By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

About the recent changes in the Bloodthirsty Madness spell.

By RalphSaint October 10, 2006, 20:25:45

The changes in the Sacrier's level 100 spell were significative. They lowered the cooldown from 1 cast each 3 turns for a 1 cast per turn. The AP cost went down from 6 to 2 (!). A critical hit was added to the spell (Level 5 Critical Hit deals 600-800 damage, and heals 300-400 Hitpoints). And what does every Sacrier thinks about the change?
They still kept the "You can't steal more of what's there" line, so you still heal only 30 HP from your 60 HP Dancing Sword, ALTHOUGH now you only use 2 AP, and can heal more the next turn. The fact they didn't look was that almost every Sacrier that has this spell uses on SUMMONS. Summons are expendable allies, and can be re-summoned, provided they have a cooldown. There's very few situations where a Sacrier is gonna cast at his ally, since it "can kill him...". The spell being more flexible, you can cast on more stuff, but checking every summon Sacriers can cast, there's only a couple that can provide SOME life: Chaferfus and Cawwots.
The first can only be cast once per battle, and have 100 HP at level 1. At level 5, it raises up to 200. So, once per battle, a level 100 Sacrier can heal 200 HP with it.
The second can be cast every 10 turns, if the spell level is at 1, and once every 8 turns, if the spell level is 5. The amount of HP is unknown for me, but I've heard Sacriers can heal 150-200 HP from it.
So, BTM acquired a brand new role in the spell list of Sacriers. From a spell that needs a 10 AP set to be able to fully use the "Sword Eating" combo (recovers 150-200 HP every 3 rounds, provided you maxed the sword spells, and BTM) to a spell that requires teamwork to be fully useful (using at allies Cawwots might be a nice idea). Problem is: Sacriers won't always be with a team, even though they're mainly support characters.
Overall, I think that the changes were not what was expected (It was better, IMO), but still wasn't enough to save the spell. BTM lost all it's glory with the Dragoturkey update, and became a "second class" spell. The kind of spell that is useful maxing, but there are spells that became more powerful then it (Coagulation became my new favourite healing Sacrier spell...). I appreciate what Ankama did, trying to save a level 100 spell that was destined to become a pretty almost useless spell, and I appreciate the speed that they did that. Although nothing is gonna bring old BTM back, the new changes may make it still have an use.
Offtopic: Thanks for keeping the 2x experience week promise.

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 2686

I see potential for the 'new' BloodThirsty Madness. The low AP cost appeals to me, and I see great possibilities in a mixed group. The Cawwots of allies will be instrumental in the continued viability of the spell. Sacriers will feel the loss more sharply in PvP and while soloing. The fact it will be necessary to level one or two extra spells to get the same healing you used to get (and not as often) might leave previous users of the spell quite ill. Spell points are so hard to come by, especially when all of our spells get their 'winning feature' at level 5.

Would it have been better to mimic Vampiric Word and exclude it from the changes? Absolutely

But I remain optimistic and believe the spell will retain usefullness, albeit in a modified manner.

0 0
Score : 835

Ooo, at last, a use for Dial of Xelor! A fellow sacrier can eat it!

0 0
Score : 3027

Please give Xelor and Sacs the Cra's level 100 spell "Bow Skill" - which adds an amazing amount of damage for any spell or weapon:

5 dmg at level 1, and 13 dmg at level 5. This adds to the total damage like +dmg equipment - which increases the average damage made with a weapon by unbelievable 3 to 5%!

Nonetheless, its AP cost is cheap: only 4 AP at all levels although it lasts infinitve and it almost never fails (fail rate 1/40).

Luckily, only the notorious overpowered Cras have such a powerful level 100 spell.

THAT spell would make Sacs or Xelors overpowered, right?

Mates, do we have luck that the notorious overpowered class Cra have been nerfed due to this change as well!

The well kown devastating Absorptive Arrow - even though it was capable to kill a slightly wounded black Gobbal with only one shot, healed often that much that even a single brave Scrara was obviously unable to kill a level 120 Cra! It was an expected nerf. Surely, the scaras must survive!

