FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Quest] An Eternal Harvest

By Xxx-anti-xxX - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - September 10, 2019, 09:29:04

Hello

Here is a very important proposal  concerning the Ocher Dofus Quest
I know in advance that my proposal will not please those who have the job of hunting Arches all day to make money.

Recently several people are chasing the arches to sell them, but in return and because of this activity, the players who make the quest have found themselves stuck on the stages of the arch-monsters, moreover the prices of the arch-monsters are worth expensive and most don't have the means to buy them.

my proposal to add the impossibility of capturing the arches to those who have not reached the stage of the arches on the quest in question, and at the same time prevent the Archis from repopying in the access zones that the controlling alliance

cordially

0 -3
Reactions 12
Score : 25862

Your suggestion will negatively impact entrepreneurs. 
With your suggestion, you will be forcing players to search those arch themselves which might make the quest harder than it already is, because they won't have the option of simply buying them from others (or at the very least there will be less available in the market making the price go up even more due to law of supply and demand).

And alliance system might take a hit if owning territory become less important because you will be removing arch from those areas.

1 0
Score : 51

Collecting arches in step order is the worst possible way to do it. You block yourself on the one step only because you miss one soul. Instead try to make a list of every single arch (there are plenty if you google for them or I can send you a one). That way you can check many territories and collect many other arches instead of farming and checking only for the ones from current step.

1 0
Score : 16

How about making the respawn time a little bit relative to the souling rate that way soul stones will get cheaper as more of them fill the store, this will keep the price and the difficulty of getting the souls  more stable. 

1 0
Score : 25

My apologies I hadn't checked to see if anyone else was talking about this so recently before I wrote my suggestion. This tells me that this quest needs some serious attention. @Gunnerwolfang my suggestion completely removes this entrepreneur mentality. It enforces the player to find the monster themselves while also removing this random timer spawn nonsense. An Archmonster should be somewhere all of the time the “randomness” is reduced only to hunting the zones you find it in and you update your own quest soulstone. This still makes the quest a difficult task but a more appropriate progress system while also allowing Ankama to update the quest to better suit the current version of Dofus.

For my actual suggestion see here:
Blues Suggestion

0 -1
Score : 73

Why fix something that's not broken? There are thousands of ochres through out each server because people never struggled before hand to grind archmonster souls. The only thing you can do rather than crying "its not fair" is to put your big boy pants on. Many people did it before hand with 8 man teams so why can't you?

Don't ruin a quest that's been in this game forever...

1 0
Score : 25

@seanshepherd Your post so closely followed mine I wasn't sure if it was directed at me or @Xxx-anti-xxX.

It is fair to disagree with an opinion and as I said in my original suggestion this whole quest is an extremely touchy subject for people wearing their “big person pants” or not. I don't think you can claim in truth that these “thousands” of people before us never struggled with the grind, that is relative. I myself am most definitely struggling with the grind, you can check out my merchant post maybe sell me a few souls if you have them. My suggestion by no means makes this quest easier it changes it from Eternally Random to an individual Eternal Harvest. Thanks for your comment

1 -1
Score : 73

Don't you think that's the point of the dofus is for it to be "rare".  It's one of the best dofuses to have in game and allows for so much diversity in set creation. If they implemented a system in which every one has a "fair chance" of farming these souls then their makes for no competition in the game and every one can just easily achieve something that's meant to be difficult to achieve. Also Its a direct comment at every one who complains about the quest line. 

0 0
Score : 75

Honestly... "An Eternal Harvest" is an alright quest in my opinion. It's long, tedious which are not great attributes though it has some good ideas to it which actually aged well. It's accessible, you can clearly see arch-monsters being different even before knowing what the quest is to ask, start digging into it. So it's not so horrible (not great but probably the best out of all Dofus quest lines) for newer players (if those still exist) since it doesn't "try to hide" steps and info as much as other dofus quest lines do. You can also do it in any order really (well, besides the last step). It comes with the simplistic design of the quest and it ages really well, gives you a lot of freedom. And i think it's great that you can just buy the souls if you don't want to hunt for them forever, makes it much easier to do for experienced players on their 167th character, it saves time and can distribute a lot of money to "newer" and not so rich players.

Though we have to admit it's not perfect and, well, attacking arch-monsters should be allowed even if the area isn't controlled by your alliance purely because of the small population of the international server. The way it is now the mob may sit there for a couple of days with people wanting to kill it but not being able to.

And to be perfectly honest, it's not that long of a quest. It wasn't unusual to complete it in less than 2 weeks a couple of years ago, don't think it got changed at all so should take about as much time now, too.

Overall, i don't see a reason for a major change, maybe a minor one to accommodate the low player count on the Echo server. But is that worth the development time and would that make sense to put in the more populated servers? With our community getting smaller and smaller it's really worth keeping that in mind i think.

0 0

Blue-Hue-Zero|2019-10-18 21:32:11
 @Gunnerwolfang my suggestion completely removes this entrepreneur mentality. It enforces the player to find the monster themselves 

That is exactly why I am not in favor of this suggestion. Entrepreneurship is a social aspect of the game. Some would argue that if you do not want to socialize in the game then do not play online games (I also do not agree with that mentality because I am a soloist player). There are players like me who do not prefer playing with others but would very much want to buy things that they need from others in order to complete the ochre quest. Maybe you like running around hunting for arch, but there are players who don't fancy that. If there is a way for them to get those arch without running around and fighting, then that would be ideal for them because they do not have much time to do that. I myself find it easier to get enough kamas to buy arches than to run around hunting arches (to be honest, I find it easier to get kamas to buy 2 ochre dofus than to complete the ochre quest. lol).
0 0
Score : 6044

If you’ve tried to do the quest on Ilyzaelle you’ll know it’s completely absurd. The fact ochre is twice the cost of ivory dofus on Ilyzaelle should speak for itself, when ivory is supposed to be the hardest dofus to get.

The quest doesn’t scale well to a very populated server - some arches only spawn a few times per day, which is far too little when hundreds of people are trying to get it.

I don’t know what the best answer is for improving it without making ochre too easy to get. At the very least, respawn times have to take into account server activity.

0 0

That is why I do not play on Ilyzaelle. As I have said a thousand times before, "Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it, and it will turn out to be worse that you already have". I have already predicted how hard it would be to play on a full-populated server long before they implemented Ilyzaelle. You ask for a full packed server, be ready for the full packed competitive environment, now be prepared to have a difficult time completing a competitive focused quest which necessitate that you use your trading skill to purchase the necessary resources.

A system wherein respawn would scale with server activity? As a soloist player, that would be good in my playstyle as long as arches can be traded/bought/sold  (I actually have another idea that could improve this problem, but I'll hold it off for when I feel like giving additional ideas, right now after what the mods did to me 2 years ago, I don't feel like giving them more reason to invisible me). 

0 0
Respond to this thread