FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

dungeons xp

By shazattacks - SUBSCRIBER - February 22, 2015, 04:32:09

many dungeons not run anymore.....why cant there xp be put bk as befor nerf?

like black rat, croca.....plz peeps add to thread...game becoming boring....many new dungs but once run xp not worth the effort so you just dont go bk...acheivements passed and dung dies...only decent dung to run is buck for xp....we need old dungs bk diversity ftw.

0 0
First Ankama intervention

A major part of this is the issue of high-level players farming lowbie dungeons for experience. This shouldn't be the case, as higher level players should be moving towards higher-level dungeons to look for better experience. That's why many of these dungeons saw reductions in the levels of their boss mobs.

After all, it shouldn't be as rewarding to run a dungeon that you're 50 levels too high for as it is to run a dungeon that is appropriate for your character's level.

It's understandable that people might want an easier experience, but easier experiences don't give as much xp, that's just how it goes.

See message in context
Reactions 21
Score : 1222

I agree, why was Crocabulia nerfed anyways? Bring back lvl 400+ Croca, Soft Oak, and Bherb!!!

PS: I actually haven't fought Soft Oak or Bherb in the longest time so don't quote me on their levels lol.

0 0
Score : 7695

... I don't think I understood that. What about dung beetles at Burger King do you want to give more xp?

0 0
Score : 15613

I agree that dungeons are unrewarding in their current state. I think the dev team is trying to go more towards a system like Wakfu where equipment crushing for runes becomes a motivation to run low level dungeons, in order to get low level mats to build items to crush.

However, this motivation will only drive high level players who have a need for runes to continue improving epic level sets. For low and mid level players runes are pointless and the most important thing on their minds is usually experience, but dungeons are a very subpar way to get experience.

0 0
Score : 6156

i'm all for that. dungeons don't get run enough as it is. Minotoror for example only ever gets run when someone is doing the quest. Not a dung as such but dark vlad. Him and the evil forest is so badly neglected its unreal. all the pandala dungeons are neglected too.

0 0
Score : 6374

I totally agree with this. +1

Also about minotot, revamp the maze please ...
People don't just stay away because the xp is bad now, but also because of the maze. It can be a pain when 1 or more person(s) are doing it at the same time.

Aura

0 0

A major part of this is the issue of high-level players farming lowbie dungeons for experience. This shouldn't be the case, as higher level players should be moving towards higher-level dungeons to look for better experience. That's why many of these dungeons saw reductions in the levels of their boss mobs.

After all, it shouldn't be as rewarding to run a dungeon that you're 50 levels too high for as it is to run a dungeon that is appropriate for your character's level.

It's understandable that people might want an easier experience, but easier experiences don't give as much xp, that's just how it goes.

Score : 159
Izmar|2015-03-03 13:06:51

This makes sense however the xp is actually very horrible imo for the lower level dungeons such as bherb and croc I really think this should be boosted if not to the old xp at least a little bit I know in the old days lvl480 croc was pretty good fun to fight and abit of a challenge (back before any Frigost gear was out). I can say since I have played this game since 06 I am very comfortable saying my favourite days of this game were when I started, nothing was overly complicated it was just a fun game to come play for a few hrs at the end of my day.

I do think for the "epic content" consideration needs to be taken regarding the difficulty and constant nerfing of classes. I personally get really put off by the fact all of the newer epic dungeons generally require a class specific team to complete or at least two to of them for F3 thats for sure. I don't mind the fact if a dungeon takes abit longer than normal if you don't have the best team composition but it should at least be completeable without having to spend hundreds of hours trying to complete it just once. I am not the greatest of players but I don't think I would say I am horrible at PVM either. One other thing that really gets up my nose is nerfing that is done in spite of player strategy Eg: Sram invis nerf for freez - Don't see the point of having the spell if you can't actually do anything with it in this boss fight. Might just be one fight one spell but it is annoying.

I can say it would be fair that the reason some players go to the lower level boss fights is not so much for fast time to xp ratio but to the fact you are actually allowed to be human and make a couple mistakes without it totally ruining your chances (and having your hair fall out if you are not already tearing it out by the roots) just to win the fight, sure it may mess up challenges but at least you can still win. A good example of this is buck aneer time/xp ratio is very good monster's don't hit terribly hard and its an overall enjoying fight, If I was still needing to level up characters I most certainly would do this over any other dungeon fight out there at the moment.

I for one can say I have had this Iop subscribed (for last two months) with little to do apart from Almanax each day since I am bored out of my mind on what I would like to do (since I generally like dungeons) however my team composition isn't the greatest to complete the newer dungeons, I am sure people are saying go team with others but that doesn't necessarily go down well with other players if you need to afk after a few rooms of a dungeon or do other things since other players may be in different time zones and want to rush the dungeon right away. I know myself personally in the past may have only had 15-30 minutes and done whatever rooms I could do in that time and logged off. Prior to having this many accounts I too had one account and had the same issues of either trying to find a team to run a specific dungeon then the next problem would be everyone being able to stay together without disconnections or people having to go because they had to go out etc

Since the introduction of F3 and beyond I have gone from playing from 12 accounts on and off to perhaps 1/2 if that in a month now because of this the nerfing based on player strategy and the fact the overall enjoyment has gone down a great deal there is alot of new content but I don't think I can enjoy it as much as the other guy with the specific classes to beat it and if I did ever manage to beat said dungeons the person going through with me might even be charging me a pretty penny to come along since the drops may be worth a crazy amount of kamas (see F3 leech posts/dimension leech posts on imps).
0 0
Score : 7461

Could we not have old dungeon xp back, and with a much harsher level penalty?

