By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Bring back our Aie ! battle cry

By GlutoBlop - SUBSCRIBER - September 20, 2018, 08:56:00
AnkaTracker

For those that do not know, you can click your character, select "Slap" and your character will then release a battle cry of "Aie !".

This has been a staple in Dofus for as long as I can remember, and it is used to show your team that you are ready to fight!

Update 2.48 has removed this battle cry and replaced it with "Ow !"

11 years ago we faced a similar problem, where our glorious battle cry was replaced with "Ouch !"

https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/8-suggestion-box/54610-aie

Ankama, can we move your hearts one last time and convince you to save our beloved Aie !

Thank you,
Gluto

Aie !

9 0
First Ankama intervention

#SayAieNotOw

See message in context
Reactions 15
Score : 3524

Dear Ankama,

/slap's "Aie!" has been used as a way to tell our teammates that we're ready for a fight. We were saying, "Aie! We're ready to fight the Dragon Pig or die trying!" (and many did).

We've never once used it because we felt the need to slap ourselves before a fight.

"Ow! I hit myself, I can't join the fight, I have to tend to my wounds first" isn't what our teammates want to hear facing Count Harebourg!
We've been saying that anyway, but we mustered our strength and said "Aie! Time's up, let's do this!" anyway.

We don't have a Leeroy Jenkins in Dofus, but we've had an "Aie!" to motivate us.

Bring back the "Aie!", especially on this holiest of months for any "Aie!" and "Arr!" saying
pirate!

#SayAieNotOw
9 0
Score : 150

For the longest time, I never knew about the Slap.  To this day, I still type Aie x6 (because team).

Changing it to Ow! is awful.  Everyone knows Aie! translates from French into: "Lets kill this group of monsters".  Even us one language wonders know that much.

#SayAieNotOw

9 0
Score : 705

Aie! = Yes, I'm ready to inflict pain upon this unsuspecting group of monsters and collect their body parts at the end.

Ow! = I have a sudden stomach pain, so I'm just gonna go to bed instead.

#SayAieNotOw

7 0
Score : 1784
#NotMySlap
#SayAieNotOw
7 0
Score : 73
6 0

#SayAieNotOw

Score : 747

Do we have any feedback on whether we can have our beloved Aie ! back ?  

Edit: I just noticed you now say "#SayAieNotOw" when you slap yourself in game, and you released a survey to change it. Brilliant! xD

0 0
Score : 29

#SayAieNotOw 

Ever since I began playing dofus about a decade ago (on and off since then) I've known that Aie! Meant that we're about to slaughter this mob (or be slaughtered by this month). To change such a well known thing in the game (sneakily might I add) is wrong bring back Aie! So we can slap ourselves with purpose!

2 0
Score : 567

I'm just curious on the thought process for this... being the second time they have tried to change Aie! to something else. You're changing the things that make this game iconic, why? That is something to truly say Ow! about.

#SayAieNotOw

2 0
Score : 4267

Pie!

0 0
Score : 88

Aie! is trademark of this game, we need it!

2 0
Score : 3007

I have just discovered something shocking: In the French and in the German community, there is still the "Aie!". Probably in the others too. Only in the international it gets lost and changed to this Ow!

Can one determine the person responsible for it? Then we can attack and torture him directly!ph34r

2 0
Score : 3007

So it was the goddess Eniripsa. So so.
We should not pray to her for two days. Or three.

2 0
Score : 2993

I was absent at the time, and I apologize if resurrecting it is inappropriate, but I just love this thread with all the creative and amusing comments in it! wubMade my day. 

#SayAieNotOw

0 0
Respond to this thread