon or somewhere else on a map.

And at its core, being married stands against what players like myself are all about. We prize efficiency over distractions, and I would have to rate marriage as one of the biggest distractions from productivity in anything you are doing.

I would hold off on being so hasty to call it easy to implement a feature like that, if it was truly so easy it would probably already have been added wouldn't you agree?

You account for maybe 0.01% of players.

And no, just because something isn't in the game doesn't mean it's not easy to implement. Look at the list of features that have made it into the game which the English speaking community has suggested. 1h soulstones, class temple transportation, using emotes in the item spell bar. All of these are pretty simple features.
0 0
Everyone is selfish to some extent, that is human nature.

On the other hand, I don't think that people who are married and need to share houses for collaborative projects is a much bigger percentage of the population than player base than people like me are. And never forget that while some people would legitimately use it for good you can probably find scores more who would just use it as a way to steal.
0 -2
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-05 20:14:57
Everyone is selfish to some extent, that is human nature.

On the other hand, I don't think that people who are married and need to share houses for collaborative projects is a much bigger percentage of the population than player base than people like me are. And never forget that while some people would legitimately use it for good you can probably find scores more who would just use it as a way to steal.

Being selfish in your "There's a SLIGHT chance it might affect me in the smallest way possible, so it shouldn't be implemented" way is not human nature.

And spouse potions wouldn't increase the rate of item theft... Spouses can already enter each other's houses and sift through each other's chests so long as they have the combinations. This would merely be for convenience and transportation.

Also, I'm pretty sure that it's a much bigger percentage. For every spouse/house user there's two people involved. For every end game "I want frigost 3 content and they shouldn't implement any other features" there's but a single person.
0 0
Respond to this thread