By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Advent gifts and sidekicks on the monoaccount server

By Jinsenke - SUBSCRIBER - December 04, 2017, 18:36:44

Hello world! 
I open the following thread hoping to address the issue of some subscription gifts and advent gifts not being available on the monoaccount server because so far, as we all know and i, personally, think I fully understand the reasoning behind this, they are not redeemable on them yet. I will now argue against it.

As i understand, the reason to why emporium stuff and kama exchange have been that the economy needs to remain untampered by the messy hands of people with enough cash to spend to accumulate a scrooge's riches in a very short period of time and with no actual effort. 
But the thing is this: monoaccount servers are active as a beehive right now (even more so since we can actually infer that to every character running around corrisponds one individual) and they are all locked out of this event. Not only that, the most players who would enjoy such a thing as free gear for low-to-mid levels are actually the players on that server, where there are not many equips one owns or can afford to buy.
Furthermore, about sidekicks: they're even more useful on this kind of server, and if the choice was to lock out completely the content to incourage team-building between players i'd agree with the decision. But it is not so, since there are still the sidekicks given with the achievements and Fraternica still assigns a random one each week. so why not at the very least allow the ones bought with the novice sub pack? Some could say: you stated the reason just a few lines above! I did, yes, thank you for reminding me.
I've come up with a simple solution to this and to the issue above: make both advent gifts and sidekicks from subscripton packs unexchangeable until further notice. as with other items in the game which at some point were made unexchangeable and the released of this status, i guess that the devs can at some point, when the economy fully stabilizes, release them of such property making that NPC at the amakna castle zaap remove the unexchangeable status.
This would reduce the frustration of newer players who for example bought the Novice Pack without reading the red statement saying that the gifts are not redeemable on the MAS, let every one enjoy the Kwismas giftravaganza going on and in the mean time not significantly upsetting the economy of the servers.

Thank you for the attention, this is as synthetic as my argument can be.
Happy holidays to everyone!

2 -1
Reactions 23
Score : 44

I agree i don't want to compete agaisnt people who just go all 5 characters in a game, that's not how rpgs work, so i play mono account which is the main reason i came back to dofus, but stuff so simple like the advent gifts would not be overpowered just a nice thing, is a xmas event and mono account are missing on it

0 -1
Score : 25829

The irony of someone thinking that RPGs should not be played with multiple characters and then agree to a thread asking for sidekicks.

1 -2
Score : 52

sidekicks and multi are completely different things. i hope you realize that without me having to explain why.

I respect you as a player and a community member, but you missed the point.
using sidekicks is having a weak-ish help in fights that also penalizes the experience for that fight. they are indeed used instead playing with other people (which are not always available for the contingent goals a player may have, like some fights for specific objectives of quests that to some classes are more difficult than to others) but in a game where a working group search function has not been developed yet, it's helpful at times. also, it is only one more character. you can't fend off an eight-monster-mob of your level with only your sidekick unless you're a gear god or an osa.
sidekicks can't even compete with even a multiaccount team of two, because of their various limits (less xp, no additional drops, they die with their owner) and given that they were rebalanced so that they'd be weaker at lower levels the system is fair in what its purpose is: lending a help with those fights which not a lot of players are interested in.

on the mono-account servers, you won't find a 300pp enu soloing jellies with their kamus rex or their astrub knight; people do group up, sidekicks or not. and this is only one of my arguments of this thread. sidekicks are obviously gonna be released eventually just like harnesses and emotes, i was only suggesting another way of doing so earlier without compromising the intentions, given that the novice pack gift them.

but to be fair to SketchyJK, i think you may have misinterpreted her comment: because of 5-man-teams they begun playing on the monoaccount server on which advent gifts are unavailable for reasons beyond my comprehension (may be analog to all shop items? but the logic wouldn't stand). that was the second topic i touched. it may have gone under the radar, but if any it was meant to be the main topic. i'm sorry if that wasn't clear in the first place

cheers

0 -1

I didn't say they are the same thing, I just assumed that I do not have to explain to anyone that using sidekick is also using more than one character instead of playing with other players.

Edit: Yea, sidekicks are weaker than regular characters (I didn't say that they aren't), but they still count as playing with more than one character instead of playing with others, as such it is ironic that someone who thinks that RPGs should be played with others  is agreeing to a thread asking for sidekicks which is not another player. Who cares if sidekicks can't beat 8 mobs, who cares if 8 powerful class are better? The point is that he agrees to a thread asking for a sidekicks to play with, when he apparently thinks that we should be playing with others (because apparently, that is how RPGs are supposed to be played).

To put it simply, he implied that:
"RPG should be played with others, so I agree to bring sidekicks to MAS". 
Don't you find that ironic? I am not talking about your suggestion being an irony, I am talking about his agreeing to your suggestion even though he have a contradicting stand on how the game should be played. This is not about your suggestion. Personally I am a solo-accounter and uses sidekicks, so I know the extent of what they can and cannot do, but the truth is and will always be, is that sidekicks IS using more than one character instead of playing with others. I should know, because I use sidekicks instead of playing with others.

1 -2
Score : 566

I don't mind advent calendar gear being on mono account servers, it's not a bad idea.(mostly because it is low level and quickly becomes irrelevant, can be helpful on a new server tho)
I think that the reason you can't claim it is because the emporium is disabled, so until this comes thru on mono acc. servers i doubt you will be able to claim many things.

As for sidekicks: I think the reason why they are unavailable is because they facilitate most of the gameplay. Ankama wouldn't want for the hype to wear so quickly so they didn't want to facilitate the progression by unlocking a shop in which a player could buy a sidekick(OR GEAR) for money. (It's kinda pay to win you know - at least in a sense) If they were so easily obtainable then you could get away with only having one other player to play with, no need for a group of 4+ people when you can pretty much do most content that will be relevant to you with only one friend and 2 sidekicks.
There are also some sidekicks that are available from the achievements, and yes they require some effort, but once you get the first one - Astrub Knight, then getting to 1000 AP is not much of a challenge, rather a matter of time. In a sense, getting access to other sidekicks will also be a matter of time since they will come out eventually, you just have to be patient.

And yes, I am aware of the fact that they do not provide xp bonus and loot, but still they enable you to kill the boss you otherwise could not or just to make it faster/easier so it still makes clearing some content easier.

0 -1
Score : 44

Gunnerwolfang|2017-12-12 01:41:23
The irony of someone thinking that RPGs should not be played with multiple characters and then agree to a thread asking for sidekicks.

Ehh i am not really looking for the sidekicks, i'm mostly talking about the sets/items/events etc. that exclude the mono accounts, i swear the sidekicks is the least of my problems xD
1 -2

Figured as much. Next time try to read and understand the thread in its entirety before agreeing to it, or just state that you do not approve of certain parts of it. If you just outright agree to a thread which you technically contradict, then you can be called out for it.

1 -2
Respond to this thread