FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Bring back items to drop.

By Saldaacokste - SUBSCRIBER - February 13, 2015, 23:33:42

Hello everyone.

As your taking away the easy way to get valuable runes why don't bring back items that we can drop, kitsou, toady set, boowolf, etc.. even thought i have 160+ team sometimes i still enjoy go out and just drop some of the items for fun, and i think it makes the game more interesting for young players that can go and drop themselves a set to get further in game. As i believe you take away the items due the easy drop so we can craft them. I played the new Shadow server with 8 characters i found it hard to drop all the resources needed to craft items. Even bring back drop able items that you can't make profit from crushing them or selling, like scara sets, prespic sets...

3 -1
First Ankama intervention

This doesn't fit the topic perfectly either but I thought I'd mention it anyway: the latest addition to the game is a level 90 dungeon. Four months ago, it was a level 40, F2P, dungeon.

While it is true that we tend to pander more to high-level characters, especially in term of grand storyline and new Dofus (the two updates between the last one and the one from 4 months ago), it simply isn't true that we've forgotten about low-mid level players.

But it is true that this feature was pulled because bots were abusing it, and therein lies our problem.

See message in context
Reactions 32
Score : 27364

Do you remember why they were removed in the first place?

0 0
Score : 852

why ?

0 0
Score : 27364

Because bots were abusing the ability to drop those items and gear themselves, and normal players were not doing it.

As such, they removed the ability to drop the items, because it hurt the bots more than the players. Dropping gear like that and then using it is really a feature from the older era of Dofus.

0 0
Score : 6155

Yet still ankama have not learned that banning bots from doing something just causes them to evolve faster and become far more superior. Yes i know they would do that anyway eventually but changing the game around them speeds things up. Kolo being the perfect example. Mid level kolo is all but completely ruined. Its stupidly hard to get into a fight with no bots now, and im sorry, dropping things like equips costs far less that the constant kolo wins they get. any its now far easier for them to level up, the amount of x4ap bots is unreal in kolo.

Every time they ban something, it hurts the players far more than the bots. Can't get rid of them so just let them be and just ban. STOP changing the game around them.

anyone else miss selling useless things for 1kama?

i'm completely with OP on this 100%. these old drops are worthless now anyway but its still sometimes fun to drop them.

1 0
Score : 66

Is it just me or has Ankama forgotten about low-mid level players? They add new dungeons/sets update textures and so on but nothing is really done for low levels. The 1v1 PvP system has been removed, that brings a lot less action to the F2P areas. Also new players can't drop gear, only craft it (bots have money, they can easily afford to put on a gob set for pods, therefore, bots are not effected by this change anymore) and it takes away a huge chunk of the excitement new players should feel when they enter a game. Also this alliance system is very hurtful. Although new players can create guilds, there is no point in doing so because when you do have a guild placing a perceptor now requires an 8slot potion that cannot be crafted so easily and costs quite a bit to buy for someone who has just started playing the game. In addition, low level players cannot defend perceptors anymore since they will be easily crushed by the armies of 190-200 levels we now have.

I know that this post doesn't fit the topic perfectly but Ankama could start making the game fun for new players again by allowing them to drop their own gear.

0 0

This doesn't fit the topic perfectly either but I thought I'd mention it anyway: the latest addition to the game is a level 90 dungeon. Four months ago, it was a level 40, F2P, dungeon.

While it is true that we tend to pander more to high-level characters, especially in term of grand storyline and new Dofus (the two updates between the last one and the one from 4 months ago), it simply isn't true that we've forgotten about low-mid level players.

But it is true that this feature was pulled because bots were abusing it, and therein lies our problem.

Score : 11284

This has been a problem for me, since I have an Osa on Rosal who is still wearing a Gobball Set at level 57, and a 40-ish Enutrof on Zatoishwan who is still stuck in a Moskito set, because I can't get anything better. I'd really rather just drop a Red Scaraleaf Set for the Osa, but that's not possible anymore, the character in question can't afford to buy the set (even if it were available), and having one crafted requires killing hundreds of monsters who are resistant to my character's main element to gather the ingredients, and on top of that I don't know anyone on either server to actually make me the items if/when I actually find all the pieces (including finding a farmer to craft one of the items that is used as an ingredient in the actual set).

And, yeah, not exaggerating about the "hundreds of monsters". The full set requires 140 Red Scaraleaf Antennae (which have a 20% drop rate, so on average I'll have to kill 700 Red Scaraleaves to get that many), 15 Red Scaraleaf Carapace (10% drop rate, so 150 monsters on average), 31 Red Scaraleaf Wings (5% drop rate, so 155 monsters on average), and 79 Palm Fruits (32 of which will be used to make 4 Palm Oils; with an 18% drop rate, I'll have to kill 439 Scaraleaves of any color on average). That is an absurd number of monsters to have to kill and an absurd number of ingredients to gather for a fairly low-level set, and it just gets worse at higher levels.

I understand why the drops were removed, but the recipes should also have been vastly simplified and/or the parts required given a much higher drop rate.

0 0

The recipes have been changed with the latest update. I'll admit I didn't follow it very closely, but are you sure your ingredient list is up to date?

Score : 11284

Well, I was using the Wiki for those numbers (which was accurate the last time I decided to try to get the set, some time back), so it turns out my list is not up to date with the latest changes.

