FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Guild system improvements

By Eoxxx September 08, 2015, 09:29:41

Hi ^^

I have been playing both - Wakfu and Dofus, and so I have seen some nice stuff that Wakfu guild system has and some nice attributes that Dofus guild system possesses.

There are some minuses that Dofus guild system currently have:

1)The ranks are old and basically mean nothing now as long as we make them to mean something.

2)The guild evolution is based on XP donation, which does not suit those players who do not farm XP, but do professions or breed, or do other stuff in Dofus, that has no relation to XP.

3) Ranks and rights are maintained by officers and the system does not provide automatic ranking or automatic control to see if anyone has broken any rules or done anything else. Only thing the system provides is to see how long a character has been inactive, how much XP he/she has donated and IF someone counts - how many perceptors the person currently uses.

4) There is no possible way to mute a person in guild chat other than banning them from guild.

5) The ranking system and the meaning of certain ranks are different in every guild, so without consulting a guild's forum, if there is one, there is no other possible way how to get this information.

6)Guild level does not follow up with the community or activity of the guild.

Wakfu offers incomplete, but a variable way for guild management.

1) The ranks and rights the rank have can be managed - you can write any rank to anyone with variable rights.

2) Commitment to guild and guild evolution is determined by Guild points, which are collected by daily guild quests - craft, dungeon run and mob hunt - including if you hunt together with your guild mate, you both gain GP.

3) The guild has their own bank.

Another imperfection to Dofus guild system is that it is not possible to limit or remove /g chat right.

Two options concerning /g chat should be nice to have -

1) a limitation that a character can not send a message that contains a swear word;

2) a right to the /g chat, which is removed if things get out of control.

So my current suggestions are to make guild system a bit more like Wakfu's or add just some features that would help manage the guild more efficiently.
The first two are just a bit above.

3)Adding a possibility for guild leader to edit ranks, rank names, rights, have unlimited or high number of ranks possible.

4) as addition to this - add a tab where a member can see each rank, the requirements, rights.

5)Also another tab concerning guild rules and guidelines would be nice.

6) automatic distribution of ranks, (if they are not special ranks-these ranks would only be distributed by guild leader or anyone who possesses these rights), so when a guild member reaches certain amount of XP donated to guild, he is automatically up-ranked.

7) Guild accessible bank depository that would have multiple tabs, and rights concerning access to these tabs. Also a log book - who added and who removed something from guild bank and when. And a complete logbook available online dofus main site.

8) Maybe add a new additional way to help the guild advance in level - achievement points in total, kamas donation, daily quests for XP hunting/professions or daily crafts/for game quests, that would give as a reward XP to the guild.

9)Usage of guild houses is ineffective as one house may only contain certain amount of chests and these chests contain only a limited amount of
slots for items. houses should be replaced with guild bank, or should be kept for another purpose, like improvements to guild bank are unlocked by the number of guild houses owned.

10)The right - character may place perceptors should be edited - so that it is possible to determine how many perceptors the character may have placed, before placing new ones. This way no one will be able to place more perceptors than they are allowed to.

11) Addition to 10th - adding a limit of days perceptors may be collecting for would help to determine if the perceptor is active or forgotten - inactive. For example adding a value of 0 would mean unlimited time, but a value of 10, would mean 10 days until the perceptors are set to be inactive. If the perceptors are inactive - then they show up marked red in the guild perceptor tab OR are automatically collected and this loot is automatically transferred into guild bank - therefore for P vs P players - another tab in Alliance temple book should be added - expired perceptors - where anyone can see if the perceptor will soon be automatically collected, so they may have some extra fun.

12) a detailed log of perceptor collection, auto-collection or defeat, defenses and attacks should be made and should be available in dofus main site, showing details of the names of the attackers, time of the attacks, the names of defenders, the result of the defense, the total loot estimated in kamas when defeated collected, auto-collected, and the name of person who placed the perceptor.

13)nothing important but something that would help guilds to build strong community would be in-game forums for guilds (also available from dofus main site). Most guilds that have a strong community already have made a guild forum, but it is hard to link it with the actual game-play or current status in the guild, as you would have to update the statuses every day for every guild member.

14) guild advancing in level could be changed, or just there could be new ways how to level guild available as mentioned before.

15) Those drops that perceptor has collected, but the player does not take from perceptors inventory could be transferred to guild bank in tab for perceptors.

I hope this will b heard and some changes might come soon. If you have any other suggestions or you disagree with me at some point, please, you are welcome to post below.

P.S. I might get some more ideas of improvements that would make ''guilding'' more fun, easy and regulated.

