FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Fixing Dimensional Portals in Voyager Tower and/or Class Temples

By MYSKUNK - SUBSCRIBER - June 19, 2020, 22:27:08

The treasure hunt to find a portal seems arbitrary and very annoying at this point. Can we anchor the portals somewhere like the Voyager Tower or Class temples?

Pros: Having the portals fixed is simpler and easier for all players involved.

Cons: None that I can think of. I'm not sure why the hunting for portals is even a thing.

I would love this change.

Thanks ~

1 0
Reactions 8
Score : 6306

I feel like Ankama keeps it this way to keep it balanced.

Thinking about it, some of the most lucrative dungeons in the game for farming XP are in the dimensions, as well as some of the most famously difficult content. And across the board, the sets you can craft from dimension resources are quite powerful even with new content added since.

The inconvenience, which is barely an inconvenience if you're using a website to look up the treasure hunt clues tbh, is minor considering how unbalanced the dimensions actually are. Don't get me wrong, it'd be neat to have this. But if they added this, they'd surely nerf the content within which I don't think anyone wants right now.

1 0
Score : 787

I don't know if the portal hunts keep it balanced. People already farming Enurado.

0 0
Score : 134

A fixed position would be a nice convenience, right now he treasure hunt for it is not an issue at all, just makes it tedious (a word that is synonymous with Dofus).
To the point of balancing, I'm not sure how it's balancing anything. The dimension content is some of the most difficult and the rewards for it are some of the strongest items in the game. Big rewards for beating a big challenge, that's the balancing aspect of it. Now whether the items are too strong or the content is too hard is a different discussion. I fail to see how doing a treasure hunt with the help of a website balances anything at all and the removal of the 3-5 minutes wasted looking for the portal would need a nerf of any kind.

TL;DR
Fully agree, remove unnecessary tediousness from the game

1 0

I'm not saying it actually keeps it balanced, because Enurado is pretty broken obviously, but that  barrier to entry is a small price to pay for what you can get in the dimensions.

What I am saying is that you should be careful what you wish for. If Ankama were to take out the portal hunts and fix the portals, they'd almost certainly absolutely do something to the XP/etc in the dimensions that a lot of people will not like.

It's rare for them to give us nice things without taking something in return and making people upset about it.

0 0
Score : 134

I haven't done research on this so maybe I'm just wrong but isn't the XP of dimensional dungs just the sum of the XP of all monsters you fight in the 5 waves? Would be a very... I'd say dumb decision to cut the XP in dimensions since the difficulty wouldn't be touched but it is Ankama and dumb decisions are kind of linked to the company so you do have a point there.

0 0

Not sure if it's strictly a sum of the experience, or a formula, but that's my point. I can see the devblog now: "We have decided to make it easier for people to access the Divine Dimensions. Consequently, we have made numerous changes to the functionality of the dungeons... [bulleted list of sadness]"

0 0
Score : 6724

I'd rather the dimensions had a normal level of experience and were accessible without treasure hunting, personally. I don't think the treasure hunting is very valuable. Most of the time people simply ask for the position in public chat and get it anyway, and so it is hardly a barrier.

Maybe it's different on other servers, but the only real use I see on Echo for the bonus experience is people leeching. I don't think the game needs to be designed for leechers. Though, the dungeons should perhaps give more experience on the basis that they're harder rather than on the basis that you had to ask someone for a position to get to the dungeon.

2 0
Score : 68

Fully agree with azas199
It provides no value, does not balance anything. Just makes the game more tedious than it already is.

0 0
Respond to this thread