FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Multi-Accounting

By iCaptainCookie January 03, 2015, 03:50:35

Why do people Multi-Account? I find it so boring. It also bothers me since people spend more time leveling an alt of theirs instead helping other people that really want to get into Dofus. What are your oppinions of multi-accounting, and if you multi-account, why do you do it?

0 0
Reactions 32
Score : 2114

Honestly, I think it ruins any chance of there being a real community on any server. People can do anything they want without having to talk to anyone if they are running a bunch of accounts. Having only one account forces you to make friends.

0 0
Score : 3052

I have been multi-accounting for a few months now and the main reason I do it is to avoid waiting to find people for hunts/dungeons/quests or anything that requires multiple people. That being said, I drop some of my alts all the time to accommodate group space for people other than myself. MAing is also nice because it allows you to obtain multiple achievement rewards for the same task, and if you're farming a particular resource, you get them a LOT faster. Basically: I MA to earn more money for a higher investment. I spend much, much more on sets and subscriptions than the average person would on one character.

The thing is, people who have had bad experiences with multi-accounters like to lump them all together and say "they all do x, and never do y" which is not the case for a lot of people who have alts.

3 0
Score : 6120

It seems to have become somewhat of a necessity nowadays, if you want to really get anywhere in the game.

I will stick to the idea that if multi-accounting is so necessary and if people would be so angry if it suddenly disappeared, that's a sign that the game needs to be improved. It shouldn't be that way. Ankama should work to find a way to where we can happily play without multi-accounting.

0 0
Score : 215
MrFlamez|2015-01-03 04:22:19
I think it ruins any chance of there being a real community on any server.
I strongly agree with this statement. It ruins the fun of an MMO, you're supposed to play with other people, communicate, make friends, and succeed, or something close to that. Meanwhile multi-accounting is just doing the opposite. I do play the game with only one account and it does get annoying sometimes to find someone to XP with, or run dungeons, but thats because there is not enough people playing the game, which saddens me. Not saying that multi-accounting wasn't a thing before... But it seems a LOT more common now a days.

AestheticAwesomeness|2015-01-03 04:46:39
I MA to earn more money for a higher investment.
I can see where you're coming from, I myself have problems finding people for dungeons and doing stuff together, specially for dungeon runs. I can see why people want to MA, but if Ankama somehow managed to get more people to play, like crazy amounts. Do you think that you would be Multi-Accounting as much? I mean, there would be more people to do stuff together and run dungeons with, and you wouldn't have to spend close to the amount of money it costs you to spend on subscriptions and sets for 2 or more accounts.
0 0
Score : 53

0 0
AlphaWarrior|2015-01-03 09:04:07
It seems to have become somewhat of a necessity nowadays, if you want to really get anywhere in the game.
[code]Ankama should work to find a way to where we can happily play without multi-accounting.[/code] I think Ankama just needs a lot more of commercials or advertising campaigns to get people to play, the game is in pretty good, its not for everyone, but it is still a great game, I agree though, i feel like its more of a necessity, more than something that is you know, optional, something that you can have if you want to gather more resources for yourself. I found myself looking for dungeons for endless hours and no answer from anyone. (I did find 2 guys that helped me out a lot, would like to thank Hyonx, and Kiryiun for their help ^^)

Yashu-X|2015-01-03 19:15:40
I really find it annoying to switch windows and move eachcharacter. I wonder why peoples get themselves in all that trouble.
I think its cause they need more things, i still don't get the full picture, but I'm pretty sure it is because theres not a lot of people playing the game now a days. But sure it is kind of annoying to switch windows and move characters, but if people are hungry enough to do so people would do anything to do it. If you have enough inspiration or really want something you would do whatever it takes to get that.
0 0

I've decided to run two accounts and my boyfriend runs two. We team to make four. We wanted to run only one each instead of two, but we had issues on Zatoishwan server:

1. There was almost no chance of doing frigost 3 dungeons without making our own team, as it is very hard to find anyone who will help.