Sincerely,
Ox-Lime

5 0
First Ankama intervention

I should mention that a number of features requested in this list are already addressed in the sticky at the top of this forum:
Click here

However, I've made a list of the others and sent them to the devs for evaluation. I'll let you know what they say when I get a response. =)

It's unlikely that there will be major reforms to the guild system until the devs are ready to revamp the way that guild rights are managed.

See message in context
Reactions 19
Score : 1255

I agree with basically everything you've suggested above Ox, my only hope would be that if a guild bank was implemented, access to that bank could be restricted to certain guild members and that guild houses are relevant and important as myself and a few of my SiCs have purchased 8 houses among the 3 of us with others owning houses that they wish to add to the guild as well.

1 0
Score : 302

Yes, in Wakfu access to guild bank can be restricted, and guild bank has many tabs, and each tab can be allowed or restricted to certain ranks.

0 0
Score : 6683

I've basically wasted all my xp into guild leveling -- and they are dead guilds at that. Since I'm 200 and don't care about ladder rankings, and don't have mounts to level up, where else would my xp go?

0 -1
Score : 321

Incarnation weapons

1 0

Thank you latvaja, this is a great suggestion about what to do, when you have nowhere to put your XP.

But back to the topic. - id like to hear more opinions about this - is it good, is it bad, is it missing something, your suggestions. Otherwise this will flow over and may not reach Ankama's ears, and the old guild system might be the same unchanged to many years to come...

0 0
Score : 60

These seem like great ideas Ox. The only addition and/or comment I have is that an in-game forum might be a bit "code-heavy" for the developers. A reasonable work-around I have seen in several games I have played is a tab in the guild menu for guild announcements that the Leader and Officers can edit. Much less coding and still helps with communication with an active guild. Other than that, these all seem like good ideas.

V3

1 0

Another idea - a tab where you can see the occupation of each guild member - professions, PvP, PvM(group or solo) etc.

At the same time some discussion is ongoing on ImpsVillage forum:
Click here

I would appreciate it very much if someone with excellent French and English skills could translate and re-post my post on a French Dofus forum, so it gets more attention.

There is some discussion on ImpsVillage forum about Dofus 3.0. It is most likely that guild system might not be changed during 2.XX, but IF it is changed, then in 3.0.

On Impsvillage people say that there is a problem with current dofus game syste and costom text, so random ranks and other random text isn' t possible currently - is that true?

0 0
Score : 2928

they could have an entire update dedicated to guild overhauls, and still have plenty to do after that to improve guilds. To put it nicely, the guild system in dofus is absolutely aweful. All it is is another chat menu with the added bonus of a perceptor, which honeslty has been diminished heavily, and access to alliance, which is less a guild feature and it's own feature..

The sheer fact that a guild leader cannot remove a house from a guild without kicking the member (which is very difficult, as it shows the account nickname, and you would have to kick all characters belonging to that account, which there is no way to look up by the nickname either) should speak enoguh on it's own that the guild system needs work... alot. and it also says that it is quite unlikely, as the guild system has not been changed one bit in my recallable memory, outside of the decrease of perceptor hp/resistances, and the xp required to lv the guild up.....

but i should at least say all your ideas are great, and would do wonders for the game....

1 0

Than you very much for your reply ^^

I got another idea - about perceptors.

Some players like their perceptors to gather as much loot as possible, some like them to have high PP, some doesn't care, so they could use their perceptors for wisdom, but currently the guild perceptors are mainly made as the guild leader likes, and every guild member has no other option on how they like their perceptors to be. So all perceptors are set by one example.

But - wouldn't it be great to make perceptors adjustable for each player on their own upon placing a perceptor?

This raises the question about the number of perceptors, as it depends on guild level and how many points are invested there - the number of perceptors could be linked directly with the guild level and wouldn't need excess points to be spent on.

The individualized perceptors - upon placing a perceptor a player can choose the stats of the perceptor - the points are used as they would be on the guild tab, but each guild member with the rights could make and use their own perceptor. Ofcourse the max stats/points would depend on the level of the guild.

This comes out of my own experience - some members would like to contribute more to the guild - these players could set wisdom perceptors on XP areas, to level the guild. Other players like to use resources that perceptors can gather, they would like Pod and PP perceptors.

Either a system that allows custom perceptors to be placed by any guild member who has the rights, or basically 2 or 3 perceptor builds - depends on guild level - to use - this would be easier to make happen - just add new perceptor potions, which summons the desired build perceptor.

The second way would be more simple for the dofus system to work with, but the players couldn't completely use the perceptors they would like.

Hopefully, these posts will reach Ankama' s ears x]

0 0

that would be handy. as it is, i see almost no perceptors invested into wisdom. My percs would be pure wisdom right now if changing between was feasable, but it takes a huge amount of potions to drop pp for wisdom.... it's just unreal. not to mention the amount of loot lost from doing so. So the indiividual percs seems nice, :x my percs that are out for nthing more than xp would sure appreciate it.

