FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Advertising!

By IwannakillU - SUBSCRIBER - September 02, 2016, 16:38:25

Like the title says, I strongly suggest you to advertise the game more! When I started playing back in 2007 it was because of a random add on a website I was on. I fell in love with the game then because of the massive amount of people there used to be on every single map. It was super easy to make friends, markets were flourishing , people used to actually play together instead of building 8 clients team of their own. We need new players in dofus because as it is right now, there are more vets than there are new players. Thank you !

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 6689

There are some advertising venues that players can organize to pursue.

:wacko: Come up with some ideas.

0 -1
Score : 1787

I feel like they've done a pretty good Job at advertising with there iOS and Android apps, paying for ads to be displayed on certain websites is an idea that I think they've used in the past, television ads are probably out of the question. If they could get Dofus on something like Steam that would be killer.

0 0
Score : 813
AnthonyClark|2016-09-06 20:07:47
I feel like they've done a pretty good Job at advertising with there iOS and Android apps, paying for ads to be displayed on certain websites is an idea that I think they've used in the past, television ads are probably out of the question. If they could get Dofus on something like Steam that would be killer.
They actually did run some TV adds in the U.S. on Comedy Central but the ads were horrible even trying to make fun of the name at one point pronouncing it Doofus instead of Dofus which I think backfired big time. I've seen morons on forums who didn't know doofus is spelled with two o's laugh off playing the game just because they thought that is what the name was so I really don't think them trying to make a joke of it in the commercial helped sell the game at all. Wakfu has been on Steam for a while now and I think if it really helped they would have put Dofus up already. Maybe it couldn't hurt but I don't know how much it would help either honestly.
0 0
Score : -1890

If marketing aint going that well lately (and decreasing players base, even on some French servers :blink:, proves it), why not hire and pay some external marketing company?
Maybe people from outside could get a better overview of it and do it better? :wacko: 

0 -3
Score : 6724

The fact they ran ads that failed isn't a reason to not run ads again. It's motivation for running ads that actually properly make people want to play, and undoing the damage caused by the failed ads in the past.

0 0
Score : -1890

Maybe the adds had some ... French humor, let's say? huh
And let's say that maybe not everyone likes it/ understands it/ enjoys it? :unsure:

That's why I was suggesting hiring and paying some external marketing company maybe.
They're so many out there, and they're so good, that sometime they make you buy ice cream even when you have a cold or sore throat ! tongue

1 -3
Score : 813
AlphaWarrior|2016-09-08 22:50:35
The fact they ran ads that failed isn't a reason to not run ads again. It's motivation for running ads that actually properly make people want to play, and undoing the damage caused by the failed ads in the past.
I wasn't trying to say they shouldn't try running ads again, just that they need to hire someone with a clue to do it this time if they do try it again. Problem as I see it is they probably feel like they did a good job and it failed anyway which is absolutely not the case. As Bohemia pointed out humor can be quite different depending on the audience and they missed the mark for the American market. They would have done much better IMO to make the game loos as basass as possible, which some parts of the ad actually did but like I said I've seen so many people laugh off the name Dofus because they thought it was Doofus in chats and forums it seems to me that is something the need to over come. Maybe even play up the "chess meets Zelda" aspect of the game.

Part of the problem in my mind at least is they have run this game into the ground over the last 10 years as well. While I'm sure plenty will disagree with that sentiment I would ask those who disagree why so many of my friends no longer play the game, and it's not just people leaving my server for another I mean they have quit completely. These are people who are gaming every day and are very loyal to the games they enjoy.I just started back playing with two friends whom I've been playing Dofus with for 10 years and neither on of them lasted more than two months before changes pissed them off enough that they have quit again. Had I known a few months ago what I know now I probably would not have resubbed my accounts for a year each again either.

To be fair they have made some nice changes along he way but they always seem to counter those with some really stupid bullshit that seems to out weigh the good.Numbers do not lie and the population/paid sub numbers should be telling Ankama something but as has been the case for 10+ years they don't care to listen.
0 0
Score : 386

BUMP

0 0
Score : 2073

I keep suggesting that Ankama drop the less popular Wakfu, and instead apply that name to Dofus. People know the Wakfu cartoon, which is itself advertising, and even could include ads or product placements for the game.

1 0
Respond to this thread