FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums
Score : 264

Tactical mode + colour

By Pagonis - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - May 17, 2017, 19:34:03
Hello!

Due to a bug, that happened for the first time and never since, I've managed to get a new look on the tactical mode. Take a look:

I thought it looks pretty neat outside the borders of the map. Though I think inside the fight zone I'd prefer the usual tactical look, unless it's just the colour and not something that blocks the view. But speaking of around the map, the environment gives it a cool look and it does not look as dull as usually. And I've also read a thread where people asked for some coloured tactical options and this could be somewhat of a solution.

Any suggestions, comments? happy
First Ankama intervention
Unfortunately, and as nice as this idea is, it's technically impossible to achieve using the tools that are currently at our disposal. However, the developers have been thinking, for a while now, about making tactical mode more appealing, more pleasing to the eye. They have seen a few other suggestions from players, but they were alas just as technically impossible as this one is.

Considering the limitations within which they must work, they haven't yet found a way to improve the Tactical Mode that is satisfying to all of them.
See message in context
Reactions 11
Score : 5175
I like it, this should definitely be an optional feature!
Score : 2457
delete the 2 mid ones decoration and its perfect
Score : 264
Yes, I agree, in the mid section it should be kept black as it is. This is my try at the new tactical look:

I have tried putting color inside the black tiles, but it did not look as appealing. I would prefer this mode instead of plain tactical.
biggrin

And a full screen view on a different map:

Score : 30176
That is one step forward for Dofus.
Score : 23
please invent it !!
Unfortunately, and as nice as this idea is, it's technically impossible to achieve using the tools that are currently at our disposal. However, the developers have been thinking, for a while now, about making tactical mode more appealing, more pleasing to the eye. They have seen a few other suggestions from players, but they were alas just as technically impossible as this one is.

Considering the limitations within which they must work, they haven't yet found a way to improve the Tactical Mode that is satisfying to all of them.
Score : 288
Nerodos|2017-05-18 16:42:40

Is it possible that we could know what the limitation might be so we could suggestion within those limitations? I have a few ideas but wouldn't want to spitball them for no reason!
Score : 7199
I actually had a fun glitch ages ago that at the time I thought would make a nice change for tactical mode

Score : 2805
Seeing as the glitches exist, it seems very much that the technology exists within the current tools the Dofus developers use. This would make tactical mode so much more appealing than what we have right now.
Score : 1129
2.42 will add customisable colours to tactical mode from custom themes, so it's added in a way. Check here for some screenshots.
enduroppal|2017-05-25 08:22:29
Seeing as the glitches exist, it seems very much that the technology exists within the current tools the Dofus developers use. This would make tactical mode so much more appealing than what we have right now.

Glitches are the system not working as intended, and as such, when they happen, they are inconsistently applied. The issue is not "can the map be put behind the tactical mode area?" but "would putting the map behind the tactical area work on every map in the game?" Based on the tests that the team has done with some of the more complicated multi-level maps in the game, the answer to that query is "no."

Also, you can see that the glitch reintroduces a problem that tactical mode was specifically created to counter - multiple squares being blocked by background elements. This is even present in the screenshot offered by the OP.

So for now, the OP's solution is probably not a viable direction for improving tactical mode. But, we are still working on ways to improve this issue! Offering players the ability to customize tactical mode is one of the steps we're taking. smile
Respond to this thread