FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

a post crying about almanax quests (with some suggestions)

By sebsproffesionaccount - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - November 25, 2016, 00:22:11

So i just missed an almanax quest that I haven't ever done before. There are 365 different quests in the almanax that cycle over the year, and when you do a quest you get a quest added to quest totals for the achievements such as 1200 quests. It does not count however, if you repeat a quest you've already done.

Recently i've been looking at coming almanax quests and checking my quest book to see if i've done it before because I want to have done as many quests as possible. In terms of getting the dolmanax, missing that one quest isn't a big deal as all it means is an additional 24 hours before you can obtain the dofus. However, in terms of getting that specific quest, missing that quest was HUGELY punishing as I now need an additional 364 (roughly) days before I can attempt to get the quest.

Yes it's my fault for missing the quest, but it still seems ridiculous. A suggestion I have that could help prevent this is notifying more often about almanax. Currently it's once every 24 hours, right when it starts/when you log in. It would be nice to have a notification perhaps an hour before the start of the next quest timeslot. Another idea I have, a very ridiculous one, is to give the option to select whichever one of the 365 quests you would like to do for the daily quest. This would solve the issue of the ridiculous waiting times before having the chance to do a missing quest, however it would probably be extremely annoying to try to navigate through 365 options, so i'm not sure how that would be dealt with. edit: Perhaps after completing the dolmanax quest, all the almanax doors open and all the meridia npcs are visible and you can get the quest of whichever meridia you desire.

time to enjoy my 364 day wait before i can attempt to get the quest done!

0 -1
Reactions 4
Score : 6161

I have another suggestion: let unsubbed accounts do the quest. I'm almost done doing everything I possibly can in my main account, but I'll have to keep subscribing it even though it's a massive waste of money and I just want to go to my other accounts.

Or just let any 365 days count towards the quest, not specific dates. Or let me trade the pages between accounts.

0 -1
Score : 3262

Well I feel you xd
I got Dolmanax already, but for the sake of getting questing achieves I actually planned to get all 365 different meridia quests, but due to many minor random reasons and situations I have missed quite few almanax days resulting in me losing about ~10-20 quests for the achievement. Nevertheless I still got 1200+ quests now even with missing almanax (and I didn't do both brak and bont quests, only 1 side) biggrin 

0 0
Score : 224
sebsproffesionaccount|2016-11-25 00:22:11

Another idea I have, a very ridiculous one, is to give the option to select whichever one of the 365 quests you would like to do for the daily quest. This would solve the issue of the ridiculous waiting times before having the chance to do a missing quest, however it would probably be extremely annoying to try to navigate through 365 options, so i'm not sure how that would be dealt with.

No chance. Every quest gives different kamas reward. If you could choose, people would always just choose an easy +36kk reward every time (especially since some create characters just for this and don't mind the dolmanax).
0 0
Score : 754

could put a 1 year cooldown on each quest to prevent abuse but still be helpful to the issue

0 0
Respond to this thread