By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

rewards for trying

By sSterser - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - March 10, 2015, 23:18:28

my idea is to get rewards for trying

its for me a pain in the ass to try de dimension dungs, first i have to search te portal and after that i try a dungeon. because those dungeons are so hard for me i cant get to defeat them, after al those trys i gave up on trying. my idea is to give a small reward or special coins you can spend to buy boss mats or dungeon mats. because i have spend ours and ours to try those dungs but without any reward. i feel like wasting time for nothing. this small reward makes the effort for trying some less pointless and stimulates to try even the hardest dungeons.

let me know what you think about this idea

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 5467

...You want a reward for losing?
I'm sorry but the idea is ridiculous and could easily be abused.
That's like Ankama saying "you don't have to defeat Dark Vlad to get the Emerald Dofus, just die 10 times".
I can relate with experience depending on how close you were to winning, but definitely not items.

0 0
Score : 410

its not a big reward, and not a fast reward, i think how longer the fight last (turns) and more vita you hit or monsters you kill, the higher the chance to get the reward

0 0
Score : 25768

In a way, I think we already get exp from mobs we killed even if we lose the fight... Not much but we do get them...

All that is missing is making a drop roll for mobs we killed even if we lost.

0 0
Score : 1691

I like this idea. It makes the game less frustrating, and if it is based on # of turns it actually provides a legit reason to consider a more defensive team in PvM.

0 0
Score : 6152

You should get mats from the enemies you do manage to kill before you die. Say you do kill the boss but then one of the others kill you, you still drop the mats for the boss but thats it.

0 0
Score : 4324

Normally this idea would piss me off,it's counter productive,no one should get rewards for losing,BUT ankama made such horrible,irritating,time wasting,good for nothing dungeons that this seems like a truly reasonable idea.

0 0

Maybe they could lock out some boss drops from this system. You will only be able to drop the high drop rate resources and not the rare drop resources. Or else this could be abused by simply using one dungeon key, kill the boss, die intentionally, rinse, repeat using dungeon save... Abusers could drop infinite amount of boss resources using only 1 key.

0 0
Score : 410

those are nice ideas, i didn't thougt of abuse, but maybe not lock the boss items but make the drop rate lower if you defeated him. and for each monster you kill besides maybe the droprate becomes higher?

0 0
Score : 7455
Gunnerwolfang|2015-03-12 13:48:41
Maybe they could lock out some boss drops from this system. You will only be able to drop the high drop rate resources and not the rare drop resources. Or else this could be abused by simply using one dungeon key, kill the boss, die intentionally, rinse, repeat using dungeon save... Abusers could drop infinite amount of boss resources using only 1 key.
Or simply have a drop-penalty. From what I can tell, if you lose to a mob, you get xp for the mobs you killed, but it is reduced. Do the same here; halve the drop rate on items from the mobs you've already killed, or something like that.
0 0

I also thought about drops reduction but if I were to abuse this system, I wouldn't care if I will only be getting half of the drops. I will simply repeatedly kill the boss and die intentionally and I can get as many of these half drops as I want. 20 half drop is still equal to 10 drop for only 1 key.

0 0
Score : 7455

True.

Maybe a combination of ideas then? Halves the drop rate on anything, and then anything under a threshold (say 5% maybe?) can't be dropped (this threshold applied after the drop rate penalty)

After all, there's still dungeons which have items in which aren't rare as such, they're just annoying because they only drop in that dungeon. Take... the int weak rhol-backing fungus in Petri. (I can't remember what they're called)

0 0
Respond to this thread