FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Ways To Dammage (Please Read)

By Osa-masterz - SUBSCRIBER - January 05, 2014, 01:58:45

So as we all know, Strength partners well with neutral attacks. While the rest of the elements only bare one elemental attack.

Here's my suggestion!

For Int there is Fire type damage/resist... add Lightning damage/resist and maybe make it a little stronger than fire.

For Agi there is Air type damage/resist... add Storm (maybe call it something different) damage/resist and maybe make it stronger than air.

For Chance there is Water type damage/resist.... add Typhoon (maybe hurricane or something else) damage/resist and make it stronger than chance.

Now with these three new types of damage and resist there are more options for Multi-Builds.

Thanks for reading biggrin 

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 17046

Ankama won't do this. There would be SO SO SO SO SO MUCH programming they would have to do and more balancing and it would be a nightmare.

It's a no for me.

1 0
Score : 1651
Osa-masterz|2014-01-05 01:58:45
So as we all know, Strength partners well with neutral attacks. While the rest of the elements only bare one elemental attack.

Here's my suggestion!

For Int there is Fire type damage/resist... add Lightning damage/resist and maybe make it a little stronger than fire.

For Agi there is Air type damage/resist... add Storm (maybe call it something different) damage/resist and maybe make it stronger than air.

For Chance there is Water type damage/resist.... add Typhoon (maybe hurricane or something else) damage/resist and make it stronger than chance.

Now with these three new types of damage and resist there are more options for Multi-Builds.

Thanks for reading biggrin
neutral damage from what i vaguely remember reading around the forums is supposed to be one of benefits to being strength, access to a certain spells and weapons. While earth has this advantage fire has the ability to heal, agi factors in with dodge, lock, and a slight CH bonus, while chance gives you prospecting. So the other elements really aren't at a loss, well i guess chance is from a battle perspective.

But with suggestion you would have to make a bunch of new weapons, not even spells. There's no need for new spells at this point and would probably cause more trouble than good. There would be no reason to make agi spells storm or fire spells lightning because they'd still basically be the same spell, just i guess with a tad more damage but theyd have to reduce the base accordingly. So that means these new elements would have to be expressed pretty much completely through weapons and if dofus wanted to introduce 40 new weapons they could probably do so and just make them int agi or cha. Also they would have to add resistance to these elements to gears as well as assign appropriate resistances to all current monsters, it just seems like a lot of work to make strength seem less unique.

also idk if these would be categorized as multi builds. In game your build is usually described as what elements your stress/add points to...for example cha/wis cra or vit osa, when you see a str character they dont say they are neutral its just an assumed capability they have.
0 0
Score : 15679

Yeah that's not going to happen. The complexity of that change would be simply overwhelming.

Now if the devs really had to buff agility, intelligence, or chance builds they would probably do it like they already have, by just increasing the base damage of elemental spells that utilize those stats.

Or one thing that I think would be interesting would be to give the fire, water, and air attacks an added effect. So fire could inflict a "burning" effect which adds a tiny bit of extra fire damage (inflicted like poison damage at the start of the victims next few turns). Water could have a "drowning" effect that causes extra prolonged damage, and air could have a "suffocation" effect that dealt the extra attack.

0 0
Score : -207

To balance it, I suggest moving crits from agi to cha and adding passive healing bonus to int and speed boost to agi.

Element = Battle Bonus = Off Battle Bonus
Earth = Neu Dmg = Pod
Fire = Healing = HP Regenerate speed boost (0.5% heal boost per Int)
Water = Crits = Prospecting
Air = Dodge/Lock = Walking speed boost (0.5% speed per Agility)

0 0
Score : 179
Gunnerwolfang|2014-01-05 05:11:31
To balance it, I suggest moving crits from agi to cha and adding passive healing bonus to int and speed boost to agi.

Element = Battle Bonus = Off Battle Bonus
Earth = Neu Dmg = Pod
Fire = Healing = HP Regenerate speed boost (0.5% heal boost per Int)
Water = Crits = Prospecting
Air = Dodge/Lock = Walking speed boost (0.5% speed per Agility)
+1 to this idea, I like the passive healing bonus.

I was thinking that this idea could be more of a future implement.
0 0
Score : 1692
Walking speed boost (0.5% speed per Agility)
So endgame char with 1000 agility gets 500% walking speed boost. I know your number is just an example, but that's crazy tongue.
0 0
Score : 4399
justapie|2014-01-05 09:48:43
So endgame char with 1000 agility gets 500% walking speed boost. I know your number is just an example, but that's crazy tongue.
well they could cap it ^^ but in essence the idea is great!

And maybe add some off battle class passives wub 
0 0
Score : -207
justapie|2014-01-05 09:48:43
True. I didn't think harder when I made that suggestion.

How about 0.2% per agility? A character with 1000 agility could then zoom at +200% walking speed (x3 walking speed). Would that be more manageable or should we go even lower.

If walking speed is too hard to implement, maybe there could be other off-battle bonus for the agility stats, maybe agroe evasion chance, or even gathering speed boost (on top of the prof level speed boost).
0 0
Score : 15679

I don't think they will ever move the crits because they have designed the sets around agility giving crit bonus. So chance sets will often have more crits on them than agility sets because it balances out with the fact that the agility on agility sets gives a crit bonus.

That's why Allister Set only gives 11 critical hits while Danathor Set gives 15 critical hits. It's designed so that the agility can fill in and boost the critical hit rate another one or two points.

If they moved the critical strike bonus from agility to chance then chance characters would suddenly find it way too easy to reach 1/2 while agility characters would suddenly find it extremely difficult because their sets often don't have as many crits on them.

0 0
Respond to this thread