FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

We need a new server

By BmO-Noob - SUBSCRIBER - May 30, 2017, 22:54:13

I just was wondering wheter is going to be a new server coming up, so new players and old players will have more opportunities, and everyone will be happier. Just asking is this is going to be somehow viable, because I'm done playing 200lv accounts

0 -3
First Ankama intervention

There are no plans to open a new server at the moment. However, I need to ask...

BmO-Noob|2017-05-30 22:54:13
so new players and old players will have more opportunities

What do you mean by that?
See message in context
Reactions 6

There are no plans to open a new server at the moment. However, I need to ask...

BmO-Noob|2017-05-30 22:54:13
so new players and old players will have more opportunities

What do you mean by that?
Score : -20

First of al I want to say sorry for my english: I'm from the Netherlands.

But I believe that this is true. I used to be a die hard Dofus player and I still follow all the forums for new servers although I have not played (only a few weeks when Shadow came out) for more then 5-6 years. Why? Because the most fun I had was when I had to discover the game and had to do everything on my own. Now everything has already be done and every craft is almost already there. When I'll start a new char it will be lvl 1 in an already finished game.

What he means with new and old players will have more oppertunities is that (I quess) he's pointing to the fact that everyone is back at the same point: there is a new goal to reach: who is going to be the first one to reach level 200? Making new friends, finding the first dofus and defeting the first Moowolf xD. I believe when you make some hugh announcement to all the recluair players: and the old players (e-mail or even a sms) you'll get more members out of it when there is a new international new server.

Of one thing I'm sure: if there is comming a new server: I'll take off 3 weeks from work just the get a good start wink
--> best moment ever: new server at the 1.29.1 update.. I quess I'll quit my job then and become a prof player wink

Hope you'll do something with this.

0 -2
Score : 1870

You make it to lvl 200 in a couple of days with 508 idols. Your fresh start will last at most a week.

Also we're coming from a recent server FUSION, which is quite the opposite of a new server. That means Ankama is (rightly) aiming to group a large number of people on the same server, in order to maximize the game experience, not the other way around!

0 0

As I said, there are no plans for a new server at the moment. I was genuinely interested in the reasoning, and I get what Helloooaa means, at some level.

That said, Back in Gamakna #0, Simsoft said he would like, once all the servers are merged, to open a seasonal server of sorts. It would be a server with a very short lifespan that would allow you to experience the "rush" of a brand-new server. Once the 'season' would be over, we'd transfer the characters to regular servers so you'd get to keep them. However, that's more a dream of Simsoft's than something that we are actually planning to do at the moment.

Score : 1692
Afladrol|2017-06-13 14:51:42
You make it to lvl 200 in a couple of days with 508 idols. Your fresh start will last at most a week.

lmao good luck crafting 508 idols on a new server in a couple of days, let alone finish fights with them on.
0 0
Score : 242
justapie|2017-06-14 07:38:14
Afladrol|2017-06-13 14:51:42

lmao good luck crafting 508 idols on a new server in a couple of days, let alone finish fights with them on.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

I actually like the idea of a 'New Server'. When I wanted to start again from the beginning, I made a new character on Rushu (I was originally on Solar). After a while though, I found that starting again was semi-pointless. There were already countless people level 200 and maxed professions, etc. I couldn't find people to play dofus with as a low level character and ended up transferring my level 200 cra to Rushu and just playedg with a clean bank. >.<

If a new server were to start, I'd like it if:
#1 Limited to P2P players to reduce bots
#2 No character transfer allowed so everyone has to start again if they went to that server

Also . . . if Simsoft's dream were to be made true, it could potentially be good for Amakna.

REASONS seasonal server would be good for Amakna:

1: Reward for top 3 highest level players could be introduced at the end of the seasonal server, making the server gain some appeal. The reward could be all kinds of things, such as a special Title and whatnot.
> If people reached level 200 on this server, which I don't think would be likely, then all characters that reached 200 would gain the reward (ie the special Title)

2: Same as #1 except for professions. Could also change that to 1 title per highest level profession.
Example:
> 33 players have 200 farmer at the end of the season. All 33 players get title "Pro Seasonal Farmer"
> The 42 highest players in tailor have a level of 103 Tailor. All 42 players get the title "Pro Seasonal Designer"
> 14 players have 140 Handyman, and nobody else has higher. All 14 players get "Professional Part-Timer"
... List goes on.

3: Same as #1 & #2 except for Achievement score.

4: Same again but for quests.

5: Same again but for Kolo.

(You get the point)

Other rewards, depending on what was achieved in the Seasonal Server could include:
1) Limited Edition Decorative Mimisymbic Set (sent via account rewards system)
2) Aura of Achievement (like the level 200 Aura kind of thing) ... limited to the seasonal character only.
3) Emote (like temporarily turning into a loaf of bread for the person who achieved highest farmer)
4) Limited Edition Dragoturkey/Seemyol
5) Seasonal Participant Spell Scroll (like cawwot, but instead could be a totem that heals same as cawwot only with range and targets the heal at any random ally) ... just an example. Limited to whoever had the highest % of dungeon achievements completed (or whoever had 20% of dungeon achievements completed...or something like that)

> Potential of the list goes on.

6: People will be restricted in what they can do and make so to give themselves an advantage, there is a good chance they will buy the Ogrine sets; which would be more money for Amakna!

In short, a seasonal server could potentially have a lot going for it. Before that though, [Amakna] should consider who this would appeal to, why it would appeal, how it can draw in and keep new players, etc.

Regarding the new players, the seasonal server could be open to F2P and P2P without level caps and limits, but only be in existence for 4-6 weeks. The F2P players would have gotten a taste of the P2P server and will not want to return to F2P which is good for Amakna in the long run.
3 0
Respond to this thread