By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Allow mount GPS to be used while dismounted

By vagabaka - SUBSCRIBER - March 27, 2019, 22:25:51

Some builds use pets or petmounts instead of mounts, and sometimes you just want to get off your animal's back. But it's a shame that the GPS potion you've already paid for stops working. I think the GPS feature should continue to work even when you're dismounted. Make it cost mount energy to balance.

1 0
Reactions 8
Score : 4266

lol

0 -1
Score : 2379

Hi,

I think the GPS function is currently linked to a Mount Genetic Bonus, which is obviously obtained through the potion.

Making it work with other petsmounts/pets would require a fundamental overhaul.

In any case I don’t think there is an obvious quick-fix.

0 0
Score : 5760

OP didn't ask for a quick fix. They just asked for a fix that makes sense to them.

They also did not ask for the GPS bonus to apply to pets and petsmounts. Simply that the system work while unmounted, if your equipped mount has the GPS trait. For the record, "equipped" =/= "mounted."

If it takes a fundamental overhaul to make the GPS interface usable while unmounted, then I think it's worth the developers' efforts.

0 0
Score : 5760

I agree that having access to the GPS system, while unmounted, would be a great benefit. Ankama wanted to incentivize the usage of pets with a stat revamp, but for everyday use the movement benefits from traditional mounts still cannot be beat.

1 0
Score : 2379

InuzukaKiba|2019-03-28 21:36:44
OP didn't ask for a quick fix. They just asked for a fix that makes sense to them.

They also did not ask for the GPS bonus to apply to pets and petsmounts. Simply that the system work while unmounted, if your equipped mount has the GPS trait. For the record, "equipped" =/= "mounted."

If it takes a fundamental overhaul to make the GPS interface usable while unmounted, then I think it's worth the developers' efforts.

Hi, I'm just trying to point out that if Ankama were to make this change that it won't be any time soon. 

InuzukaKiba|2019-03-28 21:36:08
I agree that having access to the GPS system, while unmounted, would be a great benefit. Ankama wanted to incentivize the usage of pets with a stat revamp, but for everyday use the movement benefits from traditional mounts still cannot be beat.

You would have to either remove the feeding requirement for mounts (angry fishermen) or make it so that walking around without being mounted used up your mounts energy.
0 0
Score : 4170

My post did say using GPS while unmounted should still cost mount energy, to balance it.

1 0
Score : 2140

Also, keep in mind that mounts travel faster across maps. Pressing the shortcut to mount/dismount requires quite the effort though.

0 0
Score : 25627

Gunnersnake: "What is this potion?", drinks the pre-sentient potion...
Me: "NOOOOOO!".

Gunnersnake gained sentience and can now automatically walk anywhere I command him to go.

Seriously though... Ankama should improve their casual QoL system and make autobot walking feature be more accessible and easy to use. Stop pretending to want to help your player.

0 0
Respond to this thread