FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Let spouses use home potions.

By OhGurl May 04, 2013, 08:04:00
DevTracker
Reactions 62
Score : 27377

If you think trolling me is going to get me to get angry or snap back and allow you to play the victim card then you are quite mistaken.

You like the idea, I don't really care for it. Life goes on.

0 -1
Score : 814
If you think trolling me is going to get me to get angry or snap back and allow you to play the victim card then you are quite mistaken. I see that you are simply reverting to that behavior so I don't see any point in encouraging you on this topic.You like the idea, I don't really care for it. Life goes on.
>implying he/she is trolling

>implying you weren't trying to justify your selfish acts by saying "it's part of human nature"
0 0

I don't care if they add it or not, however if it will require a large amount of effort to add it then I think there are better ways for the development team to spend their time. There are plenty of more pressing matters than need work.

0 0
Click Here

And either way, I think my point stands. If it turns out to be a complicated change, then there are better ways for the development team to spend their time in my eyes.
0 0
Score : 3544
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-05 22:59:55
Click Here

And either way, I think my point stands. If it turns out to be a complicated change, then there are better ways for the development team to spend their time in my eyes.

They already have a roadplan for 2013. They already have their schedule set out and deadlines to meet. Ankama know what they need to do for the next 12 months.

Features like this don't delay patches or consume resources. They're mini projects which are done when there's spare time.
0 0
Score : 336
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-05 20:14:57
use it for good you can probably find scores more who would just use it as a way to steal.

Spouse potions. Which means that you will have to be married before you can use it. If you can't trust your own spouse, then why not just add an another option that says "Allow spouse to teleport with Spouse Potions", problem solved with the idea of your spouse stealing your things.

It is just a few more checks in the code for it to work. Nothing new, just few more checks which are already present in the game.
0 0
Score : -292

Well, I guess the dev team are too busy to program something trivial as spouse teleport. Personally, if we follow relationship logic, spouses should logically be on the same guild so guild teleport should be enough. It is also logical that each married couple owns one house to live together, so it would be conflicting if they both own a house.

Secondly, the dev team have to create a new teleport menu in case each spouse both owns a house? Will they teleport to their own or their spouse's house? Such tedious task for the devs do not cannot be justified by such a trivial reasoning as marriage status. There are other things that are more important for the devs to focus on.

0 0
Score : 11389
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-04 20:29:13
I am not really for or against it. I just don't see a reason to add it.
Quality of life.
1 0
Score : -292
Alyss-Sin|2013-05-06 15:23:29
Quality of life.
I believe Revil-Nunor can express his view better by saying "I just don't see a justification to add it".
Too much work for too trivial of a reason.

I am also not against convenience, but can the dev team accommodate such trivial concern.

+1 for me. But I'm not expecting Ankama to implement this or even make this a high priority list on their improvement plans.
0 0
Score : 3544
Gunnerwolfang|2013-05-06 15:34:41
Alyss-Sin|2013-05-06 15:23:29
Quality of life.
I believe Revil-Nunor can express his view better by saying "I just don't see a justification to add it".
Too much work for too trivial of a reason.

I am also not against convenience, but can the dev team accommodate such trivial concern.

+1 for me. But I'm not expecting Ankama to implement this or even make this a high priority list on their improvement plans.

Why is it too much work?

Graphics? Recolour a house potion, change the text in the name.

Effect? Have spouse's house shown. Spouse potion allows you to teleport to their house. Near identical to the guild house potion, but with some factors changed.

Also, I'm sure Ankama has a critical path. Analyse the critical path and you'll see that there will be instances where the employees have literally nothing to do. It's in those time slots when changes like this are worked on.

Also, no, spouses are not generally in the same guild. I'm not in the same guild as my boyfriend for one, simply because we both have different preferences.

There is reasoning to add this in. It's been justified and people in this thread have shown they would use it. The only people who disagree are the ones who either aren't married, don't own a house or don't enjoy the game outside of completing end game content.
0 0
Score : 6565

Why wouldn't the dev team have time to do something like this? This kind of thing would be designed by a portion of the dev team dedicated to stuff like improving houses/paddocks, creating new teleportation items, and new zaaps, and stuff like that. The same team that created the Almanax Temple potion, despite the temple being two tiles away from a zaap that's centrally located (cheap to use, unlike Bonta and Brakmar).