1 0
Score : 2985
1) a limitation that a character can not send a message that contains a swear word;
Avoidable far too easy, not worth it.

2) a right to the /g chat, which is removed if things get out of control.
Yes, good one.

3) Adding a possibility for guild leader to edit ranks, rank names, rights, have unlimited or high number of ranks possible.
4) as addition to this - add a tab where a member can see each rank, the requirements, rights.
5)Also another tab concerning guild rules and guidelines would be nice.
6) automatic distribution of ranks

Not really. Far too many changes (development, testing) for something to replace the existing and (more important) working system. Violates the №1 rule of development: "Don't touch it if it works".

7) Guild accessible bank depository that would have multiple tabs, and rights concerning access to these tabs. Also a log book - who added and who removed something from guild bank and when. And a complete logbook available online dofus main site.
I vote for guild chest, however the complete log (although I see what you want to achieve) is a spammable functionality. Might be better to do it some other way, like rights "can see only own cells / can see all cells / can access all cells" and the limit "can use 123 cells", and add the use of Guild Chest to Ankama Shield restrictions, so that untrustworthy people will not steal others items.

8) Maybe add a new additional way to help the guild advance in level
It seems pretty fair that active players who donate lots of XP have higher guild level.

9)Usage of guild houses is ineffective
Houses are player's property in first place, then sharing with guild goes.

10)The right - character may place perceptors should be edited
Yes, perceptors per player limit, yes.

11) Addition to 10th
Just more info on perceptor record in guild interface visible right away, not in tooltip: who placed, how many days ago (instead of date), how many pods, estimated value.

12) a detailed log of perceptor collection, auto-collection or defeat
In guild log, would be nice.

13)nothing important but something that would help guilds to build strong community
Troublesome for something you can have on any social network, like Facebook. Those who need it will have it some other way, and the development would be wasted on those who don't need.

15) Those drops that perceptor has collected, but the player does not take from perceptors inventory could be transferred to guild bank in tab for perceptors.
Well, why not?

I have another request for guild management:

Show in guild log not only the record "Abc has rejoined the guild", but also the character name and screen name of the person who invited the new player.
1 0

Well, it also would be nice if they added the time - like abcgordon has joined the guild for the first time. or abcgordon has rejoined the guild for the 10th time. Or abcgordon has left the guild for the 4th time or abcgordon has left the guild for the 5th time.

This way you can detect, if that player was in the guild at some point. Also adding the - who invited who - it is useful, but for example, in our guild we have officers and leader, who only possess the rights to invite, so controlling, who has the right, can control, who invited who.

Another idea - either state the position of Leader as the owner of the guild as a property or have a leader that is elected frequently and who can be demoted if needed + also adding a possibility that a guild can run without a leader for some time.

This though could be easily sabotaged - getting someone on the guild that invites a lot of guilds enemies at once and sabotaging the elections.

To avoid this another idea - adding a limitation to how many members can be invited and ho many members can be kicked in period of 24 hours(from 1 almanax to another). This limitation can be edited by guild leader or by anyone who has the right.

Another idea - the leader may have a chance to maintain his leadership unquestioned - thus voting is possible if the member has the right for it.

0 0
Score : 17

All this please.

1 0

Another idea derived from Wakfu - an automatic message from guild and alliance, containing main rules or daily info about events ongoing. Some alliances and guilds might want to add rules with links to web sites - to their forums or sites. So not to spam the chat with the www.my-dofus-guild-rules-are-here.com/rules/guild-rules/more-info/blablabla/ - add a box where guild and alliance can insert their site links and in chat it pops up as Click here.  

0 0

heck. just let us send an ankabox to the whole guild... that'd make me happy enough...

well that + give an alert when you login letting you know you have unread ankabox messages... and the ability to not receive the spam from ankama :/

that could go in a very very different topic. but god i hope you get a message across an guilds get better.

0 0
Score : 7465

Actually, it already is possible to send your entire guild a message over Ankabox

if you go down to where it says 'Guilds & clans", there's an option to send a group message to the guild.

0 0

have you actually done it? because while it's been there forever, it's never once worked for me. before it said i was sending to too many people, and now i just get "An unknown error occured."

0 0

I should mention that a number of features requested in this list are already addressed in the sticky at the top of this forum:
Click here

However, I've made a list of the others and sent them to the devs for evaluation. I'll let you know what they say when I get a response. =)

It's unlikely that there will be major reforms to the guild system until the devs are ready to revamp the way that guild rights are managed.

Score : 458

yep you are right m8 the guilds needs a improve

0 0
Respond to this thread