FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Lowering of Crocodyl's Water Resist

By demonfoxassassin#2001 - SUBSCRIBER - October 27, 2013, 17:34:12

Is there a possibility of reducing their Water resistances (even a slight amount will help)? As a person who is on the last 20 levels of Hunter, I find this to be very disappointing with the Water Resists it currently has.

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 7514

Try Giddy Pandikazes in the Pandikaze dungeon. 90% resist to everything, -200% to agi. Try doing it with a feca and an enu, it's bloody horrible :L

0 0
Score : 285

Do not hunt monsters with resistance to your build. If you must, then bring other players who are build to hunt them.

0 0
Score : 1328
xzaosllama3|2013-10-27 17:48:16
Try Giddy Pandikazes in the Pandikaze dungeon. 90% resist to everything, -200% to agi. Try doing it with a feca and an enu, it's bloody horrible :L
I have done it on my Feca alone once. Took me over an hour to get through the entire dungeon because of that and the room with the Pandikaze Warriors. And it was with the Release that pushed only 1 cell back at level 1 (which was the level of my Release at that time). wink

Gunnerwolfang|2013-10-27 17:55:33
Do not hunt monsters with resistance to your build. If you must, then bring other players who are build to hunt them.
Why should a person who prefers to play solo be limited to fighting Kanigers as a source of Profession XP? Kanigers might have Earth and Fire Resistance, but it isn't as silly as what Crocodyls (and the Chiefs for that matter) have.

I'm not asking for like 40% Water Resistance to be shaved off (it'd be nice though tongue). I'm asking for between 10-20% to be shaved off. It would still have high water resists, just not to the point where you feel like you're not doing any form of damage at all.
0 0
Score : 3877
demonfoxassassin|2013-10-27 17:34:12
Is there a possibility of reducing their Water resistances (even a slight amount will help)? As a person who is on the last 20 levels of Hunter, I find this to be very disappointing with the Water Resists it currently has.

I don't think that's needed and I've two level 100 hunters both are sacriers that are chance/agi. So I know the pain you feel about their water resistance being so high. But it doesn't make that big a difference it just makes that fights longer. Besides kanigers are much easier for you to kill and can be found in bigger mobs than crocs! I haven't hunted crocs for a while now due to the mobs containing more mushes than crocs. So you're actually better off fighting kanigers because you'll get way more meat from kanigers than you will from crocs! Plus you'll also get salad and biblop blubber if the mobs contain blops allowing you to collect some needed ingredients for preserving and cooking the meat at the same time. Then there's the muzzle** you'll also get that's four different things from hunting kanigers making them the better use of your time as a hunter than crocs are!
0 0
Score : 6772

It is intentional that hunter drop rates on crocodyl meat is "balanced" with kaniger drop rates on meat. However, if you have a nice team with pushback damage such as an iop, then you can drop far more croc meat than kani meat. Soloing hunter is painstaking anyway; bringing along 7 alts who are hunter level 80 is a feat only I have accomplished on the Zatoishwan server, and it took a couple weeks of grinding various mobs which I never again want to fight, particularly gobballs and wabbits. With an iop, you can solo crocs casually. Sacriers are not the way to go, enutrofs are not the way to go -- your best bet is to either gear your main with str gear and hit it with neutral damage (equip your characters with linear neutral bulwark resistance trophies to bring the croc neutral damages like their "wind" fart spell to 0) or get an alt str/pushback damage ecaflip or any build of iop. Str/pushback iops can handle crocs like a cra fighting tofus.

0 0
Score : 5670

When I was playing as a Strength Enu, I had no difficulty at all farming Crocodyl meat with my area-effect Mound spell. And that was as a solo-accounter. I just ran the swamps from top to bottom (it's easy to memorize the path after a few times, lol) and came out with ~200 units of Croco meat after an hour. It's not as much as you'll get with a team of eight hunters, but it was still plenty enough to make an awesome income on the Butchers' market.

As for the OP's complaint about Crocodyls' water resistances: There's nothing to be done about it. Being a Chance-built Hunter is great for drops, but the trade-off is that you'll occasionally encounter prey with strong water resistances. Kanigers are annoying, but the truth is that you'll make better time against them than you will against Crocs.

0 0
Respond to this thread