FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Cosmetical Rare item drops

By lamasterthomas - SUBSCRIBER - March 24, 2016, 20:43:23

Like you all know, Most of the Rare drops have been deleted out of the game.
This is mostly because those items where important to have and ankama thought they shouldn’t be a lucky drop.
But a lot of us still like the ‘grinding’ part of the game.

The idea:

A Cosmetical item like Ceremonial items(Veteran rewards) being an extreme rare drop on dungeons or while doing professions (Like 0,001% chance) This items must be Linked to the character.

Completely useless item just for the looks. See it as a extra thing you could get from grinding dungeons.

For example : A mini Count harebourgh pet or a Captain meno costume (Everything is possible)

Good Example of how ''Ultra-Rare (useless) drops'' get hype for a game!(Click here!)

Benefits for players?

- Bring back grinding to the game which alot of players like

- A lot more playing hours to try and get those items.

- Another goal to go for. (Finaly you can leave sitting at the zaap all day waiting for updates to come :blink: )

- The key market will go up.

- There’s a extra goal to do a dungeon after you completed all the achievements.

Benefits for ankama?

- People who may stop with the game, will continue playing to get this item.

- People will subscribe all their accounts to be able to do the dungeons.

- There will be way more hours spent on Dofus/Wakfu. Game will be more played. (Suggested by: (Rus)Trance))

Suggestions from other people:

- Do a contest where players can design a cool cosmetically item which will be dropped on a dungeon.

- Let multiple dungeons drop a part of this and if you have all you can combine them in the workshop to get you ‘Ceremonial item’.

If any of you have some ideas for this please add them under biggrin

12 0
First Ankama intervention

I like this idea, I'll send it to the devs. =)

See message in context
Reactions 29
Score : 170

Very nice post. I'd also like to add to ''Ankama's benefits'' one thing:
There will be way more hours spent on Dofus/Wakfu. Game will be more played. And ''0,001'' seems to be extremely rare. I'd rather put one zero off. At rate of 0,001 I'd rather try to drop a Vulbis =D

- (Rus)Trance

1 0
Score : 1184

Looks good, I'll relay this to reddit, might be some people interested there who don't read the forums.

In my opinion this is great. Might get me to do the gobbal dungeon more then 2 times for achievs. What kind of stuff do you have in mind? Like the Living objects? Or more subscribtion rewards?

Tompicatju, DarkVlad.

1 0
Score : 96

Some sort of challenges like doing a certain dungeon with only a Gobbal set and a certain amount off people, a bit like the idea of the community challenges but with a chance of a reward. For example a small chance to get 1 of the 4 Armoured Dragonturkey parts on a fun way and with a bit of grinding.

1 0
Score : 1543

I disagree that the reason to do this would be to inspire players to run dungeons again and again. After all, there have been rare dungeon drops for a long time, ranging from meat that improves characteristics to the Vulbis Dofus. I have really high pp, and even I do not farm dungeons much, let alone anybody I know (Did lord Crow today for the heart at the request of a friend only).

I had been planning to propose a change in the system of dropping materials for dungeon keeper essences, as those drops are often so rare, it becomes easier to run an xp-alt just for the automatic achievement rewards. This defeats the purpose of using main characters to do a dungeon more than once, excepting for rare, non-automatic drops, such as the Vulbis Dofus or Lord Crow's Heart.

Rare drops are a nice idea, but please solve the issue with regards to DK essence materials first.

1 0
Score : 17

I like this idea, because there's no reasonable prize from grinding some dungeons.In addition It would be cool if the cosmetic pet u get then gets diferent aspect the more you continue grinding the dungeon after getting it. For example if u do the dungeon 100 times with the cosmetic pet equiped it would maybe become cooler with some particle effects, animations or aspect. The royal gobbal would get shiny crown at 100 dungeon runs after having to farm in order to get it.

