By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Bring back items to drop.

By Saldaacokste - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - February 13, 2015, 23:33:42
Reactions 32
Score : 376

How do you expect to have any new players come to the game if your game cant support all levels of play?

Love the idea about the appraiser though but they would have to make it so they did more than appraise equipment to make to wearable and increase the amount dropable equipment. But i dont really see it viable with only one specific use.

0 0
Score : 25656
Floppaloppagus|2015-04-07 01:58:21
How do you expect to have any new players come to the game if your game cant support all levels of play?
An entirely different discussion on issues other than the OP.

Still, new players do not need to drop more items especially higher level items since by the time they reach higher level, they are not supposed to be newbie anymore.
0 0
Score : 1702

Alright, so what we have here is lower levels having trouble obtaining equipment, and a lack of other lower levels to help obtain the mats, combined with some recipe's requiring more complex mats that require even more players to obtain with yet only a small chance of obtaining them. What do we do?
-
The equipment appraisal idea with some tweaks is actually a very good one.

Alright, so you get a piece of unrecognizable equipment dropped from a monster you were fighting,
you can see what type of equipment it is and it's level, but you have no clue what it is.
You rush to the Appraisal NPC in Astrub and pay a fee based on the level of the item to reveal it.
-
The item's stats are always reduced by 50% or so of it's maximum potential.
Appraised items would have a tag at the very top of the Effects List that shows it's an Appraised Item.
And Appraised Items cannot be crushed or maged, but still provide set bonuses.

Right away this would be a decent kama sink.
Per say having an item appraised would cost 100 kamas per level of the item,
and items obtained that need to be appraised would only be in the level range of 15~50.
-
The reduction to the maximum potential of the item as well as the inability to mage them will keep crafted equipment more valuable.
And bots wont be likely to Appraise items because there's virtually no value in it for them.

What if bots were to mass collect and sell appraised items in a marketplace on an inflated server?
This could be somewhat be prevented by not allowing appraised equipment to be placed in local or personal market places,
meaning the equipment would have to be traded live and in person.
-
Granted bots could still do this, they would be not only easier to pick out in a crowd,
It would still allow for newer low level players to come together and connect and interact with eachother.

0 0
Score : 11238
Gunnerwolfang|2015-04-07 02:34:10
Still, new players do not need to drop more items especially higher level items since by the time they reach higher level, they are not supposed to be newbie anymore.

It's not just being a new player. My characters on servers other than Rushu are characters I don't play very often. I want to get them better gear. They have no money. I don't know anyone on those servers. Going onto the channels to ask for help never works (and certainly not "hey, can anyone help me fight hundreds of monsters and let me keep all the drops? Also, are there, like, ten different craftsmen who could make a full set of gear for me for free?")

Dropping a set was a one-step process that anyone could do, as long as the RNG was on your side. Now, getting a mid-level set involves both RNG and cooperation between a half-dozen players (or at least a half-dozen characters) once you've gotten the hundreds of drops you need. I'm not even sure what the point of under-100 sets is anymore. It takes so long to get them that by the time you've done all the required steps, you've gained another dozen levels and are ready for the next set up.

It has nothing to do with being a newbie.
0 0

I was discussing about a post saying the new players would need gear drops.

But if you want to include old players, then I think your issue here is not being a poor old player but rather being an "old player in a new server" and not knowing how to earn kamas to buy low level gears.

Solutions:
1. refrain from creating new character to other server until you learn how to earn minimal kamas.

2. Use server transfer service to bring your old gears or kamas to other server you want to play on (this is one of the reason why a server transfer option was created).

3. /b Trade Rushu kamas for this server kamas/gears (a bit risky but hey, desperate times requires desperate measure, you would only lose a few hundred kamas for the low level gears the you will need).

0 0

That doesn't actually refute what I said in any way. In fact, it pretty much is exactly the same thing I said: getting gear for your characters requires overcomplicated setups rather than just "fight monster, drop complete item", regardless of how new or old your character is. Your suggestions involve either spending millions of extra kamas (or real money) to buy Ogrines, or doing inter-server trades.

But the point isn't necessarily about my specific situation. It's one example of someone needing basic gear with no easy way to get it. (And I do mean "basic". I'm not talking about getting an ultra-maged set that will give me 5000 HP and 500 in all stats at level 40, I'm talking about just having something better than a Gobball Set at level 50)

Dofus is the only MMO I've ever played where every enemy doesn't have a significant chance to drop cool new gear with every fight. Having a 5% chance to drop a toenail clipping or a 1% chance to drop armpit hair (and then having to gather a thousand toenails and five hundreds armpit hairs, plus a half-dozen other rare items, just to craft a single set) is not the same, and nowhere near as much fun.

0 0

Semantics... You are talking about being an old player in a new server. Being an old player is irrelevant if you insist on playing in a new server. You want better gear than gobbal set at level 50? The easiest way is to just buy them instead of dropping them from monsters. If I remember correctly, in the old system of gears dropping from monsters, by the time you ever drop a full level 50 set, you will be level 100+... It is so much easier to just play the market, earn kamas and buy those gears from other players.

