By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Special linked Mimisymbics, based on character level

By DofuLloyd - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - September 16, 2018, 14:08:40

So, today I thought of using a Mimisymbic to make a 195 item look like a 196 item (for my 200 Pandawa), but that's impossible, I remembered, because there can't be an equipment piece that looks like a superior one. Makes perfect sense. But I thought: why can't I myself be allowed to do so, if my character is 200? It should be a simple fix: if you want to use a Mimisymbic to make an item look like a higher-level one, first of all your character level must be high enough, second you have to link that item to your character until you free it from its Mimisymbic. This way you can never sell such an item, it's just for your personal enjoyment... As it should be with Mimisymbics anyway. 
 For example, if I want my Red Piwi Hat to look like a Danathor's Hat (lvl 196), my character has to be at least 196 AND the Red Piwi Hat will become linked to my character until I dissociate the Mimisymbic. This linking only applies to this special case of appearance change, not to all the regular cases. Or this could just be a type of Mimisymbic of its own. Sounds fair, doesn't it? 

1 0
Reactions 6
Score : -6

No lol

0 -3
Score : 290

Yes lol

(If this is the level of "discussion" you want to have)

2 0
Score : 563

This system is flawed imo, because either:
A - you won't be able to trade the item because it is based on your lvl.(and therefore trading defeats the purpose of this being tied to your level, see B )
B - if you are able to trade the item then the whole system is pointless since you can mimi a 200 item onto a piwi and then trade it to your lvl 10 character. In a nutshell you could just get rid of the item level requirement completely as it would be easily bypassable.

What would actually make sense is mimis that don't "stick" to the item, but instead they turn any item into a ceremonial one. So you still lose the item but keep the appearance forever. For example a "Ceremonial Queen of Thieves Hat" - would work like any ceremonial hat, and have the appearance of said hat(or any other hat that was used, QoT hat is an example of course)

Now yeah this makes Ankama less money, but perhaps you could sell this special kind of mimi for an increased price or something, either way I'm 100% sure that ppl will buy this, it's like mimi but much better. Items still get "fused" so you lose the one you sacrifice(so no loss on the resource deletion part, wink wink game devs) to get the skin, but you don't ever lose that skin and you are able to trade said skin - new trade market for crafters(you can sell skins and whatnot).

0 0

I think the point of tying the shape change to the level is to avoid making you look levels higher than you actually are, in Ankama's intentions... You might argue that in PvP you still see others' level, therefore there's no mistaking, but you might not remember each item level. So, I guess, they made it to prevent some kind of exploit and confusion. Anyway, that's why I mentioned the linking to prevent exchanging and selling, because it seems Ankama doesn't want us to mimic items to look like higher-level gear, not to mention selling them. 

0 0
Score : 358

I was thinking about it too, but instead of linking it to the character i thought that visual item should pass its level requirements (only if they are higher) on mimied pice of equipement. So this way item level 150 that will look like item level 180 will require level 180 to equip. 
+ ceremonial mimisymbic is a pretty nice idea

1 0

Yeah that's a simpler idea, but just as effective. 

1 0
Respond to this thread