FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

osamodas nerf

By maruniasz - SUBSCRIBER - December 14, 2016, 18:12:59
Reactions 42
Score : 440
The OP for example gave out limitations, but does not consider the osa summon mechanics which requires cooldowns and +summonables, osa are supposed to snowball their opponents, and they can't do that with only 2 summon limit. It will not work as a nerf.
I mean 2 summons per class. Max 2 tofus, Max 2 gobballs, Max 2 dragons!!

Limited summon control? At endgame content, uncontrolled summons equals fail/death, osa might as well not summon at all.
Symbiosa cooldown limited to 2 turns. its fair enough. As our friend told, foggernaut can't control summon at the beggining of fight. Same sadida (he can't control his dolls in anyway". Osamodas then (Finally!!) need to use his brain and enter into state, he need to win a fight: Tofu, dragon, gobball. To control summons he need during the fight the most. Then summons he make won't equals falls or death. It is really fair.

And about limited dragon heals theres nothing more to say. Everyone knows it is horribly overpowered. Look at that osamodas don't even need to run around the map. They just only need to end turn nearly opponent to get healed 3k+ per turn!! Thats pretty bullsh.t. Osamodas rushes even more than sacriers huh 
0 0
Score : 25894

Only 2 tofus per class??? :blink:
Seriously? So if I am an agi osa I will be limited to only 2 tofus and the rest will be summons that will not benefit from my build?
Seriously? This is your idea of a nerf?

And foggernauts summons do not move so they are in a sense more tactically controlled than an AI attacking summon. I have already stated the difference of sadida summons.TLDR: Attacking summons needs to be controlled to be useful in positioning and tactics, non-moving and non-attacking summons do not need to be controlled in order to be tactically useful. If you need to attack or avoid attacking certain monsters, uncontrolled osa summons will mess everything wherein fogger and sadida summons will not (as long as you position the turret right and you do not summon the sacrificial doll).

0 0
Score : 2650

i would rather have a osa as enemy than a sadida, because a good sadida is alot scarier than a good osa. oh wait i forgot

you dont have to be good to play sadida.

but as long if you have a cra,eca,eni in your team than it wouldnt be that hard to beat an osa. but there should deffinitly be a max summon for a player
0 0
dragonfablie|2017-01-11 11:30:39
there should deffinitly be a max summon for a player
Summonables is the main damage potential of an osa, just as element/power is the main damage potential of direct damage class.

It would be fair to nerf the main damage potential of an osa if the direct damage class would also receive an equivalent nerf.

1 Summon Cap = 100 damage/element cap.

So if osa can only summon 12, power/element can only go up as much as 1200% or damage multiplication of x12.
6 summon cap = 600% element/power cap (x6 spell damage)

And resistance would also receive a nerf ofcourse.
0 0
OH, perhaps Osas need such a brilliant brain to play. I can't even imagine how hard it is for you...

osa are supposed to snowball their opponents

I agree with that, BUT I think they're snowballing too fast because of the dragonss cooldown...
0 0
Vectruz|2017-01-11 21:14:03
OH, perhaps Osas need such a brilliant brain to play. I can't even imagine how hard it is for you...

i dont try to bash sadida here because its an osa post but.... hitting an enemy with infected state with alot of other massive options isnt brillaint either, atleast osa have to work with summons to play tactical.
0 0
Score : 3860

Unlike Sadidas who clearly don't have dolls and don't use them for anything right?

Look, stick to one enemy, don't bash Sadidas with your false logic. rolleyes 

0 0
Vectruz|2017-01-11 21:14:03
osa are supposed to snowball their opponents
I agree with that, BUT I think they're snowballing too fast because of the dragonss cooldown..
2-3 turn cooldown is not too fast. And in order to be able to have many summons, we have to wear gears that have +summonables instead of extra stats. Osa might seem OP but once you play them, you'd know that it is actually very hard to have a good osa build. You have to balance between survivability and summonables. mess one up and you will end up dead before you can even have enough summons in the field. And even when you do have a good set-up, a good opponent will still be able to counter a good osa before we can snowball them. Remember, a good damage dealer can kill an osa in 2 turns, before they can build up a snowball.
0 0

I'd rather strengthen the res a bit and increase by 1 turn the cooldown of both dragons

0 0
Score : 147

I'm not going to quote, because putting that much derp in my post will hurt me too much.
Suggesting only having 2 of each summon won't work. Consider that Agi osa NEED to have multiple tofus out to get their damage out on Duster means you're not going to see a change there.