0 0
Score : 835
Citation
Nonetheless, its AP cost is cheap: only 4 AP at all levels although it lasts infinitve

...until unbewitched. wink

Truth is, we're all complaining about our level 100 spells, only out of envy for the Enutrof level 90 spell.
0 0
Score : 992

Enutrofs got a level 29 spell to compensate for the level 90 spell that we do not have.

0 0
Score : 1622
Citation
BayushiSomat :
Enutrofs got a level 29 spell to compensate for the level 90 spell that we do not have.

So do higher leveled Enus get this, whats it called and what does it do?
0 0
Score : 766

The BTM combo still uses too much AP. If they'd lower the AP cost for both dancing sword and flying sword to... well, 1 or even 0 (just make it spells that costs 1AP but gives the caster 1AP), then you'd do fair healing considering the AP spent even on the swords that you can summon yourself and have a small use of the spell... Or increase the HP of these summons. BTM sucks right now though. Why on earth would you need a critical hit with it?? It's not like you'll be hitting something with that much HP anyways.

0 0
Score : 992
Citation
Citation

So do higher leveled Enus get this, whats it called and what does it do?

It's the living shovel. As to what it does, it gives little bonus long lasting (8 chance for 12 turns) to chance, while having 5 mp, 2 ap to cast the chance raising spell, and about 220 base hp. It's basically even more useless that the spell level 100 for xelors, since it moves out of the way and can block you.
The level 100 spell for enu is completly useless in combat... 100 hp at lvl 100... lol. Yet it's used - sometimes - for drops. High level monsters tend to kill it because it's HP are low...

Yet enus don't complain about their 100 lvl spell (remember that is supposed to compensate for the 90), nor 90, because, as a whole they understand something that some people here didn't : there is 18 spells that you do not get at level 90 or above.

About bloodthirsty madness, the sole sacrier from my guild that has this spell never used it. So my remark is completly off topic.
0 0
Score : 283

There have been .. ohh.. about 5 threads on this between IMPS and the official forums, and I have replied on all of them countlessly. Actually.. this exact thing that I am writing is actually on IMPS, but some people on this forum don't use IMPS.. so.. here it goes.

We already know how bad it sucks compared to how it was before the update. Was it logical before the update? probably not. Is taking the cooldown and the AP down going to make people happy? Hell no. They aren't going to fix the way we steal HP (same calculation is done for ecas, sadidas, etc. as well) .. take 1/2 health. I really like the idea that I saw for sacs to take all HP.. but it still would suck (sword has 62 Hp, etc.). but it would mean that I wouldn't have to take cawwot up to level 4 or 5. (about 500+ HP for level 5 cawwot).

Points back? never. So what to do? Well.. the crit hit is useless .. 1 / 50 .. who cares, really. So.. We ahve a spell to use every turn, but on what? I can only see 2 instances...

1. Perc defend. Use BTM to suck life from Perc... If you are high enough to have BTM, then you should be in a guild with Percs that have over 2000+ HP.. (mine has 2500)

2. Cawwot + BTM chain. Even at level 5, you can only use every 7 turns... It sucks... Sacriers already have to allocate tons of points to their basics: Dancing Sword, punishments, Assault/kick.. plus Wep skill, coop, Punishment, transpose, perhaps even evade and coagulation, gotta have attraction to 5, Sacrafice is a must.. doesn't leave many points for buffing up cawwot ... then.. once you do.. what do you have? You have the same BTM that we had befroe the nerf except you can only use 1 out of every 7 turns.

(chafer only has 200 Hp at max level 5 and who's putting 10 points into chafer as a sac? not worth it)

You can't get life like we used to... I loved saving money on bread.. and I loved it when Srams and Fecas tried to run from me in PVP and I would heal up to kinda infuriate them...

I am happy that they saw that this is a problem and that Sacriers were unhappy about it. I am surprised they made a "fix" so quickly... and the "fix" isn't entirely crappy.. But I'm not holding my breath for anything else to change from here on out.

Question is: 10 points well wasted? Is this a horrible level 100 spell? I'd say yes to both.

This isn't something that should piss off just Sacs, but everyone.. In tough fights at higher levels, Sacriers take the hits for most of the team (level 5 sacrafice)... we take the hits so that everyone else can live and so whatever the hell they need to do. with BTM severely nerfed, we WILL die sooner and our teamates WILL take more damage and/or die.

0 0
Respond to this thread