0 0
Score : 40

i was going to post about this. but found this tread via search function.

il be honest has someone who was lvling with the low lvl's in my guild (not leeching just all lvling near each others lvl) it became pretty sad to watch them still using gobbal set at lvl 60+. gear is ether unavailable (scara set) or to expensive to buy. takes days of farming. i helped one of them get a royal gob set (no sword or amulet, took 2 days and a half) currently lvl 70 and the other is still running around in normal goball gear. lvl 76. both planing on just toughing it out till lvl 120 before spending days farming mats for there gear has suggested by guild members.
it made me feel very fortunate to have a rl friend playing dofus who dose not sell there old gear and had dofuses to borrow me from one of there alts. has i don't have to worry about gear until after lvl 120.
the only way someone could plausibly afford to buy the gear is to farm to lvl 100 gattering profession at lvl 20 so you can afford to buy your lvl 30-40 // 50 // 60 // 80 //100 // 120 set's

edit:
my opinion is that at the very least have scara set be dropable has it pretty crappy for it level but was easy to get has to act has a middle ground set that poor people can use and maybe even a lvl 70 crappy but better then scara set could be added and made dropable. everything else must be crafted. that way crafting professions are still hard to level. and poor players can see some progression in there gear with out having to grind to 100 in a profession right away or farm a specific mob for days.

0 0

Heh, I have to laugh.

Not only aren't they bringing back dropped items, it sounds like they're removing the few pieces of gear that are still droppable.

Bleah.

0 0
Score : 871

By doing hundreds of scara mobs i managed to get a scara set for my enutrof lvl 48, this in shadow server where i got 8 chars 30-49 lvl, but now i've reached lvl 48 and i need the next step as in akwadala which will take me hundreds of bulb mobs to finaly manage a full set for him. but what about the other 7 chars ? they r still running around in gobbal. There is no easy way to get items equally for all of my charactersz.

0 0
Score : 178

After many years, me and my GF wanted to return to Dofus.

But what they have done to Dofus in the past couple years is just unbelievable.
And as soon we did read about the "no more item drops" thing we just thought, WTF?! That was one main reason why the game was so much fun!
Now you have to craft pretty much everything? Great... not...

Dofus just died for us for good.
Wakfu is also just meh...

I hope the team that works on Dofus 3 makes it better...

0 0

Actually, they did bring back some dropped items like gobbal sets.

0 0
Score : 5

we're several years further and we can still say, that dofus does not cater to low level players. The alliance system is bad. Guild don't work, moderators don't give a shit about chat lines, while I can honestly say, having played on a french server and an English server that the game feel different. The biggest issue is the lack of a good built up for low level players, who find every way in the game to leech. Trying to get to higher levels via leeching, that you had solved with area's of bonus rather than the individual bonus mobs. Super smart, but this won't work if the affected area doesn't affect the souls that are harvested. The alliance system, is completely disgusting, I own a small guild, and am part of a larger guild. I don't like being part of a big guild, but in order to make money and get a decent set, I need to at least place a perceptor down every once in a while when I need resources or decide to sell them. This is far worse on a lower level, when you're struggling to make a living and trying to find your baring, and while professions are mad fun, not everyone agrees. the biggest thing I take away from all this is, I often give my guild members money, who beg for it, because they have no way to make money that doesn't end force them to do things endlessly the same way over and over again, or trying to buy resources from the market just to make items. I like it, my guild members don't. And all these new players that I enjoy playing with, they quit because the game is either too boring, or too hard for them, and while this is not an issue to you it is to me. Because these are fellow players I never get to play with again. You say you think of the low level players, but I think the only low level players you think of are the ones who use their bots, or create a team of 8, because getting a million kamas to play the game with your friends that have a complete set, that you'd be happy to buy would be impossible for you. People focus on the dofus, because that's the advice they get, I steer away from that advice and give others the advice to focus on all the lower level quest in amakna, astrub and cania, so they level up slowly, and are not forced to leech just so they can solo everything, like most people end up doing because of your stupid system. Fix that! 
Fix the part of the game where people just end up playing the same road as everyone else over and over again, only to stumble and fall where others cannot, make the options when finishing the quest in astrub more than just 1 where you follow the pandawa, but maybe let them explore all the other things they can. Give people the chance to drop an item that's legendary grade they can actually use! make one item an item that can truly impact their character, so that when they get that item from a set or a single item they bought with all their money they saved up they can actually see the change in battle, rather than level up so far and completely the sets between level 1-100 are basically a gobbal set, an akwadala set and a feudala set.
Also make the quest more fun, with menial task that require you to read fun, and exciting text lines. It's a click game, be creative like you have shown with older quest. But the whole idea of the quest that are just get from here to there, and take this to there, and do this is boring, outdated and unexciting. Give me a puzzle that's not a fight, give riddle to solve, give me way to enjoy the quest without immediatly resorting to the wiki because I can't be bothered, and then maybe I wouldn't feel like I don't give a shit when my fellow members ask me to help them, because I am already too tired of the fucking quest I am doing that are not even exciting, go to this map, click something fight, repeat that ten times and you finish the quest. Real fucking creative. 
That's my rant. 

0 0
Respond to this thread