FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New spell for Srams

By n0ak - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - December 30, 2013, 00:25:40

It would replace Chakra Impulse.

Clockwork Raisin

Long range, LoS, castable up to 3 times / turn (on level 6), 1 ap cost, does not break invisibility, single cell effect (no AoE)

The spell can be used in 2 ways:
1) It would reduce the area of large traps (but only created by said sram): If thrown at any cell affected by a AoE trap (except for the central cell), it 'clears' given cell. This way, Sram can potentially exclude his allies from the range of a larger trap or even create a safe route for ally to approach the enemy without triggering the trap. Alternatively, it could be used to reduce the range of tricky and repelling trap, making trap chains more precise and less likely to be triggered by accident (for a few ap)
2) If thrown at an invisible object/enemy, it becomes visible. Since you can throw only up to 3 of those per turn, you have to have tons of luck or a pretty good idea of where the enemy might be hiding to make a good use of it.

I believe that this spell would be a welcome addition for any cunning Sram and would fit the class role pretty well at the same time.

As a side note, if devs planned to expand Srams' tactical potential, it could gain an additional, third effect, for example 1 damage in 3 elements to summons, or -1 range (1 turn) for the target.

1 0
Reactions 9
Score : 1856

I like this idea very much; as Ecaflip's just lost their critical hit spell, I feel the replacement of chakra impulse is in the right direction.

+1

EDIT: However, the second ability is not in line with what Ankama wants, being your own class' foil. Srams should not be able to reveal invisible objects.

0 0
Score : 1777
However, the second ability is not in line with what Ankama wants, being your own class' foil. Srams should not be able to reveal invisible objects.
First I was considering the spell to be able to limit or deactivate enemy traps (if cast on central cell), but exactly for that reason I thought that it would be OP.

I think that would not make Sram Sram's worst enemy, simply because the spell is very limited. It would reveal the enemy only if he were to act in a very predictable manner. Now, showing enemy traps is a different matter, here it could be OP. Why not make it only show the trap if cast on it's central cell?

And if that is still OP, I'd like to hear your suggestions as to what the second effect could be, since the spell is still pretty 'blank'

Thank you for responding
0 0
Score : 7685

Just confused on the name of the spell. What do Srams - stealthy assassins and sneak thieves - have to do with clockwork devices or raisins?

0 0
Score : 77

Wasn't there a principle like " a class shouldn't be it's own counter-class" ? Osamodas' lost their whip spell because of this. And if ankama is following a principle like that, a sram should not be able to make other srams visible.

0 0
n0ak|2013-12-30 08:30:34
First I was considering the spell to be able to limit or deactivate enemy traps (if cast on central cell), but exactly for that reason I thought that it would be OP.

I think that would not make Sram Sram's worst enemy, simply because the spell is very limited. It would reveal the enemy only if he were to act in a very predictable manner. Now, showing enemy traps is a different matter, here it could be OP. Why not make it only show the trap if cast on it's central cell?

And if that is still OP, I'd like to hear your suggestions as to what the second effect could be, since the spell is still pretty 'blank'

Thank you for responding
It's not overpowered, not by all means. You need extreme precision and skill to use it; the second ability, that is. But it's still not in the direction Ankama wants.

I thought it didn't need a second ability but if I must suggest something, here goes:
If you successfully cast it on an enemy, that enemy becomes unable to see any invisible object/player from his point of view. I think this is more related to the first ability.
0 0
Score : 6151
LaughinGhost|2013-12-30 14:45:54
n0ak|2013-12-30 08:30:34

Thank you for responding
It's not overpowered, not by all means. You need extreme precision and skill to use it; the second ability, that is. But it's still not in the direction Ankama wants.

I thought it didn't need a second ability but if I must suggest something, here goes:
If you successfully cast it on an enemy, that enemy becomes unable to see any invisible object/player from his point of view. I think this is more related to the first ability.
And way more overpowered. Detection is supposed to be sram's weakness. If a sram can block detection, it is like having no weakness at all. It's like giving enis a spell that makes their erosion 0%. And if ankama won't do it for enis, they won't do this for srams. Besides, it is pretty easy to keep yourself invisible today...
0 0
Lynn-Reiginleif|2013-12-30 22:44:37
And way more overpowered. Detection is supposed to be sram's weakness. If a sram can block detection, it is like having no weakness at all. It's like giving enis a spell that makes their erosion 0%. And if ankama won't do it for enis, they won't do this for srams. Besides, it is pretty easy to keep yourself invisible today...
Oh true. Yeah I don't know. Perhaps,

When cast on enemies, they take +25% erosion from trap damage for one turn.
0 0
Score : 606

I'd just like to have Chakra Impulse turned into another fire trap. This way all of the three builds would have two traps for their respective element.

My suggestion: Keep its current effect but perhaps make the trap have an area of effect similar to Trap of Silence.

Edit: Forgot that the strength build would still have three traps.

0 0
Score : 179

I think that respectfully classes should be their own counter class, so whip shouldnt have been changed. This spell would be interesting and might cause me to make a sram if it is ever implemented. But for now I will just play around with my krobax...

0 0
Respond to this thread