FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Do you try new classes before putting them on?

By zozzo - SUBSCRIBER - September 22, 2016, 04:08:47

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some Kolo recently, and I went through the potentials of the new osamodas.
Do you think Ankama tried the class before putting it on?
I don't think so, they'd have noticed they kill the game.
I'd rather have a lvl 180 osamodas in team with me rather than a level 200 of any other class.
The healing is exaggerate. there's no way to kill anyone (i deal about 2500 damage a turn), and now they can heal themselves a lot.

Kolo with osa became simply boring.

Please let me know if you agree or disagree.

0 -1
First Ankama intervention

At least in the case of Simbiosa, you have heard right, and Schmendrick is right as well, it's not on the Changelog. The reason for that is that it's a bug, and we'll fix it ASAP.

See message in context
Reactions 53
Score : 7696

They were in testing for nearly a month. If they're so terrible and overpowered, why didn't you bring it up a month ago? What, exactly, are they doing to heal themselves AND their allies for over 2500 healing every turn?

0 0
Score : 3158

As if nobody were bringing that up before :I
Moreover, during beta osas are being constantly changed, if you were to cry someone would definitely claim "it will be 100% changed".
Now that it's going live, isn't this the best time to complain?

By the way, my personal input is that osas are now even more powerful than sadidas in terms of healing and spamming, summoned dragons can decently heal every turn already, and they can even heal a lot more if they want to. Of course no class is unbeatable but now osas have too many viable tools for a certain amount of AP compared to other classes. PvP-wise, and not only 1v1.

0 0
Score : 1692
Schmendrick|2016-09-22 09:56:56
They were in testing for nearly a month. If they're so terrible and overpowered, why didn't you bring it up a month ago? What, exactly, are they doing to heal themselves AND their allies for over 2500 healing every turn?
>say something during beta: 'relax it's just the beta'.
>say something post beta: 'shoulda said something during beta'. (like it's people's job to be reading dofus news and playing all the betas...)

Just can't win.
2 0
Score : 830
Schmendrick|2016-09-22 09:56:56
Checking the Beta? It's not my job! I don't even know how to do it. Do they pay me to do their job? I'm a customer, let's not forget, and not say nonsense.

The thing is that they heal while dealing damage (black wyrmling: 300 damage, 700 heal). Same thing with aniripsa: there's no way to get close to them, it's too big of an advantage.

either give the possibility to erode to all classes (maybe with a common spell, like moon hammer, or perfidious boomerang), or reduce the healing ability of some classes. If you want them to deal the same damage as others, they should heal as much as others.

If you have doubts, just try some kolo and figure it out by yourself.
0 0
Score : 6098

You do realize the beta exists for player input, right? Ankama does test things on alfa, but they don't have the amount of people needed to test osas in every single situation, so they open the beta and let the players give their thoughts. I gave my opinion at every round of changes on the osas except the last one (was busy that weekend), and some of my problems with it got fixed. It's not our "job" to do it, but it's our best chance to change the balance of the game.

As for the healing, simply kill the dragons. The black dragon even has low health. Osas have extremely limited healing without the dragons, one of the spells giving a small lifesteal bonus for every attack, another spell killing a summon and most likely limiting their summoning abilities at that turn. The thing with current osas is, you can't just ignore the summons anymore. But if you kill their key summons, you'll have a much easier time.

Also, black wyrm only heals 700 if the osa hits that target with the 4 AP int spell. It usually heals 350, and only around the target, assuming theosa is at dragon form and has a dedicated healer set (and dragon form means sacrificing a dragon AND only summoning 1 thing on that turn, which makes it easier to kill the black dragon).

0 0
Score : 92

I'm sorry but what? "Just kill the dragons". Okay then. Let's just focus on killing the 2k hp dragon which most classes can't do in a whole turn. While the enemy uses the next turn to summon more stuff, give more vit and heals to the summons, etc etc.

I was on beta from day 1. I sent tickets to ankama. I protested every chance I got. I joined a guild named "Nerf Osas". I did everything i could, then Osas get a buff a couple days before live launch.

They're the most ridiculously overpowered class in this game. I know because I played one on beta and didn't lose a single fight. I beat rank 10 sadidas. I beat enis, cras, xels, everything.

So to compare a class properly, take two skilled players with similar wealth/gear and see if the fight is even close. If an Osa is in the fight, it will win. Period.

So please stop defending this atrocity of a "revamp" which is quite frankly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen Ankama come up with.

0 0
Score : 737

Shhhh.. everything going to be ok.. wub

Now, it would be interesting for a debate if people came up with the truth,because you guys always come saying the same thing,all summons got 2k hp and hits like 1k each right? Damn,I wish I had those summons.
What Lynn said is accurate, I've done over 50 kolos and people treat us the same way they'd 2 weeks ago, ignore summons + focus on Osa.
And that's the issue here, now in order to beat us you need to beat our summons.

Plus, the fact anyone is rank 10 doesn't mean shit because PvP 1vs1 means nothing at all. Ankama said it over and over again, but yet people try to judge revampd class based on 1vs1.

gimme a break..
1 0

Not surprised at all to see you on here defending Osas smile.

