FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Re work maging, its way too long overdue

By the-furion#5933 - SUBSCRIBER - May 27, 2021, 02:07:02

Yall need to be reworking the item enhancement system, as it is honestly a piece of trash. if the item does not have nay heavily weighed runes on it like ap, mp, range etc, it is one of the absolute worst possible things in the game to modify and its just not ok. you can literally spend millions for kamas on runes, to mage something thats not even a level 200 item, because of how awful this system is. It has needed a lot of tweaking for years. quit putting people on useless other games and things and fix your first game, this is getting pathetic. 

1 -2
Reactions 7
Score : 2568

Sounds like you've had some bad luck. 
Maging is a gamble - especially if you've been trying to exo mage (adding stats that aren't native to the item). 

But I don't think your feelings toward maging are shared by the majority of players - maging is predictably random. You know the four different outcomes (crit, success, fail and critical fail). With enough experience you begin to know the gists of the likelihood for landing each rune. 
Once you begin to count sink (the 'weight' of each rune), it gets even better. 

Maging definitely requires experience and trial and error. An in-game tutorial might not be bad - but an overhaul to the entire system is not what is needed. 

3 -1
Score : 218

I have to agree with you on this one, maging is something that needs to be learnt, and once you learn certain tricks it definitely gets better. I do have to say that certain items might require a bit more attention on the developing side when it comes to maging tough, as the "Vulture's Finery" cloak is nearly impossible to mage to 60 pushback damage without using smith magic orbs due to the weight of pushback runes and the lack of a RA pushback rune.

An overhaul of the entire maging system does seem a bit excessive though.

0 0
Score : 133

To be honest i do agree that it needs to be changed somehow. Maybe not necessarily an overhaul but rather some ease of life changes.

However.

HeLmZ#1299|2021-05-27 05:07:14
Sounds like you've had some bad luck. 
Maging is a gamble - especially if you've been trying to exo mage (adding stats that aren't native to the item). 

But I don't think your feelings toward maging are shared by the majority of players - maging is predictably random. You know the four different outcomes (crit, success, fail and critical fail). With enough experience you begin to know the gists of the likelihood for landing each rune. 
Once you begin to count sink (the 'weight' of each rune), it gets even better. 

Maging definitely requires experience and trial and error. An in-game tutorial might not be bad - but an overhaul to the entire system is not what is needed. 

Being a gamble is fine, but the tediousness of repeating the same thing over and over again makes it feel like more of a job, the game is supposed to be fun right? Make the gamble fun then, not soul destroying.

Now, your opinion on whether something should be changed is most likely determined by how long you have played the game and that is a fact and i will explain.

No end game player that has spent years building his gear will want this system to ever change, FACT. Doesn't matter how 'bad' a feature in the game is to newer players like me and OP, if it makes old players unhappy ankama wont raise a finger, its sad and i hate how unfriendly the game and community are to new players now but that is the environment ankama has allowed to grow and its all because of systems like this that will never be changed unless the vets say so, i bet most of the devs are in the top alliances also which is even more incentive to keep the game locked as it is so they can abuse it as players.

Its unfortunate but a lot of the game does need to be overhauled but chances are most older players have been a source of revenue for ankama for so long they would rather suck their d***s than actually change anything meaningful and helpful to new players, no a tutorial isn't a change, its a waste of time.

Making a few dungeons a bit easier isn't a meaningful change for that many new players either, we want the game to make us WANT to waste our time and at the current state of the game AND the community i and most other noobs/returning noobs just don't wanna play this game.

So it comes down to who the devs care about the most and obvs older players give them the money so i feel its either put up with the crap or play a different game these days.

Its sad and it sucks but the game isnt for new players anymore, like WoW they just want as much money as possible and our opinions dont matter to them.
0 0
Score : 325

i am not a new player by any means, i have been playing this game for over a decade, and i have been maging for a lot of that time as well. the system is not set up in a way that makes any sense, and costs you mountains of runes and kamas to do anything decent on an item, because of the 'gamble'. fixing an items stats should not be a gamble, and should not rely on luck 100% of the time. a rune just flat not working at all, is obsurd. its an archaic concept and does indeed need some sort of rework because a lot of mages i know just dont want to do it anymore, because of these reasons, and i guarantee a lot more out there do. some will sit there and make some money off of it sure, but i guarantee they would prefer it to be less stressful and random over its current state. among other large areas that have issues, there should be something in the game, that TELLS YOU what power runes have, and there should be a sink counter in the interface, at the very minimum. game is notorious for not giving you any info to work off of and forces players to use the wikis, instad of in game features. 

1 -1
Score : 105

I dunno what your problem is with maging. I maged a lot back in the days and also while the Temporis, an the process is still as predictable as is always been. Hell, it's predictable to the point that I could write a Bot, which would be able to mage any item.  
Yes, it's tedious (if you are greedy). Yes, it's sometimes time-consuming. Yes, it's sometimes really expensive. But it's also supposed to be. If you want the best of the best items, you should also have to invest something and not get everything for free. 
- I don't think there should be a sink counter (buy maybe a tutorial for counting)
- The power of the rune IS SHOWN on the rune

Don't think there is any change needed to maging. Maybe some minor tweeks but nothing major

1 0
Score : 325

lol, there should be a sink counter if its part of the process, not having one is just dumb. and predictable? a random stat will fall off, randomly. thats not predictable and it makes half of the process just luck and a lot more irritating. 
investment into maging costs millions of kamas and a lot of hours, and the payoff just isnt reallt that rewarding for the time, money and effort spent. you're more happy that you're done, than of whatever you were maging. and rune power is a newer addition, which is nice.

0 0
Score : 1849

I remember a game which I forget the name of, Goonzu or something - and when you craft an item you play a 'match 3' minigame and the better you are at that game, the better your piece of equipment turns out.

I always felt that maging should also be more like this (not necessarily a minigame, but something that you can keep improving on and get more skilled, while reducing the random/gamble factor).

0 0
Respond to this thread