FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Project] SHINONOME: A new MONOACCOUNT Server ? (Participate!)

By XhatzExpia - SUBSCRIBER - August 28, 2017, 14:09:20

Hello to all DOFUS players!

Today, I'm going to talk about a project that is pretty close to my heart: the monoaccount, the community, and the creation of a monoaccount server, quite simply.
Before leaving a comment, please make sure to read the whole post, as well as the article linked down below.

WHAT IS THAT?
A MONOACCOUNT SERVER
Shinonome is a project of a monoaccount DOFUS server (just an idea for Ankama, not a private server). Being enormously demanded by the community, I tried to find various solutions in order to make this project possible.

ANTI-MIGRATIONS
The server will obviously be closed to (incoming) migrations, exactly like Agride. The opposite would be desastrous for the new server.

AN INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY
This server would not be restricted to a certain community onlyeveryone will be able to join. People which have friends in different countries will be able to play together without having to ask the support for a pass or anything (the boring steps, especially for new players).

ANIMATED
We will do everything we can in order to keep the community animated and activeregular eventsanimations, ... We really want this server to become the most community-oriented server. Players will also, of course, be able to host their own events!

AND WITHOUT BOTS!
With the custom method that I have found, described down below, almost all of the bots (and multi-accounts) will be filtered and will not be able to join. And so, the player's experience on the server will be very differentexciting, and unique! No bots, no illegal kamas buying action, no inequalities!

WHAT CONSEQUENCES?
AN HEALTHIER ECONOMY
Teams will not be the one controlling the whole economy of a server by farming successes and such, and bots will not destroy the economy by recolting all types of resources 24/7. Therefore, the economy will be more affordablefairrealistic, and stable for everyone.

INTERACTIONS BETWEEN PLAYERS
Without teams that plays on their own, there will be more unique players that will be looking to create a team or a guild on their own. So expect more interactions between players right away! It will be great for the community, allowing everyone to discover their favorite game in a completely new way, and even, to meet new people from around the world!

CHALLENGE AND MERIT
As the server will only be available to monoaccounts, the global difficulty will raise for sure. Thanks to that, everyone's progression will be slower. This will make the rewards that a player receives even more important and grandiose to their eyes!

BETTER STABILITY
With a simple formula: a classical server, with an international communitywithout botswithout teams... It makes a pretty good average, and alot of players connected during the entire day! All of that will not even be affecting the server's performances, because the bots will not be here to do 9031890481 actions per second (approximatively ^w^)!

AND FOR ANKAMA?
REALISTIC STATISTICS
Ankama could use this opportunity in order to collect more statistics from the game. Those statistics will be more realistic, and not distorted by the bots or by the teams. For example: Kanigroula (area level is fine, but the boss is not very well-balanced)...

PRECISE ANTI-BOTS TESTING
They could also use the server in order to make their hunt for bots even more precise, who knows.

MORE UNANIMOUS FEEDBACK
They will also be able to benefit from more unanimous feedback from the community, regarding some precise content, or... anything else.

VISIBILITY
Opening such an unique server would bring a lot of benefits to Ankama: Hype (that we'll try to keep alive with our events), an International Visibility (players from around the world will talk about it, creating a bigger interest and much much advertisement, probably), etc.

HOW DOES IT WORKS?
I spoke about eradicating almost all the bots and the teams... When I say it like this, it doesn't instantly look that simple, and Ankama often repeat this: "creating a monoaccount server is impossible, because there are too many ways to bypass the system"... but I have a lil' idea!

This idea consists of forcing the player to use Ankama Authenticator, and updating it (for Ankama), adding a small new important feature to it. Using Ankama Authenticator is already a great way to make players protect their account, but we need to add a little feature which allows players to "define as main account" one of his added accounts, and only this one account will be able to login onto Shinonome. A simple request would be sent to the server... a little bit like how the Authenticator works right now, but this new request would be server-specific, like the "Full" server state, kinda... And if a player wants to select another Main Account, he'll have to ask the support, in order to prevent players bypassing the system.

I am sure it seems pretty hard to do, told like this, but IMO, it would be pretty simple to setup. As a player, you'll just have to start the appclick on unlocklogin, and there you go, you have access to Shinonome with your main account while the countdown is active.

Click here in order to read the more complete article about this project. I really recommend it, way more infos compared to this post.

Thanks for reading!
I'll be waiting patiently for your feedback... but careful! Keep your comments constructive and positive only... I am already certain that there will be some trolling responses or... anything else, and I'm sorry but I won't reply to those ^^'!

PS: It is extremely difficult to tell as much details of a project as I can, and I am sure I forgot about a ton of small details... but yeah I can't do much about it, and it is pretty frustrating xD... So please understand mi pain, and don't forget to ask questions if you are not sure about something, or whatever... I'd be happy to answer!

FAQ

• "Dis suucks"
    • We all know you're 10, Timothy, you do not need to prove it!
  • "Pavé César, ceux qui ont lu te saluent."
    • Avé ! (That's a so-french expression)
  • "ANKAMA WILL NOT ACCEPT >:[[ !!!!!"
    • Blablabla... so pessimistic!
  • "What if the player doesn't have a smartphone?"
    • This is a real problem and I'm aware of that, but sadly, I don't think there is any solution... buy a low-cost phone that has android, or yeah... you'll need the app in order to play :/ But if you have any other solution, tell me!

