By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Preventing People Who Do Not Speak English From Shika

By August 27, 2007, 01:47:32
Reactions 40
Score : 1192

yes but lol they can just make a new char and copy hte same ol vend kamas link i say to them GO VEND UR KAMAS SOME WERE ELSE LOL it makes me angry and they do this *-* as if they dont even like htere lil vendkamas job

twiggy

0 0
Score : 86
Citation
shaodwish :

I'm Asian=P

I really hope they don't ban all those non-UK players....

I hope so too... or I would have to move back to Rosal XD

I'm chilean (spanish), so I guess ya can concider me bilingual or whatever XD. Anyway, I would hate to be kicked out of Shika just because we aren't UK (even though it's an UK server).
However, I do agree that us, foreign language speakers, speak in english while trading, recruiting, etc. In the other hand, I don't think talking in "All" chat in our language with friends is too worrying, as long as we don't bother anyone XD (or start spamming things)

just my 2 cents smile
0 0
Score : 629

twigletman: they can and they do, they just keep on creating new accounts every freaking day!
Personally, I just "ignore them for this session". There is no point adding them to the enemy list as their account will have changed.
Unless you want to acquire a list of hundreds of account names, I suppose :-P

0 0
Score : 9713
Citation
fibojo :
seriously, wishdragon, that won't really work unless there is a slave in Ankama tied to a machine to answer those tickets 24/7 ;-)

I've been doing a bit of bot spotting lately (a good month, in fact), and they don't reuse accounts, they don't reuse character names,
they just create them as needed, everyday. This include hordes of "farmer bots" (I'm sorry but if those are players, something is
seriously wrong with them). I don't know who's doing the accounts database management, btw, but with the amount of useless accounts
those people create, you must have quite a mess in your database :-S

There would be ways to at least flag them, so that an admin can quickly spot them rather than run around to find them, but I guess
there are more pressing matters for you guys at the moment? No worries, when the aggro system is in place, I'm sure I won't be the only
one running around killing bots tongue

It can be helpful to report them, as each bot killed can help improve Ankama's bot IP mask/ban. In my experience, Anakama does work on counter-measures for these guys - the filtering system will screen out normally typed web kama-selling addresses, the internal system that tries to detect bots, etc. Right now, we're in a place where the counter-measures haven't caught up yet.

But I'm sure they're working on something.

=Wish=
0 0
Score : 1407
Citation
Wishdragon :

I still think the best option is to let the players help out. If a game person gets 20 "ignore for this session" that person gets a 5 minute mute. If they then get another 20 ignores, give them a 15 minute mute. Anotehr 20 gets a 1 hour mute. Another 20 gets a day mute. More gets a ban.

Vary the numbers as appropriate, but it's the players who can police the system on behalf of Ankama. We're the ones in there day in, day out. It'll soon get rid of the kama sellers. Farmers bots are another issue.
0 0
Score : 629

I'm 200% with Tallarasia on that one.
Ankama staff simply cannot be up 24/7, whereas we players are...
it would be quite a shame not to use those of us who are willing to help.
I completely agree with Tallarasia's suggestion.

Even if it can be abused, an admin could simply take a look at the people who got ignored repeatedly
during the day or night (while the US/Brazilian players are online but Ankama's staff sleep)
and have their work cut for them...

I imagine at the moment the ignore functionality is client-side only,
but it's not hard to imagine this could be implemented in a future release.

In fact, I discovered by chance a command that seemed to have been designed just for this purpose, but apparently it's not implemented :-S

0 0
Citation
TallarasiaTheWhite :
Citation
Wishdragon :

I still think the best option is to let the players help out. If a game person gets 20 "ignore for this session" that person gets a 5 minute mute. If they then get another 20 ignores, give them a 15 minute mute. Anotehr 20 gets a 1 hour mute. Another 20 gets a day mute. More gets a ban.

Vary the numbers as appropriate, but it's the players who can police the system on behalf of Ankama. We're the ones in there day in, day out. It'll soon get rid of the kama sellers. Farmers bots are another issue.

I'm very sorry to say this, but this seems to me like a system that would be incredibly easy to abuse. One medium-sized guild's worth of characters could easily ban their enemies every day. Not to mention that kama sellers themselves could use this proposed mechanism to get rid of people who are harassing them (they've already got twenty accounts or so, just create five characters on each one, and bam - that guy aggroing bots gets banned). It's easy enough to say that the admin could check up on this, but considering how horrible this could be for someone who is being griefed, it's more likely to cause people to quit from frustration before the admin are able to protect them (which would also require quite a lot of monitoring of logs, really). Remember that Ankama doesn't keep weekend support hours, so that's two solid days where no one would be watching the logs.

I know that it's frustrating not to have a way to directly reach out and "smite" someone who is doing wrong, but I think that raw-number-player-based solutions are much too easily used for evil... I think the best way to do it would be invisibly. Once a character gets a certain number of ignores, their account activity and IP is automatically flagged for a special monitoring log for the next 24 hours. That way, if someone's being a consistant spammer/kama seller/botter, there's a nice record for the devs - no screenshots required. But if it's one-time thing, no reason for banning.

=Wish=
0 0
Score : 26

Botters don't want to deal with all the hassle of joining an alignment so i think they would all stay neutral. Now imagine trying to agress every bot in sight. That = a lot of Disgrace points. I'm pretty sure no one would get disgrace points on purpose.