On the other hand, it looks like the new recipes are even harder, due to now requiring drops from multiple types of enemies instead of just one (so I'd not only have to kill around five hundred Red Scaraleaves, but about a hundred Vampyres, a hundred Tofurbies, about 170 Villinsekts, about a hundred Ribs, and about 75 fights with the Golden Scarabugly , so the total number of monsters I'd have to kill has in fact gone up), and crafts from multiple professions, so I'd need to find a cooperative Lumberjack, Baker, Alchemist, Farmer, and Miner on top of the Tailor, Shoemaker, and Jeweler I'd already need to find to make the actual pieces.

So the new recipes don't do anything to make things easier. In fact, it's the opposite.

Edit: I just noticed that one of the required items has a 400 PP prospecting lock, so there's no way for me to drop that resource at all. Also, on further checking, the achievement for beating the Scaraleaf Dungeon covers the Golden Scarabugly drops nicely, so I'd actually only have to fight him once; on the other hand, that still means having to solo the entire Scaraleaf Dungeon with a level 54 character in a Gobbal Set. He doesn't even have a sidekick to help.

Again, I understand the why ("to stop bots"), I just think the alternative system put in place isn't good for many players, particularly single-account players who aren't social butterflies.

0 0
Score : 612

I completely agree with Darkstorm about recipies being too hard to craft for such low level sets also those prespics in astrub forest loot is bugged or what?? i went to farm them with my 3characters and killed like 50 of them and all prespics dropped were their peaks not a single paw that has 10-14% to drop and i have been doing like every single challange too or i might be just unbelievably unlucky..

1 0
Score : 852

Bots would probably benefit more from a gobbal hat drop (which u can still drop) than a scara hat drop. by crushing i mean. But now amakna have changed things around crushing. why not bring back the items ? its fun. I remember those days when people got a groupe at fungi masters and tried to drop toady set. recruitment chat was full of people R> drop scara or whatever.

0 0
Score : 4435
Darkstorm|2015-02-18 21:52:16
Edit: I just noticed that one of the required items has a 400 PP prospecting lock, so there's no way for me to drop that resource at all. Also, on further checking, the achievement for beating the Scaraleaf Dungeon covers the Golden Scarabugly drops nicely, so I'd actually only have to fight him once; on the other hand, that still means having to solo the entire Scaraleaf Dungeon with a level 54 character in a Gobbal Set. He doesn't even have a sidekick to help.

Again, I understand the why ("to stop bots"), I just think the alternative system put in place isn't good for many players, particularly single-account players who aren't social butterflies.
That's a challenge all single-account players have to overcome, no matter what level they are. An end-game player also has to look for help to beat dungeons in order to make their sets.
0 0
Score : 3677

Nah, I wouldn't trust other players to help me. End level dungeons are full of insta kill mistakes that they can easily make... Bots shouldn't benefit from crushing since now there is a penalty for items used a thousand of times.

0 0
Score : 6679

Wait, what happened to crushing items?

0 0
This happened to crushing items.
Score : 377

Never thought id say this but id say the bots helped in the aspect of keeping the ingame economy running. They kept mats and eqiupment circulating in the game. When a players levels a crafting profesion do you see them tackling the more challenging recipes like for example. scaraleaf? Jelly? boowolf? i actually see less of this then i do moowolf, soft oak and tengu sets.Crafters make one specific thing over and over and over again till they get 100. yeah occasionally they will get the materials from random hunts to make the sets like scara and boowolf but again they make 1000s and 1000s of nible rings gobbal amulents and helmets to level there professions. There is nothing for the lower level players!!!!!! People wonder where the lower level player base has gone? well they stoped playing because they couldnt get anything better then a gobbal set. And in my opinion the sets actually got harder to make than the older recipes. For any regular scara piece i need to get boss version of this monsters drops to make it? Okay that escalated quickly lets take away the equipment drops and make the recipes harder wheres the logic in that? at level 46 i cant drop all the mats alone in scaraleaf to make the set. Bring other people you say? well im one of only a handful of true blood new players on this server and everyone else multi-accounts. I cant for sure say the change in the eqiupment drops was the cause of a server having a way lower stock of the beginning game equipment but id be a betting man if they brought it back and saw a improvement in the lower level player base.

So in my opinion..BRING BACK THE ITEM DROPS!

1 0
Score : 6679

I agree. However, I think it would be nice to have dropped equipment require maging before it can be worn. For example, you could drop all the gobball or scaraleaf gear you want, but until a costumagus dabbles with that dropped scarahat, all you can do is crush it for runes. This would solve the bot issue and also make maging more interesting. Perhaps you would need to use 1 rune for every 5 levels of the item, rounded up, so for example a level 20 gobball hat would need to be maged with 4 runes before it could be worn, and a level 43 scaraleaf hat would need to be maged with 9 runes (requirement rounded up to level 45).

0 0
Score : 16806

NO

That is a terrible idea. How about, when you drop a piece of equipment, you instead have to take it to an appraiser and pay a small fee to finally be able to wear it.

0 0
Score : 25848

Appraiser could even be a new profession or a new skill of existing profession...

but still... the issue here is the bot abuse and easy nature of acquiring gears through loot/drop.
The issue with new players finding it hard to get gears is not a big deal, especially since there are hardly any new players coming into the game.

0 0
Respond to this thread