It's almost impossible to focus the summons in Kolo unless it's like turn 1. The summons are usually controlled by the Osa, and don't rush stupidly. They're also protected by the Osa and other classes (Enu, masq, eca etc). So you want 2/3 members of my team to focus a dam wyrm while the enemy team uses all their ap to kill us? Yay we killed a dragon, but now we're at 50% hp and the Osa just summoned another dragon.

I'm all for making the class more interesting, but quite frankly the only revamp that improved the game was the xelor one (after synchro nerf of course).

A revamp is supposed to add more thought to a class. More skills. You want to play it without utilizing it's complexity? Fine, but don't expect great results. Want to learn your class? You'll be incredible.

That's how it should be.

With Osas (and even sadidas), just spam summons and heals and put no thought in whatsoever. The summons are overpowered, so please stop kidding yourself when you try and defend this class. We all know what it is. We all know it's the strongest class in the game right now.

Geez.

0 0

Oh you bet I'll defend my class here, I've been Osa for the past 10 years and been waiting for a revamp to get rid of the buff-monkey for years.
Don't fool yourself though, I never asked for the class to be simple and brainless, I'd LOVE if it was more gimmick and etc, I find xels amazing and I'd love if it wasn't so easy to play with Osa.
But the fact here is, Osa is a summoning class and there aren't many ways to make them more gimmick than they already are.

Yes.. we control summons.. and? I mean, if anyone should be able to control summons in Dofus it should be us, the master of summons. Not some dumb Sadida or Rog, It is(was) an insult that they could control summons.

Maybe the problem is with your team ..? I mean, across all those kolos I fought several Osas and managed to pretty much ''win'' the battle by getting rid of their buffed Dragon(yeah,the 2k hp one) that you need to cast a 3ap/3range and 4 CD spell to hit hard.

But I'd say that at least 80% of those fight people tried to do the same thing over and over again, to ignore summons and hit us, most of them in some brainless way,they'd just rush without thinking for 5 seconds and guess what.. they died.

Are the heals a bit excessive ? yes, but if you want them to reduce it we need to gain something in return, I won't accept those lame posts that only scream ''nerf nerf nerf'', all they care is to turn us once again into an useless class, so no for that.

One last thing,regardless of how powerful Feca,Xel,Eni,Sadi etc were when they came out, I never for a second wished they'd get nerf. Instead I'd ask them to fix the other class, so everyone would be somehow in the same field, because once everyone is ''OP'', no1 will be.

0 0

I'm not fooling myself nor was I attacking you personally. I never complained about Osas controlling their summons either. I felt that they should years ago. I just used that as a counter argument to people who say "simply kill the summons".

I also don't have a team. I play with my friends. And sometimes randoms. When we do win, it's because we played tactfully and thoughtfully.

The heals are exaggerated, and even the damage is once Osas get enough summons. Maybe there should be a summon cap? Like they have with range.

Or maybe with each additional summon, Osas should get 5% erosion. Or something to make them "think before they summon".

All I know is that they can't stay the way they are because it's unfair to literally every other class smile.

0 0

1- uh.. but just kill them?

2- I have a team but all the kolos were with randoms, Beta was kinda laggy so I didn't want to log my alts. We also won our fights because we played well and had plans and stuff,sorry to break to you but you aren't the only person that can play well.

3- Yeah, I said they were,the dmg is not though.. obvious if you have 5 summons on field instead 1, you'll deal more dmg...

4- 5% erosion EACH summon ? Do you hear yourself ???? Osa is a summoning class, we ARE extremely dependent of our summons,and there is nothing wrong with that,it's our role.

5- All I know is that people need to hold their tears and give themselves more time to understand Osas,it was the same thing with Sadidas and now people don't see them as before because they found ways to fight them.

1 0

Trying to be civil but you're making it extremely hard.

Only damage dealing classes can kill summons in one turn with spare AP. Given the low cool downs and variety of summoning options, it's in feasible to focus the summons when they're so powerful and hard to kill.

I never claimed to be the only person who knew how to play. Stop pulling words out of your ass to make yourself feel better.

I clearly said that when two equally skilled and equally geared players fight, the Osa Wins 10/10.

Sacriers NEED their punishment spells, and each one causes 5% erosion. Don't see them complaining. So don't play the "don't erode me on something I need" bs.

The thing is, there's nothing to understand about Osas. I know everything about them. I'm not saying "oh this class looks too complicated please nerf". I'm saying it's a face roll class that requires zero skill to play and is stupidly overpowered in every sense of the game.

They cannot be locked by applying -lock spells. They have insane pushback. They can lock FULL agi chars. They deal insane amounts of damage. Have stupidly insane heals. Can teleport. Can push back a retarded amount of cells. Can unbewitch.

So yeah I stand by all my points. Something needs to be done. Get your head out of your ass.