2. Same applies to any hard content, really.

3. Parts of the game that require more than two people to get through. Say, kitsou dungeon.

The problem is Zato has a low population and it's not easy getting help from others. Most skilled players run their own teams and don't help others out. So I've come to the conclusion that my boyfriend and I really need to run our own team.

And this conclusion is the conclusion the others have come to. But the act of doing that is what leads the other people to reach the same conclusion. It's an issue that makes itself worse.

Therefore, Ankama should intervene. Unfortunately, it makes them a lot more money. Rather than stop it, they encourage it by even adding some options to make it better (i.e. Multi-account optimization).

0 0
Score : 374

This isn't a full answer to the topic,(since I'm not yet a multiacc) but I'm going to multi-account soon. A few reasons:

-When you don't have guildies online, you are screwed.

For example, if I make a group full of random people to do dungeons, I end up being a buff/heal bot. Whenever it's my turn, there is an iop saying, ''AP, MP, and power me, then toad + ND eca, or something similar. There were only 2 turns in an entire dungeon where I was allowed to attack or summon. With multiple accounts, I could actually play the way I want to.

-Drops! money!

I get more mats per dungeon/group of mobs. I can use this to craft or to sell for money.

-Better strategy.

With multiple accounts, I would be able to plan a battle better, with no miscommunication.

0 0
Score : 3052
iCaptainCookie|2015-01-03 19:03:06
AestheticAwesomeness|2015-01-03 04:46:39
I MA to earn more money for a higher investment.
I can see where you're coming from, I myself have problems finding people for dungeons and doing stuff together, specially for dungeon runs. I can see why people want to MA, but if Ankama somehow managed to get more people to play, like crazy amounts. Do you think that you would be Multi-Accounting as much? I mean, there would be more people to do stuff together and run dungeons with, and you wouldn't have to spend close to the amount of money it costs you to spend on subscriptions and sets for 2 or more accounts.
I don't really mind the money investment otherwise I wouldn't have extra accounts :p I subscribe by months at a time so I spend something like 30mk a month for all my subscriptions. In one month I could easily make triple that if I invest my time into JUST earning kamas, but I usually just make enough to get by and will put in some extra work if I want to upgrade a set.

If Ankama somehow brings in a large amount of new players I don't think I would MA any more or less. Like I stated previously, I am always willing to drop my alts for other people. That being said, I dislike playing with other people because of how slow they play sometimes, and when you run with your alts, you can just plan out everything ahead of time and not have to worry about what your friends are going to do on their turns. When I'm hunting fight times are also much, much shorter when I am playing by myself compared to when I am playing with others. You're totally in control, and that is probably one of the biggest benefits of multi-accounting. When I'm hunting fight times are also much, much shorter when I am playing by myself compared to when I am playing with others.
1 0
Score : 2282

The main reason I MA is because I have a very specific play style and I get frustrated when I'm playing with people that don't do what I want them to do. I know it sounds selfish, but doing fights and stuff the way I want them to gives me a very satisfying feeling.

0 0

There should at least be a built in feature where you can run multiple characters at the same time from the same account. Like the sidekick system, but actual players. Of course, limit it to a specific number max. People running 2-4 accounts never bother me all that much. At least there's always room for more in their groups.

People running 8 absolutely bothers me and I think that should be utterly destroyed. Max of 4, please.

0 0
Score : 25897

Wakfu is working on a hero system, wherein players can use alts in same accounts to fight alongside their main... Still a lot of bugs though, so it is still a work in progress.

If this hero system is inplemented in Dofus, it would enable solo accounter to be able to do more contents designed for MC.

0 0
Score : 2526

I, myself run 3 subbed accs, and an almanax merchant (obviously subbed)

Why I do this is to have better access to dungeons, quests, hunts (mainly drop hunts, as my characters are all end game [200,198,190] I do not quite require xp hunts, I level at my own pace, Although I do play on only 1 account for like 90% of the time, I feel it's a whole a lot more beneficial to have the spare 2 accs laying around in case I need help to fill up 8 loot dungeons, or for drop hunts (triple drops, 4x drops if I log my enu). I do not mind at all to drop any of my alts if needed to have other people join my group [BOOM! Prejudice dismantled.] as said before, it's just very beneficial when you need certain dungeons, certain achievements or when you need to drop mats in order to create your new set (I almost never buy my sets, I craft them)

Also, having 3 accounts makes me able to have all classes available, which actualy is a big boost when it comes to dungeon invites and stuff. So much people who PM me and ask me for a specific run, and then I just logg the class I see fit best for that run.