Lowering the time an Osa has to play their summons also would be a bad idea. Consider the fact that an Osa needs to not only consider the next moves of their opponents in relation to their own character, but to each of their summons, they need to think. You know, it's a thing sometimes. Regardless of the fact that some might suggest that the cooldown on some summons is too short, you still don't want to have one of your summons be killed off if you don't have to. Even tofu benefit from not being dead every turn.

Everything else the OP has argued (for the most part) involves being able to control summons. OP, do you remember when Osa couldn't control summons? It sucked. We were a nerfed version of an eni. Were we to summon it took longer (yes, even longer than when a player controls it) and the summons usually did something stupid. This is better for everybody.

The secret to killing an osa is either rushing him or killing the summons.

I'm also curious if you ever played an Osa. You know what they say, walk a mile in somebody else's shoes, right?

0 0
enduroppal|2017-01-11 23:12:15
Unlike Sadidas who clearly don't have dolls and don't use them for anything right?

Look, stick to one enemy, don't bash Sadidas with your false logic. rolleyes
if you can make an sadida post why sadida is so ''balanced'' than i can state more facts why sadida is deffintily not balanced at all. and again osa isnt to play against pro players. just sayin
0 0

[Briss] recently shared our plans for balancing the Osamodas with Update 2.40 (planned for February).

You can find out what he had to say here.

Finally!!! Soon we will see how it works in practice.

0 0
Score : 2412

Lol I remember when Sadidas were this busted

Edit: And Ecaflips, let's not forget that completely broken champion.

0 0
Score : 244

Wow ok nerodos, counter argument being that everyone, literally everyone knows that osas are absolutely broken, also what you did with your " balancing " has effectively buffed them. " oh yeah lets give them more damage thats gonna be balanced, oh yeah ". The frenchies in beta especially, they take pride in abusing osas. Is ankama actually this blind? why'd you revamp the osas, youve ruined the class for me :^( not just in pvp against them but in playing them... hate when you revamp a class so its broken for ever

0 0
Score : 7696

... damage from the Gobball spells (which were generally considered underpowered) was increased, but damage from the wyrmlings (which were the overpowered ones) was reduced. You make it sound like Osas got an across-the-board damage increase, and that's just not the case.

(In fact, I really think they should just take away the Wyrmling's healing ability entirely, because dragons in fiction - and in Ankama's own lore - are not known for their healing abilities, but for their ability to burn things down with giant bursts of flame. Tofus should be hit-and-run melee attackers, Gobballs should be melee tanks, and Wyrmlings should be ranged attackers; and if Ankama wanted Osa to have healing summons - rather than leaving the Support and Healing summons to Sadida and making Osa summons pure offense - they should replace the Podgy Tofu with a Tofoone, instead of making Friendly Healing Dragons. But I don't work for Ankama, and they're not going to necessarily take class design advice from me)

0 0
Score : 1424

I agree, the Tofoone idea would be very cool, and much more fitting

0 0
Score : 6097

Problem with that would be the elemental affiliation of tofone. Tofus are linked to air, and get agility bonuses with the fusing mechanic. However, agility doesn't influence heals, intelligence does. So, this would force osas to be hybrid to use their summons, or to use off element summons to be effective in what is supposed to be fire osa's main role.

Plus honestly I always thought dragons were very inconsistent in healing, since it requires the target to be at close combat and not blocking LoS, and the targeted heal wasn't that good and required a ton of setup to be actually powerful. If I wanted setup for heals I would use fogger. And now it's only 1/turn.

0 0
Score : 7696

True, they'd have to do something with the fusing - say, give them a +Healing bonus in addition to +Agility when fusing with Tofus - but I just like the idea of dragons being pure damage rather than support-based puppies. Smaug didn't cast Cure Light Wounds on Bilbo.

0 0
Score : 1424

^ Love the reference.

It would be doable but then also unfitting to give +heals, could be resolved if tofoone healed on a % basis? ;o

0 0
Respond to this thread