By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Single Character Server

By jaffamalaffa March 22, 2015, 18:56:35

I quit playing this game a while back because it got to the point where you pretty much HAD to multi account to do anything. I hate multi accounting for numerous reasons, from the increased cost to having to switch windows and run 6 players through the same screen. why on earth have they not created a Single character server, I would be back playing this game in an instant!!

0 0
Reactions 18
Score : 27360

How would you enforce a single character server? People already work around IP limits for perc fights and the like on normal servers.

If they added one of these, people would simply work around it there as well. And then it would defeat the purpose.

You could try a server like Shadow, because while it comes with extra risk, it also seems to encourage solo accounting more than regular servers do.

0 0
Score : 5467

I agree with Revil, all it requires is a simple programme or even another computer at hand.

0 0
Score : 1691

They could make a server aimed at single accouters though. You could never enforce it and people would still multi log, but it wouldn't be in the spirit of the server and what benefit would you really gain when you could play on a normal server, and multilog without being a dick.

0 0
Score : 6666

Dofus is an MMO, not a single-player game. This is the blind reason why there is no single-account server.

0 0
Score : 1691

You realize the point of a single account server would be to play with other people right?rolleyes 

1 0

That is why I say it is a blind reason for not having one. It is blind to player identity because it does not know how to distinguish between players. It's like a person who is ignorant to a fact because they don't know how to deal with it. Programming (i.e. game development) really does reflect psychology.

Let me elaborate: multiple accounts are used by individuals who lack the capacity for will to engage in social activities, which involve very many downsides in the teamwork goals. For example, a single person feels like they have more "control" over a situation when they do things by themselves. It is like the reason why only one person is using your computer right now: you. Computer use is not a social activity, and so there are MMO internet games that provide some sort of imitation of sociality, and there are forums, and there are other "social" imitations online.

Dofus, like any other MMO, is a limited imitation of a social situation. The fact that players feel the need to run more than one account at the same time means that Dofus needs more work on its social aspects. I don't mean the current trend of "mandatory group activities", which is what this forum topic seems to counter-argue, but an actual closer resemblance to social things.

A great example of a socially-imitative feature which could be used much more is the emote. You can use them to move dragoturkeys in a paddock, but there are no real uses for them besides that. What about using them in dungeons to open doors and level platforms (like Skyrim), or to ward off aggressive mobs? These things have been suggested before. But they have not been explored in a social context. What if something cool happened if several players in a group or on a map coordinated by using a combination of different emotes? Why not have a cool "emote conjuration party" which could summon a dimensional portal when you have like 10 players using different emotes in sequence?

There are a lot more ways that Dofus' socially-imitative experience can be developed, and the trend of making something impossible unless you have a "variety team", such as global cooldowns and the need for multiple classes in a group is only stifling of the creative potential for Dofus' future. It has become a nightmare to have more than one of the same class in a group. What is going on here? Ankama is seeking closure by making it horrible to play the game in all but one way, and that is definitely not conducive to a successful MMO scenario.

0 0
Score : 691

+1 would love to play on a single char server.

0 0
Score : 4324

I'd drop my 199 and all his belongings in a heartbeat just to start again on a single account server.

0 0
Score : 3607

I really dont think the population is anywhere near big enough to make that kind if server. Its mainly just multi accounters now, which most of would have no interest in solo accounting anything. They are generally too greedy/impatient and selfish to work with other people. Just want everything by themselves.

I can honestly see that server being as dead as zato... or even heroic. I personally would love it though. just 7 years ago when the population was better and the community overall was brilliant. people helping and doing things with other people, people with only a couple of other accounts etc. good times.

just remember though, its the multi accounters who are essentially keeping dofus alive to be honest.

0 0
Score : 27360

The French servers are quite large, the game is as big there as it ever was according to many Francophones I've talked to.

You must keep in mind we're just an offshoot as a community, we will never be on the scale the servers there are, because that is where Dofus is from. We likely won't even catch the Spanish community in terms of players.

0 0

The main reason why the population is so low, is because alot of new players quit very soon.
When a new character starts at Rushu it's almost impossible for him to find people to do dungeons with.
Because everyone prefers to do it alone with their own team. ( Really bad for an MMO imo ).

I think in a single char server, alot of new players will stay because it's way easier to team up and make friends.
Wich is kinda the point of an MMO. Im glad i started Dofus in 2005 when Multi-accounting was not that common yet.

I am pretty sure i would quit immediately to if i created an account in 2012 and couldnt even find a group for Gobdung.

1 0

The reason I have 8 subbed accounts is because I cannot find players interested in doing stuff with me, and I'm a level 200 str iop who has been on Zato since soon after it began. Even as part of a huge guild, I gave up in this regard back in 1.26 on Rosal. People just want to do their own thing, so we need more cooperative social activities; not mandatory social requirements.

0 0
Score : 25739

A SA Only Server is better than Shadow (Hardcore) Server IMO... Probably more hardcore...

But as Revil-Nunor already stated, it would be hard to ensure than there will be noone MC'ing. People have found ways to bypass MC'ing limitations.

But maybe the though of strict implementation and harsh banning of those who do not abide with this rule could be enough to deter MC'ers from breaking the rule.

Who knows, we will never know if we do not try it first. I'd love an SA server just to see the social interaction that it will generate.

0 0

Why would you Multi-account on a server thats for Single accounters? why cheat when it's allowed on all the other servers?
Makes no sense to me, why would people do that. + Make it against the rules, you multi-account, you get banned.

0 0
Score : 25739

They MC in perc fight even when it is not allowed.... Why? Because they want the advantage and they can get away with it due to Ankama's inability to distinguish MC'er from SA'ers.

0 0
Score : 6152
fooked|2015-03-24 22:41:31
Why would you Multi-account on a server thats for Single accounters? why cheat when it's allowed on all the other servers?
Makes no sense to me, why would people do that. + Make it against the rules, you multi-account, you get banned.
still wouldn't stop them. and to be honest if they can get around the the perc fights thing they could probably unban themselves too.
0 0
Score : 99

Unless it is just an IP ban, they can't unban accounts without hacking involved.

0 0
Score : 376

Great idea in my opinion, yes they cant really control the multi accounting but in way they can restrict it. they restrict the perc fights to one IP address yes players use multiple computers well i doubt anyone would really go to the trouble of having a full team of 6 players IE 6 computers. So yes there will be some multi-accounts with the IP restriction but at least it will be largely controlled.

On another note i for one believe the anakama makes there money off dofus from those multi-accounters there are so many of them i dont think they will ever put a restriction on them so why not a server were it at least somewhat restricted.

0 0
Respond to this thread