By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Account-wide proffessions

By Jimmyjimmy - SUBSCRIBER - July 03, 2018, 09:33:40

So the requirement to perfectly plan your character before you have ever experienced the game Dofus has largely been lifted; you no longer have to select the perfect 3 professions, you don't have to get your characteristics right on level 2 to avoid ruining your endgame, you can scroll without buying enough to scroll every stat to 100. These are fantastic changes which bring this game almost to the level of *playable* for new players not being tutored by the experienced.

Only problem is professions. If you want players to take advantage of the double xp and explore more of the opportunities dofus has to offer, you need to not kneecap all of their professions for doing so. Account wide breeding sheds and achievements are recent updates in a similar theme that make the game harder to exploit for experienced players, how about something to make it easier to enjoy for the new players too?

My guild member just changed from Sram to Saddi and having been a proffer for his whole career so far, his life's work is now ruined. I feel like the absence of this feature threatens his engagement with the dofus universe, and only serves to give more market power to players with years of experience who know what they want to do before they ever create and account on the server.

I have not properly played a second character ever and would consider it if this change was implimented. I had a whole series of proffing toons back in the day and that was a pain in the ass this current system is much better but we're so close to being something user friendly, optimally this should have been introduced the day that proffs became universale, with every toon on an account taking on the highest levels of each proffession on that account.

I'm sure the poor souls who have doubled up proffs since then, despite the annoyance of their hard work being wasted, wouldn't wish their pain on anyone.

2 -2
Reactions 13
Score : 3281

Hello,

how does that work? I do not have to take any teaching just because my brother or my neighbor has already studied, and then I know everything about it automatically? No no, I am absolutely against it. Why, too. If there is something to be done professionally, the character can easily be changed.
Disapproval.

br, Medizini

3 -3
Score : 194

I guess they teach each-other? The important thing is to stop dis-incentivizing trying different toons.

2 -1
Score : 3281

They cant teach each other because... they never meet the other parts of her family ingame^^

3 -2
Score : 1349

I agree with you Jimmy.  When they merged professions such as baker/farmer back in the day I was stuck with lvl 200 Runes for my Farmer profession that are linked to my account.  It would be nice to either utilize these on other characters on my same account or to allow professions to link across characters on the same account.  If there is a negative side to allowing this feature I would like to know but I don't think this would be exploitation in any way. 

0 0
Score : 25704

Ankama is very much into multi-accounting. They would prefer that players create, play and pay for multiple accounts instead of using multiple characters in one account. Anything that would benefit using single account is a big No-No.

0 -1
Score : 4358

I agree that making it account wide would be a nice feature. However, as mentioned before, your friend can always switch back to their profession character as needed. Other alternatives would be using class change service rather than making a new character, or if you're out of character slots because you need to keep your profession char, buying a new char slot.

0 -1
Score : 12916

BluSkies|2018-07-20 13:51:42
I agree that making it account wide would be a nice feature. However, as mentioned before, your friend can always switch back to their profession character as needed. Other alternatives would be using class change service rather than making a new character, or if you're out of character slots because you need to keep your profession char, buying a new char slot.

People shouldn't be penalized or be forced into buying something just because they like to play multiple classes.

This is a simple quality of life change. It could be implemented as:

To craft/mage a level x item, a character on the same account and server must have the relevant profession at level x minimum.

Implementing this way also avoids complaints of unfairness with varying server economies, and would be able to hook into code which already exists in the game. (the change character menu already fetches info about your other characters, which proves this should not be a client or server limitation either.)

The only excuse for refusing* to implement something like this is to incentivize paying for things like class changes, but that even leaves out that maybe someone wants to play both classes, but chooses which character they want to play at the time.

*Note: Specifically, refusing. There are certainly other reasons such as prioritizing fixing long-standing bugs (*cough* missiz has been broken for 4 months ) over less impactful change like this. However, leaving it ignored indefinitely is just an unwillingness to improve quality of life for players.
1 0
Score : 120

So,who gets the pods? 

I was a big prof player on my old accounts and loved the extra pods.

I have one main prof character now to take advantage of the pod bonuses. Potentially he could have 15 to 20k eventually.

Ankama isn't going to award the bonus to all characters.

1 0
Score : 25704

Why not for all char? Pods has no combat benefit anyway.

Having account wide prof will be a fail if only one character gets the bonus pods. 

1 -1
Score : 4313

I agree. It would be a fair compensation for the account-wide dungeon achievement reward limit.

1 0
Score : 194

Really good question about pods, since you can only play one character per account at a time, giving to all characters should be a non-issue. Basically a class change potion should only be for when you really want to keep the same name, colors, or role in a guild.

1 0
Respond to this thread