Say for now, a lvl 100 fighting a lv 100 group gets 100% xp (let's say 100k). every 10% you are over the mob level, you get 10% less xp, every 10% under, 10% more.
So a level 150 would get 50k, whereas a level 50 would get 150k. (Yes, this is also saying that if you can beat content above your level you should get an xp boost, which I don't think happens atm)

For dungeons, just increase the cap. Every 5% off the level, it's changed 10% (for example.)
Then, your level 100 would get 100k, your level 50 would get 200k and your level 150 would get 10k (ofc, technically with this model the 150 should get 0, but it wouldn't be that harsh; I just picked random numbers as an example)

Of course, this probably creates issues with team xp distribution, but I think it'd be better than what we have now, which is a whole load of dungeons people only run because they need the drops.

"I can say it would be fair that the reason some players go to the lower level boss fights is not so much for fast time to xp ratio but to the fact you are actually allowed to be human and make a couple mistakes without it totally ruining your chances (and having your hair fall out if you are not already tearing it out by the roots) just to win the fight, sure it may mess up challenges but at least you can still win. A good example of this is buck aneer time/xp ratio is very good monster's don't hit terribly hard and its an overall enjoying fight, If I was still needing to level up characters I most certainly would do this over any other dungeon fight out there at the moment. "

Completely agree. The reason that higher levels do dungeons below them, is because, I imagine, a lot of the time, they cannot do the content for their level. I mean, I doubt that many 160s could do Cross Stritch (I think that's a 160), and so they're forced to go for dungeons lower than that. Dungeons (and mobs in general) have been made harder and harder, and I don't think classes have been buffed enough to match, especially with the newer content.

0 0

I think in the lower levels and higher levels it comes down to class choice. I would really be interested in seeing a dev go at some of the epic dungeons with 4 character classes that are not the main classes required to beat that dungeon and see how long it takes them to do this. I think only then they may understand the issue with the newer epic dungeons but I highly doubt any dev would be up to the challenge.

0 0
Score : 16899

Maybe the higher level dungeons should have some better exp to give for the investment in a harder dungeon?

From what I know, Bherb gives me lower characters about 250,000 exp for a solo fight in the boss room. Gobball gives around 60,000. Bherb takes 30 minutes, Gobball takes 5. 5x6 is 30. So if I run Gobball 6 times, I'll get 360,000 exp. I'm getting more xp than a single fight at Bherb. This is why we used to spam low level dungeons. They were more rewarding than running the higher ups.

Now I haven't played in a while due to Ankamas Credit Card issue, so I'm biased, but come on. If you invest a ton of time just to run one dungeon (ahem, Nileza takes 4 hours) you should get a crap load of exp. And I'm not talking 20m, I'm talking closer to 100m. That's a hard dungeon and that needs some better exp.
0 0

Yeah more xp would be good if the dungeons are going to be that crazy hard the more players means the more xp but the difficulty trebbles so it no longer becomes worth while hence why alot of people 4/6 player these newer epic dungeons.

0 0
Score : 6913

Would it not be possible to base xp not only on group cap and stars, but perhaps character level?

Say, the higher the character level is from the dungeon level, the less they get, starting at say 20-30 levels?

Not anything ridiculous, but enough to make it not spam worthy.

This would allow the lower level chars to get a great reward from doing these things the way they used to.
0 0

Another great idea again, still nothing from Izmar yet.

0 0
Score : 377

I think the current dungeon system has led to a lack of circulation in all aspects of the game. For example materials and kamas. I think it has led to less circulation of lower level equipment less circulation of materials for low level players to make kamas to even buy those lower level equipment that seemingly is more rare then a moowolf set. Doesn't make much sense to me. My only suggestion is maybe have a second version of the dungeon where the number of monsters in the mob are determined by the amount of players you have in your group but by the choice on weather to attack the mob with the more monsters or even a separate rendition of the same dungeon(hard mode) for the higher level players. I can see how anakama as tried to gear the lower level dungeon to the lower levels but in turn i think it has damaged the lower level opportunities in many those aspects mentioned above.Thanks for reading.

0 0
Score : 16899

The dungeons have no real rewards other than achievements. The only rewarding Dungeon that I know of is Chafer and that isn't even a good reward.

Dofus needs some "OH SHIT WE GOTTA RUN THIS DUNGEON ASAP FOR THAT AMAZING REWARD" kind of Dungeons.

0 0
Score : 2524

Don't forget about bulb dungeon, blacksmith dungeon, skeunk dungeon, Croca dungeon (if you're lucky enough to drop that vulbis), ....
Dofus has plenty enough valuable rewards for dungeons. The only bad thing about it is that after one time completion, you'll only return there for alts or achievements..

They need to make some sort of consistent reward, based on the level of the dungeon.. Something more appealing than that one boss drop needed for your gears.

0 0
Score : 27366

Like beating a dungeon if you want to use equipment from said dungeon?

0 0
Score : 6683
sioniaskingofsoddomy|2015-04-04 02:35:42
Dofus has plenty enough valuable rewards for dungeons. The only bad thing about it is that after one time completion, you'll only return there for alts or achievements..
The trend of Dofus is to punish players for doing the same thing more than once. Ankama wants players to explore, to spread out, to adventure together around the game world.

In this regard, I would not be surprised if Ankama punished players for remaining in the same group for multiple fights, as if part of a motivating plan to discourage multi-accounting, or as some kind of anti-bot strategy.
0 0
Score : 1219

..yet ankama are punishing themselves..as many people are spending less time on dofus..literally for shear booooooooooordem..allowing xp bk in the old dungeons..is just giving us something to do,having fun again..helping low lvls complete an acheievement or just for simple xp..dofus has become so boring ive done all frig 3 dungs as far as my char is capable of doing...i spend less time now on the game myself as im tired of doing same things over and over again sad 

0 0
Respond to this thread