Citation
loremaster :
i could add a big d'ohhh to this topic.....but realy now...it quite clear why they play on this server: cuz its f2p...now the fee for being isnt so big i subcribed for 3 months alotugh my main is on shika but some ppl are either too cheap or dont have the metods of payment and theyre p[arents dont want to get them credit cards or let them use theirs....and i have to agree with tach its realy annoiyng with the whole w8ting thing...they should be noted as f2p and us the p2p should have priority in accesing dofus

I'm f2p. I started on Shika before it became the server where everything is free. I didn't mind not being able to use pets (like the ginger meowette). i only came here for 2 reasons;1: it seemed that the French were invading the International servers (no offense). 2: I was a low-level in a high-level server. In all the games they say to start on a newer server is better. I really only came here so i would start on an even playing surface. I don't think the Shika server became f2p till near the end of episode 1.
0 0
Score : 218

If u dont speak english on a english server, u dont deserve to play.
Shinro

0 0
Score : 2350
Citation
Wishdragon :
Guys, you can report the kama sellers to support.dofus.com and they will be banned. Type /whois sellername, take a screenshot of them selling with that information in the chat, and attach it to a ticket.

=Wish=

I go to support.dofus.com and a page comes up (Online Support).
What do i do next? You get 4 options...

I've got a screenshot of someone selling/vending kama, and they constantly spamming the chat box and i want them reported!
0 0
Citation
ChaoticSerenity :

I go to support.dofus.com and a page comes up (Online Support).
What do i do next? You get 4 options...

I've got a screenshot of someone selling/vending kama, and they constantly spamming the chat box and i want them reported!

I use the Account Access/Stolen Account option. smile

=Wish=
0 0
Score : 166

Well, wouldn't it be preferable to all to simply have a button which is marked report when you click on a player, when you do, it comes up with..

Account namesadAlready filled out)
User namesadAlready filled out)
Crime/Offense : (Chosen from Kama-farming, hacking, selling character, list goes on...)
Notes:
Link to Screenshot: (Optional)
And then it takes a screen shot and a copy of your chat log.
This means we don't have the extra effort of going to a site to fill it out, which may put some people off.

0 0
Score : 600

I've played another game were it wouldn't allow you to say the same message more than three times a minute it your give you some silly message like "cannot speak that your voice is to horse from your last effort" and they would be subsequently not let them say anything more for a minute or so. This would also take care of the people spamming the bank.

"by gob horn 100k/ mosq wng 150k"

You get the point.

0 0
Score : 1884

this is where ppl get smart and do
"buy moskito wings @ 10 kamas each"
"buy moskito wings @ 10 kamas each!!"
"buy moskito wings @ 10 kamas each"
"buy moskito wings @ 10 kamas each!"

theyre getting smart
and even more annoying >sad <(annoyed face)

0 0
Score : 1661

I beleive most of the people will fail the test anyway.

0 0
Score : 5

^^ im a malaysian ( no im not malay, im chinese )

Eoiqa / Gzeoxz

0 0
Score : 1889
Citation
tachyzozo :
thing is, the Shika server is meant to be a dedicated UK server ( http://ladder.dofus.co.uk/serverstatus ) <- community Uk, it is just frustrating when you try to log in and are told that there are too many connections i am a P2P user and get a little cross when i can not access the UK server because it is getting heavy traffic from non UK areas.

Can you see my point? I have nothing against anyone, and certainly do not wish to "start" anything, If the "dedicated" UK server is infact NOT UK only then it should be reworded as it is misleading.

Today i have been unable to log in as it says there are too many connections

never thought of it like that, i heartedly agree, its not fair when we try to log in to our British server, and we are not allowed because of all the kama sellers, people from other countries speaking english ===__when it suits them, not us. please stop all these bots and spammers from other countries, its exceptionally annoying
0 0
Score : 2443

International/English language server could use:

But I agree, Shika is the UK server, not just another international english.
0 0
Score : 2350

Im getting really annoyed at people who can't speak English now!
You add someone to your group and all they say is "jksd nskb idnbfg ion?" and your really confused.
This is a server for the UK, right? It should only have people who can speak english, plus all they do now is spam the chat box!

They should either shut up or join a different server!

0 0
Score : 4746
Citation
soothsayer :
Citation
tachyzozo :
thing is, the Shika server is meant to be a dedicated UK server ( http://ladder.dofus.co.uk/serverstatus ) <- community UK, it is just frustrating when you try to log in and are told that there are too many connections i am a P2P user and get a little cross when i can not access the UK server because it is getting heavy traffic from non UK areas.

Can you see my point? I have nothing against anyone, and certainly do not wish to "start" anything, If the "dedicated" UK server is in-fact NOT UK only then it should be reworded as it is misleading.

Today i have been unable to log in as it says there are too many connections

If you look at the stats on the servers you will see that Shika population is the lowest of all. The problem is that Dofus uses log-on servers connected to the French and everyone else. So you have to wait for them to log on first then the rest of us are allowed. Seems fair doesn't it? If the log-on server was set up to log on only Shika players then there would be no problem. Except you might not be able to access Rusha or other servers easily or at all. Check the timing of your log-on and see what other communities are coming on at that time and you will see that i am right. Also surely Dofus can afford to pay for weekend support as for the last two weekends the hoster they are using also takes off for lunch the whole weekend. If your customers are up and playing you should also be up and working to keep them happy.

BB
0 0
Respond to this thread