It's not like adding nice little quality-of-life improvements to the game takes away from class balancing. That's not how it works.

0 0
Score : 6940

I can't believe such a simple suggestion created such a stir.

And anybody who thinks this would be something complicated to do has obviously never written any code.

But that's neither here nor there. No matter what any of us think, this is the suggestions box.

They will (I assume) read my suggestion and judge it on it's merits as they see fit.

Honestly, I think an email account for suggestions would be better, based on all the drama I created with this simple idea which would in no way negatively impact anybody.

0 0

I think that there's enough here to make a decent case to the devs. I've kicked it up to them, we'll see what they think. =)

Score : 336
Izmar|2013-05-07 10:20:16
I think that there's enough here to make a decent case to the devs. I've kicked it up to them, we'll see what they think. =)

How about this for the potion design?
0 0
-DragonMusic-|2013-05-08 13:26:43

Nice! I'm adding that to the feature request! =D
Score : 197
Izmar|2013-05-13 09:35:16

FINALLY some reasoning in this thread.
As stated earlier, spouses aren't always in the same guild. Your spouse may have a tailor workshop in their house you want to use or you may want to share the storage.
Seriously, reading the negative replies in this thread disgust me. A harmless feature kicked around as if it were going to destroy the game.
Just because you don't like something, don't go out of your way to step on it because it's the same as purposely stepping in dog crap.
That's the end of my rant, +1 in support of this feature.
0 0
Nailcok|2013-05-14 15:27:20

As stated earlier, spouses aren't always in the same guild. Your spouse may have a tailor workshop in their house you want to use or you may want to share the storage.
Seriously, reading the negative replies in this thread disgust me. A harmless feature kicked around as if it were going to destroy the game.
Just because you don't like something, don't go out of your way to step on it because it's the same as purposely stepping in dog crap.

That's a fine point. =)

On one hand, development time is not unlimited. The developers definitely have to set priorities, and they do regularly need to delay completion of certain features in order to finish other projects by a certain date. Due to this is a fact of life, it's useful to know if people can see ways that a suggested feature would literally be detrimental or destructive to the game so we can avoid unnecessary expenditures of time and work. However, on the other hand, if there's technical limitations or a lack of development time, the developers will definitely let me know when I forward the suggestion.

It's ok to point out problems that might arise from a particular suggestion, but it's also ok to wait for the devs to make the final decision about whether they have the time and resources to create a certain feature. If a feature would be useful or improve gameplay without being destructive, it usually doesn't hurt to ask. Even if we can't do it now, if the idea is really a good one, we might be able to do it in the future. =)
Score : 5503
Izmar|2013-05-14 16:09:39
Nailcok|2013-05-14 15:27:20

That's a fine point. =)

On one hand, development time is not unlimited. The developers definitely have to set priorities, and they do regularly need to delay completion of certain features in order to finish other projects by a certain date. Due to this is a fact of life, it's useful to know if people can see ways that a suggested feature would literally be detrimental or destructive to the game so we can avoid unnecessary expenditures of time and work. However, on the other hand, if there's technical limitations or a lack of development time, the developers will definitely let me know when I forward the suggestion.

It's ok to point out problems that might arise from a particular suggestion, but it's also ok to wait for the devs to make the final decision about whether they have the time and resources to create a certain feature. If a feature would be useful or improve gameplay without being destructive, it usually doesn't hurt to ask. Even if we can't do it now, if the idea is really a good one, we might be able to do it in the future. =)
No no I understand that, I was aiming the rant at the grumpy people in the thread. I'd rather something be professionally looked at instead of the team just diving in heads first like a lot of other MMOs do.
Thanks.
Edit: Nailcok is my alt account, guess I accidentally logged out but meh.
P.S. I swear to God his name was an awful and deadly typo for Nailock.
0 0
Score : 1754

Whoosh !

0 0
Score : 1214

Love the idea of "Spouse Potion", and as a Flash (ActionScript) programmer myself, I know this can be taken care of with relative ease.

And since we're at the topic; how about a Title/Ornament for "Just Married", let's say for one month...?
Optional, of course, hehe... * wink wink *

0 0
Respond to this thread