FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why do you creators of this game never work at pvp?

By rominuuuuuuuuu - SUBSCRIBER - October 18, 2015, 13:28:05

Soo this is the main question why do you never work for pvp and it is alaways pvm updates and sometimes somme class changes yea now you may announced the new interserver kolosium but does that mean we can live only with kolosium? there are alot of ppl who quit this game because asicaly they doo not have what to doo when they logg in myself i basicaly logg just to talk with the old friends i made via this game and that is all there is no reward basicaly if you pvp kolosium is low rewarded same for perceptors the only satisfaction you gain from actual pvp content is if you want to be popular and to bragg at others but that does not encourage the others to practice pvp they feel like they are not good enugh to bragg at others and besides why would they fight others if they have nothing to gain from it they rather gather stufs that can increase theyr money wich is nothing bad about it but once they are donne they will find that they did it for nothing.
I guess you all noticed that the nr of players that quit this game is increasing compared to other games this game is alredy on a low lvl and doo not even have a various pvp system like all the other games so why would you just try and kill somme monsters with artificial intel all day long just for...idk what for for example on krosmasters you added somme league system that classify ppl and make the game more competitive and also more rewarding compared to dofus for exmple the pvp events also are actualy 0 for sure goulterminator is a intresting event and popular for us dofus players but except that there is nothing you have to zap sit 1 year and wait for that and even if you take part the rewards are also bad.I have read somme post of somme player of this game who was asking that if dofus can work with e sports so he can be considered an Electronic sport i find that laughable... so i a asking you now: why do you never care about pvp evryoane screams theyr desire for such things and they quit because they are missing it soo much.Do you guys doo not care about the ppl that play this game ? Do you guys doo not care about the game who started evrything aout amkama? Do you guys not care if you can lose your jobs? Because even if amkama got any other projects if there are no players in this game the amount of money you gain from it will lower more and more wich obviuosly will lead to reduction of personal....So all i am asking is... please try and work at this proble try to make the game popular try to increase the nr of ppl that would like to play this game find somme solutions because as how hard you can work at pvm you can also at pvp and you can also at making this game popular....Idk if meybe i am the only 1 that thinks like that or there are more
but nothing bad will lead if you try to doo those stuffs.

I am sorry for my bad spelling mistakes and thank you for taking time readding this.

2 0
First Ankama intervention

Could you please refrain from wishing nastiness onto each other? Such attacks contribute nothing to the debate, and if this goes on, I'll be forced to close this thread.

Please be civil to one another.

See message in context
Reactions 70
Score : 34

Hi Tazz,
I've been playing dofus for arround 7-8 years and I must agree with you. Pvp is dead in dofus for a long time. On Solar it's impossible to participate to the kolossium because there are only a few rich players that are monopolysing the kolossium fights and almost never lose. It's not fun anymore. On the other hand side, you have to wait arround 1 hour to get a fight and what for? You wait to lose or to get 100 kolossokens. 100 kolossokens are the equivalent of 25 000 kamas (1 sparkling pebble/spell point scroll = 250 000 kamas). During that time, you could get one million of kamas by doing other activities like farming ressources or crafting items. But like you say, once you have plenty of kamas, even that is not fun anymore. It seems to be a loss of time to me. It's not fun because the fights you get are not fair at all and because it's not rewarding enough. The actual system to get kolo fights doesn't work well either because in rare cases, you get while being a lvl 100 a fight against people that are lvl 180 or 190. Or you don't get fights at all. For instance on my sadida I played only one kolo fight and lost it. What happened? My kolo rating jumped from 1250 to 1520 for no reason. I already made a ticket to ankama about this and they said they'll tell it to the developpers team and that's it. Ok, this would be my first comment on this subject.
My second comment would be more about the 1vs1 pvp that I think should be promoted again. It was so much more fun and even if your oponnent had for instance an over powered set or whatever, you were still able to win if you were a good player and the rewards were decent too. I think that it would be great to let the option between 3v3 and 1vs1 in a further kolossium update. This way everyone would be happy.
My third comment would be about the English community servers. Most of these servers are slowly dying out. I think that a sustainable solution for this would be merging a few servers like Solar and Zathoishwan for instance or other servers too. With the new option of server transfer, we feel forced to emigrate to rushu, because on our servers, economy is becoming worse and worse and the number of players is going down aswell. Some servers feel like ghost towns.

Sincerely yours, Miss-Ceremoniale.

1 0
Score : 17

I want the old target system pvp back, you were able to level and to get enough money for items with those tokens. Increasing the pvp might bring some people back in our game, which is slowly dieing at the moment.

1 0
Score : 6102

The answer is: because to have balanced 1x1 PvP, they would have to ruin classes in every other area of the game. It's a cooperative game, and they DO make changes for PvP. The thing is...they focus on group PvP, rather than 1x1, because a few classes are a lot more favored in 1x1 settings than others. The reasoning is pretty simple, really.

