By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A step towards the future.

By Kraziee August 06, 2016, 22:41:31

Hey everyone, so I was zaap sitting and started up a conversation with other players about the infamous "Leeching."
What has happened to the game that Dofus used to be back in the old 1.29 days, when low-leveled players would team up
and actually xp hunt, and explore new areas? One big factor we brought up was of course, Frigost. Nowadays players grind
their way to 50 as fast as possible and jump straight into a wis set and set shore for Frigost. What could we do to encourage
players to actually take their time, enjoy the game, explore the world of 12, go questing, etc? So much lower leveled content
is brushed aside due to this. A curious idea was to make Frigost level 100+ to access. Of course this won't be the only solution but it is
nonetheless a step towards the future of recreating the game that so many of us fell in love with in the first place. Please let me
know what you all think about this, and other ideas that could contribute. I would love to hear your thoughts!

- Mystagon

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 25830

The real problem is not leeching but the lack of new players coming into the game.

What is the point of old players who already have a level 200 to redo all the low level contents again? They will not enjoy the experience of doing everything all over again.
New players do take it slow, but there are no new players coming into the game.

0 0
Score : 285
Gunnerwolfang|2016-08-06 23:52:28
The real problem is not leeching but the lack of new players coming into the game.

What is the point of old players who already have a level 200 to redo all the low level contents again? They will not enjoy the experience of doing everything all over again.
New players do take it slow, but there are no new players coming into the game.

This is true. Wish we could find a way to market the game. I remember back then all the servers being very active due to a lot of people finding out about the game via "Miniclip."
0 0
Score : 5959

The biggest thing they can do is marketing to get more people coming in the game. That's huge and it's beyond me why they don't do it.

I'd also like them to work on balancing out the server populations better. If new players are directed at servers such as Solar or Zato by the automatic server selector, they're going to think the game is dead and likely not get very far.

One other thing I'd like: a hero system. This should help for a few reasons:

1. Makes the game more accessible for new players who can complete content more readily.
2. Brings us closer to an even playing field between those who multi-account and those who can't.
3. Makes it easier for players to find groups to do things with - you need a much smaller amount of players if each has multiple characters to offer.
4. Let's be honest, the players have spoken. They want to run multiple characters. It's only logical for it to be a formal feature. Best to implement it and then design with it in mind going forward.

I do, of course, agree with making level 100 (or at least 80-90) the required level for Frigost.

0 0
Score : -5670

For some reason, the game has stopped to welcome new players.

Due to smaller and smaller player base, and due to increased difficulty of end game content which doesn't make it so reliable and rewarding to do random groups, multi accounting is almost absolutely required to be able to make any noticeable progress in game.
Those accounts need to be subbed: either with irl money, or by farming kamas to be used on the kama/ ogrine market.
When one has to spend a lot of time farming for kamas for ogrines, or when one has to pull a lot his/ her wallet to sub more accounts regularly, then being helpful stops being so rewarding.

It has become like rl life: a cruel world.

A beginner doesn't even have the means to get the simplest of mats or sets by him/herself, since low level mats/ gear that a beginner player can farm simply do not sell anymore, only stuff above 19X +, and wis equipment.
So why would a beginner player stick with this game?

And to get back to your suggestion:
Nope!
I bet most of the players, being old players, don't have the patience nor the time to level to 100 on kanis, pigs or blops, over and over again on their new chars/ accounts.
The players base is made mostly by old players nowadays. Those have to be kept happy. Or the players base will drop even more. That could only force the game to become F2P in the end.

I am sorry to be so pessimistic, but this is more or less the actual situation of the game.

And last but not least, it is not our call nor duty, but Ankama's, to try to find new players and make the game reborn and live a second youth and booming period.

0 -2
Respond to this thread