By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why is there no concede feature in kolossium

By ChuckMyNorris - SUBSCRIBER - August 22, 2019, 02:10:46

Am I missing something? This seems like an obvious feature that should exist. I'm genuinely curious to know why it doesn't exist yet. There's nothing more boring and frustrating than being forced to sit through a kolo match that is already decided. 

1 0
Reactions 10
Score : 607

It's alright for a 3vs3. People would abuse this (you get bad team = concede). I don't know why it's not an option in a 1vs1 (sometimes I would like to just leave the fight, typical 190 vs 200 opti).

0 -1
Score : 282

concedes in 3v3 would obviously be a vote system like in any other game. The concede only happens if every team member agrees to it. 

0 0

Hm. Maybe could work with a minimum rounds, like any other game too.

0 0
Score : 3590

In e.g. Rocket League you can start voting after the first minute (matches are timed at 5 minutes + overtime).

When voting for a forfeit people have about 15-20 seconds to vote on it.
If not all 3 have voted for it the vote disappears.
Players that have already initiated a failed vote cannot initiate another vote.
Players that have already initiated a failed vote can abandon the fight.
Abandoning a non-forfeited fight will result in a penalty timeout from any pvp matches for x minutes.
Players can abandon a non-forfeited fight without penalty if at least one other player has abandoned the match.

So, e.g. player 1 votes for a forfeit and player 2 votes in favor. Player 3 refuses (for whatever reason, hope/experience that bad matchups can still be turned around with luck/skill, trolling, disabled chats, etc.) and the vote ends without an agreement.

Player 2 and player 3 are the only ones who can now initiate another vote.

Instead of waiting for the first minute in Dofus, a number of turns, maybe 2-3, as Nole suggested, could be used.

0 0
Score : 996

Hell even an option to leave the match after you die would be worlds better than watching two tank classes duke it out for 30 more minutes. I’d love to see this implemented!

0 0
Score : 3590

Osas can resurrect people. So teams with an Osa would have to be denied that option. That could in turn make people maybe reconsider teaming up with Osas, which could in turn make Osas have a worse time finding a team for kolo.

0 0
Score : 282

Nole|2019-09-02 14:00:48

enduroppal|2019-08-31 10:16:23
Osas can resurrect people. So teams with an Osa would have to be denied that option. That could in turn make people maybe reconsider teaming up with Osas, which could in turn make Osas have a worse time finding a team for kolo.

Also, I don't think it's fair. Some1 who left because he died in 2 minutes will earn the same than the one that carried everyone in a 15 minutes fight. Alright; you can leave, but with a penalty. You can still help your mate via chat.

I don't think leaving is an option. A surrender feature with a vote system is alright, but should be all or nothing: 3/3 or no surrender.

Obviously if you leave the fight prematurely, you are forfeiting your reward. That's a given. 

Nole|2019-09-03 10:44:33
Still, if you leave + your mates die after 15 minutes, is unfair that the reward in both cases for the one that left coz he committed suicide and the others who tried hard winning that match.

I just think that the penalty of leaving a match should be the same. Just a concede feature with a voting system (whole team 3/3 should vote 'yes'), not a way to allow to leave matches. 

You can't really reward a "not left but defeat" coz that would decrease the valor of the kolotokens (maybe just with xp, which would be ok for 199- players, not for OM.). So, the earning 0 leaving vs earning 0 staying. Earning 0 staying vs a penalty for leaving seems fine, unless all the team wants to leave (concede).

To be honest I have no idea what you are trying to say. Take some time to formulate your point in a comprehensible way. Until then, I can't offer any kind of meaningful reply. 

enduroppal|2019-08-31 10:16:23

I think you are riding that train of logic way too far. The only reason someone who has died would leave the match would be if they believe that the match is lost anyway. Therefore, the vast majority of the time, a teammate of an osa who has died would not leave the fight (at least until the osa is also dead) since they know there is a possibility that they get resurected. 
0 0

Still, if you leave + your mates die after 15 minutes, is unfair that the reward in both cases for the one that left coz he committed suicide and the others who tried hard winning that match.

I just think that the penalty of leaving a match should be the same. Just a concede feature with a voting system (whole team 3/3 should vote 'yes'), not a way to allow to leave matches. 

You can't really reward a "not left but defeat" coz that would decrease the valor of the kolotokens (maybe just with xp, which would be ok for 199- players, not for OM.). So, the earning 0 leaving vs earning 0 staying. Earning 0 staying vs a penalty for leaving seems fine, unless all the team wants to leave (concede).

0 -1
Respond to this thread