If you have any question or if you want precisions about anything, don't hesitate and ask it! That's the reason why this thread is here, and I'll be happy to answer your request. Also, do not hesitate to tell me that you like this project in order to support it, and to show Ankama that we would love this to happen someday! And if they doesn't accept, it's fine, at least they would have new ideas and some feedback about what the community wants.
Peace =3

ALSO! UGH! I'm sure your eyes hurts as much as mine after writing all of this. There are probably tons of spelling mistakes and such, feel free to correct me if you want, I'd seriously appreciate this, haha (it's 1AM right now as I write this... and I'm french!=1.5rem). Thank you so much.

You can also join our Discord in order to talk about the project: https://sh.arkros.net/shinonome
2 -1
Reactions 20
Score : 137

By the way, I also wrote a post in french, which is available here: Click here!

0 0
Score : 102

so mono control = phone?
nice memu emu

0 0

Whaa?

0 0
Score : 25912

How can Ankama stop multi-accounter (who owns multiple smartphones) from playing in this server? 

0 0

With the method that I explained within the first message!

Players will have to use Ankama Authenticator in order to login onto Shinonome, but the application will need to be edited a bit, in order to only allow one account to login.

It's only one solution... if you're patient enough to read some french-speakin', you could always go to the french post, linked above. Some people are giving their opinion and possible alternatives in order to stop the multi-accounters and bots!

0 0

I think those methods will only stop honest players, but will not stop dishonest multi-account abusers. What will stop a multi-accounter from registering 8 accounts as 8 main account of 8 different person using 8 different phone using 8 different connection?

Ankama already admitted to be unable to identify multi-accounters who uses multiple computer/internet/account. Don't get me wrong, I too dream of an ideal world where a mono-account server can be created, but as long as dishonest multi-accounter cannot be detected, it will remain just a dream. Ideal world and reality is a different thing.

1 -1

I know that, but the only way to, at least, prevent them from joining, is by finding ways to limit them as much as possible. 

In your example, the player will either have to have 8 phones, 8 computer, or 8 virtual machines. If he wants to login, he'll have to start every single machine and click "Unlock" on each of them. Do you think he will bother doing something like this while he can play normally on another server ^^? After some time he'll be bored of doing it for sure ahah xD and this is the main goal with my solution, because I know we cannot stop them entirely...

0 0
Score : 569

So this is a suggestion for mobile gamers? go to http://www.dofus-touch.com/en/forum if thats the case not our forums.

If its for all platforms then I couldnt agree less about another server.

The game had servers. Lots of them and slowly as the game aged those servers started to die. The community cried out for a server merge into one big server and now we have it! Now people want more servers?

Also a server without multi accounters? If it wasnt for multi accounters this game wouldnt be running anymore.

0 0

Please read the post again if you misunderstood it.

0 0

XhatzExpia|2017-08-28 19:30:02
I know that, but the only way to, at least, prevent them from joining, is by finding ways to limit them as much as possible. 

In your example, the player will either have to have 8 phones, 8 computer, or 8 virtual machines. If he wants to login, he'll have to start every single machine and click "Unlock" on each of them. Do you think he will bother doing something like this while he can play normally on another server ^^? After some time he'll be bored of doing it for sure ahah xD and this is the main goal with my solution, because I know we cannot stop them entirely...

If your solution hinges on abusers getting bored, I fear it will not be enough to deter abusers. Abusers prevailed even with stronger, more tangible countermeasures. Boredom is the last thing that will stop abusers, they love what they are doing.
0 0
Score : 569

XhatzExpia|2017-08-28 19:31:01
Please read the post again if you misunderstood it.

I have, you want a new server for single account players. It wont happen.....
0 0
Score : 13352

Ignoring the fact that this likely will never happen,  how would you deal with the fact that android devices can have multiple users with separate profiles, allowing someone to essentially have 8 of Ankama's authenticator app on 1 device?

0 0
Score : 6135

I'm so into this! And we need not make comments about what will or will not ever happen unless we work for Ankama wink.

There are certainly difficulties with ensuring it is a true mono-account server, but I think mainly it just needs to be a rule that multi-accounting isn't allowed and ban people who do. Ankama has many tools that can find them and they can take player reports as well.

Maybe fear of being banned will deter people, especially if banning actually happens.

I would love a mono-account server! And yes, the game would run fine without multi-accounting, just several dungeons wouldn't be run nearly as much. So what?

0 0

Ankama already stated/admitted multiple times in the past that there is no way to prevent/identify multi-accounter, as such, a mono-account server is not an option

Why can you claim that Ankama has many tools that can find multi-accounter? Do you know more than Ankama, regarding what they can and can't do? Do you work for Ankama?

0 0
Score : 1342
Gamakna #3: Single Account Server
Many of you have asked us about a single-account server (ever since the launch of DOFUS, in fact!), and today, we are delighted to announce that a new server for single-account players will go live in October.

This was previously impossible for us: We were technically unable to effectively prevent multi-account users from playing on this server. But times have changed and we now believe we have an acceptable solution to offer this kind of experience.

To block multi-accounts, this new server will have to introduce certain restrictions. Firstly, to access this game mode, your account will need to have a verified telephone number (more details).

Secondly, connection restrictions will be applied. For example, two accounts with the same IP or the same telephone number will not be able to connect to the server simultaneously. Other restrictions will be put in place, but these won't be made public.

We are aware that the IP restriction may cause problems in some situations, but it is a necessary measure to avoid the multi-account issue.
0 0

Telephone registry and IP restriction was available before, it is not something new. I just hope those other restrictions are something new (and not just for psyche) that is impossible for abuser to bypass, or else it would be another way for Ankama to lose face (and players).

0 -1

Discord link updated.. I totally forgot that I changed it weeks ago :wacko: sorry

0 0
Respond to this thread