PS: about not much people playing the game, I will have to respectfully disagree there, I have full friend lists on my accounts (on 2 of the 3) with only a few overlaps (aswell as my 3 accs on my friend lists) It might be because I play on rosal, and I just happen to know the right people, but I always have at least 10 people online in my friend list at any given time of the day, making my 3 accounts quite useless at times.

0 0
Score : 328

The argument loses a lot of weight when the entire flip-side gets ignored in the process. People play this game for different reasons and I still see a plenty of solo accounters in this game that team up to do things in their own ways, although that situation might be different on smaller servers (or if the argument stems from "my friend didn't want to leech me but is leeching their alt").

Not everybody wants to play with other people even if they like to chat with them. Not everybody plays the game similarly when it comes to preferred activities or goals. I most definitely prefer fine-tuning and micromanaging a small team for specific achievements and difficult dungeons over not doing just that.

To each their own, let every flower blossom and so on.

0 0

Yes, I agree that some people want to play more solo. And if they want to put in the extra work to build up and manage more accounts, and take on the whole fight by themselves, that's great. I just think that two things need to be considered:

1. Don't require multiple accounts for it. Allow it from a single account.
2. Cap it. 4 should be the max allowed, not 8.

0 0
Score : 1444

Multiaccounting is indeed boring, but a must nowadays. I do multiaccount, sadly. Multiaccounting is a must because of the community. Noone needed multiaccounting when you weren't gonna get ripped off on every corner. Now on Dofus .. atleast our community (not sure about French, Spanish etc) there are countless scammers or just scumbags who you can't trust, so it's normal that people started replacing teammates with alts. I was scumbag'd like this before and I know another guy who did it to his friend, who actually helped him 'get up' after being scammed himself. I would have never imagined either of those things to happen and now I have trust issues with almost every new friend. The only people I now trust are actual friends, not because I leeched someone, but because we had a laugh and help each other. Most of the Dofus players are greedy 'female dogs' and would scam 1mk over a good friend willing to help him. I don't see any reason for me to go to frigost and help some selfish and greedy newbies get through Royal Mastogob and Pingwin dungeons. This is turning into a rage post on our community's scumbags, but ..meh. They really did made a lot of people change their playing style.

0 0
Score : 221
AlphaWarrior|2015-01-04 19:16:28
Yes, I agree that some people want to play more solo. And if they want to put in the extra work to build up and manage more accounts, and take on the whole fight by themselves, that's great. I just think that two things need to be considered:

1. Don't require multiple accounts for it. Allow it from a single account.
2. Cap it. 4 should be the max allowed, not 8.
Why limit it to 4? if people want to play with 8 accounts then let them do it. The game is already full of people that have no idea what to do at endgame, unless you're really lucky to be in a guild where people can always help you, you will most certainly need to do things on your own eventually, like crafting sets or getting specific achievements.
Also, multi accounters are the ones that provide the market with items that solo accounters buy AND are the ones that gives ankama profit, since they are the players always subscribing and doing it 8 times at once(and some people have even more accounts).
0 0

I do hope you know, but most Multi-Accounters, DO NOT buy their subscription time with real money, how is that giving Ankama profit? They usually buy sub time with kamas to buy origrines, to subscribe, i know this because one of my friends that i mention earlier, Hyonx buys the subscription time for his alts with Kamas.

0 0
Score : 328

@iCaptainCookie

Because SOMEBODY bought those Ogrines with real money and put them up to marketplace for the multiaccounter to buy with kamas. Ankama is receiving money for every subscription one way or another.

1 0
Respond to this thread