And honestly, even if headhunter was still a thing, I bet people would still complain and quit the game. Why? Because headhunter isn't the reason why the game has become "worse", nor are the changes they made after. The problem is that the community changed. Bringing back headhunter might bring some players for a while, but they wouldn't stay for long anyway, and it ruin everything else.

0 0
Score : 460

Lynn I never sayd 1 v1 but 3 v3 5 v5 8v8 needs more rewards so you can have what to fight for meybe sets special only for pvp and pvm idk after you doo all the dungeons and all the pvm you have nothing else to doo but if you pvp you alaways find more fellows that change theyr tactics that improve themselfves that you can talk and tell them:"lalalalala i win'' i never sayd 1 v1^^

0 0
Score : 910

A game should never be balanced in the favour of pvp anyway, should always be pvm.

0 -1
Score : 738

You're just being selfish,the game should be balanced for both sides.

While I'd love if they revived HeadHunter,it's pointless to whine about it,but they should at least implement a new PvP system. KoTh clearly isn't enjoyable and Kolo isn't enough.

0 0
Score : 460

and it is balanced?

0 0
Score : 738

My post was to @Clatter, not you. Otherwisde I would quote you.

What I meant is that the game Should be balanced between PvM and Pvp,not only PvM.

0 0
Score : 6102
rominuuuuuuuuu|2015-10-18 15:31:00
Lynn I never sayd 1 v1 but 3 v3 5 v5 8v8 needs more rewards so you can have what to fight for meybe sets special only for pvp and pvm idk after you doo all the dungeons and all the pvm you have nothing else to doo but if you pvp you alaways find more fellows that change theyr tactics that improve themselfves that you can talk and tell them:"lalalalala i win'' i never sayd 1 v1^^
So...pebbles, spell point scrolls, emotes, dominance over areas, nuggets, xp, whatever collectors drop (which may even be a vulbis) are small rewards now? Hah. The rewards are enough. The problems are other things (koliseum frequency/balance between teams, AvA being boring, so on). Increasing rewards in PvP will only make the community worse in PvP, as the stakes get higher. The PvP environment is already really bad.

Plus, most of spell balance seems aimed towards PvP.
0 0
Score : -160

I have to say the balance in even 3v3 is atrocious. I leveled a new alt for kolo purposes and its a good built cra (12/6 4 range 3 summons about 600 in int/cha 250% pow high resist). I register for kolo today. It was 200 12/6 cha elio, 163 res/int osa, 199 str/cha sadi versus 165 int/cha cra (me), 200 str/int iop and a 174 cha/agi panda.

Turn 2 I was killed by the elio... soon after the iop and panda were killed too. People say you can't balance 1v1, well here's a news flash: They can't even balance 3v3.

I know interserver should fix the whole issue with 160's having to fight 200's but seriously, how much longer will that take? They are just now testing it and the amount of time that will take could be years looking at other huge overhauls they have done.

My point is this like the OP i agree that new pvp systems need to be integrated. AvA needs to be worth the time investment, kolo shouldn't take 30 minutes to wait to only lose in the end which happened to me 14 times yesterday with my cra.

I can't even kolo on my panda because elio's basically outdo everything a panda can do. In PvM my friends keep asking me to change to elio. Elio's can heal, boost dmg far beyond what vuln does and on top of that it does it on all players/monsters in the area of the portal. Then their own damage is retarded and heals thru the portals almost beat eni's WoR!

Exactly why do pandas even exist anymore they minaswell delete them because elios have taken our one and only niche and EXCEL at it!

Honestly they need to either 1. Buff all the older classes that are basically outplayed by the newer classes/revamped classes. Or 2. Start the nerf hammer again, because a 200 elio hitting 3.1k in 1 turn is beyond broken its crazy...

0 0
Score : 2866

Hmph.
Pvp doesn't need any buffs at all, and no one should be rewarded for pvping either.
It's because of pvp that pvm constantly gets ruined, whether it be because of the introduction of pebbles or adjusting spells that would of previously be fantastic to use against monsters because some spells are fantastic to use against players too.

All these previously support characters getting their own damage buffs and reduction of their supporting capabilities is nonsense plain and simple.
Ankama could instead give spells different functions dependent on whether it was pvp or pvm, but no, they have to nerf and buff randomly for no good reason at all.

Pvp should be done as a hobby,not as a reliable source of income or experience.
That just promotes griefing.
Instead of using resources to better pvp, they should use them to develop the questing system like any good RPG should.

0 0

DragonmasterLance your ideology is faulty. Sure PvM should be a central part of the game.
But so should PvP. Look and all the successful games and tell me which game didn't have really engaging PvP.
Peoples hearts race for PvP not PvM. After endgame what really is there? Nothing. This is why Ankama cannot hold onto their older playerbase.
I like PvM don't get me wrong and it is sad that in the past PvP changes equated to PvM changes.
But regardless the state of PvP in this game is beyond pitiful and it needs changing. PvM gives the greatest rewards of all.
Pebbles and spell scrolls don't even slice the cake even so please don't try to say PvP has equal rewards.
One run from Vortex and you have basically gained 20-30mk.