1 0
Score : 2506

Great idea~ If the rare drop was cute or cool enough I'd run the dungeon more often, with friends for fun and the chance to drop it. tongue

1 0

I like this idea, I'll send it to the devs. =)

Score : 1253

1year later, still not seeing it in game tongue could we get some hype back for this idea

a grindable endgame thing like this would get me back pvming for sure, loved the grinding part of dofuswub 

3 0
Score : 645

I think another idea for that might be: "Dungeon Boss Emote" as a drop. Of course different for each dungeon with the theme of particular dungeon.

Or this kind of Emote could be a reward for example for new achievement which might be - Run Dungeon 100 times (or more).

It will allow players to show that they are veteran in some of the dungeons. And it will also for sure make key market running better again!

1 0

@Gandereq Very nice ideas ohmy

I was thinking about my idea... and would like to add something to tongue

My idea was to make it a drop, which would make it reliable to Prospecting and Idols.... which would not give everyone whos doing the dungeon the same chance for it which sounds unfair for me....

Maybe better let the ''Npc who to talk to to leave the dungeon'' give you a small chance on this cosmetical thing, so every run of the dungeon has the same amount of chance for it... not just people with alot of pp and idols.

Which means EVERYONE can become lucky and get this (hopefully) COOLEST items in the game.

ALL hardcore endgame collectors would go for this! if its rare and cool enoug.
(The coolest cosmetical items will not be a Pay2Win item! Like veteran rewards..which was a awesome update to )

0 0
Score : 28

HYPE!

Ankama plz

1 0

At the moment, this is not a priority for the developers. Our apologies.

Score : -132

Of course, gonna bankrupt otherwise wink

1 -1

Since none of our hype has been enough to prove Cosmetical Rare Item Drops are worth bringing into the game.

Here's some real life theory why Rare Cosmetical Drops will increase the playtime and so the Subscription time.

https://youtu.be/Xu6pXCxiRxU?t=2m48s

Yes, this video is actually about Loot boxes, but that's not the reason why it is linked here.

The part from 2:48 till around 6:00 minutes is about the influence of Dopamine on our motivation to continue playing a game. Rare Cosmetical Drops is a way to provide the making of Dopamine.

What is Dopamine? 
It is the chemical that makes you sort of high and happy.
Also found in several drugs.

Another reason why Ankama should consider Rare Cosmetical Drops, or a item such like this.
(please don't make us spend more money then subscription for this :unsure: )

4 0
Score : 5473

lamasterthomas|2018-01-12 22:16:46
(please don't make us spend more money then subscription for this :unsure: )

I’m liking for this because that’s what it comes down to.
1 0

First of all, It's a huge honour to see some of my idea's getting it into the game. ohmy

Let's talk about the current way this idea is in the game (beta 2.48)

People being rewarded:
- Spammers of dungeons and souls (for example korri dungeon and souls)
- Users of Prospecting
- Users of Idols (Good one in my opinion)

People being left out:
- Solo/duo/trio run dungeons (For example this could be solved by adding a x10 droprate on solo run)
- Lower lvls doing a higher level dungeon
- People doing harder or long taking dungeons

Is ankama sure this is the way they want it into the game? Maybe some numbers should be changed so it is balanced??

(Idea: REWARD VARIATION decrease the % drop if people do more of the same dungeon? up the %drop when other dungeons are ran)

0 0
Score : 44

If it isn't much trouble, what exactly is being implemented as drops? I'm out of the loop

0 0
Score : 568

It kinda hurts solo players, but it doesn't. All you gotta do is group with some friends. It doesn't even have to be a full group(or if you don't trust other people - subscribe for 1 week with 7 additional accounts). You will have to spam to get it, else its not a rare item, seriously.
And this isn't WoW where you can get a chance at an Event mount only once per day per character. You can literally spam a dungeon 24/7 if you have the time and keys. There are no lockouts. It just takes some time. And i really like that these kind of "impossible" drops have once again made their way back in the game - especially that they offer people who work hard for them some kind of bling for their effort. And I do understand that a lot of people work irl, but even then if you put enough time you will eventually drop it - you have a month to do so. If not, in case souls work with these drops - but they may not - you can prepare for next year and nothing will be lost, that is unless Ankama will not bring them back, then it becomes a race against the clock.

