FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why can't candy be eaten during the preparation phase of a fight?

By Mishna May 10, 2013, 23:41:29

I have a bad tendency to start a fight and then realize I've forgotten to pop that tasty Formative candy into my mouth. I don't see any reason why there would be a restriction on eating candy during the preparation phase of the fight. Does anyone know why we have this restriction in the first place, and if it will ever be fixed?

0 0
Reactions 22
Score : 1602

I find this very annoying as well and definitely think that this should be changed. Also I think you should be able to target bread in the preparation phase as occasionally you get into a Kolo fight with a team member who is not fully healed and doesn't have any bread which effectively loses you the fight. And also I cannot see what is wrong with being able to at all.

--Ex--

0 0
Score : 3056

Both of these... YES. Maybe this topic would fit better in the suggestions forum, though.

0 0
Score : 15685
AestheticAwesomeness|2013-05-11 00:32:01
Both of these... YES. Maybe this topic would fit better in the suggestions forum, though.

Oops yeah... Didn't notice that I had made this topic in the wrong forum. Glad to see you guys agree.
0 0
Score : 1305

Funny you should mention it. I was doing Dragon Pig yesterday and I forgot to use a PP candy in the last room. Bummer that I forgot to use it before the fight. It is kind of silly.

0 0
Score : 1389

Well yeah.. what can I say.. I agree.. It should be possible.. It's "preparing" for the fight anyway...

0 0
Score : 2

I think it's because you CAN'T change your stats in preparation phase, similar to raise stats when you leveled up. That was possible some time ago.

0 0
Score : 6187

i'd like it to be changed but I get the reason why its not.

I think the reason might be because say for instance in kolo, your waiting for a fight and when you get one its a stupidily unfair one. You wouldn't use it, but if you think you could win, you'd use it in the preparation. I don't think ankama want us to have that kind of power.

do I agree with it? No of course not, i would love to use them in preps, it would encourage a lot more people to try and get them too. but i think thats the reason why. They don't want someone just suddenly adding 100 str/int or whatever just because you get into a fight you could win. they probably see that as an abuse of power. They want to make you use it before you know the outcome of what the teams will be.

before kolo it was that stupid head hunter thing which in ankamas mind was probably even more overpowered etc.

Hope that makes sense. To stress though, I hate the fact you can't use them in prep.

0 0
Score : 1119

I agree, I'd like to be able to target bread to allies, and use candies both during the prep phase of a fight.

0 0
Score : 3859

I agree that this would be a good idea only as far as pvm is concerned. I think the restriction should remain for the kolo however

0 0
Score : 1305

Agreed. As clarkymark pointed out, some people would abuse it to hell and back if there wasn't a restriction for doing it in PvP. Certain classes using a 500 initiative candy (or other stat raising ones for that matter) before a PvP fight? Hold the mayo, please and thank you. tongue 

0 0
Score : 6697

You can change your gear during the fight, you should also be able to eat some food, and share it with teammates.

EDIT: But you cannot invest spell or characteristic points.

0 0
demonfoxassassin|2013-05-17 00:57:17
Agreed. As clarkymark pointed out, some people would abuse it to hell and back if there wasn't a restriction for doing it in PvP. Certain classes using a 500 initiative candy (or other stat raising ones for that matter) before a PvP fight? Hold the mayo, please and thank you. tongue

Why not? If you start a PvP fight like a perceptor battle and are at a disadvantage and realize that there is no possible way to out init your opponent using your current gear but you have a +500 init candy why can't you just go ahead and eat it to out init them? I don't see that as unfair or abuse in any way. Your opponent had a candy and you didn't, or conversely you had a candy and they didn't.

Remember that your opponent can do the same thing. It is a two way street, so if you can eat a candy during the prep to out initiative your opponent they can do the same to out initiative you as well.
0 0
Score : 3859
Mishna|2013-05-29 00:09:35
demonfoxassassin|2013-05-17 00:57:17

Why not? If you start a PvP fight like a perceptor battle and are at a disadvantage and realize that there is no possible way to out init your opponent using your current gear but you have a +500 init candy why can't you just go ahead and eat it to out init them? I don't see that as unfair or abuse in any way. Your opponent had a candy and you didn't, or conversely you had a candy and they didn't.