0 0
Score : 7682

... I don't understand what you want, exactly. First, it's absurd to say that Ankama never updates PvP. Every time Ankama re-balances characters, that changes PvP. Every time Ankama adds new areas to fight in, that changes PvP. Every time Ankama updates PvP reward mechanics (as they just did with the new way to generate Nuggets), that changes PvP. PvP is constantly in flux. Almost every update adds new wrinkles, or changes the balance of power.

The game already has five different PvP systems in it (challenges, alignment-based aggressions, Perceptor battles, large-scale AvA battles, and the Kolosseum). How many more do you need? If you don't want to do some of those, why is that Ankama's fault? How should Ankama change them so that you would want to do them?

Ankama needs to update PvM, because the "M" is something that only Ankama can add or change. Players can't create new monsters to fight. But Ankama can't add new player opponents for you to fight, only other players can do that.

I'm confused as to the general opinion on PvP rewards. If PvP is something you only do post-endgame, why would it need to have better rewards than PvM? Post-endgame, by definition, is when you've already gotten everything you can get.

Basically, what I'm saying here, is that instead of just repeating "PvP is bad and needs to be more engaging" over and over, maybe explain what you think "more engaging" would mean.

0 0
Score : 2866
DarkTerrorHaruka|2015-10-19 15:34:48
DragonmasterLance your ideology is faulty. Sure PvM should be a central part of the game.
But so should PvP. Look and all the successful games and tell me which game didn't have really engaging PvP.
Peoples hearts race for PvP not PvM. After endgame what really is there? Nothing. This is why Ankama cannot hold onto their older playerbase.
I like PvM don't get me wrong and it is sad that in the past PvP changes equated to PvM changes.
But regardless the state of PvP in this game is beyond pitiful and it needs changing. PvM gives the greatest rewards of all.
Pebbles and spell scrolls don't even slice the cake even so please don't try to say PvP has equal rewards.
One run from Vortex and you have basically gained 20-30mk.
First point: After endgame why do you need better rewards? You have done everything there is to possibly do (That's why it's called end game).
If you are only pvping at endgame, you should be A: Doing it for Fun or B: Because you are bored of lvling up your next character.
Ankama can't hold onto their playerbase because they neglect the previous majority in favor of the new majority, Multi Clienters, they keep changing things people don't want changes and ultimately because people move on to bigger and better things.

Second Point: If you are specifically PvPing to get rewarded, then you are doing it wrong and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Third Point: I never said PvP had equal rewards, but the fact that a lot of the pebbles gained solely from PvP and Spell Point Scrolls is already a big advantage over mediocre pvm rewards that only multi clienters and people with awesomely unselfish friends and guild mates can obtain.

And Fourth Point: See Point 3.

There is nothing wrong with my ideology, it's just the fact you are unable to accept my opinion as an opinion differing from your own.

I also concur with everything Schmendrick has said.
0 0
Score : 25970
Schmendrick|2015-10-19 15:51:25
The game already has five different PvP systems in it (challenges, alignment-based aggressions, Perceptor battles, large-scale AvA battles, and the Kolosseum).
I just want to add Goultarminator to that list... And AFAIK, there is no PvM event that can surpass the rewards given at goultarminator.
0 0
Score : 293

PvP , specifically Kolossium (because it yelds XP) needs to have more fair,frequent match-ups (inter-server kolo, yay ) - pretty much the only alternative for new players (I don't think actual new players could ever have such success in kolo as I did though, but with fair, frequent fights they actually might) to efficiently level up would be to get leeched as finding actual balanced party to do dungeons with would be like a dream .
I can safely say that because I myself leveled from 50 to 129 doing mostly Kolo and Frig 1 with Idols (yes I leeched from time to time until 100ish when it couldn't be called exactly leeching) - that was not as enjoyable as running dungeons could be and it also was quite repetitive and uninteresting (the Frig mobs I mean, kolo is very much fun) , everything else was simply not efficient.

I'd like there to be a reason to participate in Alignment battles though.

0 0

Could you please refrain from wishing nastiness onto each other? Such attacks contribute nothing to the debate, and if this goes on, I'll be forced to close this thread.

Please be civil to one another.

Really sad the responses I'm seeing here. Its either flaming or outright "you are doing it wrong you should be ashamed of yourself."

If you can't see my balanced points I'm basically talking to a brick wall.

Good day.

(And just to add that not even goultarminator gives as great a rewards as doing 2 Vortex achieves. Both are hard but Vortex is not a 1x a year thing.
Not to mention the value gained from exo maging said gear.)

doyoupeopleevenendgame?

0 0
Score : 25970
DarkTerrorHaruka|2015-10-19 19:04:47
(And just to add that not even goultarminator gives as great a rewards as doing 2 Vortex achieves. Both are hard but Vortex is not a 1x a year thing.
Not to mention the value gained from exo maging said gear.)
Well, vortex is not an event. it is simply a content. I said and I quote "no PvM event that can surpass the rewards given at goultarminator".

If you want to drop something from fighting other players, then you should consider playing in the heroic server.
0 0