By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Linking Items to Account

By kludd - SUBSCRIBER - December 07, 2013, 09:28:50

Well, after learning Dofus's won't be linked to the account I was rather happy but slightly bummed out since the only reason I liked the idea of them being linked is so that if I were to get hacked, some of the best items wouldn't be able to get stolen.
So, I thought it'd be a cool idea if you could select any item and link it to your account... I have no idea what process should be used to do it, like maybe just right click an item and there's the option or something more complex. But in order to unlink the item from your account you would have to enter the answer to your secret question or maybe it could send a text message with a code to your phone.This way if you have really awesome items or a final set you don't plan on changing anytime soon, you could just link them to your account and not worry about them being stolen.

Now this is coming from someone who got hacked in the past while using ankama shield (probably through a keylogger) by the person also getting my email login/pass. Of course I've taken steps to make my accounts extra secure now, but as far as I'm concerned you can't really be too safe.

6 0
Reactions 11
Score : 844
kludd|2013-12-07 09:28:50
Well, after learning Dofus's won't be linked to the account I was rather happy but slightly bummed out since the only reason I liked the idea of them being linked is so that if I were to get hacked, some of the best items wouldn't be able to get stolen.
So, I thought it'd be a cool idea if you could select any item and link it to your account... I have no idea what process should be used to do it, like maybe just right click an item and there's the option or something more complex. But in order to unlink the item from your account you would have to enter the answer to your secret question or maybe it could send a text message with a code to your phone.This way if you have really awesome items or a final set you don't plan on changing anytime soon, you could just link them to your account and not worry about them being stolen.

Now this is coming from someone who got hacked in the past while using ankama shield (probably through a keylogger) by the person also getting my email login/pass. Of course I've taken steps to make my accounts extra secure now, but as far as I'm concerned you can't really be too safe.
+1
1 0
Score : 206

While it is nice to have additional security feature on, I don't see how would hacker succesfully haxxz0r your password, but won't be able to hack through a secret answer.

0 0
Score : 1212

Why not have a lock option that locks any item to your account, where the only way to unbind it would be to click it again which would trigger a 3 day cooldown or something, where the lock will be taken off in that amount of time.

That way if you log on and see your locks are off, you have ample time to change your security details, and relock your items.

0 0
Score : 27367

This would be a pretty useful feature, and one I would use as well.

0 0
Score : 15603

Nice idea! I love the unlock cooldown approach, especially if it did something like send an email to you to make sure you knew that the items had been unlocked, just in case you don't notice because you don't open your inventory and mouse over your equipment every time you play.

I have Ankama Shield on and don't account share but I'd still love that extra security of knowing that my valuable dofuses and exomages can't be traded.

1 0
Score : 1510

I've been hacked a lot and when i was a kid i used to be a dumb ass and steal peoples shit. I regret doing it and i wish i could link my items to my account.  

0 0
Score : 3007

I would rather wish a rule that no one may pass on his access data.

0 0
Score : 25687

Make every player pinkie swear that they would not steal? Then ask them nicely with a thick dose of "Pretty Please!". I'm sure noone will ever steal anything from anyone anymore.

Or not...

0 0
Score : 1322

Be nice to have a permanent link option  to where it's linked to you're account permanently, so you can still  transfer the items between characters on accounts but everything is safe~

0 0
Score : -7294

Well, let's be honest about it: a big % of drama on this game comes from "hacking" ( read, "shared accounts").

Let's hypothetically assume that we do get a locking feature.
I lock my items, then I can not log for some days/ weeks, cuz either I have lost interest in the game (temporarily or permanently), I go on holiday, my laptop breaks, or my internet doesn't work, etc etc etc.
My friend/s with whom I hypothetically share accounts might grab this precise time frame to unlock my items, with cool down or not on the unlocking to be performed.

They're a few easy ways "not to get hacked":
- do NOT share accounts;
- do NOT click on random links you see on chat, especially if someone is promising you an easy kamas/ items profit from just clicking on a random link and do paste your Dofus passwords there;
- do NOT use your account name and password on any site or program, none at all, except those belonging to Ankama.

1 0
Score : 2992

I think this is a great idea, if not because of the risk of hacking then certainly because of the risk of temporary brain failure (for example accidentally clicking transfer all when you intended to click transfer visible or something like that, and not noticing before it's too late).

1 0
Respond to this thread