0 0
Score : 6098
ZeltsBax|2016-09-22 17:59:03
I'm sorry but what? "Just kill the dragons". Okay then. Let's just focus on killing the 2k hp dragon which most classes can't do in a whole turn. While the enemy uses the next turn to summon more stuff, give more vit and heals to the summons, etc etc.

I was on beta from day 1. I sent tickets to ankama. I protested every chance I got. I joined a guild named "Nerf Osas". I did everything i could, then Osas get a buff a couple days before live launch.

They're the most ridiculously overpowered class in this game. I know because I played one on beta and didn't lose a single fight. I beat rank 10 sadidas. I beat enis, cras, xels, everything.

So to compare a class properly, take two skilled players with similar wealth/gear and see if the fight is even close. If an Osa is in the fight, it will win. Period.

2k Hp can only be achieved once every 4 turns, and you can unbewitch about half that hp. Also, it can't be achieved by black dragon, which is the one that actually heals 700. The dragons also have generally low resistance. I'm pretty sure a iop can kill a buffed up red wyrmling in 2~3 concentrations.

Tickets aren't the way to solve beta stuff. Should have posted on the beta forum, where they look for beta stuff.

Rank 10 huh? So you're talking 1x1, A.K.A. that thing that ankama doesn't balance anymore and hasn't tried to for years now? 1x1 is not relevant to class balance. We're talking kolo or PvM for balance, so you have to take in account at least 3 players.

Pretty sure int cras would win against an osa. Fecas probably would as well. And sacriers. And that's on 1x1...in a group setting, iops would neutralize most summons with concentration, and an enu would screw over most of osas big trump cards. So would sadidas.
0 0

You're just guessing here. Too many "I think" and "probably"s.

I HAVE tried literally all those classes against Osas. No, they don't win. I have been an Osa against all of them. Only int cras were a bit of a challenge, but still didn't lose once.

Those are facts.

You can spit "1v1 is dead" all day long, but there's a reason brak and bonta wings are still a thing. So many people on populated servers (*cough not rosal cough*) enjoy 1v1.

I understand you can never achieve perfect balance in 1v1. But as it always was, classes had a "rock, paper, scissors" relationship. There was never any one class that can easily beat the rest.

Sadidas are really strong, but a good xelor or sram can beat them. Enis were really strong, a good sadidas can beat them. It's the closest thing to balancing there is.

Now it's more of a food chain. With Osas far at the top and almost untouchable.

You said "most iops can kill their summons easily". Well what if you're not a iop? Hardly any other class other than ecas has the blitz potential of a iop (with next to no setup required).

I admire your theoretical knowledge of classes, but this is an argument you can't win.

Thing is, even aside from 1v1 Osas have a huge advantage over any other class. If I see an Osa on my team and not on the enemy team, I immediately know I won that fight. Never been wrong yet.

I can't understand your logic of trying to keep Osas as is. It's things like making one class super powerful that lead to people feeling helpless and wanting to quit (as one of my friends is seriously considering).

Again, I love buffs to classes. Buff-bot Osas were lame and underwhelming. The new Osas have the potential to be a lot better. But not in the current godlike state.

0 0
Score : 270

I don't play Osa's and I don't want them nerfed, they're pretty good as they are now and yes, kill the buffed summon. Quick Q... what do you do when a sadida summons a maddoll? Do you ignore it and focus the players? Same concept just a stronger summon because unlike the sadida, osa's don't have hard hitting spells. So yeah they are dependant on their summons. This is just like the cry for nerfing the elios which made me take a break. Stop crying about "OP" and learn to play around them. Every class has a weakness, you just gotta learn to exploit it.

0 0

Yes because the maddoll which has negligible hp and 3mp and limited intellgicene due to AI control is comparable to a tank 1.9k hp summon with massive damage, heals, unbewitch which can and will run away under the control of its summoner.

Great comparison I'm so impressed.

0 0
Score : 702

@ZeltsBax

Srams, Eca, Iop, Enu, Cra, Sadi, Xelor...those are classes that, in my opinion, can counter really good the new Osamodas. I think that maybe you are not used to the class yet. Considering you are a Masq...you have great potential and can be a key class to beat new Osamodas with your Ardour spell. Don't you think?

0 0

Ardor also makes the already hard to lock Osa, unlockable. I can use it and hit the Osa, sure. But then I have only on other turn to kill it. So I have literally two turns to deal 5k dmg on heavy resists. Given that the second the Osa is ardored, he'll get away from me so fast and so effectively that I won't be able to do anything.

I also play a 200 full agi xelor. A good Osa can easily counter that. Don't underestimate the locking potential of the black gobball + toad + contusion.

Still an agi xel in NO WAY can out damage the heals of an Osa without synchro. Good luck keeping that alive on top of all the other shit you have to do whilst fighting an Osa.

0 0
Score : 702

You are still thinking things in 1vs1...that is not a good way to judge classes period. Not one class is meant to beat every single class. Plus different builds can have different outcomes. BTW I've seen the classes that I mentioned beat up the new osamodas gracefully. You should take a look at some videos in You Tube too.

0 0
Respond to this thread