Remember that your opponent can do the same thing. It is a two way street, so if you can eat a candy during the prep to out initiative your opponent they can do the same to out initiative you as well.
One question would the current limitations regarding candies still apply? If not then who ever is able to eat the most candies during the prep phase. Would have the advantage and that's too random a thing for implementation. If they would then it'd be pointless unless you know for sure you'd get and keep the advantage. Even after your opponent has eaten whatever the candy maybe in this case a 500 initiative candy! If they have one and using one hoping to get the advantage will not always payoff!
0 0
Score : 2709

This is a great idea. If Ankama won't agree to using bread or candies before or I during fights, then they should make a new spell which you can learn via a scroll which allows you - for the cost of 1AP - to cast it and use a bread on yourself or on your teammate.

There would have to be restrictions however. 2 casts per target and 4 casts per turn. I also think the range should be 0-4, non-boostable.

I also think they should make a new dungeon called "Candy Cave", in which the monsters are a pretty high level (recommended you be 120+). The boss could be called Candy Man (a superhero with super powers made of candy :3). Also have any of you played Kid Icarus: Uprising? Well a monster from that should be in there. A massive cupcake which gives high rewards. OHOHOH! There should also be a hidden room which gives you a new emote. The Candy Lick emote where you lick a some candy. And in another room the "Bread throwing" emote. Which, you guessed it, gives the aesthetic pleasure of you throwing a bread. How amazing!!

If you hadn't guessed, this all came to me in a dream where I was playing Kid Icarus but the massive cake thing jumped out and swallowed me hole. I went to the candy cave etc etc blah blah blah.

I honestly don't mind if any of you disagree with me. After all this was all a mad cacophonie dreamed when I had cheese, candy and listened to "The Candy Man Can" on the radio the night before. I've probably gone right off of topic. Good day.

2 0
Score : 24
chaotichazz|2013-05-29 12:55:17
This is a great idea. If Ankama won't agree to using bread or candies before or I during fights, then they should make a new spell which you can learn via a scroll which allows you - for the cost of 1AP - to cast it and use a bread on yourself or on your teammate.

There would have to be restrictions however. 2 casts per target and 4 casts per turn. I also think the range should be 0-4, non-boostable.

I also think they should make a new dungeon called "Candy Cave", in which the monsters are a pretty high level (recommended you be 120+). The boss could be called Candy Man (a superhero with super powers made of candy :3). Also have any of you played Kid Icarus: Uprising? Well a monster from that should be in there. A massive cupcake which gives high rewards. OHOHOH! There should also be a hidden room which gives you a new emote. The Candy Lick emote where you lick a some candy. And in another room the "Bread throwing" emote. Which, you guessed it, gives the aesthetic pleasure of you throwing a bread. How amazing!!

If you hadn't guessed, this all came to me in a dream where I was playing Kid Icarus but the massive cake thing jumped out and swallowed me hole. I went to the candy cave etc etc blah blah blah.

I honestly don't mind if any of you disagree with me. After all this was all a mad cacophonie dreamed when I had cheese, candy and listened to "The Candy Man Can" on the radio the night before. I've probably gone right off of topic. Good day.
This is pretty epic, I wouldnt mind this at all XD
0 0
chaotichazz|2013-05-29 12:55:17

Haha sounds epic! We already have the Gellith dimension that is accessed via eating some candy. Perhaps it should be related to that, maybe a different candy teleports you to the candy dungeon. Sounds funny and cute. smile 
0 0
Score : 725

I think the actual reason is because when you Agro someone (aligements) you can see who starts the fight, if you dont start the fight you would just use a ini candy, and same for pvm bosses, if the order isnt right or something, and you reaaalllyy wanna start before a boss or something, then a ini candy could again save your life.

0 0
dovusplaier|2013-06-02 04:48:46
I think the actual reason is because when you Agro someone (aligements) you can see who starts the fight, if you dont start the fight you would just use a ini candy, and same for pvm bosses, if the order isnt right or something, and you reaaalllyy wanna start before a boss or something, then a ini candy could again save your life.

Yeah the thing is I don't see anything wrong with that. If eating a candy can save your life, or fix a messed up order then why not do it? I mean you can already do this with sets. Nearly every good endgame character has some alternate equips with more initiative, etc that they can use to get an advantage during the prep phase of a fight.. I see no reason why there should be any limitations on using a candy to get an advantage, if you can already use a set to get an advantage.
0 0
Score : 336

Why not just use a restriction such as Breads only during Preparation phase of the fight, nothing that can be abused.

0 0
Respond to this thread