Other than that, I'd agree to buff the drop rates on harder bosses since 0,005% on Count/Freezz etc. compared to 0,001% on Kwakwa is pretty funny to me. Unless the devs really want us to smash thousands of the low lvl dungeons because in no way higher lvl ones are going to be efficient at the proposed rates.

@SketchyJK the new drops are cosmetic pet ceremonial items: Al Howin Gobtubby (with a pumpkin head) and Minowang (a kinda cosmic purple looking minotaur)

Edit: I've updated the % chances because i've checked with beta right now.

0 0
Score : 140

This idea sounds good and i love, would be awesome to drop something like hispanic shield, old emotes like magnolia, and some new stuff ofcourse, we miss some old stuff

0 0
Score : 25843

Ankama has remove achievement quest that are completed by completing repeatable quest a number of times (like frigost soap fight night quest) because they do not encourage repetitive activities. Same goes for temple dopples.... Ankama do not want players to spend their time doing the same thing over and over again. In short, they do not care what players wants to do, they know better what we should be doing with our time.

0 -1

Gunnerwolfang|2018-09-06 15:10:15
Ankama has remove achievement quest that are completed by completing repeatable quest a number of times (like frigost soap fight night quest) because they do not encourage repetitive activities. Same goes for temple dopples.... Ankama do not want players to spend their time doing the same thing over and over again. In short, they do not care what players wants to do, they know better what we should be doing with our time.

Well in that case, what they are doing right now contradicts your point. You will spend more time dropping the rare pet ceremonial item than you'd spend on dopples etc. , and it all comes down to repeating the same dungeon again and again for maximum efficiency. If Ankama really wanted to disencourage repetitive activities, then they would revamp the items to always be perfect stats, and to get tokens from dungeon runs to facilitate gearing and reduce the RNG factor, suprisingly, they are not doing that. So while I don't advocate for removing daily/repeatable quests like they did with dopples, I disagree with your point that Ankama has this sort of approach - quite the opposite, since this game is subscription based, grind is the only thing that you can expect to stay here forever - even if the form may vary.
0 0

Maybe it is not a total removal of all repetitive activity, but it is still an approach that discourages repetitive activities. How many dofus remains as repetitive grind based activities? Yes they kept vulbis as dropped acquired but all real dofus are now non-repeatable quest based acquired. My point is, just because they are making a few repetitive activity, does not mean they do not discourages repetitive activities, especially since that is what they essentially stated when they remove previous repetitive activities.

As for the rare ceremonial pets.... Not interested in acquiring them. I already have more than enough rare item that they no longer feel rare.

0 -1

jeteemluzak|2018-09-06 15:28:34
I disagree with your point that Ankama has this sort of approach - quite the opposite, since this game is subscription based, grind is the only thing that you can expect to stay here forever - even if the form may vary.

I disagree. They could also prolong their game by simply working hard on making new contents.
0 -1

It's not like this small indie company has stopped working on new content, especially when they've said that they are adding Ebony Dofus questline at the end of this year. These ceremonial items are content to an extent, because they bring people back to the literally dead dungeons that nobody really does anymore unless they are leveling from zero or boosting an alt through them. (i don't mean korri ofc, the low lvl ones) It's like a global dungeon rusher but not for a "do once - get shield" type of deal.

Not to mention that they often add new zones with new dungeons when an update hits + they did add a new mount species last update with some pretty complicated catch and breeding mechanics to go along with them.

I view this addition to the game as the return to the old ways, at least a bit. If it is met with a welcome from the community, we can probably expect more cosmetics or even rare useful items with stats. I would really like a rare weapon/piece of equipment crafted like the Ellie's Mental Amulet, but not dropped from apewicubes since this promotes just camping all 4 rooms of one single dungeons for eternity until you get the stones you need. Or maybe perhaps a quest to upgrade the Blord Warrior's scythe to a staff so you can mage the bloody thing since its far weaker than the sword!

0 0
Respond to this thread