By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Inky Veil

By rpzz December 15, 2016, 22:07:50

Ok, so this is kind of old news. But I suggest adding some new stat to the "new" Inky Veil. Why you ask? Well don't it feel like it should? Since the recipe for it is more costly and time consuming, I feel like the players including myself that went without an Inky Veil are being punished vs those that got prior to that update. I may have to spend days on in, if not a year to get this craft made.

By adding some new stats to the item would make it feel more rewarding to actually motivate crafting this thing. How does an item go from 5-10mk? to 35-50mk? I'm not 100% active and read all updates before they're release but this is kind of bullshit to be honest.

0 -2
Reactions 15
Score : 89

What does this "new" Inky look like?

0 0
Score : 824
Deviched|2016-12-15 22:20:09
What does this "new" Inky look like?
The same as before lolz
Click here
0 0
Score : 6092

No. Inky is still a very powerful piece of equipment, with good vitality, stats, damage/crit, and most importantly, absurd resistances. The only items that would be a match for those resistances either don't give vitality (elie mental amulet) or give heavy damage/stat penalties (aermine set). Inky is already a top tier equipment.

2 0

I still don't see why not. I wouldn't be against just changing the look of the new recipe. However, that's what living items and those mimisymbics are for. If this item is soo OP as you say it is vs other endgame cloaks, then why does it exist and/or been nerfed? I can live without one, I have for now for quite some time now. You make it seem its the cloak to have and made it more appealing to me to have now. Which really annoys me that this recipe is so dragged out without any changes to the item to compensate.

Things like this pushes me away from this game and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

0 0
Score : 12932

The cloak has been the "need to have cloak" for so many builds for so many patches. It is a very strong cloak.

That said, changing the recipe the way Ankama did is something I do still disagree with. There's an absolutely absurd amount of luck/grind involved in crafting one now.
The recipe change is the reason the item spiked in price, not that it suddenly got better, or even other things becoming worse. It has been a contender for, and at times the best cloak in the game since its introduction.

0 0

I will just say with high prospecting with idols I have a 2.1% to 2.25% chance to catch a fish. That's all gravy and all, but the lack of attacks of devourer is nuts! I figured an alternate stated Inky Veil would be worth the effort. But since it looks to negatively hurt people's feelings, probably a higher chance of devourer attacks would be better to suggest?

If the stats on the Inky Veil, were to say, change; I was thinking more of giving a better alternative Inky Veil. With variety of stats that you can mage your strengths.

0 0

I never said it was OP, I said it was good. Two different things. It doesn't need a buff. Think of it this way...you're complaining about it, but how many pre frighost endgame equipments are still relevant at all? I'd say it's much more important to buff those, because inky is still heavily used. Hell, a bunch of the newer stuff isn't as good as inky. If the recipe is annoying, yeah, it should be changed, but honestly? For it being such a top tier piece of equipment, I think it's fine.

0 0

All I do on Dofus now is fish. I need a clever video editor to make a fishing montage cause this game is boring me to death.

I left my heart back in a pond where I once fished. Now all I do is sit, thinking about what's next. Could be another soundtrack or another viewer wanting to flex. I don't care anymore. I guess I'll rhol bak fishing like the xelor; rolex.

I sit, I drink, I play. But I'm not catching a damn thang! When my little legs start going, there's no telling where I'll be roaming! From north woods to south crete, fish squirm away from my feet. Its been 3 long days and still no fish to call my own, I guess I need another bottle of rum. My life is not misunderstanding, but I know I ain't no midnight dumpster baby. So here's to all the Christmas folks that can't stop staring. When the rares start flowing, I'll start caring.

0 0
Score : 1539

Dropping rare fish was hard enough before they could only be got from resource protectors. Now, you have increased the needed ingredients anyway, so could we just go back to the previous system of random drops while fishing? You could also integrate the fish potions into more recipes to channel any extra materials so there is no excess.

0 0
Score : 3162

I think the recipe is quite too much reliant on fishes and I'd agree recipe could be adjusted a bit.

But stats-wise the cloak is very powerful especially when it's not even lvl 200 but 191.

0 0
Score : 1527

The stats are fine, it's a brilliant cape. Not exactly a must-have but it's good. The problem doesn't even lie in the recipe- I like the premise. Catch all rare fish in the entire game, kill the Giant Kralove and only then can you have such an awesome cape. And I really hope that they don't change the look. Please just leave it be.

The problem lies with the rare fish, more specifically- how they are obtained. Dropping rare kraloves, carps etc is already a pain, even when there are dozens of kralove/carp etc spots out there. But what about tench, swordfish and other fish that are only available in around 10 fishing spots in the entire game?

Firstly, devourers should attack more often during a certain part of the day, say, in the morning. If devourers don't attack, you have a 0% chance of getting a rare. Also, we should be able to fish rares directly (obviously at a very low rate) but this is vital for some unlucky soul who for the love of him cannot get attacked at all.

There's a fine line between hard, extremely hard and downright extreme to the point that even a year's worth of fishing won't guarantee that you'll craft a cape. The devs do have a hard time drawing this line and I have to remind you that this is just a game. During adulthood, I cannot spend a whole day on the computer clicking fishing spots and hoping to get lucky.

0 0

Rare fish only being available in the morning would hurt people that work, for instance, so no, unless that time wasn't always in the morning, and was randomized. There are 20 kinds of fish, iirc, so dividing the day for increased devourer activity all day, each one getting 72 minutes, and having the order randomly determined or rotate sounds a bit better.

0 0
Score : 2924

Why not just add a consumable that ups the likelihood of encountering a protector a huge amount? Or make it a decent fighter. Heck, add a non exchangeable treasure hunter map to resource protector that gives the rate fish when you fish at the location it leads you to....

0 0
Score : 1527

I feel that your last two suggestions would take away the rarity aspect of these types of fish. Making some sort of consumable in order to net you more devourer attacks sounds good but it shouldn't be required. Without devourer attacks, a fisherman has a grand total of 0% of getting a rare fish and this is broken. We absolutely need to be able to literally catch rare fish again if the devs really don't want to give us more frequent devourer attacks.

Today I spent almost 5/6 hours fishing swordfish while doing something else irl. I got attacked twice. That's horrific.

0 0
Score : 87

I believe Ankama has tried to reduce the random rewards for any given effort over the years:

1. The addition of achievements in order to get rare resources
  2. The change of dropping Dofus into quests
Even the treasure hunting part of the Crimson Dofus, which is largely based on luck. Rewards dedication by allowing people to trade roses of sand for the tablet fragments.
They could continue this line of thought for obtaining rare profession resources as well. In addition the luck requirement of dropping rare fish, perhaps an X amount of common fish can be traded for its rare variant in order to reward effort. This idea can also be applied to the farmer, hunter and lumberjack professions in order to obtain their rare variants, which are used for equipment and characteristic bonus points as well.

Admittedly, this would still require a lot of time investment into fishing (or buying large quantities of fish). But at least you are visibly approaching your goal (with a possible shortcut of a lucky drop).

1 0
    Respond to this thread