FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Alliance leader's rights

By phhhhhh - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - September 11, 2015, 21:31:38
AnkaTracker

Hello.As leader alliance i sometimes have problem in a\ chat,when members speaking bad (profanity etc).And unfortunatelly leader their guild and officers is not online,and cant silence him.I think its wrong i can ban whole guild but cant mute someone if he speak bad.Please give to alliance leader this right mute any alliance's member.This will increase the discipline and will make people respect the rules of the Alliance. 

1 0
First Ankama intervention

Unfortunately, the developers do not agree.

Indeed, they do not plan to provide such a tool; it is their firm belief that if someone should be toxic in a guild or in an alliance, then there is already a simple tool in place to deal with this issue: player eviction from the guild, or alternatively guild eviction from the alliance. This looming shadow of an eviction is, in their eyes, the best tool to have against toxic players.

See message in context
Reactions 11
Score : 80

Unfortunately that is something you'll have to deal with, as to impose these rules would defeat the purpose of a guild. Both guild and alliance are separate entities. It is your choice who you invite, and that is an aspect you simply cannot avoid. It is the guilds responsibility, not yours.

0 0
Score : 2273

you have to kick the guild. The game wants this drama and make chaos on the map of conquest.

0 0
Score : 303

It would require a lot of code-work to make it possible for an alliance leader to access other guilds and ban the bad-mouthers. It would be easier to implement an /a right ban for the whole guild.

Also alliances still have a need for ranks, as the alliance leader is the only one with the power to do anything, so if he is not online, the alliance may not function fully.

0 0
Score : 1900

This is why alliances need privileges like guilds, whereby the leader can delegate some of his responsibilities to others members, such as inviting, removing or blocking guilds or guild members. I am sure the system could be improved.

Right now, AvA is virtually dead. I have taken a look at servers other than my own, and inevitably the high-value territories are usually controlled by one alliance, in which everybody keeps a character. One way of eliminating this would be to block a single account from having members in multiple alliances. This would not block multi-accounters, but would force most players to make a choice. Another thing that would help would be to have the territories become vulnerable at random times.

Truly speaking, I think that eliminating AvA in favor of a city system, much like Wakfu. I think that in addition to Brakmar and Bonta, Astrub, Frigost Village (with the Snowbound Village), Amakna Village (with the Castle), Pandala, Suffolkia, and the two Otomai villages should be made full cities, with all the accoutrements. Each account could own houses in only one city, so multi-accounters could potentially have homes in several cities, but that is life. Residents of a city could vote for the city's leader, and potentially vote him out of office, in cases of bad leadership or too much time away. This last would work with the current alliance system too.

0 0
Score : 358

A feature where the alliance leader could just click on the subject name and press 'Mute in Alliance' or something like that would be great.

1 0
Score : 2221

I realize that this is an older thread, but alliance leaders being able to mute in /a chat would make a HUGE difference in the community atmosphere of the game.

Two years ago, when this thread was posted, alliances were dealing mostly with spammers and profanity. However, now we're dealing regularly with:

*racist/hate comments, degrading of religions
*people making jokes about horrible tragedies such as bombings/shootings, terrorism, and genocide
*comments "wishing death" or illness on someone's family
*people describing rape or laughing about pedophilia, or posting related links

When we bring up the subject of "toxicity" - the above list is what we're referring to. We play the game to have fun, not to be bombarded with toxic comments of the above nature.

So please give alliance leaders the tools to reduce this toxicity.

Another suggestion brought up was that of using the Wakfu city system.  That suggestion or keeping "alliances for community" and 4 alignments for group vs. group pvp would also help reduce the toxic atmosphere.

3 0
Score : 5

agree with anjewel

0 0
Score : 5489

+1 to anjewel.
There should also be a chat feature for everyone where you could simply report a comment, similar to Facebook.

0 0
Score : 1900

I agree with the suggestion of being able to mute people with a simple click on their name, and the ability for an alliance leader to be able to delegate this task to guild leaders and those in the lead guild. I, however, have not encountered this hate speech Anjewel speaks of. With so many words banned, even innocuous ones, and the sheer pressure of the masses, I cannot see how it could happen regularly. Nonetheless, aside from the odd joke about real life (like life in Kazakhstan - always full of foibles^^), I try to promote and live as if the game were separate. Indeed, perhaps if alliance and guild leaders promoted the cosplay aspect of the game (What has happened to all the Iop jokes?^^), we could, as Billy Joel sings, "forget about life for awhile."

0 0

Unfortunately, the developers do not agree.

Indeed, they do not plan to provide such a tool; it is their firm belief that if someone should be toxic in a guild or in an alliance, then there is already a simple tool in place to deal with this issue: player eviction from the guild, or alternatively guild eviction from the alliance. This looming shadow of an eviction is, in their eyes, the best tool to have against toxic players.

Score : -230

Guild and Alliance drama while irritating for idealistic individuals, keeps the alliance system lively. Without ways for spies and underminer to instigate chaos and discord, AvA will be a stagnant failure where there will be complete control by tyrannical/idealistic leaders. 

Chat chaos, sabotage and unruly behaviors are the tools by which weaker alliances can divide and conquer stronger alliances. It is all part of guild/alliance dynamic mechanism.

If you do not want guild/alliance drama, stay away from guild/alliance.
If you want the perks of guild/alliance, then bear with the drama.
If you take the role of an alliance/guild leader, then take the responsibility of maintaining order thru eviction of members/guild who are causing havok. Removing the "Freedom of Speech" of unruly members while enjoying their numeric membership is unfair and tyranical in nature. Why do you want to keep them as members while preventing them from chatting? Just say NO and remove those players from your guild/alliance. Problem solved.

1 0
Respond to this thread