By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Update, new Function - and no Option

By TeamVith - SUBSCRIBER - January 24, 2016, 18:48:33

Hello,

with this update, another feature is introduced in fights. A feature that looks funny on paper, but is the most annoying thing I've seen so far.
I'm speaking of this: Whenever your number of AP/MP changes during a fight (whether you spend them, get them buffed or refilled at the end of turn) the number won't just go from (for example) 10 to 7, but it will count down 10, 9, 8, 7 (very fast) instead. Additionally the bubble/circle around the number will expand shortly.
Now imagine a turn where you use Catnip 3 times, make several short movesments or generally use a lot of cheap spells. The numbers will run down like mad and the circle around keeps expanding (and contracting). This is very distracting and incredible annoying. Don't believe me? Go check the beta!

So I searched for an option that disables this madness, but I found nothing. So I asked for it and what is the answer? "We don't want too much options".

Now watch this: I went to the option menu and looked just at the category "Performance". The first option is "Automatically trigger the aura when facing forwards". But you also have this drop-down menu for auras. If the option is active, the auras will work (whether you set it to "mouseover", "in turns", "all auras"), without the tick it's like you set it to "no auras" (even if you chose "all auras for" for example). This means this option is useless, since the drop-down menu gives you all controll you need.

Then we got "Display menu shadows". Activate it! Search for the shadows! Now tell me: Is anybody out there who consciously activated it, because of the adorable shadows? Or did anybody actually deactivated it, because the shadows made you lag (we are at the Performance section)? In fact, I couldn't find any shadows, any difference. Why does this option even exist?

"Multi-account optimisation". Read the tool-tip. Sounds good, eh? Better performance for everybody! Now tell me a single reason why I would want to deactivate it. The tool-tip at least gives me none. Why do we have an option, with no reason to deactivated?

Now there are 3 pointless options in "Performance" alone. If Ankama doesn't want too much options, why this?
But now look! There's an option to disable "special NPC animations". There's an option to disable spell animations. There's an option to disable damage animations. We already have options to deactivate animations we don't like. But instead of giving us another useful option to deactivate annoying circle wobbling they rather hold on to useless options - and tell us "We don't want the option menu to be to full".
Stop this nonsense! Give us the possibility to get rid of things we don't like! Since 10 years nobody cared about the AP/MP display. Why would you change it??

If you agree, please let us know. Let the developers know!

5 0
Reactions 6
Score : 4342
TeamVith|2016-01-24 18:48:33
With this update, another feature is introduced in fights. A feature that looks funny on paper, but is the most annoying thing I've seen so far.
I'm speaking of this: Whenever your number of AP/MP changes during a fight (whether you spend them, get them buffed or refilled at the end of turn) the number won't just go from (for example) 10 to 7, but it will count down 10, 9, 8, 7 (very fast) instead. Additionally the bubble/circle around the number will expand shortly.
Now imagine a turn where you use Catnip 3 times, make several short movesments or generally use a lot of cheap spells. The numbers will run down like mad and the circle around keeps expanding (and contracting). This is very distracting and incredible annoying. Don't believe me? Go check the beta!

Then we got "Display menu shadows". Activate it! Search for the shadows! Now tell me: Is anybody out there who consciously activated it, because of the adorable shadows? Or did anybody actually deactivated it, because the shadows made you lag (we are at the Performance section)? In fact, I couldn't find any shadows, any difference. Why does this option even exist?
I agree, the new AP/MP GUI animations will take some getting used to... and I never understood what the "menu shadows" were xD
0 0
Score : 5

Would like this lag creator to be fixed aswell.
Same with the forced animated tiles.

0 0
Score : 1704

I've noticed the expanding bubble around the numbers, but not the counting down of numbers.
It's not really something that bothers me, and once my turn starts I don't need to know how much AP I have left(usually) as I have all the AP costs memorized.

I haven't checked to verify myself if it counts down- But if it does It may be a good idea to have the numbers snap down instead of counting down, it's very aesthetically pleasing and I imagine this is just simply better for new people.
I wouldn't want new(young) players thinking under an assumption that if they can cast fast enough they can use the AP currently displayed before it counts down all the way.
-
This is not a fact but simply a speculation.

0 0
Score : 4342

AP/MP bouncing making me and my 2G RAM laptop lag. plis turn off

0 0
Score : 36

Agree on this, I also play on a low end laptop and the new tiles and AP/MP animation just make me lag even more. If you guys even created a 1.29 server on the hispanic community because a lot of people didn't have powerful enough pc's to play on 2.0, the least you can do is give us an option to disable those lag creating features.

0 0
Score : 388

agree

0 0
Respond to this thread